AZ - Lori Vallow Daybell charged w/ conspiring to kill ex-husband Charles Vallow and another relative, Brandon Boudreaux, Chandler, Maricopa County,

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read that Maricopa county has the fourth largest prosecutors office in the country. Wouldn't you think they would have assigned a whole team to go through those 100K pages of case material? The assigned guy has only made it through 8K of them and I don't see any way to meet a speedy trail requirement based on that.

Charles & Brandon cases:

Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
6/6/2024 027 - ME: Pretrial Conference - Party (001) 6/6/2024

CHARLES ONLY:
6/6/2024 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 6/7/2024
NOTE: MOTION FOR NUNC PRO TUNC ORDER TO CORRECT MINUTE ENTRY REGARDING DEFENSE MOTION AT JUNE 5, 2024 COURT HEARING

Both cases:

Case Calendar
Date Time Event
6/5/2024 8:30 Complex / Capital Case

7/1/2024 8:30 Status Conference

7/25/2024 8:30 Pre-Trial Conference

8/1/2024 9:00 Trial

link: Docket - Criminal Court Case History

Brandon Boudreaux's case

Party Name
State Of Arizona - (1)
Relationship
Plaintiff
Sex
N/A
Attorney
Kay, Treena
Judge

Case #

Party Name
LORI N VALLOW - (2)
Relationship
Defendant
Sex
F
Attorney
Bradley, Gerald
Judge
Master Calendar
Case #
CR2022-001242-001
Disposition Information

Party Name
LORI N VALLOW
Crime Date
10/2/2019
Date

Description
MURDER 1ST DEG-PREMEDITATED
ARSCode
13-1105A1 (F1)
Currently awaiting trial.

Last edited:
VALLOW TRIAL: Defense for Lori Vallow motions to continue her August trial to February of 2025. Public defender Gerald Bradley says this is necessary to give Lori Daybell a competent representation but she objects and wants to assert speedy trial rights.

Attachments

• GRGXyBeaMAEl2wT.jpeg
    GRGXyBeaMAEl2wT.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1
  • GRGXyBkboAAKbdV.jpeg
    GRGXyBkboAAKbdV.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1
  • GRGXyBkb0AAm-6c.jpeg
    GRGXyBkb0AAm-6c.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240627-140029.png
    Screenshot_20240627-140029.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 1
Demanding a speedy trial can be a good legal strategy for defendant to give the prosecution less time to build a case, avoiding conviction. With Lori, what does it matter? It's not like she stands a chance of walking free.

Demanding a speedy trial can be a good legal strategy for defendant to give the prosecution less time to build a case, avoiding conviction. With Lori, what does it matter? It's not like she stands a chance of walking free.
She wants to go back to Idaho ASAP. Prisons might be nicer there than in Arizona.

I don’t understand how LVD’s attorneys can ask for a delay if she is asserting her right to a speedy trial and has indicated to them that she doesn’t want the delay. I get that they want and even need make the request as they have a duty to defend their client to the best of their abilities and cannot do that without more time. But I can’t really see how the request can be approved if the client is asserting the right to a speedy trial. It is my understanding that the only cure for a violation of the right to a speedy trial is that the conviction is overturned. If I’m right about that then the only other question I have at the moment is what determines how long is too long to be considered a speedy trial? Is there a set amount of time from arraignment or something? Would a 6 month delay violate her right to a speedy trial? Is the length of time for a speedy trial arbitrary?

Can anyone help me understand the right to a speedy trial better?

TIA

But I can’t really see how the request can be approved if the client is asserting the right to a speedy trial. It is my understanding that the only cure for a violation of the right to a speedy trial is that the conviction is overturned.

"Speedy trial" is ALWAYS a relative term, and the statutory limits can be stretched when it is "necessary."

A good example is LVD's trial in ID, in which she never let go of her speedy trial rights at any point, and yet she didn't come to trial for years. In that case, the court had to intervene when she went nuts and couldn't be considered sane, and had to wait until her mental state changed. It was still a "speedy trial" (and that issue ultimately came into play) even though the time from arrest to trial was long.

In this situation, the request for a delay is being made by the defense, not the state, and it comes in the interest of her having a proper defense. In light of what is being asked, they will get it -- it's far from unreasonable, and her absolute rights to have a defense are always top priority -- and the fact they are only asking for what is necessary should preserve the speedy trial mandate for her once it moves forward again.

Consider this a sort of parenthesis in the schedule, for the defense to have a reasonable time to catch up, with the time clock stopped during the parenthesis, if you will.

And I don't think she cares if she is convicted. I think she still believes she is a goddess and being persecuted by the "dark" world either doesn't matter to her or the persecutions will be vindicated when the world ends or something like that.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back