Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK So the judge decided against the waiver for her to attend and now JB is challenging him. Right?

Doesn't this kind of blatent challenge to the judge's authority cause a riff in the courtroom for other issues? Isn't it best to try and keep the judge from detesting the defense team? This is the part I guess I don't understand. Why would JB press the issue by going up against the judge?

I think the motion gives argument to his appeal for waiver. The waiver is standard, so now he his requesting it in motion with argument and explanation.

Ah, OK. Thanks, Broderick. ;)

I was only thinking it would not be a good thing to tick off the judge so early in the case. There is plenty of time for that later!

Ah, OK. Thanks, Broderick. ;)

I was only thinking it would not be a good thing to tick off the judge so early in the case. There is plenty of time for that later!

I think the judge probably finds him annoying. And, if that is the case, I can wholeheartedly agree. Baez is annoying.

Yes. While he may only be doing his job...I am annoyed by the way he goes about doing his job. ;)

OK So the judge decided against the waiver for her to attend and now JB is challenging him. Right?

Doesn't this kind of blatent challenge to the judge's authority cause a riff in the courtroom for other issues? Isn't it best to try and keep the judge from detesting the defense team? This is the part I guess I don't understand. Why would JB press the issue by going up against the judge?

I think Baez and his team might be going for a "helpless scared mom" up against the biased system defense.

GR was all over the airwaves helping out with this by saying that government leaks were tainting and biasing potential jurors. Baez is doing his best to also influence jurors with his motions. He WANTS the state to be appear to be mean toward the "presumed innocent accused"." The unfair prosecutors are holding evidence." "Sloppy LE missed hairs in the car" "The mean state wouldn't let the defense on the burial property to "defend" while the investigation was underway." "Poor Casey...things are so unfair...etc."

It is not like Baez has a prayer of getting a lot of what he has asked for.

But, just maybe, a future juror who is inclined to be suspicious of LE or "the system" might start to see Casey as someone that is being "beat up" on by sloppy investigators and prosecutors who rushed things to get "kudo" and now are *covering up* errors and exculpatory evidence.

IMO

Can Baez keep filing this motion after every hearing and the judge keep demanding she attend the next hearing?

Can Baez keep filing this motion after every hearing and the judge keep demanding she attend the next hearing?

There is no ruling on this motion yet. The only thing the judge determined so far is that he denied her written waiver. He may grant the motion and then Baez can go back to presenting written waivers I guess, or he may deny the motion and Baez can present a written waiver at the next one and present a motion again if denied.

These are all valid points, most of which I hadn't thought of, particularly her inability to fake an emotion other than annoyance for very long.

I never thought she was pregnant (although it was certainly possible), but she HAD gained weight. And I think THAT is the crux of it (personally, I think she looks better with the extra weight). She thought she'd have more time to get back in shape and certainly she needed more time to apply more makeup.

Like everyone else, I'm befuddled as to the exhibit attached to the motion. Huh? It simply stated the FACTS of what she looked like, not unsubstantiated rumors. He's trying to make it seem like it's about the shackles and uniform, but IMO this is all about vanity.

I think she needs the ride to court to get some sun. She looks very pale. The judge has made it clear he wants her there. Wasn't this judge going to be replaced soon?

I think Baez and his team might be going for a "helpless scared mom" up against the biased system defense.

GR was all over the airwaves helping out with this by saying that government leaks were tainting and biasing potential jurors. Baez is doing his best to also influence jurors with his motions that set the state up to possibly seem mean toward the "presumed innocent" accused.

Even though Baez has NOT bothered to contact anyone to actually discuss plans of how to do the jail funeral...the motion gives him the privilege of saying his client was denied being with her family to say "goodbye to Caylee". That hints that Casey might "want" to do this, whether she does or not.

IMO

Someone upthread pointed out that the only potential leaks were later confirmed in release of discovery. They cannot be used as damage since facts surrounding the case released in discovery are public domain in Florida under the sunshine laws. Two for instance were the duct tape around the skull and the chloroform in the trunk. They were later confirmed in document release. The duct tape could have been leaked by anyone having a visual advantage at the location of the body find such as a neighbor, media, or curious onlooker.

I agree JB should worry about his clients appearance-

Does she appear to be a lost soul who is grieving for her child, can't eat, losing weight?

Or/ does she appear to not give a Da** about her child and more about sitting in her cell eating bon bons and reading all day, and piling on the pounds.

It gives quite a bad impression-

It's obvious the GP's have lost a lot of weight from stress.

I agree JB should worry about his clients appearance-

Does she appear to be a lost soul who is grieving for her child, can't eat, losing weight?

Or/ does she appear to not give a Da** about her child and more about sitting in her cell eating bon bons and reading all day, and piling on the pounds.

It gives quite a bad impression-

It's obvious the GP's have lost a lot of weight from stress.

Poor Cindy is turning into a waife and Casey is piling on the lbs. :furious:

Not seeing Casey in a while does anyone think she is gaining
weight since all she does is read and eat not making fun of her
if she is gaining weight just wondered if she was.

Oh now I see--unsubstantiated rumors about her condition (relating to weight gain--unrelated to attractiveness).

I had to laugh at this-there would likely be nothing more irritating to Casey then to read a statement like this!!!

And GA was trying to commit suicide-LA had to move back home and may face charges himself! KC has got to be upset that they look like "victims" when she is the "victim"! If she wants to be seen as a "victim" she better come to court looking like one! So far I haven't seen it! She comes and smiles, smurks and generally seems put out to be there-she needs a drama coach to show her how a REAL crime victim looks and behaves!!:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back