GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link? I think she made it private.. I just requested her.. but I can't see any info on her page.

Yeah, Charity's Facebook has been private since I first found it after he went missing. I have never read anything like that on either facebook.

Sorry, I thought it was public but it isn't...Charity's fb is private.

Sorry, I thought it was public but it isn't...Charity's fb is private.

This is a huge problem I have with this circle of people. If your child was missing, wouldn't you, your family and friends be flooding the media (social media as well) with as much info as possible? Wouldn't you be at least on-site helping with the search (they wouldnt be able to keep me away).

Granted, the bio-mom seems to be somewhat open but CP and her family have basically clammed up.

This is essentially a dead story with the Arizona media. If it were my child/loved one, I'd do everything possible to keep this child in people's focus.

t's the fifth day since the disappearance of Sylar Newton (aka Syler Newton), and there is still no sign of the missing toddler. So, what is happening now?
A quick review of the situation

Sylar was on a camping trip at Beaver Creek Campground with his custodial mother, Christina Priem. Accompanying them on that trip were:

* Nancy Collins, 57, mother to Christina Priem
* 1 12-year-old girl, daughter to Christina Priem
* 1 14-year-old boy, son to Christina Priem
* 1 14-year-old boy, friend of Priem's son

Sylar was last seen by other campers in the area around 9 PM on Saturday, July 24.

Priem then said she saw him at 12:30 AM on Sunday. Sylar was sleeping in the tent with Priem, Collins and the 12-year-old girl. The two boys were in an adjacent tent.

At 1:45 AM, Priem stated that she woke up and discovered Sylar was missing.

They looked for Sylar, but could not find him. There were approximately 25 other campers in the area, , and some of them assisted in the search. According to Yavapai County Sheriff's Office (YCSO) Media Representative Dwight D'Evelyn, all the campers were cooperative with requests by deputies to check personal campsites and vehicles.

No new news.

http://www.prescottenews.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=3765

I thought I was going nuts because I read that facebook everyday. I didnt request Charity as a friend because I felt that would of been intrusive. I think if her comments showed up someplace relatively private that I could read them I would be good with that. Could that be posted in the jury room or parking lot?

It really varies by provider. In my experience: Verizon you get so-so service on the road in front of the campground; T-Mobile you get service only on the interstate; ATT/Sprint choppy (gotta stand on your car to get 1 bar choppy); prepaid (like Tracfone) depends on the actual provider but my son has Straight Talk and it will work at the free picnic area across the road but NOT in the campground.

Of course I have no idea what cell provider they were using, but those are the ones I have used in that area.

This reminds me of one place we used to camp. NO cell reception. We had to drive up to the main road about a mile away to get reception.

When Christina called 911, I wonder if she called from inside the camp, or if she had to drive a bit to get to a place where there was reception.

I thought I was going nuts because I read that facebook everyday. I didnt request Charity as a friend because I felt that would of been intrusive. I think if her comments showed up someplace relatively private that I could read them I would be good with that. Could that be posted in the jury room or parking lot?

Nope, can't post anything we can't link to...sorry. Can't even discuss anything on a private fb it's against TOS and someone will come after us with a ray-gun or worse.:dance:

Was there also unmentioned adults who maybe where with them but not in their tents?
Like a group of people and not just a family camping trip? I have not been on a single family camping trip ever it was always 2 or three groups. I havent seen any other campers speak out about seeing Sylar playing and being shocked.

In first reports there was no 14 yr old friend mentioned. Just her two kids. Then there was an extra kid. So when they said "went camping with" they just meant who rode in their car. The 14 yr old is at first with his family and then splits from them ending up with Tina's son in their tent.
Just speculating based on my feelings why the heck two single woman would want to go campping alone with 4 children. And one still in diapers without a playpen. So I was wondering if it was a group event and not a family event.

Also when Tina walks away trying to get into the locked SUV on the news video ,I thought she says '' Stop being mean my son is missing'' Or something to the effect did anybody else hear this or am I nuts?

GREAT question.

I have camped at places where all my buddies would camp, too. Since only one tent and a child's tent were allowed per camp pad, other friends would claim pads/sites near us so that we all had adjoining sites.

The way it works--there are two ways. First, you can check in with the host, pay your fees, fill out the paper work, receive your two vehicle passes and one tent receipt for your site (all must be posted--the tent receipt in the window of the tent; the vehicle passes on the dashboard of the vehicle, max 2 vehicles per site), and go to your site and set up. Or, the other way--you go claim your site, set up, and the host comes around, collects fees, gives out passes, and you fill out the paperwork on your site.

So it's possible that Christina and Nancy had a planned camping trip with other people at the site, and that those other people were on their own sites.

Another thing. I've been to rustic tent-only camps where there was no control of traffic flow, and people could come and go as they wished. Very rare are fed or state sites that actually gate the rustic camping area. Indeed, as many places as I've camped at, I've never been to one that actually closed the gates at 10 oclock. Also, "quiet time" may be posted as being at 10PM, but usually this isn't enforced. I've been to many camps where people sat around drinking beer, shooting the bull, until the wee hours of the morning. I've been to state/fed camps where it was almost a party atmosphere until the wee hours. Campers learn which camps allow this kind of stuff and so know which camps to avoid. When I visit a camp that allows this kind of stuff, I don't return. So the people who return to permissive camps are usually the people who don't mind the drinking and such.

I prefer camps that are sparsely populated, on the water, with park rangers who actually patrol the camp sites to keep the riffraff contained. I've been to camps where this is done, and camps where this is not done. I did not feel safe at camps where there is little patrolling, because it's evident the kind of people camps like this attract.

Also, I love to camp on weekdays, because most camps are vacant on weekdays, even during the summer. It's the weekends when the camptrash blows in, so we usually avoid camping on weekends.

OK... I've babbled on enough. I just want to add that I believe that it was larsinaz who said that this camp site kinda attracted the riffraff. Knowing that, I just wanted to explain that riffraff goes where there are permissive rangers or hosts who don't check in on the camp very frequently, so most anything goes.

It really varies by provider. In my experience: Verizon you get so-so service on the road in front of the campground; T-Mobile you get service only on the interstate; ATT/Sprint choppy (gotta stand on your car to get 1 bar choppy); prepaid (like Tracfone) depends on the actual provider but my son has Straight Talk and it will work at the free picnic area across the road but NOT in the campground.

Of course I have no idea what cell provider they were using, but those are the ones I have used in that area.

Thanks, Savmom. The reason I'm asking is because of the "Mexican Man" that was allegedly watching them all day at the campground and talking on the phone while standing against his white truck. By the sound of it, it seems unlikely that anyone would get enough service at the actual campground for any length of time. It tends to make me believe the man didn't exist.

http://www.kpho.com/news/24387159/detail.html

<snipped from article>BBM

"There was a male Mexican man, in his 30s, he kept staring at us all day the day before,” she said. “He was on his phone, he was talking for hours, in front of this truck, a white truck right across from us."

How can he be on the phone for "hours" in a place that, at best, gives you spotty service?

Did they say if any of the other 25 or so campers saw this "Mexican" man? Or only they saw him?

http://www.kpho.com/news/24387159/detail.html

<snipped from article>BBM

How can he be on the phone for "hours" in a place that, at best, gives you spotty service?

Not only that, but IF he was camping right across from them as was indicated, the host would have had all his info (name, license plate, etc). So the sheriff's office would have either already spoken with him or issued a BOLO or something.

If he existed, I am certain the YCSO would have issued a statement about him by now.

Did they say if any of the other 25 or so campers saw this "Mexican" man? Or only they saw him?

I've been trying to find reference to that myself. If they saw him, then the other campers had to see him as well.

:waitasec:

Maybe he was a heat-induced hallucination or mirage! :rolleyes:

A little more info:

According to D'Evelyn, "The dogs did obtain scent in some areas around the campground -- but the scents trails went dry. No blood evidence located ---- One diaper was found outside the campsite but apparently not related to Syler. It has been held and examined."

Not only that, but IF he was camping right across from them as was indicated, the host would have had all his info (name, license plate, etc). So the sheriff's office would have either already spoken with him or issued a BOLO or something.

If he existed, I am certain the YCSO would have issued a statement about him by now.

ITA. Furthermore, I cannot express enough how disgusting I think it is for someone to use someone's race/ethnicity/national origin as a means for a scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak