Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi sleuth!

One thought I had. TP identified herself as Syler's Mother when he was reported as missing. It took LE a few minutes to figure out she was "custodial" Mom. (Which is really a crock of BS!, all she had was a piece of paper stating that CN had let her have custody at that time, and then later--it was even reported that the piece of paper stated they shared custody of Sylar--PLEASE---have you ever heard of such?)

So, in all fairness, CPS may not have asked TP to *prove* she was Sylar's Mother if she claimed to be his Mother as she did with LE when he went missing.

I'm not defending CPS in AZ but how were they to know this woman was lying her @ss off about being his Mother when they were called in?

For example: As an FRG Leader (family readiness Group leader) I was called by a few Army Wives when they had the civilian CPS called in on them for various reasons--some valid and some non-valid complaints---to assist in liasion type interface---not once was it ever asked if the child involved was actually the legal child (paperwork requested) of the person the complaint was lodged against.

KWIM?

I can only assume by how TP acted when Sylar first went missing that she claimed that Sylar was her natural child when CPS was called in prior. She more than likely said " oh here's my baby--yes--see how happy he is?"

KWIM?

She's a piece of work, I tell ya!

IMHO.

This may be the case but if so then they need a overhaul over there. Unfortunately I had the "pleasure" of dealing with social services (which handles things such as state insurance, food stamps, child welfare etc. in my state). I work full time, husband lost his job 3 weeks before I had my baby. Well, I had insurance through work but seeing how I would be off work 6-8 weeks or more from having the baby there was no way I could afford the deductable on the insurance so I applied for the state insurance to have in addition to my health insurance...well let me say, it was not easy! It took 2 weeks of 3 hour appts which ended up running into the week I bought the baby home. I had to bring all my bank statments, pay stubs, house payments, bills AND birth certificates for me, my husband and my other two kids, a verification of birth from the hospital for the baby, his footprint card and on and on. Thankfully the approved it because I ended up having an emergency csection, 4 days in the hospital and the baby had to be transported to a NICU hospital...the transport bill from one hospital to another via ambulance was 6,000.00 Anyway...my point is I had to show them all kinds of documents to prove ALL the kids were mine!

This may be the case but if so then they need a overhaul over there. Unfortunately I had the "pleasure" of dealing with social services (which handles things such as state insurance, food stamps, child welfare etc. in my state). I work full time, husband lost his job 3 weeks before I had my baby. Well, I had insurance through work but seeing how I would be off work 6-8 weeks or more from having the baby there was no way I could afford the deductable on the insurance so I applied for the state insurance to have in addition to my health insurance...well let me say, it was not easy! It took 2 weeks of 3 hour appts which ended up running into the week I bought the baby home. I had to bring all my bank statments, pay stubs, house payments, bills AND birth certificates for me, my husband and my other two kids, a verification of birth from the hospital for the baby, his footprint card and on and on. Thankfully the approved it because I ended up having an emergency csection, 4 days in the hospital and the baby had to be transported to a NICU hospital...the transport bill from one hospital to another via ambulance was 6,000.00 Anyway...my point is I had to show them all kinds of documents to prove ALL the kids were mine!

Hey everybody!
I've been a lurker lately. The way I feel, I haven't been sure if I could keep myself from getting banned...

Sleuth, from what I understand AZ has also been careful about checking birth certificates to ensure that they are giving benefits to US citizens. On top of that if CP was receiving state assistance for Sylar would she be able to do that if he were not his child? I mean the fact that Sylar had a different last name should have been a red flag, and you would think that if CPS was involved they would have at least talked with the father to look into his custody issues in case they did need to remove Sylar from the home.

I also wonder about the methadone situation. I know you can get it off the streets, but if they were going through a substance abuse program the state would have known about it.

Everyday that goes by it is just more and more and more difficult to not see an arrest. It just makes it worse that we learn another bit of information that makes this whole situation even more tragic. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I honestly just hope this is the week of "something" "anything" to start to hold those responsible criminally responsible. I understand getting ones ducks in a row takes time, but this seems too slow. I pray they don't have the same judge today when going to custody court and that dumb butt judge does not give the kids to TP, if so I might puke.

They are posting on Facebook within the last hour that the police have a search warrant for Tina and Nancy's home.

Nobody has asked yet if it is a new one today or if they are confused because of the new reports from before. It sounds like they believe it is new? They are also mentioning the custody hearing so maybe we will hear something from them if nowhere else!

Methadone is also used for pain control. If they have some reason that they cannot take other pain killers, it wouldn't take long for some doctor's to put them on methadone. They could have a perfectly legitimate prescription for it.

There is a reason that prescription drug overdoses are within the top 4 leading causes of death, varying among different states.

Many of those people wouldn't buy them on the street to get hooked in the first place, if they didn't get them from a doctor. There is a reason they are using LEGAL medication to begin with, they are not interested in buying drugs on the street. The ones already addicted are a different story. :twocents:

I am wondering if they don't mean that the latest NEWS, as in media news...is that there WAS a search warrant.

But that they just worded it very badly, or didn't catch the date of the search warrant in the article?

Not ALL of the articles even GIVE the date (July 25th) they just say "a search warrant."

I think that is probably what is going on here. But, I could be wrong.

I am wondering if they don't mean that the latest NEWS, as in media news...is that there WAS a search warrant.

But that they just worded it very badly, or didn't catch the date of the search warrant in the article?

Not ALL of the articles even GIVE the date (July 25th) they just say "a search warrant."

I think that is probably what is going on here. But, I could be wrong.

I don't know. The request is coming from Anna who started the page and has been very intimately involved from day one, so it makes me think something might be going on.

That's what I am thinking, but the posting the articles about the search warrant threw me off too.

I guess I just would have clarified that this was a NEW search warrant from TODAY if it was me. You know? I guess we will see if the media picks it up or if there is an update...

It is definitely confusing to not have it clarified...

I don't know. The request is coming from Anna who started the page and has been very intimately involved from day one, so it makes me think something might be going on.

Snipped
A search warrant shows campers staying near where Sylar Newton and his custodial mother, Christina Priem, were camping said they saw Priem or her mother being verbally abusive to Sylar. They said one of the women even pushed the toddler to the ground the evening before he went missing.

Isn't it illegal to witness a crime ( and last I heard child abuse was a crime) and NOT report it? I wonder what, if anything, will happen to the witnesses. I doubt anything will come of it. Just throwing it out there.

Probably not unless you are a mandated reporter. If there was a mandated reporter that witnessed it, that could be a different story.

Otherwise, it would have to be more black and white than that.

Unfortunately, pushing a kid to the ground is not really that uncommon. If they HAD called the cops they would have come out and seen Sylar wasn't obviously in danger, then left again.

Beating him or actually doing something like stabbing him, strangling him, or something like that, would be different.

If I had been at that campground I would have watched them like a hawk. Probably been over there playing with Sylar so that someone was giving him loving attention. It would have been very clear that someone was watching them, closely. In the past just watching has resulted in me seeing the child's back covered in cigarette burns when someone went to pick him up and his shirt moved. At THAT point I felt justified in calling.

But I do know from experience that many times cops would be pissed at me for wasting their time if I called for a parent pushing a child to the ground. Unless Sylar still looked drugged in addition to that, or had other obvious abusive injuries, I probably would know it wasn't worth calling.

They definitely could have done more without calling the cops though. If they knew multiple people had seen them, maybe they would have changed how they were treating him and Sylar would still be here.

Snipped
A search warrant shows campers staying near where Sylar Newton and his custodial mother, Christina Priem, were camping said they saw Priem or her mother being verbally abusive to Sylar. They said one of the women even pushed the toddler to the ground the evening before he went missing.

Isn't it illegal to witness a crime ( and last I heard child abuse was a crime) and NOT report it? I wonder what, if anything, will happen to the witnesses. I doubt anything will come of it. Just throwing it out there.

Speaking of natural children....

Let's not forget that Tina is supposed to be in court Monday over custody of her two natural children.

Mentioned in the end of this video: http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/Ne...dial+mom/40280768001/35150280001/591145857001

Let's hope that the judge has some sense and doesn't put a potential star defense witness or two in the same house with the potential defendant. Hopefully her ex husband brings that search warrant with him with the statement of his daughter about Sylar stumbling and not waking up.

The hearing being reported on by the media would be nice too...but that might be a bit much to ask. We didn't get the follow up last time...so I don't know if we will this time or not.

Anyone heard an update on this?

Hey everybody!
I've been a lurker lately. The way I feel, I haven't been sure if I could keep myself from getting banned...

Sleuth, from what I understand AZ has also been careful about checking birth certificates to ensure that they are giving benefits to US citizens. On top of that if CP was receiving state assistance for Sylar would she be able to do that if he were not his child? I mean the fact that Sylar had a different last name should have been a red flag, and you would think that if CPS was involved they would have at least talked with the father to look into his custody issues in case they did need to remove Sylar from the home.

I also wonder about the methadone situation. I know you can get it off the streets, but if they were going through a substance abuse program the state would have known about it.

Everyday that goes by it is just more and more and more difficult to not see an arrest. It just makes it worse that we learn another bit of information that makes this whole situation even more tragic. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

You know I never considered the father aspect. CN stated she wasn't sure who was the father, there were 2 prospects.In my state if someone apply's for medical assistance or financial assistance you must name the potential dad's. I am sure with CN's "problems" and lack of long term employment to the point she lives like a gypsy that she had health insurance when she had Sylar. Not sure if AZ follows suit on what my state does but prospective dad's have to get paternity test...hmmmm interesting! On another note...why the crap no arrests yet..and no positive ID? what in the world could be taking so long. Caylee Anthony took a matter of days...not weeks!:furious: I think it is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!:furious: There is absolutely no reason that part should be taking so long...furthermore if Don who found him smelled a smell which helped lead him to Sylar then there was tissue present not just a skeleton! Tissue available for testing! JMO:twocents:

Snipped

I think I know what I would do if I saw an adult pushing a child to the ground. I think I would probably be jailed but it wouldn't be for not reporting it.

You know I never considered the father aspect. CN stated she wasn't sure who was the father, there were 2 prospects.In my state if someone apply's for medical assistance or financial assistance you must name the potential dad's. I am sure with CN's "problems" and lack of long term employment to the point she lives like a gypsy that she had health insurance when she had Sylar. Not sure if AZ follows suit on what my state does but prospective dad's have to get paternity test...hmmmm interesting! On another note...why the crap no arrests yet..and no positive ID? what in the world could be taking so long. Caylee Anthony took a matter of days...not weeks!:furious: I think it is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!:furious: There is absolutely no reason that part should be taking so long...furthermore if Don who found him smelled a smell which helped lead him to Sylar then there was tissue present not just a skeleton! Tissue available for testing! JMO:twocents:

That's a good point too Sleuth! No one has stepped forward to say that he is Sylar's father...:cursing:

What I was thinking though was something along the lines of CPS asking CP about the father and CPS not being able to give the name of a father that had SN with CP.

Hopefully we will hear something soon, and there will be a good reason for the delay. Hang in there until then :hug:

I think I know what I would do if I saw an adult pushing a child to the ground. I think I would probably be jailed but it wouldn't be for not reporting it.

Amen! What's up with that? I couldn't have stopped myself!

SNIPPED<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Documents show Collins admitted to smoking marijuana on July 24, the day Sylar was last seen alive. Collins also told deputies Sylar got into her purse and swallowed a prescription muscle relaxant. Priem's 11-year-old daughter told detectives she could not wake up Sylar later that day. Drowsiness is a listed side effect of the medication.

Both Priem and Collins told detectives they each took methadone on a regular basis.....

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/12news/new.../20100820sylarcourtrecords.html#ixzz0xIWyhx4q

There should be an "I haz a sad" warning on that link.
It breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member