AZ - Zane, 3, Mireya Henry, 1, & Catalaya Rios, 7 mos, dead, Phoenix, 20 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAN 22, 2020
'We should have known': Aunt speaks at vigil for 3 kids police say were killed by mom
[...]

The children's father, Pedro Rios, sat in silence by the candlelit memorial. He wiped away tears while stroking his finger across a picture of him with his three children.

[...]

PRV, Rios' aunt and the children's great-aunt, fought through tears as she described her agony over what happened.

[...]

... PRV said she wanted to take the two oldest children back to Oklahoma to be with family who knew and loved them. The youngest child, Catalaya, was born in Phoenix, PRV said.

[...]

PRV said she spoke with a funeral home on Wednesday and plans to create a [fundraiser] page to help with funeral expenses. She said the Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office will release the children's bodies to her on Thursday.

But she's at a loss for what to do next.

PRV described Henry as being "weird," sometimes staring at her children for long periods of time — but never imagined her to be a danger to them.

[...]

She said Rios checked on Catalaya and realized she wasn't breathing.

"He yelled, 'TÍa, the baby's not breathing!' and I ran in the house and I started giving the baby CPR," PRV said.

PRV said she told Henry, who was on her phone, to call 911 before taking the phone and telling Henry to perform CPR as she was a certified nursing assistant in Oklahoma.

[...]

Officers later separated the family for interviews. ...

[...]

PRV said she had no clue what motive Henry had. She said Henry had granted her temporary guardianship so she could take them to doctor's appointments.

[...]

PRV said her nephew was still processing what had happened.

"Right now, I just want to get my babies to their final resting place and let them be at peace," PRV said.

[...]

46f6e455-122c-4285-b799-63a6c1da2d88-Three_kids_killed_by_mom_1.jpg
36ebf539-20b4-446d-9630-66d377325697-Three_kids_killed_by_mom_2.jpg
821dd898-d638-4787-8307-6cb85e0f54e5-Three_kids_killed_by_mom_3.jpg

57b04862-c602-48c6-a202-772c80bf1921-Three_kids_killed_by_mom_4.jpg
f740126c-ba2e-454c-9cc2-3f06d2c877a5-Three_kids_killed_by_mom_5.jpg

Last edited:
Little 3 year old boy tried to save his sister.
"Henry allegedly told police she smothered her 1-year-old daughter first. She wrestled with the child before placing her hand over the child's mouth while she continued to kick in protest. Henry's 3-year-old son yelled at his mother to stop and tried to punch her in the face. Henry continued to smother the baby until she stopped breathing, according to the report. She left the body in the back bedroom."
Rachel Henry, mom accused of killing her 3 kids, says she smothered them while singing

The father of the three children, Pedro Rios, was released Wednesday evening, according to his family.

“Rachel was always a sweetheart,” said a family member of Rios who wished to remain unidentified. “I just couldn’t believe it when I heard it. That’s not her. She was one of the last people on Earth who could have done this.”

In 2018, the children were placed in Oklahoma Department of Human Services custody due to an unsafe home environment because of domestic violence and substance abuse by both parents.

The agency said it is reviewing any "contacts that occurred" with Rachel Henry or her children and is conducting an internal assessment. The assessment will remain confidential.

"At the time of their deaths, the children of Rachel Henry were not in the custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services," the department said in a statement. The agency "has been contacted by Arizona law enforcement and is cooperating fully with their efforts. Since DHS is unable to conduct an investigation into the deaths of these children, Oklahoma state law prohibits the dissemination of any information related to this matter."
Prague woman arrested for smothering her three children in Arizona

KJRH spoke with one of Henry’s 13-year-old friends who would like to remain anonymous due to the backlash she has been experiencing through social media, by having known Henry. We will call her “Reese.”

“We met in science class. She was one of my first friends [at the school],” said “Reese”.

“She was fun to be around. She was very smart, and she loved art. She had great grades and she was funny. She was a great friend when she wanted to be. She was very big on boys and attention. She would pay guys to go to the dance with her and bring bags of candy to school, so she could offer it to [guys]. She wanted their attention, even if they were dating her friends. Rachel did not know her self-worth,” said “Reese”.

“Her mom and dad gave her a lot of attention and loved her so much. They would do anything she wanted them to. She lost her dad at the beginning of high school. Rachel’s dad was sick. That made things a bit rough for her,” said “Reese”.

“Rachel would say violent things, [like] talking about hurting or hitting people. If a kid in the cafeteria made her mad by cutting in front of her or bumping into her or if someone annoyed her, [she would react]. Rachel was always playing around aggressively with her mom to where she would hurt her, and her mom would have to tell her multiple times to chill out and stop. Rachel did the same with some of her friends. She would get mad or irritated out of nowhere and act as if she was wrestling around and hurt them. When [her friends] would raise their voice and say that she was hurting them by squeezing them tightly, digging her nails into them, she always wore fake nails, or hitting them, she would just say she was [just] messing around and to quit being a baby or stop being sensitive,” recalled “Reese”.

“I think she had postpartum depression with a few other mental illnesses like anger problems and drug addictions. [I had heard] she [also] lost her mom around the time her first child was born,” said “Reese”.

KJRH spoke with Emily Mobley, a Licensed Professional Counselor from Crossroads Counseling in Tulsa, about postpartum depression or PPD.

"If left untreated, postpartum depression can worsen and potentially develop into a chronic mood disorder. In severe cases, postpartum depression can present with more severe, and potentially dangerous, postpartum psychosis. Depression, including postpartum depression, and addiction are not an unusual coupling, and can have severe and dangerous consequences. The combination of the two can increase the risk of child abuse or neglect, violent or aggressive behavior toward others, and even manifest in delusions, audio/visual hallucinations, or other psychotic behaviors,” stated Mobley.

“They should reach out to knowledgeable professionals who can provide support, safety planning, and needed resources. In the Tulsa area, one excellent resource for people in crisis is COPES - (918) 744-4800. Of course, if the situation is critical, friends and family members should call 9-1-1,” said Mobley.
Rachel Henry's middle school friend reacts to the recent tragedy

Last edited:
One family member said both Henry and Rios were addicted to meth.

“There were hooked on it,” they said. “Rachel was a great mother when she could stay straight but when she was using she was unpredictable and a mess.”

The same family member also said the death of Henry’s mother in 2018 sent her spiraling.

“I think she really fell off the deep end after that,” the relative said.

News 4 contacted DHS earlier today, asking about any contacts the state may have had with Rachel Henry or her children. DHS sent us a response saying, in part:

“We are devastated to learn of the deaths of these three children. However, the information requested is confidential under Oklahoma statute.”

After receiving that statement, we contacted DHS again, telling them we believe Oklahoma law specifically mandates DHS to release that information to the public.

We referenced the Ryan Luke law. Those of you who’ve lived in Oklahoma for some time may remember that law was passed in an effort to make DHS more open with its records, after a child dies.

They did admit they are going to conduct an internal assessment as to what happened, but they said - that too - will be confidential. As for whether DHS will ever release the records in this case, we will continue the fight to obtain those documents. We believe it’s important for you, the public to know what happened in this case…IF those children were actually in DHS custody at one time.
New details: Mother sang as she smothered her young children to death

Eta: summary reference of Ryan Luke case:
Boy's Death Tears Oklahoma Town Apart

Last edited:
The father of the three children, Pedro Rios, was released Wednesday evening, according to his family.

“Rachel was always a sweetheart,” said a family member of Rios who wished to remain unidentified. “I just couldn’t believe it when I heard it. That’s not her. She was one of the last people on Earth who could have done this.”

In 2018, the children were placed in Oklahoma Department of Human Services custody due to an unsafe home environment because of domestic violence and substance abuse by both parents.

The agency said it is reviewing any "contacts that occurred" with Rachel Henry or her children and is conducting an internal assessment. The assessment will remain confidential.

"At the time of their deaths, the children of Rachel Henry were not in the custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services," the department said in a statement. The agency "has been contacted by Arizona law enforcement and is cooperating fully with their efforts. Since DHS is unable to conduct an investigation into the deaths of these children, Oklahoma state law prohibits the dissemination of any information related to this matter."

I'm confused. Where was the father released from? Was he being questioned by LE until Wednesday or under medical care?

It is hard to understand how these children would be placed back in the home after CPS removed them! And that she would have ANOTHER baby after all that and be allowed too keep her! This case shows how BROKEN our system is in some areas. I cant even make complete sentences! I am so upset and frustrated about the whole situation. I mean......REALLY!?!

I'm still catching up so forgive me if this has been covered already,but I am just thinking that 22 is quite young to have 3 children,and the father is quite a bit older than RH,and RH obviously had issues,maybe the new baby wasnt her idea(not suggesting any wrongdoing by the father),maybe she found herself pregnant again for whatever reason and just didnt know what to do,couldnt access a termination,just went along with others opinions?.
I am purely speculating,and even if this is what happened I am in no way excusing what she ultimately did to those poor babies.

JAN 22, 2020
Aunt of 3 kids allegedly killed by mom in Phoenix home speaks out

28048156-b128-4942-9d6e-06f387531aea_750x422.png
ff4d7a52-7139-4efa-9b9d-b959b07a7789_750x422.jpg

1. RH allegedly told PR that she would put the children down for a nap while the woman picked their father up from work around 2 p.m. Monday.
  2. RH smothered the 1-year-old to death first. She allegedly smothered the other two children after PR and the kids' father got home, saying she was changing the 3-year-old and feeding the infant.
  3. “I know it’s hard to believe, but we were here throughout – as she killed our kids. We were here," Rebolledo said.
  4. "Now I know, I should’ve took three more steps into the room to see that she had Miraya in the closet, instead of putting away the clothes like she told me. She said she was putting away some clothes in a bag and I said OK and I walked out the front door.”
  5. On the day of themurders, PR said she and RH went to pick up a pizza, after RH smothered the children and placed them on the living room couch as if they were napping.
  6. "She killed her kids," PR said. "She killed the two kids first and they were taking a nap and then went – rolled with me to go get a pizza.”
  7. When they returned home PR first noticed the baby wasn't breathing so she began to give her CPR and called 911. That's when she looked over and noticed the other two children weren't breathing either.
  8. After officers arrived on scene, PR said she told them that she thought RH had accaccidentallyerdosed the children.
  9. "She is always giving them medicine, even if they weren’t sick."
  10. PR said the kids had been living with her for about a year and that she had temporary guardianship of them at one point, but that nothing was done through the legal system.
  11. She said the children were more happy with her than they were with RH, and that RH did not have to be there and take care of them.
  12. "She could've walked away at any time, I would've been happy to take care of them," PR said.
  13. The night before the alleged murders, PR said RH was staring at the infant while she was eating and it made the baby so uncomfortable that she stopped eating.
  14. PR said she keeps replaying that night over in her mind, but for now she only has one goal: To get the children back to Oklahoma.
Those babies were being so neglected.:(
They were “frequently given medicine even when they weren’t sick” and the other adults just turned a blind eye? :mad:

MOO: I look at other cases I’m following here: Dulos, anello, Todt, Watts, frazee - and right now I have zero foxtrots to give as to why they killed their loved ones. I just want them to admit it and then be locked away and forgotten. I want their names lost to all memory. So that they never overshadow again. the bright beautiful lives they so unjustly extinguished.

And yes I understand why this needs studied. They should be lab rats...

I'm confused. Where was the father released from? Was he being questioned by LE until Wednesday or under medical care?
I have the same question as I read this from the vigil article:
The children's father, Pedro Rios, sat in silence by the candlelit memorial. He wiped away tears while stroking his finger across a picture of him with his three children.
'We should have known': Aunt speaks at vigil for 3 kids police say were killed by mom
I wonder if they mean "cleared." ? MOO

This whole discussion about women being able to prevent pregnancies is bothering me a little bit. How hard is it for a man to wear a condom? I'm sorry but when a man doesn't wear a condom, he knows what can happen, period. It's way less intrusive for a man to wear a condom than for a woman to take birth control that messes with hormones and have side effects. It's so shady when women get solely blamed for getting pregnant, or when women are considered more resposible just because the baby lives inside her. This case is NOT about how and why this woman got pregnant 3 times and had 3 children. Both her and her boyfriend were addicted to meth. He didn't kill those babies, she did. I'm all for giving people second chances and lots and lots of people do get clean and live a sober life, but returning the babies that fast to a recovering addict was NOT a good idea. A young woman that just lost her mother, that had a new baby, that has no job and seemingly no hobbies or occupations, and has issues with drugs shouldn't be trusted with children if they had to be removed from her in the first place. Was nobody monitoring this family? Poor babies.

The children's father, along with another relative, were also in the home at the time. They have not been charged, but Phoenix Police officials say the investigation continues.
Vigil set to take place Wednesday night for children allegedly smothered and killed by mother
Well, who knows what they mean. I'm very disappointed with The Oklahoman as there are a number of errors in that article.

One example:

Henry then placed the bodies of the three children on the living room floor as though they were taking a nap.

(The Probable Cause Statement says they were placed on the couch.)

ETA: Linking article for reference

Pearl Rebolledo spoke with ABC15 at her home on Vineyard Road where police say the children - -all three years old and younger -- were killed Monday night.

Rebolledo lives in the home with her husband. She said her nephew, the kids' father, and Henry were staying at the home with the three kids.

Pedro Rios, the children's father, cradled a picture of all three while he sobbed and prayed.

"Now there's 100 million things that I would've done differently from never letting her back into my home to three more steps into the room. I would've seen, you know, but I can't change anything now," said Rios.
Great-aunt of kids killed in PHX had no idea about murders

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back