GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?? Syler was in the tent with "mom" and "grandma"?? I thought he was in the kids tent....HINK!!!!

Sorry I took so long to get back on here!

The wildlife in the area is mostly typical desert animals: quail, rabbits, coyotes, skunks, raccoons, ground squirrels, etc. Mountain lions have been spotted here on occasion, but I have not heard of any recent attacks at the local campgrounds.

I have camped in that campground several times and the creek is a quick walk from where they were camped. It used to be free years ago, but now I think they charge $16 per night. There were some picnic tables, pit toilets, grills, and water the last time we camped there. Lots of nice hiking trails in the area (one ends at a beautiful swimming hole the locals call "the crack" and the water is so wonderful this time of year).

As for current/depth of the creek, it really depends. We are in the middle of monsoons and the water level can go up/down quicker than you may think possible. We had over 2 inches in 1 hour the day he disappeared at our house. But Wet Beaver Creek is a little east of us, so they may or may not have gotten that much. So, while I hate to say it, he could have wandered off easily & fell into the water (especially now that I know how close they were to the creek) if the levels were up from rain since the normally slow-medium current would be much faster. If that makes any sense LOL!

There are definitely transients who pass through there, but I doubt this mysterious man who spent all day watching them or whatever was to blame.

I hope they find him ALIVE soon!

Cindy

rattlesnakes too! and scorpions..? (we have these in Mohave County -- 3300 foot elevation)

Sorry, something about this whole case sets off my hinky meeter.

'wannabe mom' getting more & more suspicious... a local news station just reported that of the many items on her existing criminal record, one was for filing a false police report.

You know I have been called practical and down to earth (nicely) I've been called blunt and outspoken (not so nicely)

But I can't imagine sitting there and saying "because they haven't found his body".

I'm not overly emotional but she's talking about her child that has only been missing going on 48 hours.

One other question. The word Safe. I'm trying to remember a parent pleading for a child's return and adding "safe" to the end of it.

They usually beg and plead for a child's return. Over and over. Not throwing safe onto the end of it almost like a qualifier KWIM?

Interesting. I'm boggled not only by her choice of words but by her facial expressions too. Gaw. JMHO.

BBM. I agree. I could not imagine using the word 'body'. I think that comment from 'custodial mom' was the freudian slip.
I can't think of a case where the family would give up hope so quickly to use the word body. We see it in some very old missing persons cases that are years old but rarely do we hear the use of the word find a body or found a body so early.

I haven't followed the Caylee Anthony case closely but didn't Casey Anthony use the term find a body or something close to 'a body' when refering to Caylee? Anyone in this thread folling the CA case closely enough they may remember that or a similiar statement from Casey? Or is my memory of something else...... I sware I recall somekind of statement like that from Casey when the search was still going on for Caylee.

help me out here.
tia

With the simplicity of the terrain and the searches that have been conducted, the complexity of relations and the awkward interviews...my hinky meter is ablazing for some other explanation.. is the child alive and elsewhere or...? I am just not buying the face value explanation that the "child went missing in the middle of the night" story being told..

BBM. I agree. I could not imagine using the word 'body'. I think that comment from 'custodial mom' was the freudian slip.
I can't think of a case where the family would give up hope so quickly to use the word body. We see it in some very old missing persons cases that are years old but rarely do we hear the use of the word find a body or found a body so early.

I haven't followed the Caylee Anthony case closely but didn't Casey Anthony use the term find a body or something close to 'a body' when refering to Caylee? Anyone in this thread folling the CA case closely enough they may remember that or a similiar statement from Casey? Or is my memory of something else...... I sware I recall somekind of statement like that from Casey when the search was still going on for Caylee.

help me out here.
tia

BBM

When they found the hair in the trunk and said it showed decomposition... that it came from a female member of the Anthony family. Casey reportedly said something about it obviously not being HERS because she was obviously alive. I have searched but cannot find the exact quote. The implication was that it had to be Caylee's, that Caylee had to be dead...but I don't remember how it was worded.

I don't know if that is what you were thinking of though.

With the simplicity of the terrain and the searches that have been conducted, the complexity of relations and the awkward interviews...my hinky meter is ablazing for some other explanation.. is the child alive and elsewhere or...? I am just not buying the face value explanation that the "child went missing in the middle of the night" story being told..

Well I have another thing that bugs me. I'm not sure why someone who lives in Flagstaff would ever plan a multi-night camping trip to this spot(30+ miles away) in the summer time.

Flagstaff has pretty much perfect weather right now... mid 70's during the day. This campground on the other hand could likely see temps in the 90's, triple digits being possible and something that should have been expected. It would get a little uncomfortable sitting out there each day (he was only wearing a diaper so imagine how warm it was). In Arizona, we try to escape the heat in the summer, we dont travel to it.

Also, there are many areas closer to Flagstaff that offer a similar type of recreation but again, more comfortable temps.

A few shade tree's and a murky swimming hole just don't seem like something I would leave Flag for. Hey kids, lets leave the cool pines and go sit in the desert for a few days.

Well I have another thing that bugs me. I'm not sure why someone who lives in Flagstaff would ever plan a multi-night camping trip to this spot(30+ miles away) in the summer time.

Flagstaff has pretty much perfect weather right now... mid 70's during the day. This campground on the other hand could likely see temps in the 90's, triple digits being possible and something that should have been expected. It would get a little uncomfortable sitting out there each day. In Arizona, we try to escape the heat in the summer, we dont travel to it.

Also, there are many areas closer to Flagstaff that offer a similar type of recreation but again, more comfortable temps.

A few shade tree's and a murky swimming hole just don't seem like something I would leave Flag for. Hey kids, lets leave the cool pines and go sit in the desert for a few days.

you had me on the floor with that one LOL (BBM) I can get ''chilly'' up North (I live in the dreaded hot desert that you describe because I am a heat freak albeit no where near the camp site) - truth is you are so right -- especially with a toddler (kids cannot withstand the heat as well as adults and the dehydration factor 'just from the drive' alone through the hot summer is not good for little guys. Flagstaff is much better in summertime for little guys.

rattlesnakes too! and scorpions..? (we have these in Mohave County -- 3300 foot elevation)

Oh yeah. I didn't forget about those nasty creatures but I'd like to (almost stepped on a scorpion in my kitchen a few night ago :yuck: :yow: :nerves:)

There are Gila Monsters running around, too, but they are not as common as rattlers!

Just for a little area animal info, in the last week, we've seen (in our back yard) javelina (one was bigger than our boxer and would not leave the yard until he fully disemboweled my bird feeder), skunk, family of quail, roadrunner, red racer, jackrabbit, tarantula, sharp shinned hawk, great horned owl (nesting in a neighbors tree), gray fox, coyote, gopher and too many birds/insects to name here! We are at 3650 elevation here along the Verde River.

BTW, the quote from this article:

Deputies came up empty on a sex offender search

only makes sense if they KNOW the families are involved. An offender could travel to the site easily via I-17, State Route 179, or Hwy 260, so there is no way they could have ruled out ALL offenders that quickly.

I also wondered why a Flagstaff family would travel South into the heat to camp. Even if you sat in the water all day, you'd still be hotter than a firecracker! And I can't imagine they went there for the great hiking with a toddler! Those trails are difficult for beginners/children, especially with the 100+ degree temps we've been having the last couple weeks. :waitasec:

None of the stories are adding up.

The details keep changing- always a 'look at me' sign.

First, sleeping in tent with the two kids, then curled up against the adoptive grandmother...( I am a grandmother, and there is NO way my 2 year old grandson could leave my side that I wouldn't know it-I can tell you every time he turns over! JMO) So where did he sleep? In the tent with the kids? or with the adoptive grandmother?

Today, a Mexican that watched them strangely-and then she still puts him alone in a tent with 2 small children? And she did or did not mention this yesterday to LE?

Today, finding out there was another child there-a 14 year old boy who was a friend of her son, that wasn't mentioned yesterday?

The use of past tense in referring to Syler-he 'loved' the water"...

I didn't see tears for most of the interview. I saw a 'sobbing' mom, but not much for tears.

Usually I am the first one (and for the longest time period) for believing a mom (or stepmom) is truly innocent-but I don't get that this time. My apologies if I am wrong, but my BS meter is beeping loudly at me..

I am also concerned, as I am under the impression she told LE she was the mom, then we/they found out she was the custodial mom, and papers were legally filed; but I am pretty sure I heard in the early news reports that there was no record of any papers being filed. But saying you are the mom, versus saying you are the custodial or potentially adoptive mom, to me there is a big difference...and that should have been made clear to LE right away. of course, it may have been, and media does make errors, so....

Also the way she walked away from the media, going to the van as she sobbed 'find my baby...". I know I would stop, and give a clear concise description of my child, clearly state that he was asleep, I woke up, he was gone- (or whatever the situation was) and please get his picture out and then help join the search-and excuse me while I do the things I need to do to help find him. I would thank them for help getting the word out, then go do what I needed to do. (I also wondered why the van was locked-she had to knock on the door to be let in-I just thought that was strange).

I don't think the outcome on this baby will be a good one..

Yeah thats the video. The more I see of that woman the closer my BS detector gets to being pegged.

Personally, that was uncomfortable to watch. I don't know what it is, but my BS detector went off too. Her body language speaks volumes, and then the talk of the Mexican Man.

Hmmmm....can't put my finger on it, but I don't like it.

MOO

Mel

At this particular campground it is private. There are only 13 sites in which to camp (from media report).

Since it is private what type of registration for entry and to camp would the owners request I wonder?

When LE got the subpoena's last night I would imagine they would supoena any of those records as well.

I am seeing reports that LE did interview everyone at that campsite before releasing them (numbered at about 25 people in media reports).

Has anyone been to a private campground that could give me insight as to what information they might have needed to camp there? (the owners of the campground from the respective campers).

I have been camping at a private campground in Florida and they ask for all of your personal info and they take your tag number, any visitors they take their tag numbers as well and your names so they should have documentation of who is going in and out of there.

Tina Priem can't explain it but a strange feeling came over her and that caused her to wake up in a panic. When she looked around that was when she found her soon to be adopted son Sylar was gone. (reporter)

TP: I just want my baby to come home. Safe.

Reporter: Through her tears, Tina Priem, tries to explain what happened to her soon to be adopted son Sylar. Sylar curled up to his adoptive Grandmother and an hour later Tina says she woke to a panic.

TP: I woke up around 2 AM and he was gone. I got up hysterically and woke up everybody at the campsite. Then (or and) my Baby's missing. They all started searching for him and looking for him.

Reporter: Within minutes, Tina called police and a short time later they were scouring the site as much as everybody else. Even bringing out search dogs.

TP: I think with him being with no shoes, that he wouldn't have gotten as far as what they've even searched.

Reporter: That's why Tina believes someone has Sylar.

TP: I do feel like someone took him yes.

Reporter: Why?

TP: Because they can't find--the bloodhounds or whatever the dogs they had out there---only traced him for a little ways. They haven't found his body. (kat response: WTH?)

Reporter: Tina says there was a man near the campsite that bothered her.

TP: There was a male Mexican man in his 30's --kept staring at us all day the day before---he was on his phone, he was talking like hours in front of his truck. A white truck from right across us.

Reporter: That's why if someone does have Sylar Tina has this plea.

TP: Please bring my baby back. Please just bring my baby back.

Reporter: She even has a message for Sylar himself.

TP: I love you Sylar and I miss you very much baby. Please come home to me.

Reporter: Tina tells me she will continue to cooperate with police and do everything in order to get Silar back.

(Kat comment: Facial language is way off. LE is going to be very interested in watching this video)

Ok wow.. they can't find his body!? That just really stood out to me. And then to turn the tables away from her and talk about a mexican dude watching them the day before and talking on the phone for a long period of time. I believe this woman knows where sylar is cause honestly she had misty cummings written all over her face.

'wannabe mom' getting more & more suspicious... a local news station just reported that of the many items on her existing criminal record, one was for filing a false police report.

Hi larsinaz ~ One of the panel members on last nights NG made the same comment, but it was fleeting, and no one picked up on it. He did say the false report was in regards to Syler being missing, or something to that effect.

Uggh ~

Yep, things are not adding up at all. I was SO hoping to wake up and hear that he was found safe.

Any news on if C.P passed her lie detector test yet?

I can't imagine a two year old having energy at 1 in the morning after a long day of fresh air to go off and explore in the dark for that matter.
I hear my kids wake up before they even wake up... If that makes sense. I can imagine teens not hearing a peep.... So if someone was watching they could be brave enough to make the snatch.
I don't see anything wrong with taking toddlers camping, we just have to be the responsible parents and watch the kids.

Hi larsinaz ~ One of the panel members on last nights NG made the same comment, but it was fleeting, and no one picked up on it. He did say the false report was in regards to Syler being missing, or something to that effect.

Uggh ~

The complaint for this charge was filed 10/31/07. Syler was born 3/17/08 so IMHO it couldn't have been about Syler missing. Here is the full court record for that charge.

C PRIEM DEFENDANT - D 1 Date of Birth: 09/1974
Citation Count Description Disp. Date Disposition
C00158426 1 FALSE REPORT TO LAW ENFORCE 11/19/2007 GUILTY

Case Activity
Date Description Party
11/19/2007 FUND: BASE FINE (84%) D 1
11/19/2007 FUND: 2007 SURCHARGES (84%) D 1
11/19/2007 FUND: PROB SURCH 2006 D 1
11/19/2007 ARRAIGNMENT D 1
11/19/2007 FUND: LOCAL COST/FEES 84% D 1
11/15/2007 CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE RECVD D 1
11/05/2007 SENT CERTIFIED MAIL D 1