GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is strictly my opinion, but I believe the poor baby was actually buried and the rain unearthed his remains. The child didn't appear to actually leave the tent, so his body had to have been moved, or something. This baby didn't even have a chance from birth. RIP Sylar.

Oh, Sylar. I wish it wasn't true. Bless your sweet soul, little one.

If he was put in a car and transported to a location, even within a mile or two, this would greatly impact the abilities of most dogs. Even being carried could have an impact on the dogs ability to follow his trail. There are a few who can car trail, but this takes specific training and then results are going to be greatly dependent on external factors.
Searching a two mile radius in wild terrain is not the same as searching 2 miles down a street. I'm not defending them, but without knowing the details and seeing the logs and the POD that they were working on I hate to judge too quickly. Searching even a 2 square mile area is searching almost 1300 acres or almost 56,000,000 feet. It's a lot more ground to cover than it seems.

Do you suppose he was in the water when the dogs were there and just recently came to rest in the wash? I remember in one of the news articles it said the dogs didn't want to leave the camp, I suppose maybe they (the dogs) knew Sylar was there but he was in the water. So very sad.

Going off the articles, I'm going to guess that leaving the camp, meant leaving their campsite specifically? This would make me suspect either a bad scent article or that he didn't just "wander off", but was instead put in a car or possibly carried. (Honestly, carrying a vic is not something most train for, we happened to have tried it after a failed case under controlled set up and were surprised that some of the dogs couldn't work through it, some could though.)
If the dogs trailed down to the water and then lost it, then yes, absolutely.
But..... I don't see how he could have been in the water and then ended up in a wash. It would likely be the other way around. To end up in the wash he had to be near the wash or in it when it was dry and then the floods moved him down the wash.

I live out here, not where Sylar does but close enough. The terrain is rough. Very rough and depending on many factors such as heat, rain, etc..I'm not going to be pointing a finger at the searchers. Probably never will because being outdoorsy all your life, and living here for over 30 years, there are so many factors that could cause Sylar to be missed originally. Human error for one. Just one human error. Sadly, we all have made them. Wind, dogs couldn't pick his scent up? I'm anxious for his autopsy results.

The stages of decomposition to determine death are so complex due to the environment. Weather, animals, and so on. I have read so much about it that unless I were trained and wanted to do the math, I'm not going to guess at his state.

Such a sad sad loss of a young one again.

Apparently he was found by someone named Don N. according to his facebook page. Does anyone know if this person was biologically related and how? Sorry if I missed some posts back identifying relatives.

http://www.facebook.com/sylernewton

Apparently he was found by someone named Don N. according to his facebook page. Does anyone know if this person was biologically related and how? Sorry if I missed some posts back identifying relatives.

http://www.facebook.com/sylernewton

He is a local, and from what I saw on that page, he was just compelled to search. He has been searching everywhere around that campsite. He found out he was related some way...but he didn't know it. HTH.

He is a local, and from what I saw on that page, he was just compelled to search. He has been searching everywhere around that campsite. He found out he was related some way...but he didn't know it. HTH.

Obviously this does not look good for Yavapai County LE... two precious little boys found within a week of eachother and by someone who was persistent in searching other than LE. I'm confident there will be some fallout over this. Although I'm sure they did everything they knew to do in both cases. The media will likely eat this up. JMO

Poor sweet baby. I tend to believe it is him, coming home on the anniversary of Hasanni's disappearance.

If Hasanni is on the other side (as I suspect he is) I hope he was there to welcome little Sylar.

What a shame...what a d*** shame.

guardian-angel.jpg

My gosh, little Sylar. Gone too soon.
I wanted so badly for you to come home safe and sound, but
now it seems you are with the other children who left us.
All too soon.

A thank you to the sherrif's dept who worked tirelessly to find Skylar.

IMO:
Sylar was taken from the campsite and buried.
The recent rains washed his body down to where it was found.

I can only hope there is some forensic evidence that will allow the truth
to be known.

Rest in eternal peace Sylar.

Poor sweet baby. I tend to believe it is him, coming home on the anniversary of Hasanni's disappearance.

If Hasanni is on the other side (as I suspect he is) I hope he was there to welcome little Sylar.

What a shame...what a d*** shame.

guardian-angel.jpg

And I can't help but think that when little Emmett collapsed, Sylar was right there with him, and they ran off together. No more sadness, loneliness or pain...just eternal buddies.

It is a shame...and very hard to come to grips with. :(

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=2096

Today, the remains of a tiny child were found in a ‘wash’, just two miles from the campsite. While autopsy results are pending, the body is believed to be that of the little barefoot toddler, Sylar Newton. A ‘wash’ consists of dry riverbeds, creek beds, until it rains—then they’re called a wash.

I still don't believe for a second that he unzipped the tent in the middle of the night and wandered off without anyone noticing.

I just don't think it's possible that he wandered away. It would be a truly shocking coincidence if he did wander that far.

If it is foul play, how did he get there? Could someone have hiked from the tent all the way to the location he was found? It sounds like the terrain is far too rough for that, especially at night.

So very sad. RIP Syler.

Thank God for persistent Grandpa's like Don...related or not, this man is a true hero. He has trudged that terrain around the camp for two weeks looking for Sylar, all the while praying that he would not find him. Sleep will surely not come easy for him tonight so I'm sending up special prayers for Grandpa Don N. Thank you Don for not giving up on Sylar.

RIP, Sylar.... May you have another chance at a beautiful life.

I just don't think it's possible that he wandered away. It would be a truly shocking coincidence if he did wander that far.

If it is foul play, how did he get there? Could someone have hiked from the tent all the way to the location he was found? It sounds like the terrain is far too rough for that, especially at night.

So very sad. RIP Syler.

LE stated earlier today that it's likely his body came to rest there after recent rains and flash flooding. So...he would have started out somewhere else. :(
At least, this makes it sound like LE said it http://www.redrocknews.com/News/human-remains-found-body-may-be-sylar-newton.html

i am pretty sure the only time Don left off searching was to go search for little Emmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx