GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.azfamily.com/story/29421396/family-of-missing-couple-not-giving-up

Family members are baffled as to how the couple could just vanish without a trace. Checks of their bank accounts, phones and emails have shown no activity since Sunday night.

“I don't. I don't. It's a real mystery. They were there Sunday night and gone Monday morning,” said Dugan.
The Careccias were high school sweethearts, who went their separate ways, married others, had families, then reconnected and married about a year ago. Dugan said of all the scenarios that have played in his head, the one that has the pair disappearing by their own choice, just doesn't make sense. The couple bought the plot of land next to him.

More at link...

I find it hard to believe that she would leave her house without her purse if she was on her way to work. IMO

RBBM

Actually I don't find that strange at all. I'm a property manager and carrying around a purse just gets in the way for me. So I put my driver's license, bank card and maybe 1 credit card in the back pocket of my jeans and put maybe 10 bucks in my front pocket.

Family members are baffled as to how the couple could just vanish without a trace. Checks of their bank accounts, phones and emails have shown no activity since Sunday night.

“I don't. I don't. It's a real mystery. They were there Sunday night and gone Monday morning,” said Dugan.
The Careccias were high school sweethearts, who went their separate ways, married others, had families, then reconnected and married about a year ago. Dugan said of all the scenarios that have played in his head, the one that has the pair disappearing by their own choice, just doesn't make sense. The couple bought the plot of land next to him.

More at link...

I'm not buying into the whole 5am thing.
I think whatever happened may have happened earlier than 5 am. Was the son up at 5am when they supposedly were last seen? (Not likely but hey I guess it is possible)

Regarding sharing the one vehicle... I'd really like to know the husband's employment status. I knows many families do it, but it seems to me that it is usually indicative of financial shortcomings or problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could riding together be because they are newly married? I know it's been a year but some friends of mine married almost 2 years ago but they act like teenagers almost. It's the second marriage for both and Lisa's daughter is a teenager so they get to spend a lot of time just the two of them. JMO

I'm not buying into the whole 5am thing.
I think whatever happened may have happened earlier than 5 am. Was the son up at 5am when they supposedly were last seen? (Not likely but hey I guess it is possible)

Do businesses open earlier like 6-7am and then close earlier at 2-3pm because of the heat? How far of a drive is Chandler? Just spitballing...lol

I see that there is quite a bit of farming in the area -- I live out in the sticks too with lots of farming and trying to find anything in corn fields is no easy task, especially in the intense heat :(

It is my guess that whatever happened- whether it was a runaway or something sinister- happened over night. One option in the runaway scenario is that they used the car in the night to go drop off some supplies for themselves at their getaway spot. Then, they drove the car back and dropped it back off, near home. That way, they don't have to tote all of their items on their backs, but have a little stash of whatever in a "secure" location. This would explain the dust covered car that is usually pristine (which I am not sure how any car isn't dust covered by the looks of those roads!) This is not fact or even an opinion, just an option that popped into my mind.

This is an interesting "option". What are your thoughts on why they might need a stash/ supplies at another location? Maybe they wanted to vanish? I've skimmed through and maybe I missed it, but is there a reason they would need or want to up and leave willingly?

I'd hate to think of anybody abandoning their children (adult or otherwise), and putting all of their families through hell, but my gut still tells me this was a planned disappearance of this couple. That maybe they had some troubles and decided to run away. Could have planned for a long time. Could have had help. Because I can't see why somebody would go to the trouble of offing them, parking the car and hiding the bodies. What could they have done to have someone plan a "hit" on them? So far as I know, nothing. (Plus the other thing that we "must not discuss" that I still think happened). JMO

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'd hate to think of anybody abandoning their children (adult or otherwise), but my gut still tells me this was a planned disappearance of this couple. That maybe they had some troubles and decided to run away. Could have planned for a long time. Could have had help. Because I can't see why somebody would go to the trouble of offing them, parking the car and hiding them. What could they have done to have someone plan a "hit" on them? (Plus the other thing must not discuss that I still think happened).

I agree 100%. I just don't know the reason why they would have done it. I mean, I can tick off the boxes of the usual reasons why people try to disappear but it is just so strange.

They have 5 dependents between them and not much money (reportedly). I wonder how much life insurance they have on them?

I agree 100%. I just don't know the reason why they would have done it. I mean, I can tick off the boxes of the usual reasons why people try to disappear but it is just so strange.

I agree. Something spontaneous and romantic about reuniting with your high school sweetheart story gives me a more adventurous vibe for them. So this is exactly the type of dynamic in a couple I would imagine being on the run or even being 'Rank Bobbers' like in a movie. I dunno.[emoji13]. I'm shutting up now before I get it.

A professionally trained pilot, especially one that can speak Spanish, would have no trouble finding work off grid.

And I'm confused, her daughters last name is Perry, which is Tina's former husbands name BUT, her daughters FATHERS last name is Busby!! This family confuses me so much.

"Monday night, Careccia's son Luke, from his first marriage, found the couple's car less than a mile from the home, parked along a wall that enclosed a storage yard. According to detectives, the car did not show obvious signs of foul play."

Your link, for me, comes up that the page is unavailable...

So, I found this link:

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/29421554/family-of-missing-couple-not-giving-up

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 9:09 PM MDT
Updated: Jun 26, 2015 9:25 PM MDT

"The Pinal County Sheriff's Office was contacted and a search began. Monday night, Careccia's son Luke, from his first marriage, found the couple's car less than a mile from the home, parked along a wall that enclosed a storage yard. According to detectives, the car did not show obvious signs of foul play."

On the other hand...

This article states:

"5:38 p.m. MST June 24, 2015"

(Snipped By Me...)

"About three hours later, sheriff's deputies found the Honda near Ralson and Papago roads, not far from the Careccias' home, but detectives said there was no sign of where the couple went from there."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...sing-maricopa-couple-continues-abrk/29233519/

So, Luke says they left at 5 AM. Luke calls 911 at 7:15 PM. Luke finds their car.

Did Luke find the car or did the deputies?
For some reason I can't see many replies on the missing facebook page for them anymore,
as they are either being deleted now, or they are only for people who have a facebook acct.
and "like" their page.
One comment, a Reply, made by the administrator, if I recall correctly, they said that Luke did not
find the car, but yet on MSM it says both, Luke and the sheriff deputies.
This is confusing!
IMOO.

ETA:
https://www.facebook.com/Maricopafindmikeandtina?fref=ts

A professionally trained pilot, especially one that can speak Spanish, would have no trouble finding work off grid.

Like somewhere on the Riviera Maya. I really hope this for them. It's so much better than the foul play scenerio.

The news channel removed a lot of what they had previously written. There was commentary from Geoff about Mike's strong bond/relationship with Luke and how they talked on the phone several times a day. That was removed. There was also a comment from Geoff that there was a fire and they were rebuilding their home next door. Construction had just recently begun. That was removed.

In this new article it states they were all together Sunday for Father's Day. "We know we saw them Sunday night at 10 or 10:30, and woke up the next morning and we assumed they had left to run errands in town," Dugan says. "Come to find out they never made it and we don't know what happened in between time."

http://www.azfamily.com/story/29421...or-missing-pinal-county-couple?autostart=true

That's odd since it was previously said that Mike was taking Tina to work. But it's sounding now like Geoff saw them Sunday night and there was no discussion about them leaving the house at 5am, or Tina going to work.

I'm baffled. JMHO.

The news channel removed a lot of what they had previously written. There was commentary from Geoff about Mike's strong bond/relationship with Luke and how they talked on the phone several times a day. That was removed. There was also a comment from Geoff that there was a fire and they were rebuilding their home next door. Construction had just recently begun. That was removed.

In this new article it states they were all together Sunday for Father's Day. "We know we saw them Sunday night at 10 or 10:30, and woke up the next morning and we assumed they had left to run errands in town," Dugan says. "Come to find out they never made it and we don't know what happened in between time."

http://www.azfamily.com/story/29421...or-missing-pinal-county-couple?autostart=true

That's odd since it was previously said that Mike was taking Tina to work. But it's sounding now like Geoff saw them Sunday night and there was no discussion about them leaving the house at 5am, or Tina going to work.

I'm baffled. JMHO.

And I saw something on the facebook page that they were going to Mesa and that she wasn't working that day, but I don't recall if that was from the administrator, or if that was a poster, so definitely Rumor on that...
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member