AZ - Lori Vallow Daybell charged w/ conspiring to kill ex-husband Charles Vallow and another relative, Brandon Boudreaux, Chandler, Maricopa County,

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

That is more than one call per day on average. Would she also speak on the phone with her attorneys?

ETA: Call log in the article below. Most are call attempts.

Records show a total of 2 hours, 22 minutes, and 22 seconds on 18 connected calls during that time span.

18 connected calls and only 2 hours and 22 minutes in 5 months is extremely low I think.

That is the equivalent of not talking to people for more than 4 months.

I have seen records of defendants making 400 calls over several months, the Ohio Wagner family defendants from the Rhoden Gilley murder case.

18 connected calls and only 2 hours and 22 minutes in 5 months is extremely low I think.

That is the equivalent of not talking to people for more than 4 months.

I have seen records of defendants making 400 calls over several months, the Ohio Wagner family defendants from the Rhoden Gilley murder case.
We know that she is speaking to her mother (according to her uncle), but perhaps nobody else.

'Inadvertent mistake': Tensions rise as judge finds error in Chad Daybell's murder indictment​

The death dates listed for JJ Vallow in the indictment are actually the suspected death dates for Tylee Ryan, sometime between Sept. 8 and Sept. 9, 2019. JJ Vallow is presumed to have died between Sept. 22 and Sept. 23, according to prosecutors.

Although likely a clerical mistake, Idaho state law prohibits amendments to an indictment after the state officially rests its case.

Prior argued that the count 4 charge of first-degree murder should be dropped, stating the prosecution "lost their chance" to edit the indictment and "don't get to go back." "Judge, I'm asking the court to dismiss this charge," Prior said.

The prosecution presented three possible solutions: One was for the judge to overrule state law on indictment amendments post-rest and simply correct the record, the second was to accept the mistake and instruct the jury accordingly, and the last proposed solution was for Boyce to reject modifying the indictment and reopen the case.

Last edited:
Just a couple of docket updates - for both cases.

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
5/10/2024 AVL - Avowal - Party (001) 5/14/2024
NOTE: Avowal

4/25/2024 027 - ME: Pretrial Conference - Party (001) 4/25/2024

Case Calendar
Date Time Event
6/5/2024 8:30 Complex / Capital Case

7/25/2024 8:30 Pre-Trial Conference

8/1/2024 9:00 Trial

link: Docket - Criminal Court Case History

Had to look up "avowal" -
What is the definition of avowal?
An avowal is an affirmation of the truth of what you believe. It's an honest admission. An avowal is a way of owning up to or declaring something.

Since it's being asked in CD's trial thread -- Any consensus yet on whether LVD will be facing the Death Penalty in AZ?

The Jun 2021 indictment lists one "CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FIRST DEGREE MURDER, A CLASS 1 FELONY," (Charles) which is "punishable by a sentence of life imprisonment without possibility of release on any basis until the service of twenty-five years"

The Feb 2022 indictment lists one "CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FIRST DEGREE MURDER, A CLASS 1 FELONY," (Brandon) which is "punishable by a sentence of life imprisonment without possibility of release on any basis until the service of twenty-five years"

Yet well after both of these indictments, in Aug 2023, "Mitchell would not yet say if her office would be seeking the death penalty against Vallow Daybell."

The Oct 2023 extradition order lists the same two "CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER FIRST DEGREE" (Charles + Brandon)

Since it's being asked in CD's trial thread -- Any consensus yet on whether LVD will be facing the Death Penalty in AZ?

The Jun 2021 indictment lists one "CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FIRST DEGREE MURDER, A CLASS 1 FELONY," (Charles) which is "punishable by a sentence of life imprisonment without possibility of release on any basis until the service of twenty-five years"

The Feb 2022 indictment lists one "CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT FIRST DEGREE MURDER, A CLASS 1 FELONY," (Brandon) which is "punishable by a sentence of life imprisonment without possibility of release on any basis until the service of twenty-five years"

Yet well after both of these indictments, in Aug 2023, "Mitchell would not yet say if her office would be seeking the death penalty against Vallow Daybell."

The Oct 2023 extradition order lists the same two "CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER FIRST DEGREE" (Charles + Brandon)

The word "Conspiracy" is not written on court site. Both are murder charges.

Case #CR2021-001704-001 - for Charles
Disposition Information
Party Name Lori N Vallow
Crime Date 7/11/2019
Description MURDER 1ST DEGREE
ARSCode 13-1105A (F1)

Case #CR2022-001242-001 - for Brandon
Disposition Information
Party Name LORI N VALLOW
Crime Date 10/2/2019
Description MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED
ARSCode 13-1105A1 (F1)

The word "Conspiracy" is not written on court site. Both are murder charges.

Case #CR2021-001704-001 - for Charles
Disposition Information
Party Name Lori N Vallow
Crime Date 7/11/2019
Description MURDER 1ST DEGREE
ARSCode 13-1105A (F1)

Case #CR2022-001242-001 - for Brandon
Disposition Information
Party Name LORI N VALLOW
Crime Date 10/2/2019
Description MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED
ARSCode 13-1105A1 (F1)

Wow!

I've been operating on the assumption it was conspiracy all along

This is a way to force these convictions, murder 1st degree, because conspiracy isn't even an option!

Was there a change to the charge?

MOO

Wow!

I've been operating on the assumption it was conspiracy all along

This is a way to force these convictions, murder 1st degree, because conspiracy isn't even an option!

Was there a change to the charge?

MOO

I do not know about a change in the charges - just reading what the court site has.

Maybe someone can come up with the indictment & see what it says - I do not think I have seen that.

A review of the CV case (CR2021-001704) document titles at the link provided by Niner indicates that the case was upgraded to complex in early January, which means there will be no speedy trial.

Then there is a request for an extension to challenge the GJ proceedings, an allegation of aggravating circumstances, request for a rule 609 hearing, etc. The state had quite a flurry of activity back in January. She got a new attorney in late April (she has two).

Are the two cases going to be tried separately? (i.e. Charles and Brandon)
Does anyone know? I see that there are two different case numbers.

Both cases have this document filed with both case numbers on it.

June 5th hearing at 8:30
July 25th hearing at 8:30
Trial scheduled for August 1st at 9:00

Attachments

• m10849245.pdf
    102.3 KB · Views: 3

That is more than one call per day on average. Would she also speak on the phone with her attorneys?

ETA: Call log in the article below. Most are call attempts.

Records show a total of 2 hours, 22 minutes, and 22 seconds on 18 connected calls during that time span.

It would be interesting to know who didn’t answer her calls.

Of course I care about Charles receiving justice so I am interested in his case, but I'm slightly more interested in the case regarding Brandon's attempted murder. Why? Because his ex-wife was ok with him being labelled dark (and even some of her children were labelled as dark!) so that seems like a loose end to me. I hope that Melani will be charged one day. She is scary and she is currently free.
I know that this particular case does not charge her but I hope there is impetus that flows from this trial.

Docket updates:

For Charles case:

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
6/2/2024 REP - Report - Party (001) 6/4/2024
NOTE: COMPLEX CASE JOINT CASE MANAGEMENT REPORT PURSUANT TO A.O. NO. 2010-090

for both:
Case Calendar:
Date Time Event
6/5/2024 8:30 Complex / Capital Case

7/25/2024 8:30 Pre-Trial Conference

8/1/2024 9:00 Trial

edited to add - I do not believe the trial is going to start on 8/1/24 as Vallow got a new attorney.

Wednesday, June 5th:
*Complex/Capital Case Hearing (@ 8:30am MST) - AZ – Charles Vallow (62) shot & killed on July 11, 2019 in Chandler, AZ. *Lori Norene Vallow (46/now 50) indicted (6/24/21), charged (10/2/19) & arraigned (12/7/23) with 1 count of 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
AZ – Brandon Boudreaux (34/now 38) attempted murder on Oct. 2, 2019 in Gilbert, AZ. *Lori Norene Vallow (46/now 50) indicted (2/24/22), charged & arraigned (12/7/23) with 1 count of 1st degree murder premediated. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 8/1/24 for both cases but was continued with new attorney. No further dates.
Judge Justin Beresky presiding. State’s attorney Ryan Green. DA Treena Kay. Defense attorneys Gerald Bradley & Denae Suchy.

Case info from 2/24/22 thru 2/21/24 reference post #329 here:
[URL unfurl=”false"]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...allow-chandler-maricopa-county.679193/page-17[/URL]

4/22/24 Docket update: Order-that the defense counsel restrict dissemination of protected information contained within. 4/17/24: Notice of appearance. Order signed. Next Complex/Capital case management hearing on 4/24/24 @ 8:30am.
4/16/24 Docket update: Minute Entry. Motion of the State & good cause appearing. Ordered by Judge Justin Beresky that Defense Counsel limit the disclosure to counsel's staff & designed investigator & inform any person that is given access to this evidence (Kay Woodcock's Cellebrite cell phone download) of the restriction pursuant to this order. Under no circumstances is the defendant to be given access to any of the personal identifying or locating info of the victim(s) contained within. Order signed on 4/11/24. To attorneys Gerald M. Bradley & Denae Suchy.
4/22/24 Docket update: Report. Complex Case Joint Case management report pursuant to A.O. #2010-090. 4/24/24 Update: Next Complex/Capital Case hearing on 6/5/24 @ 8:30am.
4/26/24 Docket update: It is Ordered affirming the Trial Assignment date of 8/1/24 @ 9am before the Master Calendar Assignment Judge. The Trial Assignment hearing is in person for all lawyers & defendants. The parties should contact the Trial Assignment division prior to the date to request to appear virtually. The purpose of the hearing is to set dates for 1) the Trial Procedure conference & 2) the jury selection date. It is further Ordered affirming the Final trial management conference hearing on 7/25/24 @ 8:30am before Judge Beresky & complex case management conference hearing on 6/5/24 @ 8:30am. Defendant's presents is waived for this hearing only.
5/10/24 Docket update: Both: Avowal [An avowal is an affirmation of the truth of what you believe. It's an honest admission. An avowal is a way of owning up to or declaring something].
6/2/24 Docket Update: Charles: Report. Complex Case Joint case management report pursuant to A.O. #2010-090 filed by prosecutors.
ID – Vallow found guilty of all charges & sentenced to 3 consecutive life sentences without parole on 7/31/23.

Wednesday, June 5th:
*Complex/Capital Case Hearing (@ 8:30am MST) - AZ – Charles Vallow (62) shot & killed on July 11, 2019 in Chandler, AZ. *Lori Norene Vallow (46/now 50) indicted (6/24/21), charged (10/2/19) & arraigned (12/7/23) with 1 count of 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
AZ – Brandon Boudreaux (34/now 38) attempted murder on Oct. 2, 2019 in Gilbert, AZ. *Lori Norene Vallow (46/now 50) indicted (2/24/22), charged & arraigned (12/7/23) with 1 count of 1st degree murder premediated. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 8/1/24 for both cases but was continued with new attorney. No further dates.
Judge Justin Beresky presiding. State’s attorney Ryan Green. DA Treena Kay. Defense attorneys Gerald Bradley & Denae Suchy.

Case info from 2/24/22 thru 2/21/24 reference post #329 here:
[URL unfurl=”false"]AZ - Lori Vallow Daybell charged w/ conspiring to kill ex-husband Charles Vallow and another relative, Brandon Boudreaux, Chandler, Maricopa County,[/URL]

4/22/24 Docket update: Order-that the defense counsel restrict dissemination of protected information contained within. 4/17/24: Notice of appearance. Order signed. Next Complex/Capital case management hearing on 4/24/24 @ 8:30am.
4/16/24 Docket update: Minute Entry. Motion of the State & good cause appearing. Ordered by Judge Justin Beresky that Defense Counsel limit the disclosure to counsel's staff & designed investigator & inform any person that is given access to this evidence (Kay Woodcock's Cellebrite cell phone download) of the restriction pursuant to this order. Under no circumstances is the defendant to be given access to any of the personal identifying or locating info of the victim(s) contained within. Order signed on 4/11/24. To attorneys Gerald M. Bradley & Denae Suchy.
4/22/24 Docket update: Report. Complex Case Joint Case management report pursuant to A.O. #2010-090. 4/24/24 Update: Next Complex/Capital Case hearing on 6/5/24 @ 8:30am.
4/26/24 Docket update: It is Ordered affirming the Trial Assignment date of 8/1/24 @ 9am before the Master Calendar Assignment Judge. The Trial Assignment hearing is in person for all lawyers & defendants. The parties should contact the Trial Assignment division prior to the date to request to appear virtually. The purpose of the hearing is to set dates for 1) the Trial Procedure conference & 2) the jury selection date. It is further Ordered affirming the Final trial management conference hearing on 7/25/24 @ 8:30am before Judge Beresky & complex case management conference hearing on 6/5/24 @ 8:30am. Defendant's presents is waived for this hearing only.
5/10/24 Docket update: Both: Avowal [An avowal is an affirmation of the truth of what you believe. It's an honest admission. An avowal is a way of owning up to or declaring something].
6/2/24 Docket Update: Charles: Report. Complex Case Joint case management report pursuant to A.O. #2010-090 filed by prosecutors.
ID – Vallow found guilty of all charges & sentenced to 3 consecutive life sentences without parole on 7/31/23.
Thanks as always for keeping us updated Niner!!

I might be missing something, but is that "charged" date for the Charles case correct? Surely Lori wasn't charged for Charles' murder on 10/2/19. Wasn't that the date that Brandon was shot at?

Thanks as always for keeping us updated Niner!!

I might be missing something, but is that "charged" date for the Charles case correct? Surely Lori wasn't charged for Charles' murder on 10/2/19. Wasn't that the date that Brandon was shot at?

Thanks for pointing that out. She was charged & arraigned on the same date - 12/8/23 per court site. I shall change my notes. And again - thanks for catching that error! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttaylor21318
Back