AZ AZ - Mikelle Biggs, 11, Mesa, 2 Jan 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cannot help but think of the dollar bill and how a dollar was put into the pocket of a 9 year old girl found murdered in Toronto.
Her killer is rumoured to be in the US.
FWIW.speculation.
https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/..._most_wanted_fugitive_dennis_melvyn_howe.html
rbbm.
Mystery surrounds Toronto’s most wanted fugitive, Dennis Melvyn Howe
Almost 30 years after the murder of a nine-year-old girl, no one knows what happened to the suspect. Toronto’s most wanted fugitive, Dennis Melvyn Howe, appears to have vanished into thin air.
The Grade 4 pupil at Jesse Ketchum Public School was last seen alive playing in Jean Sibelius Park on Sunday, Jan. 23, 1983 at about 3 or 3:30 p.m. after having spent the day with her mother.

She was told to be home by 4. She was wearing a watch.

Nine days later, on Feb. 1, her body was found stuffed in the refrigerator of a nearby rooming house rented by Howe at 482 Brunswick Ave. in Toronto. The family lived several blocks away at 493 Dupont St.

Retired homicide detective Wayne Oldham, in a secret he kept until 2010, revealed that a dollar bill was found in the girl’s clothing, leading to speculation that the convicted felon from Saskatchewan used money to lure her to his rooming house.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-23-January-1983&highlight=Dennis+Melvyn+Howe
[h=2]Sharin Morningstar Keenan, 9, Toronto, 23 January 1983[/h]

[h=1]Disappeared in Arizona: What to know about the database for the missing[/h]
The 879 names in the database blur together.

So do details of their disappearances.
They were last seen in Arizona.
Some are well-known, including Mikelle Biggs, the 11-year-old Mesa girl who vanished Jan. 2, 1999, while waiting for an ice cream truck.

But few of 14,000 open missing persons cases listed on the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System ever captured widespread attention, news bulletins or community vigils.
This National Institute of Justice database is a central repository for missing-persons cases and unidentified human remains.
It's the largest database for the public and law enforcement to connect in sharing information, often about cases gone cold for years.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/new...issing-unidentified-persons-system/386278002/

Mikella was 11 years old when she vanished on January 2nd, 1999, which was 19 years ago.

Yet her headstone gives 1989 as a birthday....
Her sister Kimber was 9 when Mikelle disappeared but that doesn't explain anything.

I still don't get why charley project etc have her birth year of 1987 but the tombstone says 1989
Mikelle Diane Biggs – The Charley Project

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

This is really bothering me as well. All missing sites and posters say 1987 and 11 years old. All grave sites and headstone pictures say 1989 and 9 years old.

Is there anyone who's close enough to go to her grave and see if it's been corrected? It's just very odd. I'm sure it doesn't matter but it's really bothering me that it hasn't been fixed in like ten + years.

They celebrated her 31st birthday this year which would be 1987. So I guess the headstone and memorial are wrong. Odd.

The 'Eerie' Scene After Girl Vanishes Waiting for Ice Cream Truck — Her Bike Left Behind

November 15, 2018

"Twenty years later, Kimber Biggs still vividly recalls what she encountered on her Mesa, Arizona, street the day her older sister, 11-year-old Mikelle Biggs, vanished....

People Magazine Investigates: Gone in 90 Seconds airs Monday (10 p.m. ET) on Investigation Discovery."

The 'Eerie' Scene After 11-Year-Old Vanishes Waiting for Ice Cream Truck — Her Bike Left Behind
---

Where is Mikelle Biggs?

Apr 3, 2018

"11 year old Mikelle Biggs was kidnapped from Mesa, Arizona while waiting outside for an ice cream truck on January 2, 1999. It has been 19 years since Mikelle was last seen. There have been no arrests in her disappearance. Early March a dollar bill was found in Wisconsin with the writing, "My name is Mikel Biggs kidnapped from Mesa Az Im Alive." Whether this is real or not Mikelle deserves to come home and her family deserves answers. Mikelle would turn 29 this year. Bring Mikelle HOME...."

<modsnip: not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
TWENTY YEARS LATER, FAMILY OF MIKELLE BIGGS HOLDS OUT HOPE FOR ANSWERS IN ARIZONA GIRL’S ABDUCTION (with clip)
The Mesa 11-year-old was riding her sister’s bike when she disappeared in 1999

Jan 12, 2019

"Kimber Biggs felt joy when she heard Jayme Closs had come home -- and a deep aching pain.

"I couldn't believe it. I was -- I remember I was sitting on the couch with my boyfriend and I just, like, gasped. And he was like, 'What?' And I was like, 'Jayme Closs was found alive,' said Biggs.

"When something like this happens, does that give you renewed hope?" asked "48 Hours" correspondent Erin Moriarty.

"Um, somewhat," Biggs replied.

She has always hoped to see her own sister Mikelle walk back in the door....

In 90 seconds Kimber Biggs lost her sister and her childhood, and she still wants to know why.

"I hope that she is alive and well and that we get her back," she said. "But, you know, then reality kicks in and then I think, well, then my hopes need to just be that I know who took her and we find her body and give her, you know, the proper burial that she deserves."'

Twenty years later, family of Mikelle Biggs holds out hope for answers in Arizona girl’s abduction
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV special revives haunting nightmare of Mikelle Biggs

Jan 23, 2019

"The overwhelming sadness of Mikelle Biggs’ disappearance was thrust into the national spotlight once again last weekend by a CBS News special on the heartwarming survival of Jayme Closs.

Closs, 13, a rural Wisconsin girl who was missing for 88 days after her captor killed her parents, escaped two weeks ago and ran to freedom.

CBS spotlighted Mikelle, the 11-year-old, gap-toothed Mesa girl who seemingly vanished on Jan. 2, 1999, as a way of showing that not all children are as fortunate as Closs.

The special on “48 Hours” mentioned other teens who escaped, but also showed the pictures of several missing children and the phone number of the National Center for Exploited and Missing Children, 1-800-843-5678.

The show detailed the haunting story of how Mikelle and her sister, Kimber, then 9, went outside in their east-central Mesa neighborhood to wait for an ice cream truck that apparently never came.

Kimber Biggs, now 28 and still living in Mesa, appeared on the show along with Mesa Police Detective Steve Berry. (Editor’s Note: Jim Walsh, the author of this story, also appeared.)

They have never found Mikelle, named a suspect or made an arrest – leaving the Biggs family without justice.

Circumstantial evidence tends to point to a sex offender who nearby and was convicted of sexually assaulting another woman and leaving her to die.

But while detectives have strong suspicions, they have no direct evidence tying her disappearance to that criminal, who is serving a long sentence for sexual assaults...."

TV special revives haunting nightmare of Mikelle Biggs

mikelle-biggs.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I say I have spent years researching the crimes of Ralph Leon Jackson who I believe to be a Serial Killer. I used to think of him mainly as EAR/ONS but now I realise I was wrong in these cases. While searching the internet I have come across other cases and this is one I would like to give a bump to even though I do not know who the offender was. Like many others it is a moving case mainly because of the love and devotion of the surviving relatives for their loved ones who fell victim to foul play of the highest order:

I am Kimber Biggs, my sister Mikelle Biggs was kidnapped 15 years ago and nothing was ever found. Ask me anything! : IAmA

Just want to say I know it must be upsetting for any reletive to see a killer like Jackson mentioned in relation to their loved ones dissappearance.

One thing that has bothered me about this case is that the girls supposedly heard an ice cream truck. Was the music/bells similar to the legitimate ones that come around? It makes me think that this was a premeditated abduction. The abductor or abductors might have watched these girls for a few days or weeks either from a house or a car parked out on the street. If they could replicate the sound of bells/music (how though?) that was loud enough without having the girls see where the sound was coming from they could have easily taken the her (or both?). I think it was two people, one driving and one in the passenger seat who could easily pull up, open the door and pull her in. I would think that it would bring too much attention for a car to zoom in, park facing the wrong way (so that the driver can easily get out and take her) and leave with her most likely screaming. That would be hard to do in my opinion. Were there any suspicious vehicles in the area prior to the abduction? No one walking their dog had seen a car out of place? Just some thoughts...

One thing that has bothered me about this case is that the girls supposedly heard an ice cream truck. Was the music/bells similar to the legitimate ones that come around? It makes me think that this was a premeditated abduction. The abductor or abductors might have watched these girls for a few days or weeks either from a house or a car parked out on the street. If they could replicate the sound of bells/music (how though?) that was loud enough without having the girls see where the sound was coming from they could have easily taken the her (or both?). I think it was two people, one driving and one in the passenger seat who could easily pull up, open the door and pull her in. I would think that it would bring too much attention for a car to zoom in, park facing the wrong way (so that the driver can easily get out and take her) and leave with her most likely screaming. That would be hard to do in my opinion. Were there any suspicious vehicles in the area prior to the abduction? No one walking their dog had seen a car out of place? Just some thoughts...

Interesting post my feeling is also that the killer could replicate an ice cream van sound to lure a child.

Interesting post my feeling is also that the killer could replicate an ice cream van sound to lure a child.
Well I believe that they may have had radios or recorders to do that. They may have had a recorder loud enough to replicate the sound of an ice cream truck and used it to lure Mikelle away and kidnap her.

Well I believe that they may have had radios or recorders to do that. They may have had a recorder loud enough to replicate the sound of an ice cream truck and used it to lure Mikelle away and kidnap her.

Obviously it is possible to use a recorder. It just seems unlikely. If you are in a car or van or whatever and you start blaring ice cream truck music/bells you bring immediate attention to yourself. Did other kids come out? If it was unusual for an ice cream truck to be there at that time of year and at that time did any adults find it odd? This piece of the case just bothers me because it seems to be the key as to how the abductor(s) got them to come out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay