Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coincidentally she was at a typical age of onset for many MH disorders which makes it even more difficult to tease apart.

Is it truly difficult to understand that a combination alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, tranquilizers, sleeping pills and anti-psychotics will mess you up?

I have a question to ask. <modsnip> somewhere it was said that they found a bloody mattress and that is where Laura was killed. I never heard anything about a mattress so was it already mentioned.? What a hideous thought that DM shot her while she was sleeping, if that is true that is sadistic and what a cold-blooded murderer. Thanks for any information.

That is an interesting theory. However, LB didn't seem shy about sharing personal things with both strangers (guy from the bar) and friends she hadn't spoken to in years. I think if she were pregnant, she would have shared the news.

I think you are right, and possibly she did share the news with someone, but we have not heard about it yet. It could have been DM. Maybe all those last phone calls involved serious issues, other than trying to find drugs as DM has alleged. When DM sent a message to CN saying that he would hurt Laura, and make her leave, that could have been code for I will kill her, and dispose of the body so that everyone will think she has left. Just some thoughts. I realize she probably knew too much, and could not be relied upon to be discreet because of her emotional distress. I wish she had stayed with Steve Lerner, but I guess she was trying to move up into the money crowd that might help her become an actress. Anyone can easily make fatal mistakes when they are young, and inexperienced in the ways of true evil IMO

I have a question to ask. <modsnip> somewhere it was said that they found a bloody mattress and that is where Laura was killed. I never heard anything about a mattress so was it already mentioned.? What a hideous thought that DM shot her while she was sleeping, if that is true that is sadistic and what a cold-blooded murderer. Thanks for any information.

Ann Brocklehurst mentioned the mattress in her tweets and in an article on her site (paywalled); it was part of the opening statement. If you read the day 1-2 tweets when they were free they mention it.

Just wondering out loud on a cold Sunday afternoon. Smich said Laura was now in the "lake". Wondering if we are going to hear about the infamous hoses in backyard of Riverside Drive. Could her being in the "lake" be a reference to washing the ashes into the storm sewer and out into the lake?

from ABro:

Update - October 29, 2017

Thank you to all patrons who signed up this week. There are now a total of 90 of you, and I hope you all got value for the $2 you have been charged so far.
Unfortunately, I can no longer provide live Twitter coverage as I have accepted a new job and will no longer be able to attend court after November 3rd.

Had patrons reached the 500 mark, I would have hired another journalist to live tweet. Unfortunately that didn't happen in just one week, but if patronage picks up it is definitely a possibility.

For now, I will obtain the trial audio (available to media) and hope to continue to provide some form of coverage, which will be available free of charge to patrons.

I will also provide exclusive articles once the trial ends.
Please feel free to hit me with any questions you might have, but remember, for now, I can only discuss what the jury has seen and heard.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/faqs-details-on-14954349

Good luck at new job, good to know you will still provide some coverage. I hope that DM keeps it up and makes his cross examinations short and the trial moves along quickly and we can forget about these creeps.

this is the best discussion forum people that comment it looks like have followed both trials so they know the background of these two. I am glad there is a forum to discuss the case , it is one of the weirdest crimes and sadly 3 people died. If DM had not been caught I am sure many other deaths would have happened. No one from the group that stuck with him would have talked and that is really sad to know and it is why if he is charged with 2 more murders why he got away with them for as long as he did.

Shows people's true colours. DM's friends weren't quick to rat him out. Even MS had friends who weren't overly helpful initially. These people seem to have a different set of standards and conscience.

surely we will hear more about this mattress business..... how did he get rid of mattress? Hard to fit in eliminator. Messy to cut up????

surely we will hear more about this mattress business..... how did he get rid of mattress? Hard to fit in eliminator. Messy to cut up????
Burn pit? There are a couple of them on the farm IIRC?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Weren't there quite a few reporters present for the Crown's opening? Why didn't they post more about what was said?

We have all seen the stained board removed from the barn, and some have made the connection to this case. News also showed several LE moving a large amount of hay. Does anyone know if it was from the barn?

attachment.php

Yes, from memory the search team(s) did remove hay from the barn. I believe it was during the same timeframe that they removed the barrels. I haven’t gone back to confirm that in previous threads (because I think that will take waaay too long) but my if my memory serves me right, that was from the barn.

I'm curious if we will every hear more about :
1. Charter boat and blood
2. The hoses!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Just wondering out loud on a cold Sunday afternoon. Smich said Laura was now in the "lake". Wondering if we are going to hear about the infamous hoses in backyard of Riverside Drive. Could her being in the "lake" be a reference to washing the ashes into the storm sewer and out into the lake?
That guy was location ally challenged. He also calls a group of trees a forest. He probably calls a swamp a lake. My guess is Laura is in the swamp with Tim.

I'm wondering if they have DNA evidence for Laura.
So for Laura, maybe her blood on the Eliminator?, After all that time, I'm not sure if DNA would still be present. DNA in the barn, the "board"?
I really want to hear the physical evidence presented.

To skip the prelim hearing in a case without a body you have to think there is something substantial linking LB to the accused. Like DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18