GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. Furthermore, I cannot express enough how disgusting I think it is for someone to use someone's race/ethnicity/national origin as a means for a scapegoat.

I agree with you, but has anyone done that in this case? Which post?

tia,

Hoppy
mod

Something has been bugging me regarding the "mexican man" she saw. If I were to make something up about someone, knowing that there were a lot of people, I don't think I would have said he was there all day. I think I would have said " I saw a man who was cking us out for 10 minutes or so, just to give an excuse that nobody else saw him. Saying he was there all day gives the LE the ability to check with other campers to see if they noticed something as well. I would love to hear that other campers saw this person and his truck to verify. IMO.

Something has been bugging me regarding the "mexican man" she saw. If I were to make something up about someone, knowing that there were a lot of people, I don't think I would have said he was there all day. I think I would have said " I saw a man who was cking us out for 10 minutes or so, just to give an excuse that nobody else saw him. Saying he was there all day gives the LE the ability to check with other campers to see if they noticed something as well. I would love to hear that other campers saw this person and his truck to verify. IMO.

If I were camping out with small and younger children, it would only make sense to borrow a cell phone or talk to a ranger, or campground director to report someone before going to bed for the night when you saw someone watchig you all day who appeared "suspicious".

Why wouldn't the other campers think of this as well?

Makes no sense to me to go to sleep and try to forget a suspicious looking person in the campground.

I agree Leo, there are many things I would have done differently (like take a picture or video) however I'm just saying that when she said she saw this man, one would think she would not have said he was there ALL day if he didn't exist. IMO I hope i'm making sense.

I agree Leo, there are many things I would have done differently (like take a picture or video) however I'm just saying that when she said she saw this man, one would think she would not have said he was there ALL day if he didn't exist. IMO I hope i'm making sense.

Yes, I do understand .

I suppose what I'm thinking and trying to say is as I said earlier.

This is a common tactic and ploy (unfortunatley), not saying it is the case here however.

In the past however, to name a "bushy haired stranger" as in the case of Diane Downs who killed her son, or in the case of Susan Smith who drowned her two sons, she claimed a "Black man followed my car and took my sons"

All a lie.

The lie is always to deflect
from yourself onto another, and hopefully the police will then go follow a lead such as this.

Often (for some reason?), perhaps its based on the Collective Media such as in Arizona now focused on minorities and the Border...on in the Southern States where Susan Smith was located, the liars will then deflect upon a minority or other who might stand out as worrisome for some reason or other, to go chase after .

I hope that is not the case here, but I sort of think it may be.

(based on past cases) and there are more then two that I mentioned here.

So, I do agree that to find and interview the other campers who can verify such a suspicious person would be very important in this case.

Either verify it or look again on the rumor and who started it.

Interesting that she didn't tell LE about the "Mexican man" until AFTER she said something about it in the media.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Son of a gun.

That is not good. There is no reasonable explanation for that omission. IMHO.

I bet the investigators are all over that. JMHO.

She was extensively interviewed and yet she didn't tell that to LE but to the media first?

Huhn. :no:

In the most recent newclip of adopto mom she looks like she is wearing make up, does not look a mess and this adds to my deep rooted suspicions. I lost my cat two months ago from my home, she snuk out when my hubbie held door open, I was a mess, I live in coyote country and cats don't stand a chance out there. I found her after searching endlessly for ten hours, I would have sat out all night, I am not joking. I bawled and my face and my swollen eyes told the whole story of my emotion. This was my four legged baby, this woman is missing her BABY, yes she is adopto mom, but she considers this child to be her world, then why is she looking so good and faking that whiney voice, and not aged ten years in the past five days..... I just don't feel good folks, more and more I don't feel good about this.

ITA. Furthermore, I cannot express enough how disgusting I think it is for someone to use someone's race/ethnicity/national origin as a means for a scapegoat.

I agree with you, but has anyone done that in this case? Which post?

tia,

Hoppy
mod

The "custodial mother" has stated that a "Male Mexican man in his 30's" was watching them all day while talking on his phone. Given the current immigration situation in Arizona... this could easily be a way to make a current "vilified" group of people into a scapegoat.

The reference by Taminator was to the custodial mother possibly doing this, which is the impression most people are getting from her statement, the circumstances surrounding it and her (lack of) reaction to it such as leaving the campground or reporting it to the campground.

I think the majority of people think that it is a Susan Smith/Diane Downs situation....especially given the lack of cell phone reception at the campground where he was "on his phone" all day. The custodial mother is the only person I know of who has done this, ("made him a scapegoat) the police have not said a word about this man. I believe if they thought it was credible they would have done so. If there was any chance he had abducted Sylar, obviously they would put that information out there!

Hope that clears that up.

IF there was a ''sketchy'' dude scoping me and mine out in a campsite

I would have two choices

(a) report it and/
(b) leave

Yes, I do understand .

I suppose what I'm thinking and trying to say is as I said earlier.

This is a common tactic and ploy (unfortunatley), not saying it is the case here however.

In the past however, to name a "bushy haired stranger" as in the case of Diane Downs who killed her son, or in the case of Susan Smith who drowned her two sons, she claimed a "Black man followed my car and took my sons"

All a lie.

The lie is always to deflect
from yourself onto another, and hopefully the police will then go follow a lead such as this.

Often (for some reason?), perhaps its based on the Collective Media such as in Arizona now focused on minorities and the Border...on in the Southern States where Susan Smith was located, the liars will then deflect upon a minority or other who might stand out as worrisome for some reason or other, to go chase after .

I hope that is not the case here, but I sort of think it may be.

(based on past cases) and there are more then two that I mentioned here.

So, I do agree that to find and interview the other campers who can verify such a suspicious person would be very important in this case.

Either verify it or look again on the rumor and who started it.

Excellent explanation leomoon thank you so much.

TP was specific. She didn't say a hispanic man. She didn't say a man that looked hispanic, she didn't say a man that looked mexican. She said Mexican Male. IIRC she used that exact phrase "Mexican Male".

I was going to expound on what you said but you said it so well that I can't add anything.

For those that aren't in the SW, think of this way---in some people, by no means all people, there can be sometimes perceived a covert prejudice against Mexican and Mexican-Americans. Those that act this way are definately in the minority themselves IMHO. This has been exacerbated lately because of emotions running high on the illegal immigration in AZ as of late (other states as well).

Let me say that by no means am I making sweeping generalizations about the wonderful citizens of the SW. It's just that you will always have a few here and there that will retain old prejudices. KWIM?

So yes, to say that a "mexican man" possibly commited a crime in the SW, is the same as saying it was a "black man" in the SE. Other parts of the country have their own "low man on the totem pole" that is named by race or ethnicity when deflection is needed.

All JMHO. I apologize if I offend anyone with generalizations. I do know that all people are different. :)

Also seems like a sketch artist might be able to make a sketch of this person if there was such a person. My hinky meter is way up on this one!

Snipped...............................................

At the top of the Facebook page, it states, "Custodial mother [Priem] says they caught a Hispanic man watching them several times through out Saturday, and fears he may have done something. It is one of several possibilities. Please be on the look out."

When asked about that, D'Evelyn said that Priem had not disclosed this information to the detectives prior to speaking about it to the media. He said they are looking into this information now

http://www.prescottenews.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=3765
........................................................................................................

Sorry I just realized this little piece of tidbit, and can I say wtf?

Wouldn't there be a sketch of this man circulated if others had seen him too?

Wouldn't there be a sketch of this man circulated if others had seen him too?

Not if they are just looking into it today, because mom failed to provide that important piece of information.....imo

http://video.ap.org/?t=By Section/U.S.&g=0729dv_ga_missing_woman&f=1139949

If it doesn't take you right to the video, click on the video on the right titled "Missing Tot's Mom: Terror as Search Widens."

This video may have been posted already. It doesn't have much new info.
But at the end, you hear audio of C. Newton.

She says something like "It's not like finding out your son's dead. This is different."

What an odd thing to say. Has she experienced the death of a son?

Snipped...............................................

At the top of the Facebook page, it states, "Custodial mother [Priem] says they caught a Hispanic man watching them several times through out Saturday, and fears he may have done something. It is one of several possibilities. Please be on the look out."

When asked about that, D'Evelyn said that Priem had not disclosed this information to the detectives prior to speaking about it to the media. He said they are looking into this information now

http://www.prescottenews.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=3765
........................................................................................................

Sorry I just realized this little piece of tidbit, and can I say wtf?

yeah, I just noticed that too...all I can say is Charity might trust her but me...I don't trust her as far as I could throw her! I sure would like to know the results of the LDT.

Not only that, but IF he was camping right across from them as was indicated, the host would have had all his info (name, license plate, etc). So the sheriff's office would have either already spoken with him or issued a BOLO or something.

If he existed, I am certain the YCSO would have issued a statement about him by now.
Exactly. And LE hasn't said a word about him that I know of. :waitasec: MOO

Nancy Grace's show is on with Jean Casares ~ she'll be talking about Sylar. :)

Showing previews now with some case background and video of the campground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez