AZ AZ - Mark Goudeau, Baseline killer & serial rapist, accused of 9 murders

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
scandi said:
Thanks Hoping, What do you mean by undocumented?

Scandi

I mean I wonder if he's a US Citizen, or if he's using fake identification or something.

I don't think he's Mexican, that's not the point I'm trying to make and I hope nobody takes it that way. I know that our border is really broken, right now, and people from anywhere could sneak in if they want to.

He's just so brazen...doesn't care if he gets caught. Does crimes right in front of video cameras - attacks people in public places (why others don't see is just astounding, it reminds me of the three monkeys: see, hear, speak no evil), obviously uses the same weapon and that's how they're connecting him forensically. They're getting tons of tips and NOTHING has panned out. I don't think this guy is who he says he is.

I just don't like this feeling of: who's next?
I want this b@$t@rd caught!

Hi Hoping, I see what you mean, and it makes sense. They say he is black. Candice DeLong said he is probably either black or Mexican - can't remember if she included Indian, but whatever he is, she said he could very well be of mixed race since he has crossed race lines in his killings which is pretty unusual. Kill a black, then a white, then a hispanic, etc.

And I think one of his ideas in changing his appearance is to look like an Indian off the reservation with the hat and white jean look.

Scandi

Hi AZ, It is interesting, and since it is forensic it must be the stridations on the bullets line up or match those in the other killings. I think bullet info would be forensic, right?

Scandi

I feel horrible saying this but I think the husband of one of the lunch truck victims is acting a little bit strange. His name is Alvin Hogue, husband of Romelia Vargas.

In an interview with a local TV station, when asked about the allegations that his wife was involved in selling drugs, he told them that the couple had been struggling financially and he asked her to do whatever she could to help. He also said he never encouraged her to do anything illegal in nature, and he said quote: "if she had anything to do with any of that, then she paid the ultimate price."

He pretty much said that if she was involved with drugs that she got what she deserved. She had been murdered apx 3 months prior to that interview on May 17 and he just seemed...I don't know, odd. The other woman's boyfriend said that she would never be involved in that, and that she just recently switched trucks because of that and he was positive she wasn't involved - he defended her. But this Alvin Hogue guy seemed to say "oh well, if she was involved with drugs than she deserves what happened." At least, thats how I took it.

The most recent interview, however, about the drug allegations that police are saying are not involved in her murder, he states "...and I never believed it, not for a minute. She's in a good place because she's a good woman and she did not deserve that." a direct contradiction to his previous interview.

He also spoke directly to the killer: "Do the right thing in your heart and come forward and...lets bring this all to an end."

I'm preparing for the tar and feather treatment here, but if you go to azcentral.com and click on the video link titled: 'Police tie two murders to Baseline Killer' and watch it, you will see his expression. It looks like he's forcing out tears, he doesn't seem sincere at all. Of course, everyone deals with grief different, and this could just be his 'way'. But something isnt right.

IMO, he even looks like the sketch. I really hope the Phx PD is taking a closer look at this guy.

Hey all,

I too live in Phoenix but not in the same part of town as the crimes but it is still scary. I know that my girlfriends and I aren't even running to the gas station alone anymore and our men have their chests all puffed out, ready to protect the women folk.

I think the two do not know each other. I think if they did there would be more crimes happening. So far they seem random and usually a few weeks apart. The last guy who got shot they were sure was the work of the sniper but it turned out to be someone else. I have actually heard there is a possible 3rd serial killer out there, except he doesn't kill, just shoots people in the leg or arm. Could just be panic. Either way, I keep my doors locked and eyes open more so than before. I just hope it is will be over soon, it is too darn hot for this chit!

Thanks all, for the great links! I was in Phoenix last weekend and the fear is palpable. The sense that one could be the target for a depraved animal that is hunting people is just chilling. After dinner we were standing in a parking lot talking (two friends and myself) when a leaf blew off a tree and hit the back of my head. I about jumped out of my skin...didn't breathe naturally until I got halfway home (about 200 miles away!)

Let's hope these killers are caught before they hurt anybody else!

Yes Anita, two shootings in Mesa, a hop skip and a jump from Phoenix, and I'm wondering if Candice DeLong is thinking he has moved to that area. She said he might move if he thinks they are Zoning in on him, and it did move for a while to the NE area where the 2 kilers were both working in the same teritory. They X'ed those comments of Candice's out of the rerun that night, probably so as not to give him any ideas if he was watching. Looks like he might have been, eh?

Although I wouldn't ever want to give either of these guys any credence as to how smart they could really be. Nopey Nope!

Scandi

I went to Mesa and brought my 18 yr old daughter home. She was in college and lived on Baseline in Mesa. She was taking the bus to school and walking home late at night from work. And even though she only had to walk a block, she said she was terrified. I just had a bad feeling about all this. She took a leave of absence from school until Sept 5 but if there is no resolution on this case, she will not be going back. She said that while she was riding the bus, every male on the bus started looking like the killer...the fear is palpable!

richandfamous said:
I went to Mesa and brought my 18 yr old daughter home. She was in college and lived on Baseline in Mesa. She was taking the bus to school and walking home late at night from work. And even though she only had to walk a block, she said she was terrified. I just had a bad feeling about all this. She took a leave of absence from school until Sept 5 but if there is no resolution on this case, she will not be going back. She said that while she was riding the bus, every male on the bus started looking like the killer...the fear is palpable!
I think you did the right thing! Better safe than sorry. I know what you mean about every man looking like the killer...I had a man approach me for "help"-he needed money for gas. It really freaked me out. Later I thought, "What the heck is a MAN doing asking a WOMAN for help in this atmosphere? Just out of courtesy you would think strange men would steer clear of women for now, at least!

I guess my friends and I really don't think too much about it all because we live on the other side of the city and if we are out alone we are locked in our cars. Plus, a lot of the areas that are being hit are not the best areas to begin with so we aren't that shocked. If it happened in North Scottsdale or Paradise Valley (suburbs of Phoenix with $$$$) then people would be shocked. But us West Siders are tough LOL.

SpongeBathHotPants said:
I guess my friends and I really don't think too much about it all because we live on the other side of the city and if we are out alone we are locked in our cars. Plus, a lot of the areas that are being hit are not the best areas to begin with so we aren't that shocked. If it happened in North Scottsdale or Paradise Valley (suburbs of Phoenix with $$$$) then people would be shocked. But us West Siders are tough LOL.

Actually, several of the attacks happened just blocks from the upscale Biltmore area. People in the Biltmore are just as concerned for their safety so I'm not sure that this is a socio-economic issue. Perhaps only to the extent that people walking alone late at night or early in the morning may not own vehicles.

SpongeBathHotPants said:

I live in the Phoenix Metro Area, and these crimes have occurred in all parts of town. The last one in Mesa occurred at Gilbert & Brown Rds. That is not considered a bad part of town at all. As for you and your friends being out alone....just be careful because being locked in your car isn't going to stop a bullet. I know I have definately become more aware...but I hate how the media keeps portraying this over and over...totally sensationalizing it. It makes me wonder if all the news reports and redundant focusing on this is just making it worse and either creating copycat killers or simply feeding the perp's warped craving for attention.

richandfamous said:
I do not blame you at all for doing this and kudos to your daughter for being aware enough and smart enough to actually be afraid. So many people at that age think they are invincible.

I like your doggie Liza and I love your tag line. :)

A friend of a friend may have had an encounter with the serial shooter!

She was jogging early in the morning on the canal - as many people do around here- and she noticed the same vehicle at several cross-roads along her path. She called the police and they were there immediately. After she told them about the strange vehicle, they told her to continue running and they would watch her. She noticed a police car at every cross-road on the way back. At the end of her run, she talked to a police office and he said he was writing a full report because her description matches many reported descriptions of the shooter.

FYI, he drives a silver FORD BRONCO II, not a sedan like AMW showed. He wears a baseball cap and he has his license plate in the lower right corner of the back window of his vehicle and the vehicle does not have window tint. (very rare here for a car to not have window tint).

After AMW, the local LE said that the vehicle info was not correct from the show. I guess now we know why.

WOW AZ, What a scoop! Thanks so much, and tell you friend that we are so thankful she was astute and is safe.

The guy must not be thinking with a full deck to still be out prowling for victims to shoot. Hard to imagine, unless maybe he wants to get caught If she saw him at several crossroads he could have been scouting her, do you think? I wonder why he held himself at bay and didn't shoot at her? From your accounting she noticed him at several crossroads before she used her cellie to call LE. She was really a target for him for that while until she pulled out her phone, but I'd love to know why he didn't choose her to be a victim.

Thanks Sweetie!

Scandi

Hey AZ, another thought.

Do you think it is possible that LE gave the wrong info about what kind of car he had to the public and AMW so the shooter will not realize how close LE is to discovering him? They want to catch him, not have him run or change cars, don't you think?

And the car from what you described is exceptionally traceable. The location of the license plate, no window tint. They could check the whole state to see how many of these cars have been sold with no tint with all of their connections.

Personally I think they know who he is and are just waiting to bust him in the act so their case is foolproof. I really think that.

Scandi

Wow! Great information, Azlaw. Thank God your friend is ok...hopefully her information will help LE catch this jerk. (Interesting that the person she saw appeared to be by himself. I wonder if it WAS the sniper, if there is an accomplice hiding in the back ala Lee Boyd Malvo and John Allen Muhammad.)

Hopefully this will end soon and we'll know all the details!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back