GUILTY AZ - Michael, 44, & Tina Careccia, 42, Maricopa, 22 June 2015 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I saw the order on the docket I thought, "What? He's suddenly incapacitated?" I have not worked with many criminal cases so I'm not sure but wondering also if the docket would look like that if there might be a witness that is a child. Does anyone know if that is how the filing would look like if a witness needed a GAL?

When I saw the order on the docket I thought, "What? He's suddenly incapacitated?" I have not worked with many criminal cases so I'm not sure but wondering also if the docket would look like that if there might be a witness that is a child. Does anyone know if that is how the filing would look like if a witness needed a GAL?

I sure hope that isn't the case. Was Jose's child at the Careccia party? Reports said Jose and his child were invited. If he was there, did Jose take him somewhere and drop him off before Mike and Tina came over?

Maybe Jose's child was there when the murder happened (hope not!), but maybe needs to be represented because of what he/she saw and/or heard?

Does anyone think it is strange to not have any published obituaries for Mike and Tina?? I understand wanting to make and keep the funerals somewhat private.....but, something about this whole keeping everything quiet makes me wonder. Does anyone get the feeling the families left behind are scared of some sort of retaliation?? Perhaps I've watched too much Breaking Bad.......but, the quietness is odd IMHO. And maybe The obits were missed by me?

Does anyone think it is strange to not have any published obituaries for Mike and Tina?? I understand wanting to make and keep the funerals somewhat private.....but, something about this whole keeping everything quiet makes me wonder. Does anyone get the feeling the families left behind are scared of some sort of retaliation?? Perhaps I've watched too much Breaking Bad.......but, the quietness is odd IMHO. And maybe The obits were missed by me?
A lot of people don't do obituaries any more. My sister and I didn't for either of our parents. Most people don't read newspapers anymore, so not many read local obits like people used to. I think this is more of a societal change than a sign of something nefarious. Moo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No reason to pay a newspaper for an obituary. A notice is usually included online by funeral homes as part of the overall service.

No reason to pay a newspaper for an obituary. A notice is usually included online by funeral homes as part of the overall service.
Yes, I know. My Mom works for a funeral home. Obituaries aren't always just in newspapers. It is usually included and posted online by funeral homes. I think it's strange. Maybe I'm old-school (at 47)....I just think there should be respect shown for their lives. Interesting....

It cost us something like $300 to publish my aunt's obituary in the local paper last summer. In addition to funeral costs.

Newspaper obituaries are for the living to read and they become yesterdays old news lining bird cages or end up in a landfill or recycling center. More important how the dearly departed was treated in life and how well and often they are remembered by their families and friends, who are their living legacy.

http://www.inmaricopa.com/Article/2...ye-forensics-as-careccia-murder-case-extended

The man accused of murdering a Maricopa couple was in court Monday asking for an extension...
Family and friends of the Careccias filled two benches in the courtroom in Florence. They were silent as Valenzuela was brought in wearing red PCSO garb. He also remained silent during the pretrial hearing.
With no objection from the County Attorney’s Office, White granted the extension, with the next court date set for Oct. 5.
Afterward, Mannato said the nature of the evidence he was talking about was fingerprinting, ballistics, tire tread and toxicology. The family has refuted Valenzuela’s claim that the Careccias were using meth, so the results of the toxicology report are of primary interest to the prosecution and the defense.

http://www.inmaricopa.com/Article/2...ye-forensics-as-careccia-murder-case-extended

The man accused of murdering a Maricopa couple was in court Monday asking for an extension...
Family and friends of the Careccias filled two benches in the courtroom in Florence. They were silent as Valenzuela was brought in wearing red PCSO garb. He also remained silent during the pretrial hearing.
With no objection from the County Attorney’s Office, White granted the extension, with the next court date set for Oct. 5.
Afterward, Mannato said the nature of the evidence he was talking about was fingerprinting, ballistics, tire tread and toxicology. The family has refuted Valenzuela’s claim that the Careccias were using meth, so the results of the toxicology report are of primary interest to the prosecution and the defense.

Thanks for the Update!

The autopsy was released. They both had meth in their system. http://www.trivalleycentral.com/casa_grande_dispatch/
Wow. I'm not surprised, but I am sad. I say it all the time, drugs kill. Drugs are bad. Bad things happen when you do drugs. Drugs don't care if your an attractive couple, or highschool sweethearts with a big supportive family. Drugs will laugh in your face and kill you anyway.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I feel for the family (her brother) that was adamant that Tina did not do drugs.
I don't know if they were truly in denial or just didn't think this could happen to Tina.
Taking drugs, happens to all walks of life.
For whatever reason people do drugs, they do, good and bad people.
Unfortunately, the legacy remains that if you mess with drugs, you can mess with the people that come with
the drugs, or the people that come with the drugs can mess with you. Bad combo.

I don't think any less of Mike and Tina.
It is sad that they were murdered.

IMOO.

The reports indicate that Michael Careccia and Tina Careccia (listed as Tina Busby in the medical examiner's report) both tested positive for amounts of methamphetamine, amphetamines and alcohol in their system. Tina, who had more than 15 times the amount of methamphetamine in her system than Michael, also tested positive for Temazepam, a potentially habit-forming drug similar to Valium that is used to treat the inability to sleep. Those who take this medication are warned not to drink alcohol while on it.

http://www.12news.com/story/news/lo...ort-killed-maricopa-couple-released/71344156/

I feel for the family (her brother) that was adamant that Tina did not do drugs.
I don't know if they were truly in denial or just didn't think this could happen to Tina.
Taking drugs, happens to all walks of life.
For whatever reason people do drugs, they do, good and bad people.
Unfortunately, the legacy remains that if you mess with drugs, you can mess with the people that come with
the drugs, or the people that come with the drugs can mess with you. Bad combo.

I don't think any less of Mike and Tina.
It is sad that they were murdered.

IMOO.

Meth and other drugs messed up my whole family. I do think less of Mike and Tina.

I am naïve about these drugs but could these drugs have been given post mortem?

It was a weekend of hard partying, doesn't mean they deserved to have their brains blown out.

Meth can cause surges of anger as well as bouts of euphoria. Some of the most intense fist fights I've ever witnessed were when groups of friends were partying while high on meth and alcohol.

That little voice in the back of your head that says, "This is a bad idea", seems to completely vanish when you are in the middle of a crystal buzz. You basically feel invincible.

In a nutshell, peoples minds simply aren't working like they normally would........which makes total sense because they are drugged up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock
Back