GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m still confused though, they want to contact Sylar's Bio-Mom to find out why this woman had Sylar in her custody.

I know we don't have enough info, but I had assumed by calling her custodial Mother that it was because she had a court order for physical custody.

I'm not so sure now. I am wondering if they are calling her the custodial Mother because that is what she is saying. Listen to the video in post #70 and give me your thoughts please? TIA.

I am hoping
that any custodial paperwork would be left at home for safekeeping while they go camping and
that the "mom" doesn't want to leave the campsite to go home and get it because she is waiting for Sylar to be found and
that maybe the LE are just questioning the validity of her claim until they see the actual documents.

Otherwise, too many bad thoughts go through my mind.

Is the "mom" a single parent and does she have other children?

The boy was camping with his mother, grandmother, 12-year-old sister and 14-year-old brother.
"Syler was last seen around midnight inside a tent while sleeping with other family members," D'Evelyn said.
About 1:45 a.m. Sunday a family member awoke and discovered the boy was missing from his sleeping bag. Family members and other nearby campers searched the immediate area then called 911 about 2:30 a.m., D'Evelyn said. Deputies arrived on scene and searched the area and interviewed nearby campers, but the boy was nowhere to be found.
"It's pretty hot and humid right now," he said. "The terrain and dehydration would be the critical concerns for us." About 50 search and rescue officials are on scene and an Arizona Department of Public Safety helicopter searched from the region from above.
Officials are using ATVs and bloodhounds, which tracked the boys scent for a short distance but didn't find the toddler.
Sheriff's detectives are also present to determine whether "there is any evidence of foul play or any criminal aspects of the incident," D'Evelyn said. "That's routine, especially involving a missing 2-year-old. We want to make sure all our bases are covered."
Officials were also checking with local sex offenders in the area.
"We will be up here until we find this young kid," he added.

I am hoping
that any custodial paperwork would be left at home for safekeeping while they go camping and
that the "mom" doesn't want to leave the campsite to go home and get it because she is waiting for Sylar to be found and
that maybe the LE are just questioning the validity of her claim until they see the actual documents.

Otherwise, too many bad thoughts go through my mind.

Is the "mom" a single parent and does she have other children?

watcher all I know is what I highlighted in darlin_gal's post above yours.

I went back and rewatched that video, they got the search warrants to search the cars, tents and belongings of the family is what I'm understanding.

In the presser the spokesman used the word "detained" in reference to the Mom and her Mother I guess, he said the two up the road, so I am assuming he's talking about them. He might not mean anything by that, just LE lingo JMHO.

He said they aren't releasing their names just yet until they can ---and I missed his exact wording---but I think they are trying to confirm who they are and why they have Sylar. I guess by getting in touch with bio-mom?

It's all very confusing to me honestly.

watcher all I know is what I highlighted in darlin_gal's post above yours.

I went back and rewatched that video, they got the search warrants to search the cars, tents and belongings of the family is what I'm understanding.

In the presser the spokesman used the word "detained" in reference to the Mom and her Mother I guess, he said the two up the road, so I am assuming he's talking about them. He might not mean anything by that, just LE lingo JMHO.

He said they aren't releasing their names just yet until they can ---and I missed his exact wording---but I think they are trying to confirm who they are and why they have Sylar. I guess by getting in touch with bio-mom?

It's all very confusing to me honestly.

Thanks for reminding me about the family info posted by darlin'gal. I had read that so I guess I'm also confused. There's just too little info and what's given out is so piecemeal it's hard to put the whole story together.

He is approximately 3 feet tall and weighs about 20 pounds.
from http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...d-goes-missing-from-family-camp-site-07252010

This is a REALLY skinny & tall 2yo, if these measurements are accurate. My 20mo is only 32in tall and is 25lb. He is not a big baby and is in fact on the low end of the charts. My 3yo just now hit the 36in mark for height and weighs 32lb. She is a small kid too. I guess though the meausrements are not real necessary, seeing as I doubt that there are any other 2yos wandering around a camp site right now.

Praying they find this baby boy soon!

Who are these people? How did these people get Syler again? Something isn't right so far. Watch the video. They can't verify what this foster mom is saying yet. They need the bio parents.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/new...d-goes-missing-from-family-camp-site-07252010

JMO tomorrow might feel different about this. The news was like pulling teeth today! Geez.

Man oh man...my hinky meter just went through the roof. Something about the foster mom...somethings just not quite right...:waitasec:
Call me jaded but I'm thinking there is way more to this story.

Where is this woman's husband?
Why camping with her mother?
How old are the other kids?
Where in the heck are Syler's bio parents?
Where are the social workers and CPS DCFS if this child was placed in an adoptive placement?

I"m still confused though, they want to contact Sylar's Bio-Mom to find out why this woman had Sylar in her custody.

I know we don't have enough info, but I had assumed by calling her custodial Mother that it was because she had a court order for physical custody.

I'm not so sure now. I am wondering if they are calling her the custodial Mother because that is what she is saying. Listen to the video in post #70 and give me your thoughts please? TIA.

Hi Kat :)

I heard one of the reporters say to LE that the family (custodian) claims that the boy has lived with them for 1 1/2 years. I wonder if so far they dont really have a court order or anything just physical custody of the boy, like perhaps mom just left the boy in their care ?

I am prob just confusing things more .... :)

Link to video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L61NhhEz1wo&feature=player_embedded

Hi Kat :)

I heard one of the reporters say to LE that the family (custodian) claims that the boy has lived with them for 1 1/2 years. I wonder if so far they dont really have a court order or anything just physical custody of the boy, like perhaps mom just left the boy in their care ?

I am prob just confusing things more .... :)

No mysticrose you didn't confuse me more :)

I didn't know that, but you know what I've lived in the military community exclusively for almost 2 decades and here we would have to have a POA or court order to have custody and get the child medical care and such.

I didn't know you could keep a child in your home for a year and half and not have any sort of paperwork?

Thank you for letting me know!

(Off topic---but I can see it's going to be a culture shock when my Husband gets out of the Army for me lol)

No mysticrose you didn't confuse me more :)

I didn't know that, but you know what I've lived in the military community exclusively for almost 2 decades and here we would have to have a POA or court order to have custody and get the child medical care and such.

I didn't know you could keep a child in your home for a year and half and not have any sort of paperwork?

Thank you for letting me know!

(Off topic---but I can see it's going to be a culture shock when my Husband gets out of the Army for me lol)

I would assume that if they had a mutal agreement between themselves it could be the case. They SHOULD have paperwork but not nec. so. That may be why LE is looking for the Bio parents to confirm among other reasons I am sure....

That was like baby Gerrin Isgrigg , bio mom just left him with his grandma saying she would be back in two weeks and left him there for years, no paperwork there.....

In the video I think he says that the mother and grandmother are being "detained" at the camp site. Odd choice of words.

I'm definitely suspicious. It's unusual that LE would be talking about checking cell phone records if they really think this is a case of a child wandering off.

In the video I think he says that the mother and grandmother are being "detained" at the camp site. Odd choice of words.

I'm definitely suspicious. It's unusual that LE would be talking about checking cell phone records if they really think this is a case of a child wandering off.

Exactly... and why would they need to obtain search warrants to look in the vehicles? If my child were missing I would voluntarily give them permission to search anything and everthing I have!

I don't get it when you got to get search warrant when a child is missing...
Time is so important :(

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=12869572

Updated: Jul 26, 2010 4:23 AM

...The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office says detectives spent the night combing a campsite at the Beaver Creek Campground...

...Authorities had two vehicles towed from the campsite for a further inspection..

Very short article, they are using bloodhounds.

I totally agree with the posters who are feeling "the hink"...

Exactly... and why would they need to obtain search warrants to look in the vehicles? If my child were missing I would voluntarily give them permission to search anything and everthing I have!

I hope the LE checked every vehicle and trunk of the other campers before they left.

The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office says detectives spent the night combing a campsite at the Beaver Creek Campground off Interstate 17, south of Flagstaff, for 2-year-old Syler Newton.
Authorities had two vehicles towed from the campsite for a further inspection. Specially trained bloodhounds continue a grid search of the area hoping to pick of any scent of Newton.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=12869572

I'm praying for this little guy! I keep checking in for updates.

Is it just me that can't help but wonder about baby Gabriel with this story? I know it's likely QUITE a reach.. but the state and the age gender are all the same and in Gabriel's case there was talk of an exhange in a campground.. Right now all we know is that she's not the biological mom.. I can't help but wonder..

I don't get it when you got to get search warrant when a child is missing...
Time is so important :(

Without a SW, LE may only inspect locations, with the owners permission, and only allowed to do a cursory search at best. They are not allowed to move things over to inspect what is behind, cannot open drawers, cupboards, etc. ONLY what is in PLAIN SIGHT is allowable as possible evidence.

With a SW, LE is able to tear apart a place, car, home, whatever, and take anything that is DESCRIBED within the bounds of the SW.

I know it seems like a waste of time and valuable time at that, but it's the way it is. I've seen LE stand outside of a house where they know there are dead people inside (they could see them from the window) and they had to wait an hour or two before they entered, to get a judge to sign a SW.

Heck, in the Peterson case, LE stood outside the infamous warehouse where SP had his business, to insure he didn't come and move things before they got their signed warrant from a judge. (LE didn't think to SW the business until they got word that SP was moving things between the house and the warehouse early the morning after Laci was reported missing).

hth,
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members