GUILTY AZ - Six killed, 13 injured in shooting at Gabrielle Giffords event, 8 Jan 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Judge won't keep Loughner records confidential

REUTERS
Reuters US Online Report Domestic News
May 05, 2011 18:07 EDT

"District Court Judge Larry Burns, in a ruling made public on Thursday, said there is no reason to prohibit the U.S. Bureau of Prisons from releasing to law enforcement and federal prosecutors psychological records and other information about the 22-year-old college dropout."

""The Court finds that neither the psychotherapist-patient privilege nor the Fifth and Sixth Amendments bar the disclosure of this information to the Government," Burns wrote in rejecting that argument."

more...

Judge: Loughner not competent to stand trial

By Craig Harris / The Arizona Republic

"TUCSON - A federal judge ruled Wednesday that Jared Loughner is not competent to stand trial in the Jan. 8 shooting spree that left six people dead and severely wounded U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz."

"Judge Larry Burns issued his ruling moments after U.S. Marshals dragged Loughner out of the courtroom because of an angry outburst. As survivors of the deadly January attack looked on, Loughner had lowered his head, raised it and said what sounded like "Thank you for the freak show. She died in front of me."

His words were loud but mumbled, and it wasn't clear who he was talking about.

Loughner will be hospitalized in a facility in Springfield, Mo., to receive treatment. He could remain hospitalized indefinitely if he does not get well but remains a danger to himself or others."

and

"The ruling means Loughner can be held for up to four months before another hearing will occur to determine if he's competent to stand trial. If Loughner refuses to take his medication, the judge could order he be involuntary medicated, Sherwood said.

The U.S. Supreme Court in 2003 affirmed the authority to administer anti-psychotic drugs to a criminal defendant only to render that person competent to stand trial."

and, there is more...

New photos of Gabrielle Giffords! She looks beautiful, IMO.

GABRIELLE GIFFORDS SMILES IN FIRST PHOTOS SINCE SHOOTING

Since the January shooting that left Rep. Gabrielle Giffords seriously wounded, the Arizona congresswoman has been recovering in private.

But on Sunday, Giffords posted two photographs of herself on her official Facebook page.

The images, which were taken by photographer P.K. Weis, on May 17 – the day after the congresswoman attended husband Mark Kelly's NASA shuttle launch – outside a Houston, Texas, medical center. They show a smiling Giffords with short, darker hair wearing wire-rimmed glasses.

Snipped..more at link.

http://www.people.com/people/articl...Top+Headlines)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

She looks a little different with the darker hair and glasses on, but she sure has her beautiful smile, with bright & happy eyes. I'm glad she's pulling through this & amazed at her progress!

By Holly Bailey
Sun Jun 12, 11:11 am ET
Just over five months after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot and critically wounded at a congressional event in Tucson, the public got its first glimpse of the Arizona congresswoman via her Facebook page Sunday. Her office posted two clear photos of a smiling Giffords posing outside her Houston rehabilitation hospital last month.
The photos were taken May 17, the day after Giffords attended the launch of the final mission of the space shuttle Endeavour, commanded by her husband, Mark Kelly. The shots depict how far the injured Democratic lawmaker has come physically since she was shot at point blank range in the head during January's deadly shooting.
While her hair has been trimmed short, there are few obvious signs of the trauma she suffered, aside from a tracheotomy scar on her throat.
<snip>As The Ticket previously reported, Carusone offered a frank update of her boss's condition last week, acknowledging Giffords has improved but still has trouble communicating. She said it's unclear when--or if--her boss will return to Congress. more at link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theti...ffords-photos-released-since-arizona-shooting

She looks a little different with the darker hair and glasses on, but she sure has her beautiful smile, with bright & happy eyes. I'm glad she's pulling through this & amazed at her progress!

She looks awesome, doesn't she?! Can't believe she was shot in the head not that long ago. Wow. The darker, shorter hair-do is very flattering on her, too.

Go Gabby! :rocker:

Wonderfully brave she is. At a time when inspirations can seem altogether lacking, she has the ability to inspire.

I cheered in my living room when this came across the TV...just cheered.

Go, Gabrielle!!!

Best-
Herding Cats

Wtg Gabby. Brought tears of Joy to me. I 'm so happy and impressed with Gabby. She has made a remarkable recovery. Prayers for further improvement.

Goz

Wtg Gabby. Brought tears of Joy to me. I 'm so happy and impressed with Gabby. She has made a remarkable recovery. Prayers for further improvement.

Goz

It brought tears to my eyes, too, Goz. It was so great to see her there!

Yes, miracles do happen.

It was wonderful to see her there.

(Springfield, MO) -- Lawyers for the accused Tucson mass shooter continue to fight his forcible medication at the U.S. Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield.

Reuters reports attorneys for Jared Lee Loughner filed court papers once again Monday.

They claim Loughner's due process rights are violated, and that prison officials are falsely characterizing the drugs as positive.

They also object to the prison warden's finding that Loughner could damage property if he is not medicated.

Prosecutors have said Loughner poses a danger to himself and others and that his mental condition deteriorates after medication is stopped.

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=505937

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back