AZ AZ - Mikelle Biggs, 11, Mesa, 2 Jan 1999

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good Catch! But 14 years would be a long time in between. Where did these sketches come from?

Thanks for the post and reply. They are at the Charley Project site but you can find them but unfortunately putting Mikelle's name and suspect composite sketches into a search engine like bing looking for the image results. With the guy in the CCTV I would say he is a good suspect in that murder case. Fourteen years is a long time but I think we can say with a good degree of certainty the guy in the CCTV was a killer in Arizona. Unfortunately for her relatives I am not sure there will ever be a 100% conclusive answer in Mikelle's case but to me this theory is a possible one as we are yet to find out the identity of the man in the CCTV and for how long he killed. Thanks.

Thanks for the post and reply. They are at the Charley Project site but you can find them but unfortunately putting Mikelle's name and suspect composite sketches into a search engine like bing looking for the image results. With the guy in the CCTV I would say he is a good suspect in that murder case. Fourteen years is a long time but I think we can say with a good degree of certainty the guy in the CCTV was a killer in Arizona. Unfortunately for her relatives I am not sure there will ever be a 100% conclusive answer in Mikelle's case but to me this theory is a possible one as we are yet to find out the identity of the man in the CCTV and for how long he killed. Thanks.

He also has shoulder length dirty blonde hair. I know it is not a nice possible answer in Mikelle's case but of course I think most people are realistic now.

It is a good theory but I wonder how many people out there had long blonde hair and could match that description. It would be wonderful to have LE interview him but his identity most likely will never be known. I also wanted to know who gave the descriptions of the two suspects not necessarily where on the internet came from. What were the circumstances that this person saw?

It is a good theory but I wonder how many people out there had long blonde hair and could match that description. It would be wonderful to have LE interview him but his identity most likely will never be known. I also wanted to know who gave the descriptions of the two suspects not necessarily where on the internet came from. What were the circumstances that this person saw?

Thanks for the post. I do not really know anything more about the suspects. I am pretty certain though being stood next to the man in the CCTV image means you will likely end up dead. If you look into the victims eyes at the bank CCTV there is pure fear while to me the man in the CCTV has a smirk on his face.

One thing that has bothered me about this case is that the girls supposedly heard an ice cream truck. Was the music/bells similar to the legitimate ones that come around?

Not sure about other parts of the country, but here in CT there is no "official ice cream truck music", just whatever kind of music the driver wants to play. It's usually some kind of kiddie favorites.

Was it ever confirmed that there actually was an ice cream truck seen in the neighborhood that night? Did Kimber say she saw one or just heard then ran in to get her jacket? IMO The neighbors MO doesn’t fit this case but I’d be interested in knowing about other cases around this area that were similar. MOO

Sisters of missing Arizona children find friendship, form bond to fight for justice

Brandy Myers case has some similarities that I question.

Brandy, 13, went missing in 1992 near her Phoenix neighborhood. Her body was never found. She would be 40 years old.
Mikelle, 11, disappeared in 1999 while going to an ice cream truck in her Mesa neighborhood. Her body was never found. She would be 32 on May 31.

Both in their neighborhoods/hair/bodies never recovered/age/close cities....7 years could be just a break for a serial killer or there are more in between those dates.
MOO

Trace Evidence came out with a podcast today about Mikelle's disappearance. (Steven hasn't updated his website yet with the link) - I listened on Apple Podcast.
Sounds to me that the neighbor Dee Blalock was the one who is responsible for her disappearance.

Where is missing Mesa girl Mikelle Biggs? Family still looking for answers

It's an unsolved case that still weighs heavily on the hearts of countless Arizonans who will never forget the name Mikelle Biggs.

"I want the public to remember Mikelle," her sister Kimber told Arizona's Family. "I want them to honor and respect her memory. I often talk about how talented and smart Mikelle was, because I want people to feel as if they had the pleasure of knowing her."

Eleven-year-old Mikelle went missing in Mesa on Jan. 2, 1999, just over 22 years ago. Kimber, who was 9 years old at the time, was the last person to see Mikelle alive. The girls were outside their home playing and waiting for the ice cream truck. Kimber said she ran into their house briefly. When she came back out, Mikelle was gone.
---
The family had a funeral for her on the five year anniversary of her disappearance, but burying an empty casket did not give the closure that her family needed.

Over the years, the Mesa Police Department has followed up on hundreds of leads, including one back in March when a dollar bill popped up in Wisconsin. Writing on the bill said: “My name is Mikel Biggs kidnapped From Mesa AZ I’m Alive.”

But Mikelle's name was misspelled on the dollar bill, and Kimber says her sister would have never abbreviated or misspelled her name.
---
Meantime, Kimber has refused to give up hope that her family will find out what happened to Mikelle. She has created a Facebook page called ‘Justice for Mikelle Biggs.’ - https://www.facebook.com/mikellebiggs

Kimber says she hopes to write a book, not only about Mikelle and her case, but how her sister being taken from her has defined many things about who she today. "I hope that it will not only keep Mikelle in the forefront of everyone's mind, but also help other families cope, as well as help others have a better understanding of what it is like to lose a loved one in this manner."

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Dee Blalock is the one who is responsible for her disappearance. He is also still in prison in Arizona and his release date says 7/8/2175
Inmate Datasearch
Wish he would just confess to it, that way her family can have closure and bring her home
076548.jpg

Was it ever confirmed that there actually was an ice cream truck seen in the neighborhood that night? Did Kimber say she saw one or just heard then ran in to get her jacket? IMO The neighbors MO doesn’t fit this case but I’d be interested in knowing about other cases around this area that were similar. MOO
The police contacted all the ice cream trucks in Mesa and Phoenix and none were in the Biggs neighborhood. It was likely a ruse. Kimber said they waited on their street for several minutes but the sound of the “ice cream truck” never seemed to get closer, nor did they see it.

The bike was checked for fingerprints and DNA. Nothing was found but it’s being preserved as evidence in case of advances in forensic science. Maybe touch DNA?

Dee Blalok’s wife died in 2013, according to the People magazine documentary “Gone in 90 Seconds,” which was shown a few days ago on the ID Channel. Did Convicted Rapist Kidnap Missing Girl?

I think Dee Blalock is the one who is responsible for her disappearance. He is also still in prison in Arizona and his release date says 7/8/2175
Inmate Datasearch
Wish he would just confess to it, that way her family can have closure and bring her home
076548.jpg
If he gave up what he did with her, it would be giving up the last thing he has control over. Where he is, that is all he has. Once he gives that up, no one will be interested in him anymore. Power and control is the most important thing to the psychopathic personality.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnp625
Back