GUILTY AZ - Shanesha Taylor leaves kids in car during interview, Scottsdale, 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't get it either.
I would have brought my children, explained the situation and hope I could still be interviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are excuses for each question per the first link above.

according to her - Her parents were working, she claims she had a sitter lined up but when she arrived with the kids no one answered the door. But then later in the article she says she had timed her interview with their naptime so How does that make sense?? She does not give any explanation for her prior involvement with CPS (drugs in her baby's system) or why she and Mr. Duncan continued to have two more children after falling on hard times, living in a by the week motel, etc.

SMDH

I don't get it either. I don't know that I ever will.

Can't recall which article it was in, but the 9 yo has been in the same school since kindergarten-- living with/ being raised mostly by Grandma and Grandpa (for stability?). Also read that the 9yo is doing very well in school-- good for her!

Several articles state both grandma and grandpa work full time, and up to 2 jobs each. The most likely reason her parents couldn't watch the infant and toddler is they were each at their own jobs.

Nice to see she is taking parenting classes, and has set up bedrooms for the kids for when she gets them back. Her trial is in September, so I doubt she will get them back while out on bail, and until the criminal case is concluded.

I agree that her "story" as told to the author has a lot of holes in it-- particularly the marijuana story. Even if she was just 2 mos pregnant, she had ANOTHER TWO children at home-- THAT is why CPS was involved.

And remember that this woman is ex-military, so she DEFINITELY knew leaving the kids alone in a hot car was wrong. She's not stupid-- this was a CHOICE she made. What if the interview ran "long"? Would she have asked for a break to go out to the parking lot to check on her kids??? I doubt it.

I know it's a painful set of consequences she has created for herself, but I think she is charged appropriately. She may yet avoid prison time, but she will be "paying" for this decision she made for a very long time (probation or parole, CPS oversight, effects on job seeking, etc.)

Nice that she had $114,000 to ease her burden while out on bail, eh? I still am astounded that so many people would donate money to her. That is flat out shocking, IMO. (And not "shocking" in a good way.)

Many good people have had huge financial reversals in their lives, yet manage to overcome obstacles one day at a time.

It was not the last job on earth and for the life of me I don't know why she just didn't reschedule.

ok......now give the $$ back JMHO

Agreed! Where's the public outrage in light of Cooper Harris's death, that Shanesha Taylor's kids could've suffered the same fate???

I have not donated money, but I don't think you can say this. Quite a few people on this thread, including myself, have talked about the difficulties of homelessness, being a single parent, and systemic poverty. It's not approbation for her actions; it's an acknowledgement of the problems within society and our lack of safety nets.

Sounds like the topic for its own thread. IMO

Agreed! Where's the public outrage in light of Cooper Harris's death, that Shanesha Taylor's kids could've suffered the same fate???

It's up thread!

I'm still fuming over this...

Her punishment/fine should be the exact amount of the donations and with it....she should have to hand it all over for an education campaign designed to warn idiots not to leave children alone in cars for any reason and the dangers of doing so.

She should be the face of idiocy ....on the posters handcuffed and considering herself darn lucky her children didn't DIE and weren't abducted!

All IMO

It's up thread!

I'm still fuming over this...

Her punishment/fine should be the exact amount of the donations and with it....she should have to hand it all over for an education campaign designed to warn idiots not to leave children alone in cars for any reason and the dangers of doing so.

She should be the face of idiocy ....on the posters handcuffed and considering herself darn lucky her children didn't DIE and weren't abducted!

All IMO

I saw alot more support than outrage for this particular woman- perhaps because it was a job interview, or maybe the fact that she was a minority. Ross Harris is an overweight white guy.

I saw alot more support than outrage for this particular woman- perhaps because it was a job interview, or maybe the fact that she was a minority. Ross Harris is an overweight white guy.

Agree.

It certainly doesn't help that men are constantly portrayed on television and movies as bumbling morons when it comes to being a dad or a spouse that lifts a finger around the house.
And any man that simply remembers his child's birthday is nominated for a Father of the Year Award. society has set the bar far too low... IMO
I'm thankful my own mother didn't and I was raised in a home with two attentive & more than capable parents.

I just heard on the Today show that the money must be placed in a trust for her children:)

very disappointed this woman may have all charges dropped. Very happy to hear the money will be in trust and to benefit her kids.

very disappointed this woman may have all charges dropped. Very happy to hear the money will be in trust and to benefit her kids.

what's the name of the trustee -- I want proof

wouldn't have happened if the person was white non druggie either jmho

As long as mom is not the trustee I can live with it. In most cases like this IME the trustee is a financial institution (bank) and requests for funds must go through them. If the requests are for valid - necessary items they will be granted. If the children are still in the care of CPS then likely there is a family court case and a GAL assigned. If so, the guardian ad litem will also have a say about what requests for funds are valid. MOO

As long as mom is not the trustee I can live with it. In most cases like this IME the trustee is a financial institution (bank) and requests for funds must go through them. If the requests are for valid - necessary items they will be granted. If the children are still in the care of CPS then likely there is a family court case and a GAL assigned. If so, the guardian ad litem will also have a say about what requests for funds are valid. MOO

as long as there is proof of an arms length arrangement that would be great.....hope the MSM will give us that reassurance............otherwise return the money that was given for attorney's fees that will no longer be required MOO

Very disappointed that this woman will not be prosecuted. It feels like she got off scot free, and was handed a wad of cash for abusing her children.

What's wrong with the legal system?? Is it that there are so many kids who have *actually* died under these circumstances, that they can't be bothered prosecuting the parents of the ones who didn't die??? Like they are somehow less responsible, less neglectful, because their kids were rescued? So they get a do-over?

I think she should have been sentenced to 30 days in jail-- to be served 3 days each year for 10 years, during the anniversary of her kids being left in the hot car alone. To remind her how damn lucky she is to have her kids alive, and not be serving decades in prison. I would have also sentenced her to be a speaker about the dangers of leaving kids in hot cars-- make videos about this, PSA's, etc. Make her own up to what she did publicly in a way that might prevent others from doing this. And make sure she NEVER is allowed to forget what she did, or take for granted that she was let off the hook.

At the very least, I hope she is on probation until her youngest child turns 18. And under DCF supervision for the same amount of time.

The outcome of this whole thing for her is just sickening, to me. I can't believe the prosecutor caved in. Sad commentary on the legal system, IMO. (And don't tell me how overworked they are-- I don't want to hear that right now.)

Very disappointed that this woman will not be prosecuted. It feels like she got off scot free, and was handed a wad of cash for abusing her children.

What's wrong with the legal system?? Is it that there are so many kids who have *actually* died under these circumstances, that they can't be bothered prosecuting the parents of the ones who didn't die??? Like they are somehow less responsible, less neglectful, because their kids were rescued? So they get a do-over?

I think she should have been sentenced to 30 days in jail-- to be served 3 days each year for 10 years, during the anniversary of her kids being left in the hot car alone. To remind her how damn lucky she is to have her kids alive, and not be serving decades in prison. I would have also sentenced her to be a speaker about the dangers of leaving kids in hot cars-- make videos about this, PSA's, etc. Make her own up to what she did publicly in a way that might prevent others from doing this. And make sure she NEVER is allowed to forget what she did, or take for granted that she was let off the hook.

At the very least, I hope she is on probation until her youngest child turns 18. And under DCF supervision for the same amount of time.

The outcome of this whole thing for her is just sickening, to me. I can't believe the prosecutor caved in. Sad commentary on the legal system, IMO. (And don't tell me how overworked they are-- I don't want to hear that right now.)

how about just returning the *&^%% $$$$$

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141
Back