Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We do have to take Casey at her word. "No one is letting me talk! I only know what my attorney is telling me!" I don't believe this came from Casey. I believe this is Jose telling her what he thinks she should do. Doesn't make it any more right. It is important for me to say, however, that Casey is the person with the "blending" personality, bending to the wind as it blows from whoever she's with (in this case, hot and from the general direction of Jose).

If nothing else, Casey's need to have attention paid to her is compelling. She didn't shy away from it any other time of her life unless it was to avoid trouble. Well, she's already in trouble and the limelight throughout this thing was something she grinned about in those candid moments the cameras caught the grins.

Jose wants her out of that courtroom. Now the question is, why. Her "appearance" as he states isn't that bad. Superficially, she looked softer and still pretty. I don't think anyone can make a jumpsuit and shackles look like Dolce and Gabbana, but overall she was fine. So, what about her appearance is speculative enough to file a motion, what about her appearance does Jose want to keep out of the public eye.

THAT is the question.

The judge wants KC there because JB is not a very good lawyer, in fact it is imperative that KC sees this for herself. JB bumbles his way through time and time again in the court room, and is called out for it by both the judge and the prosecution. The last thing the judge wants is to have to try this case again due to ineffective counsel, requiring KC to be there lessens the chance of this happening.

I agree with everything you said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18577477/detail.html

saying that people discuss her appearance and it adds to the "circus."

he attached an article for "proof" that was from the Sentinel.... and all it did was describe what she wore and how long her hair was.

:confused::confused::confused:

how does that prove his case? although i agree she should be there, it looks as if SS has made a "special case" out of this and won't LET her waive her right to appear...

This absolutely has her hand all over it. With her level of vanity, she does not want to be seen looking like such carp...how incredibly funny that this is what she (imo) considers to be important. Oh yeah, that and she doesn't want to be faced with the evidence regarding what she has done.

I doubt there is much precedent for a client being able to waive their rights to appear based on the gossip about how bad they look...again jmo.

Below items are bolded by me. This was copied from:
http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/narcissistic-personality-disorder/overview.html

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:
• Reacts to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
• Takes advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
• Exaggerates achievements and talents
• Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
• Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
• Requires constant attention and admiration
• Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
• Has obsessive self-interest
• Pursues mainly selfish goals

I would say that they describe her to a "T". She cannot handle being in the media spotlight now because her "image" is changing... both physical and psychological...she is being found out - her image is coming out in the spotlight for all to see.... and the one thing that is devastating for a narcissist is to not have their image "mirrored" back to them... (remember her words in the last video "i have no one to comfort me....but myself"...) she needs her image mirrored back to her by others and she is not receiving that. It is devastating to her. I sometimes think that solitary confinement in prison would be the best punishment for her - narcissists HATE being alone.

The Judge wants KC there because it is the law in Fla. A defendent MUST appear at hearings where evidence is discussed. They cannot waive that right unless it is in person, in front of the judge.

Below items are bolded by me. This was copied from:
http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/narcissistic-personality-disorder/overview.html

A person with narcissistic personality disorder:
• Reacts to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
• Takes advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
• Exaggerates achievements and talents
• Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
• Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
• Requires constant attention and admiration
• Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy
• Has obsessive self-interest
• Pursues mainly selfish goals

I would say that they describe her to a "T". She cannot handle being in the media spotlight now because her "image" is changing... both physical and psychological...she is being found out - her image is coming out in the spotlight for all to see.... and the one thing that is devastating for a narcissist is to not have their image "mirrored" back to them... (remember her words in the last video "i have no one to comfort me....but myself"...) she needs her image mirrored back to her by others and she is not receiving that. It is devastating to her. I sometimes think that solitary confinement in prison would be the best punishment for her - narcissists HATE being alone.

I would have Bolded them all. She really has all the traits.

The judge wants KC there because JB is not a very good lawyer, in fact it is imperative that KC sees this for herself. JB bumbles his way through time and time again in the court room, and is called out for it by both the judge and the prosecution. The last thing the judge wants is to have to try this case again due to ineffective counsel, requiring KC to be there lessens the chance of this happening.

How is Casey being there going to affect Baez's skills in the courtroom?
The judge wants her there because it's standard procedure to have the defendant present in the courtroom for all pre-trial hearings and procedures.
Listen to the TH's on t.v. sometime.... according to them, Baez is handling it pretty well.... considering what he has to work with.

How is Casey being there going to affect Baez's skills in the courtroom?
The judge wants her there because it's standard procedure to have the defendant present in the courtroom for all pre-trial hearings and procedures.
Listen to the TH's on t.v. sometime.... according to them, Baez is handling it pretty well.... considering what he has to work with.

It would definitely hurt his skills, as he can't turn pages, go up to the side bars while holding a hand over KC's mouth.
:waitasec: Oh yeah! He could use duct tape.

Note: I think KC is mouthy and brave being on the opposite side of the glass with her mom, but in person she would be positively "petrified":chicken:

How different from the day she was first arrested. Then she positively loved being in front of the camera. You could see it in her eyes.

This is what I think. KC is embarrassed to be seen in jail clothes and shackles.

No doubt she's still fuming over Judge S. ordering her there last hearing, with no chance to spruce up first. Definite narcissistic tendencies in KC.

I haven't read the article critically, but at first blush I concur with Baez.Just read this forum and you will see that her physical appearance is clearly a distraction to the facts at hand and have nothing to do with Caylee or this case.
JMHO of course.

I agree the talk here, for example, about her physical appearance, is largely irrelevant to the merits of the case. I could care less what she looks like. The ugly on the inside is her problem. I still think this motion is absurd and an embarrassment to Baez and a waste of court time. He has no reason to be obsessed with what the media says about his client's appearance or any reason to be distracted by that. He should be working on the case and addressing the merits. They aren't two teenagers of delicate sensibilities. KC may care and want to hide, but the court has a substantive, legal reason to have her attend. Sometimes you have to go with what your client wants on the big things, after your best legal advice. But I fault all the lawyers for the members of the A family for getting too sucked into their client's petty demands for control and vengeful battles and going forward with those as if they matter. It's detrimental to the clients. I can't believe someone who can't seem to get organized to take a crucial deposition, for example, would file such a silly motion. I think KC just wants to defy the court - nobody tells her what to do.

The Judge wants KC there because it is the law in Fla. A defendent MUST appear at hearings where evidence is discussed. They cannot waive that right unless it is in person, in front of the judge.
The point is...she already did that in the last hearing. The judge came back and said she must appear at the hearings after she waived that right. Now, JB is going after the judge's order.

One way to keep her out of court JB, STOP filing these Stupid motions.

So now the princess doesn't want people to look at her! I can't believe this! Why is everyone jumping through hoops to make her comfortable! F-HER.

We do have to take Casey at her word. "No one is letting me talk! I only know what my attorney is telling me!" I don't believe this came from Casey. I believe this is Jose telling her what he thinks she should do. Doesn't make it any more right. It is important for me to say, however, that Casey is the person with the "blending" personality, bending to the wind as it blows from whoever she's with (in this case, hot and from the general direction of Jose).

If nothing else, Casey's need to have attention paid to her is compelling. She didn't shy away from it any other time of her life unless it was to avoid trouble. Well, she's already in trouble and the limelight throughout this thing was something she grinned about in those candid moments the cameras caught the grins.

Jose wants her out of that courtroom. Now the question is, why. Her "appearance" as he states isn't that bad. Superficially, she looked softer and still pretty. I don't think anyone can make a jumpsuit and shackles look like Dolce and Gabbana, but overall she was fine. So, what about her appearance is speculative enough to file a motion, what about her appearance does Jose want to keep out of the public eye.

THAT is the question.

To you, Casey looks fine.

All her narcissistic eyes can see are the ugly clothes, the shackles, the bad hair and the chubbiness.

These things bother Casey in a way hearing about Caylee's remains never will.

IMO

How different from the day she was first arrested. Then she positively loved being in front of the camera. You could see it in her eyes.
You're right.... that was before the baby was found and the mounting evidence against her started coming to light... and.... the length of confinement of which she's been in "protective custody" for so long.... at that time she still had hopes that she was going to get away with the crime and that the baby would not found.. she still thought she was "special" and "above the law." Now... it a different story. She doesn't like the judge because the judge is a trained professional who can see straight through her..(as is YM who is doing an excellent job of bringing forth all the damning evidence against her).

Baez is reaching for straws now. Can you imagine if every high-profile case could get away with that? OJ, Scott Peterson, Michael Jackson....none of them would have showed up to court if judges allowed the defense to pull something like that.

So now the princess doesn't want people to look at her! I can't believe this! Why is everyone jumping through hoops to make her comfortable! F-HER.

This is a girl who is used to getting her way.

I still remember how furious she looked when she was brought in last time. She was so mad she looked like she wanted to spit.

Anyone think Judge S. will finally be PO'd at Baez and tear a strip out of him?

Baez fought against the gag order, so he has to live with what he wanted. If there was a gag order it wouldn't be a "circus"!

IMO

This is a girl who is used to getting her way.

I still remember how furious she looked when she was brought in last time. She was so mad she looked like she wanted to spit.
I saw that too. JB may be suffering the brunt of her narcissistic rages. He may be in fear of her throwing one in the courtroom in front of the judge or at the judge. She may have threatened that she will do that as well. If so, it's not her "physical image" per se' he is truly concerned with, but her "case" that he is truly protecting here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back