Baez on the Today Show 12/9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But doesn't any story he tells have to be in some way backed up by testimony and evidence? he cannot simply spin off a whole new tale of fiction without providing some actual sworn testimony or evidence to at the least prove his theory is highly probable under the prosecutions evidence, or provide his own evidence and witnesses to back it.

Am I wrong on this?

If he attempts to spin any new story, without actually putting KC on the stand, then the prosecution plays all of the LE interview tapes. ALL of the prison tapes. ALL the evidence that shows all she does is tell stories.

I'm not sure just how much evidence he will need, enough to try and convince the jury that's for sure but there is no way I see him putting KC on the stand....look at how hard she has made his job already....it would be a dream if he did because as we can see she cant help but tell ridiculous stories but I just cant imagine...even for Baez that would be unbelievable.

Doesn't it hit anyone as strange that this man does not seem to have the money to defend this case?

As everyone knows, one of my brothers is an attorney and when he takes a case, he hires PI's, consultants, what and whomever it takes to make the case. Expenses for a good defense can run into the 1/4 million dollar range. This man has only had one person in this and that is Dr. Lee and we don't know if he has even been paid and then he can't pay the state's bill for $980.00

I find it amazing that the Universe hooked JB up with KC.What a combo! And then you add the antics of the family to it......Bizarro World.
LA told KC not to trust JB. GA told LE that he didn't like JB. Why on Earth would KC continue with him? A good Public Defender would have done a much better job.
I know the answer.Because he's willing to go along with her STORY instead of putting on a real defense.

But doesn't any story he tells have to be in some way backed up by testimony and evidence? he cannot simply spin off a whole new tale of fiction without providing some actual sworn testimony or evidence to at the least prove his theory is highly probable under the prosecutions evidence, or provide his own evidence and witnesses to back it.

Am I wrong on this?

If he attempts to spin any new story, without actually putting KC on the stand, then the prosecution plays all of the LE interview tapes. ALL of the prison tapes. ALL the evidence that shows all she does is tell stories.

He will take that opportunity to plant that seed of doubt. Even if he can't back it up he hopes just one juror will consider it.

JB could probably get a loan of $980 dollars but it's all a sham. Does anyone else remember at one of the hearings when these tips were discussed -- when asked the prosecution said something like 99% of them tips were from CA.

They already have the tips. JB just feels like grandstanding... although in this instance it is beyond transparent.

His methods are ridiculous. He goes to court demands the tips be provided and gets a court order to get them in 10 days. The state's attorney tells him and the court at the time that 90% of them are from CA and many of the others are psychic tips.

Then he picks them up doesn't like them and does not pay the bill. He wants more information they have and they get it together for him at considerable time and expenses for the taxpayers, but won't release it until the pays the prior bill. So he keeps calling saying he is going to pick it up, even makes appointments but never does it. If he doesn't have the money to defend this case, he needs to resign immediately and let the court appoint KC an attorney.

I believe that is why we are seeing all these media events now, so he can raise the money.

I'm not sure just how much evidence he will need, enough to try and convince the jury that's for sure but there is no way I see him putting KC on the stand....look at how hard she has made his job already....it would be a dream if he did because as we can see she cant help but tell ridiculous stories but I just cant imagine...even for Baez that would be unbelievable.

what would be worse--kc or ca???????:doh:

jmo

He's also going to be on Jami Floyd's Best Defense this am on Tru-TV. What is with him? He has less than a month and he is going on every talk show with the same story ...."You will know all about it in my opening statements, blah, blah, blah"!
Maybe he took that movie deal and is out promoting himself for it

TT - I'm not sure it's that he "couldn't" pay the bill and pick up the docs. I'm more inclined to think it's the good old "I'm not paying for a lot of stuff I DIDN'T ask for," exactly as he argued to Judge S.

I've seen a lot of attorneys try to get their opposing counsel to provide documents and things in a specific manner - in this case, JB wanted LE or the prosecutor to go through all the tips and ONLY provide those that referenced a "sighting." Problem with that request? If neither LE nor the prosecutor's offices maintains these tip records in that broken down of a fashion, then JB cannot get the judge to make LE or the prosecutor do it for him. All he can do is ask for the information and he will get it as it is maintained in the usual course of business by LE/prosecutor. Now, if either LE or prosecutor HAD done an analysis and broken out the sighting tips only, it would be a different story.

On the whole though, he probably hasn't the resources to really push this case the way he needs to.
\Maybe KidFinders can give him a donation.

TT - I'm not sure it's that he "couldn't" pay the bill and pick up the docs. I'm more inclined to think it's the good old "I'm not paying for a lot of stuff I DIDN'T ask for," exactly as he argued to Judge S.

I've seen a lot of attorneys try to get their opposing counsel to provide documents and things in a specific manner - in this case, JB wanted LE or the prosecutor to go through all the tips and ONLY provide those that referenced a "sighting." Problem with that request? If neither LE nor the prosecutor's offices maintains these tip records in that broken down of a fashion, then JB cannot get the judge to make LE or the prosecutor do it for him. All he can do is ask for the information and he will get it as it is maintained in the usual course of business by LE/prosecutor. Now, if either LE or prosecutor HAD done an analysis and broken out the sighting tips only, it would be a different story.

On the whole though, he probably hasn't the resources to really push this case the way he needs to.

I think it's an all or nothing deal. Either he gets ALL the tips or none of them. He can't make the prosecution evaluate each tip before turning it over to him. That's HIS job. What a lazy man he is

I've always been amused that Baez was referred to Casey by a fellow inmate.
Guess things didn't work out so well for said inmate, eh?

I think that is a lie. When was she around other inmates long enough to get the name of a lawyer? I think she knows him in some other way that they both do not want to reveal. IMHO.

His methods are ridiculous. He goes to court demands the tips be provided and gets a court order to get them in 10 days. The state's attorney tells him and the court at the time that 90% of them are from CA and many of the others are psychic tips.

Then he picks them up doesn't like them and does not pay the bill. He wants more information they have and they get it together for him at considerable time and expenses for the taxpayers, but won't release it until the pays the prior bill. So he keeps calling saying he is going to pick it up, even makes appointments but never does it. If he doesn't have the money to defend this case, he needs to resign immediately and let the court appoint KC an attorney.

I believe that is why we are seeing all these media events now, so he can raise the money.

I don't think he's picked the CD's yet - he said that it was too expensive and tried to get the price reduced - the thing is - JB and his paralegal, or two paralegals should have been at the States office scanning these themselves - THEN it would not have cost anything

JB is creating a lot of problems himself - he wants the State to do all the work and he doesn't - so I'm guessing that he's only reacting to the states case, not REALLY posing a defense - the state and LE have the ball and I see JB in the middle (like keepaway) and he's jumping all over to take the ball away - I'm thinking JB was picked on as a kid

I doubt she'll ever take the stand and tell her story - as Baez is claiming. I think they are in the middle of trying to work out a plea deal, jmo.

Don't they say, one of the biggest mistakes the defense can ever make is telling the people 'you will hear the truth from my client', and then never putting them on the stand?

As one cannot be compelled to testify against themselves, staying off the stand is the smartest thing a guilty person can do. Leave the burden of proof on the State.

An innocent person would be telling their story all day every day to anyone that will listen. At least that's what I would be doing.

The guilty get more dirty the deeper they dig, the innocent get cleaner. That is a fact.

KC has no idea where her daughter is..After the people took Caylee, she doesn't know what happened..She will not tell, remember, she is the mother of the year..Maybe these people staged Caylees death so the A's wouldn't look for her and the truth will never be found out..Maybe they were scientists that could alter DNA to make it look like Caylee was dead...I'm holding out for the alien abduction.

Do you have a shovel to go with that story? Wher is the money Casey got for selling Caylee? PEople don't pay to get chidlren just to kill them.

I don't think he's picked the CD's yet - he said that it was too expensive and tried to get the price reduced - the thing is - JB and his paralegal, or two paralegals should have been at the States office scanning these themselves - THEN it would not have cost anything

JB is creating a lot of problems himself - he wants the State to do all the work and he doesn't - so I'm guessing that he's only reacting to the states case, not REALLY posing a defense - the state and LE have the ball and I see JB in the middle (like keepaway) and he's jumping all over to take the ball away - I'm thinking JB was picked on as a kid

well darnit I wanted you guys to read my post! LOLOL

Sorry about that - there was a glitch - looks like the site is backup

Sorry if this has alreay been said... havent read the whole thread yet...

For Casey to tell "her side" of the story, that would require her to testify which I don't see happening. Duh.

I really think what he means is that he will tell her side of the story in the opening argument, it seems to me there is a lot of room to talk at this point and so she wont need to take the stand. In the opening argument he will lay out whatever BS story they have decided on.

That may be what he means, but as someone else posted, his statements are not testimony. Therefore, the jury should not accept them as evidence when they deliberate. So, I've also been wondering, just how can Casey get her side of the story out there unless she testifies? And we know that won't happen.

It's all about timing IMO, this is definitely planned and no coincidence.

If they can convince a handful of potential jurors that there are "credible" leads or sightings of Caylee somewhere, they're going to go to the ends of the earth to try to protect Casey.

I realize that no one, especially parents, want to accept that their offspring/loved one is a monster... but for the love of all that is holy... are they THIS stupid?

Bolding mine.

I don't believe the operative word is "stupid".

My opinion only.

I hope he does put her on the stand but he can't be that stupid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy