Baez Visits Experts at Academy Meeting?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So lets see: one is on vacation, one is ill, one will not answer his phone, one is just plain MIA, the DNA lab (although they have been paid) has not gotten back to him yet knowing there was a deadline, anyone else? Hummmm, sounds like much ado about nothing. jmo

It's kind of like avoiding a call from that really bad first date...the one that just won't take a hint.

HHJP was obviously onto JB plan to "attend" the meeting with the intent of ambushing experts that have obviously not wanted to participate or have even been approached to participate in hopes of fabricating some sort of report for his "defense". He has been reminded, no,no,no, jose......thats not how u do things....This judge does his research and can put two and two together, even if the defenses math skills arent adding up. The judge thwarted yet another one of his dastardly plans. On to the next one jose. im sure judge perry already has the research done to thwart you, yet again.
Can u get a refund?? we dont want you spending your slave wages unnecessarily...

BBM:
No refunds after February 7, 2011
2. REGISTRATION FEES - SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS Information from the pre-program booklet!

BTW: There are benefits in membership regarding the cost paid:

Category​
Pre-Registration On-Site

* 1. AAFS Members & Trainees​
 $275  $400

* 2. Applicants
 $275  $400

AND :twocents: I :innocent: heard via a little birdie and some paperwork that a certain high profile Florida, Hispanic defense Esquire:waitasec: has completed paperwork for provisional/associate membership! Now before anybody wonders if he/she might qualify, I :innocent: did take the time to research the membership requirements in the JURISPRUDENCE section

B. Trainee Affiliate
  1. AAFS Basic Requirements for Trainee Affiliate must be fulfilled, and
  2. Applicant must have been awarded a law degree or otherwise be qualified
    to take the Bar examination or have a license in good standing to practice
    law, and be fulfilling the experience requirement for Associate Membership
    in the Jurisprudence Section.
C. Associate Member
  1. AAFS Basic Requirements for Associate Member must be fulfilled, and
  2. Applicant must have received a law degree at least two (2) years prior to
    the date of application for Associate Member, or
  3. Have had a license in good standing to practice law for at least two (2) years
    immediately prior to application for Associate Member, or
  4. Have received a law degree at least one (1) year prior to the date of application
    for Associate Member and have participated in a minimum of one (1) program of
    the Academy prior to becoming an Associate Member. Participation may include
    the presentation of papers, acting as a moderator or panelist of a program, or
    serving as an active member of a committee of the Jurisprudence Section, or
  5. Have a license in good standing to practice law at least one (1) year immediately
    prior to the date of application for Associate Member and have participated in
    a minimum of one (1) program of the Academy prior to becoming an Associate Member.
    Participation may include the presentation of papers, acting as a moderator or
    panelist of a program, or serving as an active member of a committee of the Jurisprudence Section, or
  6. Have received a law degree or a license in good standing to practice law during
    the year immediately prior to the meeting at which Associate Member is considered
    and have participated in a minimum of one (1) program of the Academy as a Student
    Affiliate, or
  7. Have completed such other academic and professional achievements, both in
    law and in forensic science, in a foreign country over a period of not less than
    six (6) years deemed to be substantially equivalent to the requirements of the
    Academy by the section chair and secretary at the time of the application, and
  8. Two (2) letters of reference. References are not required to be members of
    the AAFS, but must be able to comment knowledgeably on the applicant's qualifications.
Since it is :woohoo: SUNDAY:woohoo: and I'm :innocent: hoping to reach salvation :seeya: someday, I :innocent: WILL refrain from any snarky comments regarding the applicant's possible/probable identity. (BUT you all may feel free to Just Assume Bunches!)

Someone posted earlier and for the life of me I can not remember who it was and if it was in this thread or another that it is not the experts job to keep track of court dates and deadlines. I am willing to bet that unless someone has contacted them in the last week or so (someone other than JB since they dont seem to be answering when they see it's his number) and told them that 'they' missed a court deadline, they have no idea what is going on.

This falls directly on JB! He is the one responsible for getting the reports. If he, at some point in the past, said don't send me anything in writing unless I ask for it, that is what they did.

I would prefer to think that they are aware of his less than stellar performance as KC's attorney and have decided they do not want to be a part of this train wreck, they all have reputations to consider. But that is not likely. It is HIS job to produce, by the deadline, the reports that HHJP ordered him to produce. His was the Epic Failure!

I know that it is his responsibility, but to hear him tell it in court, he is doing everything he can, and they are just being mean. I just think he is portraying the experts as being the ones who aren't doing their job, much as he is portraying the SA as the bad guys and KC as the good guy, and Zanny the Imaginanny as the REAL kidnapper. None of it is right, but if you don't follow this case like we all do, you might just think it was the experts fault and not his. KWIM?

I just had to pop in to thank Ssejors for creating this thread and to everyone for making it more hilarious than Comedy Central. My sides are aching and DH thinks I've gone batty.

I just had to pop in to thank Ssejors for creating this thread and to everyone for making it more hilarious than Comedy Central. My sides are aching and DH thinks I've gone batty.

Me too - it's all pretty humorous - and a gem of info tucked in here and there also - but I just start laughing when I see the title of the thread in the Caylee lineup, thanks to some wisehats who have given me visions of lobby potted plants. :floorlaugh: There I go again! Kumbyah indeed!

BBM

I find it amusing that the defense considers it a 'unique opportunity' to be in contact with their own expert witnesses. You would expect that contact with their own witnesses would be a given, not a unique situation. Well, unless they are avoiding him like the plague and he has to stalk them to another state. :crazy:

:great:

LOL THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS ABOUT TO POST! Ty! took the words right out of my mouth.

One thing I think we have all learned from watching JB, er work, is that subtlety is not his strong suit. Quite frankly it seems utterly lost on him. The lack of return calls from experts would lead most (including all of us) to believe that perhaps they are ducking him. To him, it means the universe (already conspiring against his client in every other way) is THWARTING him.

Expert thwart means "not my fault"

wherein expert ducking him all these months without him adjusting the game plan must mean he has not been doing his job. That is impossible. He is after all the great and scholarly legal mind, JB.

I have wondered this, too, Gnatcatcher! According to JB, these experts have not written reports, have not returned phone calls, and have not adhered to court appointed deadlines in a capital murder case involving a 2 year old toddler who was not reported missing for 31 days and who's remains were not found for almost 6 months. Seems to me JB is saying that these experts are not very professional. Or they simply do not go along with his line of thinking and JB doesn't want anyone to know. Hmmm! Seems like they would be pizzed either way, but that's jmo. :innocent:

Just a thought - and please correct me if I'm wrong but remember JB telling HJBP that this expert work was 60% complete and on and on. How would he know that when there is nothing in writing?

Maybe he made a phone call?:innocent:

smoke signals, thats my guess.

At this point it does not matter if Baez did meet up with the Experts (who are apparently avoiding him) at the conference, because Judge Perry has already put deadlines on the Defense to turn in the remaining Expert Reports - Logan and Reichs on Feb 15th at 4:00pm and Rodriguez by Feb 21st at 4:00pm.

The Judge said there will be no more extensions granted or entertained.
If the deadlines are not met and their is no Report and the Experts do not give an opinion through deposition, they will not testify at trial.

The dates of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences 63rd Annual Scientific Meeting are Feb 21-26, 2011 in Chicago.

You said it all with this post ThinkTank. Thankyou.

So, will we be seeing someone seeking a unique opportunity for a new motion for an extention?

I'll put money down that happens.

smoke signals, thats my guess.

Oh those pesky smoke signal tweets! There they are again.

This is O/T but I don't know where else to slide it in - the hearing thread is of course locked.

I was reading it and watching parts of the hearing again at the same time. I miss a lot of the really funny posts when I watch the hearing live, so I like to go back and read it and thank everyone.

It is even funnier the second time around. Here's my wish - that HHSS had the afternoon off, and since this is Baez's first appearance since his current Bar complaint was lodged, I hope Stan The Man watched.

I can see it now - rocking so fast, laughing with tears rolling down his face - that he does a complete back flip in his chair. Then he sings a few bars of "Amazing Grace" as his thanks for not sitting in the judge's chair....:floorlaugh:

Just a thought - and please correct me if I'm wrong but remember JB telling HJBP that this expert work was 60% complete and on and on. How would he know that when there is nothing in writing?

Maybe he made a phone call?:innocent:

No, he made a call to the Psychic Network. They have 24 hour service and answer the phone.

Just got home and saw this awesome thread and had a few good laughs. Fact is, I'm with those of you who are of the belief that JB has not been in contact with his experts and that perhaps these experts' opinions are not to his liking.

One note here... remember in the court hearing that Baez told HHJP that he has some "NEW" information to share with the experts at their confab in Chicago? He mentioned something (but pleaso don't quote me) that it would have an effect on their opinions. That was a clue to me that they are all not on board with him and he is pestering them to change their minds.

Sound like a possible former TES scenario?

Just got home and saw this awesome thread and had a few good laughs. Fact is, I'm with those of you who are of the belief that JB has not been in contact with his experts and that perhaps these experts' opinions are not to his liking.

One note here... remember in the court hearing that Baez told HHJP that he has some "NEW" information to share with the experts at their confab in Chicago? He mentioned something (but pleaso don't quote me) that it would have an effect on their opinions. That was a clue to me that they are all not on board with him and he is pestering them to change their minds.

Sound like a possible former TES scenario?

My guess is JB is going for the accident theory. jmo

This is O/T but I don't know where else to slide it in - the hearing thread is of course locked.

I was reading it and watching parts of the hearing again at the same time. I miss a lot of the really funny posts when I watch the hearing live, so I like to go back and read it and thank everyone.

It is even funnier the second time around. Here's my wish - that HHSS had the afternoon off, and since this is Baez's first appearance since his current Bar complaint was lodged, I hope Stan The Man watched.

I can see it now - rocking so fast, laughing with tears rolling down his face - that he does a complete back flip in his chair. Then he sings a few bars of "Amazing Grace" as his thanks for not sitting in the judge's chair....:floorlaugh:

The hearing threads are always a riot. There's just too much material to work with, to not use it. HaHa

Along those lines....often while I am reading motions or evidence docs I break out into audible LOUD laughter. I laugh to myself but at times the kids hear me. One of them asked me recently....."How can lawyer stuff be that funny?" They just have no idea.

I recently found a funny website. lawhaha.com

I am shocked that I haven't seen any about this case yet.

Back to the topic at hand...

I was amused when JB used his favorite phrase "unique opportunity" (to be in contact with the Defense experts), like it was some mystical, secret thing .... but Ashton said - yeah, it's the AAFS conference, and I can't go because I will be in trial that week. Just like Ashton informed the Judge that the secret issue with Spitz was a medical condition ... Ashton also took away JB's "toys" and catch phrases with the "unique opportunity" being the conference.

OMG that is SO funny! I said almost the EXACT same thing on Friday in the Hearing thread!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6096878#post6096878"]2011.02.04 - Status Hearing - Page 23 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

TiaM said:
I also thoroughly enjoyed how, despite Baez being coy about his "unique opportunity" to visit with Reichs, Rodriguez, et al, that JA laid the conference info right out on the table for the Judge, hee hee hee.

JA also did the same thing regarding Dr. Spitz' mysterious illness, which is pretty much public knowledge. Baez acted as if it were CIA classified info. Again, hee hee hee.

THWARTED

I guess "great minds" think alike, huh? LOL :seeya:

My understanding is JAC will not. JB was retained privately before ICA went all indignet and thwarted financially. JAC will not pay travel for attorneys who were retained privately.

This is what JB meant by paying out of his own pocket. This is how he rolls. On the surface it sounds like he is saying, "We don't have the same resources as the state. We don't have the FBI, we don't have this and that. These experts are on slave wages here. I'll come out of my own pocket to pay for this! (Because that's the kind of guy I am. I care!~Oh, wait, that's George...Because I believe in the cause, the innocence of my client!)
When in actuality, he is saying, "Look, Judge, I've got this really cool idea to get with all of these experts at this really cool setting and I can write it off on my taxes as a business expense. They are going to have continental breakfasts, and I'm a continental kinda guy. All of my experts will be there, ripe for the plucking. I'm taking young master WmS with me to transcribe and fax the reports back. I'm staying in the same luxury hotel on Whackadoo Lane and get to hobknob with Dr. Lee, Reichs, etc.
Judge, it's like comiccon, without the acne!!
I've already registered and booked my room! Don't take this away from me!

DENIED!

bbm
I bet that is exactly how it will be filed.
:twocents:

:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:
JB packs bags and takes a stack of pocket squares.....forgets winter coat.

Anybody know exactly where this confrence is being held? I'd love to hide behind the potted plants and watch!:innocent:

Hyatt Regency Hotel
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL, USA, 60601

http://www.aafs.org/aafs-2011-annual-meeting

bbm
:waitasec: I've got it..Casey didn't get the answer to the question about Chicago that she texted Lee about...:floorlaugh: so her boy Jose will find out for her...now would that be an educational expense or business expense?..:floorlaugh:

Monday June 23, 12:40 a.m. Casey sends Lee a text message –
“here’s my question… is ‘the windy city’ an appropriate nickname for chicago? is it really THAT windy? i’ve always wondered.”
http://humbleopinionforum.net/cma-t...june-16-30-2008/cma-timeline-june-22-30-2008/

BBM Now that is funny, and now that you've provided me the image, I know I will be watching the replay of the next hearing picturing things thus. HHSS watching and laughing til he cries, relaxing and enjoying his life "post ICA and the dream team". He is probably so glad to lose that headache.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back