GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From video above NCMEC has joined in, and they brought in a cadaver dog. Haven't ruled out foul play.

The girl being interviewed says she is Sylar's adoptive Aunt. :waitasec:

Hopefully, they will find him soon and safe. :praying:

This is just so strange. If he did wander off, I will be very surprised if a child that young is found safe. They have no survival skills, just instincts.

But just the business with the custodial stuff, the bio-mom, etc...all of it leaves room for him to have been taken and be okay, if not where he legally belongs.

I am highly doubtful of a stranger being involved here.

I hope so too Cluciano.

He's been missing 30 hours or so now :(

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010...or-missing-boy-in-Arizona/UPI-31841280158830/

Published: July 26, 2010 at 11:40 AM

SEDONA, Ariz., July 26 (UPI) -- Authorities in northern Arizona said Monday they had resumed the search for a 2-year-old boy who disappeared from a campground.

Syler Newton of Flagstaff was last seen wearing only a diaper. He was discovered missing by family members Sunday morning.

About 50 searchers fanned out in hot, humid weather around the Beaver Creek Campground in the Sedona area.

KOLD-TV in Tucson said bloodhounds were sniffing around the area, and Yavapai County sheriff's deputies towed two vehicles from the campground for a detailed inspection.

Thanks for posting the video. The helicopter view reminded me of the case of the little boy that went missing from the front yard on the mountain where the helicopter broadcasted an audit tape of the mother calling him. I wonder if they could try that same technique here.

They did that with 4 yr. old Zoey, who went missing from her yard in Oregon.
http://www.oregonherald.com/oregon/a/20100319a.htm

They did that with 4 yr. old Zoey, who went missing from her yard in Oregon.
http://www.oregonherald.com/oregon/a/20100319a.htm

Yes, this is the case I was talking about. I had forgotten it was a little girl until I saw her picture. Thanks for finding this so fast.

Re-reading this article also reminded me that she was found just outside the search radius.

On the video they said they were figuring on a one mile search based on the size and age of Syler. As fast as children can move, maybe they should start with a larger radius.

The time is going past so fast, they need to find Syler like now.

Thank you MsFacetious,

Your information is most appreciated, and I agree, the eyes may hold the key. Your daughter is SO beautiful. Thank you for sharing such precious pictures!

Hugs,

Mel

watcher all I know is what I highlighted in darlin_gal's post above yours.

I went back and rewatched that video, they got the search warrants to search the cars, tents and belongings of the family is what I'm understanding.

In the presser the spokesman used the word "detained" in reference to the Mom and her Mother I guess, he said the two up the road, so I am assuming he's talking about them. He might not mean anything by that, just LE lingo JMHO.

He said they aren't releasing their names just yet until they can ---and I missed his exact wording---but I think they are trying to confirm who they are and why they have Sylar. I guess by getting in touch with bio-mom?

It's all very confusing to me honestly.

Confusing to me too.

Why do they need a search warrant? If I were the custodial parent, I would say "here officer, please search everything -- whatever it takes to get Syler back". It sounds as if the search hadn't happened at the time of the presser.

Why are 2 people being detained? He wouldn't say that if they were free to go.

From your question about releasing names -- it sounds like LE is trying to confirm who these folks are. Maybe they didn't have ID on them...maybe the vehicle is coming back with another name.

All very hinky to me :(

Moo

Mel

The search warrants are needed in case they do find anything of signifigance for everything to be legal. If LE found something without the warrant it could be thrown out as evidence because of not following proper protocol....For instance adoptive mom says sure search away, LE finds something of importance implicating AM, she could turn around and say she never allowed it, it was searched illegally and bam it would be good as gone....this of course is JMO.....

Fox News reporting that homicide detectives are on the scene....but, says LE told them this was not unusual....

There is what looks like a trashy area with old vehicles just north of the campground. I can't tell if it's some kind of forest service utility area or if it's a private residence. There is also a college prep school less than a mile east of the campground. Here is the website. Obviously it's not the school year but I'm sure it's occupied in some way. Other than that there's nothing around. It's not very forested so hopefully that makes searching easier and they should be able to find him today if he's lost somewhere. I got a vibe from the adoptive mom and aunt too but I'll hold off on thinking any more on that at this point. Here is the map again:

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=34.672747,-111.70598&spn=0.011771,0.030899&z=16

The campground info I read said there were 13 sites, semi private and another article said about 25 people were camping last night. With the custody dispute going on, the scent ending, I wonder if one of the bio parents took him? It's hot out here and that's a rocky area, and with the water nearby, I just hope they find him soon.

http://www.tripleblaze.com/2/672/Campgrounds/Beaver-Creek.html

Still catching up on the thread.. but how would the bio parents know what the foster mom was doing, unless they have been staking them out?

jmo

Fox News reporting that homicide detectives are on the scene....but, says LE told them this was not unusual....

My heart just sank :( I hope they don't find anything that may lead to a homicide investigation. Wonder if they rec'd that search warrant yet -- it's Monday already (going into our third day)!

MOO

Mel

Still catching up on the thread.. but how would the bio parents know what the foster mom was doing, unless they have been staking them out?

jmo

No word on that yet. As far as I've read, they know who the bio parent(s) are but have no located them.

MOO

Mel

If I were a 2 year old, I can see how he'd want to be with his "mother" out there in the darkness. Any thoughts on him leaving the tent to go to the other tent and got lost along the way. I would never ever leave a toddler with a bunch of teens. As a mother, it seems so out of charachter -- don't ya think?

I pray he's found safe.

Mel

That is what I thought. If he woke, I can see teenagers sleeping through a toddler waking. It is likely Syler woke, went to look for mommy and got lost.

Praying he is found soon and safely.

Man oh man...my hinky meter just went through the roof. Something about the foster mom...somethings just not quite right...:waitasec:
Call me jaded but I'm thinking there is way more to this story.

Where is this woman's husband?
Why camping with her mother?
How old are the other kids?
Where in the heck are Syler's bio parents?
Where are the social workers and CPS DCFS if this child was placed in an adoptive placement?

And..is it just me or why would you let your 2 y/o sleep in a tent with teens? What if he woke up and needed something? My oldest is more than capable of taking care of my 4 y/o but I still wouldn't let him sleep in a tent with his brothers. I would want him right next to me. But..I wouldn't go camping with one so young. I am not comfortable with that for myself...my little one is very active and I cannot take my eyes off of him for one minute. I agree Mom..something just isn't right about this whole thing. Where is the "husband" in all of this? Why would mom, grandma and kids go camping alone? Don't get me wrong they may be well capable to go camping without a man but it just is hitting me weird. Also I don't know many 2 y/o's who would just get up and wander in the night. My 4 y/o when he gets up at night makes it known he is up...just sayin.

Please don't bash, as I have NO proof -- but this might come up. Does anyone else see a tad Down's Syndrome in Syler? While it may have nothing to do with this case, it could be the reason he was confused and walked off. I'm ONLY speculating based on the picture posted in the missing poster.

Small, low-set ears.

A nasal bridge that looks pushed in.

Irregular and crooked teeth that often come in late and not in the normal sequence

Most children with Down syndrome have mild to moderate cognitive disability.

Again, I'm just speculating here -- based on the picture. But that was my first thought when I saw him.

MOOOOO

Mel

ps: and could't the relatives find a better picture of him - especially with his eyes open??

That was my intial thought too. But then I wonder if he was just laughing and scrunching up his face. Kids make funny faces when they are laughing and acting silly and with Syler looking upward it is hard to tell.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member