GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About camping. I have a lot of experience with it, as I tent camp in federal and state campgrounds every summer. And I've camped with friends with small children before.

Whether or not a two-year-old can open a tent zipper depends completely on the child. I've seen a two-year-old boy navigate his way in and out of a tent better than many adults can. This child had to be watched very closely, because it was nothing for him to disappear and be found five or six campsites away, raiding someone's food stash. After three or four of these experiences, it became obvious to me that the mother would not watch him as closely as he needed to be watched, so I took it upon myself to do so. That was the last time I camped with that family: watching the child wore me out.

My own experience. I've camped in numerous states, in mosquitoey areas, during thunderstorms, in cool weather and in hot and humid weather. I love to camp, so I won't begrudge anyone who has the same affinity for the outdoors that I have. People who love to camp and do so safely are a special breed. As long as preparations are made for what might befall the camper, all's good.

To me, all of the above are non-issues, because I don't believe a word of Christina's story. I think that one of three things happened to Sylar. Considering that Christina's criminal history shows a woman with a penchant for illegal prescription meds; a woman with a flared temper to the point of physically fighting; a woman who has made a false report to police in the past; a woman who's irresponsible with children, to the point of not even putting them in restraints while in a vehicle; a woman who's irresponsible toward her family and other drivers by not maintaining insurance and registration on her vehicle; and a woman whose camping partner (her mom) has previously been convicted of endangering the life and health of a minor and of multiple drug and marijuana charges.... Well... here are my three possible scenarios:

1) Christina and mother take pills or smoke some bowls, get messed up, pass out in the tent, leaving the kids to fend for themselves. Something happens to Sylar, and when they wake and find the injured/deceased child, they either dispose of his body or have someone else do the dirty work, and then cover it up by feigning an abduction / disappearance.

2) Christina and mom, zonked on pills or weed, accidentally harm the child, and cover it up. They have someone come to the camp, take the child and dispose of him, and then they go through the motions of raising the alarm for a missing child.

The above two make sense because, with both women having previous drug arrests, Christina would be looked at closely by CPS (I have little doubt that she's already had a case or two with CPS) and might lose her two natural children. She didn't want to take that chance by reporting an accident or neglect, so, instead, they came up with the story that casts them as completely responsible parents with a wily child who was able to escape the tent and wander away--or possibly be kidnapped by the "Mexican." :rolleyes:

3) Christina and mother were totally sober for the weekend. They planned to get rid of Sylar. Why? Who knows? Maybe he said that he loves his bio mom more. Maybe something happened between Sylar and one of Christina's children. Who knows. People who harm children don't need a logical excuse. Whatever they convince themselves of is all that matters to them. So, knowing that rain was expected, what better time to get rid of Sylar than on a day when rain would be very likely to wash away any evidence, scents, and so forth. What better place than in a public campground with loads of strangers, including one of those "Mexicans" that they've heard so much about in the Arizona news--cast as the villain a stereotype who's being scapegoated by everyone from the Arizona governor to Joe Arpaio for the problems facing the Southwest. Sylar was killed by the women, and disposed of by someone who had been prearranged to come retrieve the body to take it away from the camp.

Those are the only three possibilities I see as logical right now. I don't believe that Sylar was abducted by a stranger. I don't believe that a wild animal toted him off. I don't believe that he wandered away from the campsite (even though it's possible).

Either an accident happened, the women were negligent, or they carried out a planned murder. I don't think that Sylar is alive. Sad to say.

MOTIVE:

Don't know why this lept out at me, but I think it may be state benefits. I would bet that Christina's two older children receive food stamps and TANF. Possibly even SS. Maybe in her stupidity, Christina didn't mind taking on another kid, because she thought it would bring in even more benefits. But, without a proper adoption, she may have been unable to receive those benefits for the child, so he became worthless to her.

Or maybe this was cooked up between her and the biological mom, over paternal issues with the father not wanting to allow the adoption.

Anyway... just tossing some thoughts out. As always, pure speculation, hypotheses, and just the way I see it.
Great list! Another possibility:
4)The temperature was 92-94 degrees and this family had been camping in the heat for days. If the toddler had been splashing in the creek water for days and ingesting any of it, diarrhea would likely have occurred. Without giving the toddler fluids with electrolytes, the toddler could have expired from hyponatremia or heat stroke.

Nancy Grace's show is on with Jean Casares ~ she'll be talking about Sylar. :)

Showing previews now with some case background and video of the campground.

Says Tina took a LDT (not sure if that was today). Wonder what the results are. No link.

Mel

Says Tina took a LDT (not sure if that was today). Wonder what the results are. No link.

Mel
Right now they're talking about another case so hopefully something will be said about that when they get to covering Sylar. :)

YCSO: No end date set for search of boy
July 29,2010

RIMROCK, AZ - Authorities say the search for a 2-year-old boy who went missing while camping last Sunday will continue through the night and Friday.

Officials with the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office said Thursday afternoon that no end date has been set for the search for Sylar Newton who was apparently camping with a friend of his mother and three other children.

According to authorities, investigators continue to be in contact will Sylar's family and they have cooperated with interviews and follow-up questions by detectives. They say detectives have completed interviews with all sex offenders in the Verde Valley area.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_northern_az/other/ycso:-no-end-date-set-for-search-of-boy

UPDATE, Thursday, 4: 05 PM:

YCSO Officer Dwight D'Evelyn reports: The search effort will continue throughout the day, overnight and into tomorrow. No end date has been set. Commands teams are constantly evaluating information and strategy as YCSO and its incredible search volunteers continue their efforts to find Sylar.

Investigators remain in contact with Sylar’s family. They have cooperated and assisted with multiple interviews and follow-up questions by detectives.

Last night, detectives completed contact with all sex offenders in the Verde Valley area. This contact included interviews and searches as necessary with each offender. No additional leads have been discovered as of this time involving area sex offenders.

Investigators continue their follow-up on leads provided by family members, campers who were in the area at the time of Sylar’s disappearance, and phone interviews generated by media reports. If someone is hesitant to contact the Sheriff’s Office for fear of being identified, please contact Yavapai Silent Witness immediately at 1800-932-3232.

Critical updates will be sent immediately via this email alert system

http://www.prescottenews.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=3765

I did not realize that this boy was still missing--I live about an hour from where he went missing. I will catch up on all the messages posted...

YCSO Officer Dwight D'Evelyn reports: The search effort will continue throughout the day, overnight and into tomorrow. No end date has been set. Commands teams are constantly evaluating information and strategy as YCSO and its incredible search volunteers continue their efforts to find Sylar.

Investigators remain in contact with Sylar’s family. They have cooperated and assisted with multiple interviews and follow-up questions by detectives.

Last night, detectives completed contact with all sex offenders in the Verde Valley area. This contact included interviews and searches as necessary with each offender. No additional leads have been discovered as of this time involving area sex offenders.

Investigators continue their follow-up on leads provided by family members, campers who were in the area at the time of Sylar’s disappearance, and phone interviews generated by media reports. If someone is hesitant to contact the Sheriff’s Office for fear of being identified, please contact Yavapai Silent Witness immediately at 1800-932-3232.

Well that's some good news. If they scaled back, then that would tell me that LE was looking somewhere else. It sounds like LE really thinks Sylar is out there....

MOO

Mel

NG show talking about Sylar now. Jean talking with local reporter who says search has been expanded to 5 mi. radius; sonar used in duck ponds; camera dropped down a well. Still no sign of Sylar. Jean asking about the tents, who was there. Reporter talking about original report of Sylar being in tent with older children; changed to him being in tent with CP & her mother. Reporter saying according to CP he was inside the tent around midnight; talking now about the "adoption" that has no record or paper trail. Biological grandmother, Yvonne Newton, is on the show via phone. Jean C. asking why her daughter wanted to give up Sylar. GMother is saying her dau. is bi-polar, self-destructive, had a hard time taking care of him on her own. JC asking how she knows CP. Had lived in Flagstaff for many years, knew CP. GMother thinks someone picked him up and took off with him. JC asking why wouldn't someone have heard something, or wouldn't Sylar cry? GMother saying maybe someone they knew or had met. JC asking what jolted CP awake to discover he was missing. GMother saying her daughter isn't really telling her a lot; she's confused and has a bad gut-feeling.

bio-moms- mother is on HLN, she knows nothing, nobody is talking to her about any of this. She feels that someone took him and that Sylar knows or at least met him.

NG Jean C talking with an expert searcher asking how someone could've taken him without anyone noticing. He said possibly Sylar wandered off. Dr. Susan Evans talking about how long Sylar could last in the weather conditions (high90s/low70s), barefoot, no food or water. Jean C talking now with a former LE about number of people in the tent and if LE would've interviewed everyone separately. He's saying yes, they would've been because this information is coming from people who may be suspects.

commercial

If there's a strange man of ANY race, white, black, hispanic, asian, native american, blue, yellow, green, hot pink with orange spots.... staring at 2 women and a bunch of children who are alone at a campground, why wouldn't they find a ranger or someone to report this to? It's not like they could go in the house and lock the doors! They were in tents FGS!

I don't believe this story at all. NOT ONE BIT! Is this what it's going to be now? Instead of TBDDI it's going to be TMDDI?!? Give me a flippin break.

After watching the NG show....

I loved how all the key adults involved at this point have prior mugshots.

sorry...so someone steps in the tent (unzips it first) pries the kid out of his adult protective arms...and absconds with him?

NOT!
I do not see this! Someone (investigator, etc) needs to talk to Jet Duncn for some insight... this is just not right...the whole thing!

The news story said that one diaper was found outside the campsite but it apparantly wasn't Sylar's but police took it to analize. I wonder how they knew it wasn't Sylar's--maybe by the size? brand? or it was unused? I wish they would tell the results of the lie detector tests given to Christina and whoever else they gave them to. That would let us know if Christina was being honost or making up stories. Police must have interviewed this so-called Mexican man that supposedly watched Christina's family and they must have searched his campsite. They said they searched every campsite and car and interviewed all the people that were at the campsite. The police must know who stayed at the campsite where Christina said the Mexican man was. I tend to think that Sylar either fell into and disappeared into an uncapped well or other hole, or that someone took him from the camp in a car. I wonder if police have checked things like the pit toilets in other campgrounds in the area that someone could have dumped him in if they took him away in a car. But if someone took him in a car, they could also have taken him out of state. There are so many places that he could be that its like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Searchers Refuse to Give Up on Missing Ariz. Toddler1CommentsAdd your commentUpdated: 30 minutes ago

(July 29) -- It has been nearly five days since anyone has seen Syler Newton, a 2-year-old boy who vanished from a northern Arizona campsite on Sunday. But authorities say they are not yet ready to give up hope.

"It is still a search-and-rescue effort," Yavapai County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn told AOL News. "[There have been] cases where there is survivability up to 96 hours, and we're right in that territory. There is no plan to terminate the search."

Syler had been on a camping trip with Christina Priem and members of her family at the Beaver Creek Campgrounds, about 50 miles south of Flagstaff. He was discovered missing from their tent about 1:45 a.m. Sunday.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...missing-arizona-toddler-syler-newton/19574248

One thing I'm not clear on ~ are the cars parked so far from the campsites that if someone were to leave between midnight and 1:45am it wouldn't be noticed? Didn't CP say the "Mexican man" was talking on his phone leaning up against his truck? IMO, that would mean the vehicles were near the tents. I'm just not seeing how someone could have taken Sylar away in a vehicle at that hour without someone being awakened by the noise and/or headlights. :waitasec: MOO

After watching the NG show....

I loved how all the key adults involved at this point have prior mugshots.

LOL you have a way with words, I needed the chuckle :)

I cannot seem to find it, but can anyone refresh me as to when adopto mom got her charges for the prescription meds? and when did grandma get the child endangerment? I know its back there somewhere, but my eyes have had it and if someone knows would be helpful....Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez