GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm praying for this little guy! I keep checking in for updates.

Is it just me that can't help but wonder about baby Gabriel with this story? I know it's likely QUITE a reach.. but the state and the age gender are all the same and in Gabriel's case there was talk of an exhange in a campground.. Right now all we know is that she's not the biological mom.. I can't help but wonder..

ME TOO :waitasec: I glad I not alone... I was scare to even mention it....

Without a SW, LE may only inspect locations, with the owners permission, and only allowed to do a cursory search at best. They are not allowed to move things over to inspect what is behind, cannot open drawers, cupboards, etc. ONLY what is in PLAIN SIGHT is allowable as possible evidence.

With a SW, LE is able to tear apart a place, car, home, whatever, and take anything that is DESCRIBED within the bounds of the SW.

I know it seems like a waste of time and valuable time at that, but it's the way it is. I've seen LE stand outside of a house where they know there are dead people inside (they could see them from the window) and they had to wait an hour or two before they entered, to get a judge to sign a SW.

Heck, in the Peterson case, LE stood outside the infamous warehouse where SP had his business, to insure he didn't come and move things before they got their signed warrant from a judge. (LE didn't think to SW the business until they got word that SP was moving things between the house and the warehouse early the morning after Laci was reported missing).

hth,
fran

Exactly! To add, LE wants the SW so in the event they need to go to court evidence is admissable and no one can claim improper search. It's a dot the i's and cross the t's thing to preserve the integrity of an investigation.

TY for the great post fran, you rock!

Thank you MsFacetious,

Your information is most appreciated, and I agree, the eyes may hold the key. Your daughter is SO beautiful. Thank you for sharing such precious pictures!

Hugs,

Mel

I agree. Ali is just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your info and pictures.

D'Evelyn also indicated that they have a diver on hand looking into a nearby creek. D'Evelyn said there are quite a few murky pools and ponds, although not much running water at this time.

D'Evelyn put out a new press release this morning, stating:
"I was just briefed by the Search and Rescue Incident Commander – No significant update at this time. Detectives spent the night searching the campsite and all its contents. 2 Vehicles were towed from the site for further inspection. This part of the investigation is ongoing and I will attempt further information from detectives later today.

"Searchers remained on scene throughout the night. This morning, specially trained bloodhounds continue a grid search of the area hoping to pick of any scent of Syler and this will be the focus throughout the day.

"The SAR Incident Commander has requested that press helicopters stay out of the general area this morning as the chopper noise is distracting the bloodhounds on the ground and delaying their tracking efforts. Your cooperation is appreciated.

"Further updates will be provided throughout the day as they develop. I do not plan to be on scene this morning so I can access my news email alert system to bring all media groups the latest. If this changes, I will let you know."

http://www.prescottenews.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=3754

According to http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/apx-missing-toddler-syler-newton-07262010, the custodial mom's children, one of whom was sleeping in the tent with Sylar, are 10 & 12yo.

But then the 2nd video at that link says that both of the kids are 12 & 14 and both were sleeping in the tent with him.

either way I don't consider either of those as 'teens' 16,17,18.. ok.. but even still.. the 'teens' would have their own tent and the baby would be in my tent for sure.

either way I don't consider either of those as 'teens' 16,17,18.. ok.. but even still.. the 'teens' would have their own tent and the baby would be in my tent for sure.

Most definitely! Heck, I am not even certain that i would allow my 16yo stepdaughter to sleep in a separate tent.

Is it really a standard procedure for homicide detctives to show up ? Seems standard would be farce unless they have some indication Syler was hurt and or killed during their search of the camping site..... This is supposedly a missing child that wandered off ......

ETA: Seems like maybe they are expecting to find him not alive

Thanks guys, Ali thinks she's gorgeous too. :innocent:

I agree it sounds weird. I thought about Baby Gabriel too. Wasn't the story a dark haired woman? Doesn't the adoptive mother have dark hair? "A year and a half" is only a month off from when Gabriel went missing. I'm going to say it again... it's all in the eyes. What color are this kids eyes? I don't think it's him...But if they came out and said he had blue eyes... I would wonder.

Plus, that would be awful. Have your child go missing, possibly dead...then FIND your missing child ONLY because he went missing again??? That would be horrible.

Still catching up on the thread.. but how would the bio parents know what the foster mom was doing, unless they have been staking them out?

jmo

While I am NOT thinking this is a foster mom/bio mom situation....

We have friends who have adopted a few kids and fostered several more. A few years ago they took our motor home for a few weeks to get away from the bio parents of one child. The adoption was going to be final in a few weeks and the bio parents were not willing to let that happen. They had tried to go to a friend's cabin in their own vehicle and the parents followed them. They were gang members, drug users... very scary. This was a very elaborate thing where several vehicles showed up, pulled into their garage, over a few days and picked up a person or two at a time, brought them to our house and then they all left in our motor home.

I am not seeing that type of situation here however. Though I can absolutely see a bio parent following them, I am getting the impression the family doesn't feel she cares enough to abduct him. Although, when a bio parent finds out an adoption is about to be final.... you'd be amazed how their feelings change.

I also know that my friend had all of her children sleeping in the same room with her at the house at that point. There is no way they would have been in different tents if that was a concern.

I definitely think this situation seems odd, but I'm not sure why yet.

I agree it sounds weird. I thought about Baby Gabriel too. Wasn't the story a dark haired woman? Doesn't the adoptive mother have dark hair? "A year and a half" is only a month off from when Gabriel went missing. I'm going to say it again... it's all in the eyes. What color are this kids eyes? I don't think it's him...But if they came out and said he had blue eyes... I would wonder.

I know it sounds crazy but I couldn't help but think of the similarities between the two.. especially because they say he's 20lbs too.. Even if it's not the case (which in all likelihood it's not) it could be something along the lines of someone selling babies in AZ or something.. I donno. I just hope they find this baby boy alive and find him FAST.

I also feel like those dogs should have found him by now, if he is in the area. He was barefoot and in a diaper when he disappeared, how far could he have gotten really....

It is claimed he was last seen around 12:30 am in the tent, someone awoke at around 1:45 am to find him missing, so what time span does that leave us ? 1 hour and 15 minutes he disappeared....
I would think at a min. it would take 15 mins for the adults to shut down for sleep so that could narrow it to 1 hr ....

1 hr ?

moo....

Is it really a standard procedure for homicide detctives to show up ? Seems standard would be farce unless they have some indication Syler was hurt and or killed during their search of the camping site..... This is supposedly a missing child that wandered off ......

ETA: Seems like maybe they are expecting to find him not alive

I don't know about Arizona... but last week in West Valley, while they were searching for Christopher Laguna. They had the Forensics team, homicide detectives in addition to all of the other LE people that were out there. When I drove by and saw them I got sick to my stomach. But he was fine.

I don't know if it is standard, or if they had suspicions in Christopher's case. But, he was very much alive. So having homicide detectives involved in the search definitely doesn't automatically mean the person has been killed.

However, after 36 hours without food or water a 2 year old would be pushing their limits for survival. They would want homicide detectives there to help preserve the scene, just in case it doesn't end well.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...ona-boy-missing-camping-yavapai-abrk0726.html

by Nathan Gonzalez and Stephanie Russo - Jul. 26, 2010 11:37 AM
The Arizona Republic

The search continued Monday for a 2-year-old Flagstaff boy gone missing on a family camping trip in Beaver Creek Campgrounds, with authorities using bloodhounds to search out the child's scent.

In addition, Yavapai County officials are inspecting two vehicles in connection with the search for the boy, Syler Newton.

The two vehicles were towed from the campsite and will be further inspected, Sheriff's spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn said.

Unfortunately, I don't think is Baby Gabriel. Their noses definitely don't match.

While I agree that Syler doesn't seem to have all the physical traits that a baby with Down Syndrome baby might have, I do think there may be some sort of abnormality with him. He has what appear to be; low set, small ears, and small, uneven teeth.

And about the 20lbs. This might be inaccurate reporting, or the only weight that the custodial mother remembers. We've heard a lot of inaccurate physical descriptions from the media in previous cases.

I don't think Syler looks abnormally skinny/small in that photo. He appears to be at a healthy weight. My 2yo is 36" and 32lbs and is a little bit above average.

I hope it's not Gabriel...unless they find him safe...like I said, how awful would that be to have him go missing twice?

I wonder if this is a cell phone picture that they had at the campsite. Which is why it's the one we've seen and not any others?

If he does have some sort of diagnosis, it could be a mosaic chromosome diagnosis, where only some cells are affected. So he has the physical characteristics but few or no cognitive delays. That would explain not mentioning it? The family or LE may be concerned it would in some way affect the search? It's difficult for someone to comprehend when you say "He has Down syndrome...but he's not cognitively delayed." Even my daughter's therapists couldn't grasp the concept for a long time.

There could be fetal alcohol syndrome, if this IS a foster parent type situation. That could be why the biological mother didn't have him to begin with. Though again a traditional foster parent situation is not likely in my opinion. That should be easy enough for LE to verify if it's the case.

Unfortunately, I don't think is Baby Gabriel. Their noses definitely don't match.

While I agree that Syler doesn't seem to have all the physical traits that a baby with Down Syndrome baby might have, I do think there may be some sort of abnormality with him. He has what appear to be; low set, small ears, and small, uneven teeth.

And about the 20lbs. This might be inaccurate reporting, or the only weight that the custodial mother remembers. We've heard a lot of inaccurate physical descriptions from the media in previous cases.

I don't think Syler looks abnormally skinny/small in that photo. He appears to be at a healthy weight. My 2yo is 36" and 32lbs and is a little bit above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak