Baez Visits Experts at Academy Meeting?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if JB is actually signed up to attend.

I thought it said no faxed registrations would be accepted.

Maybe he will be at the doorstep trying to catch them as they enter.

ETA -
I forgot to add the reference from the AAFS site

http://www.aafs.org/aafs-2011-annual-meeting

Register by mail or email: the 2011 Registration Form (paper version) can be found below under 2011 Annual Meeting heading. Faxed registration forms are no longer accepted.

Since this is a "Unique Opportunity" for JB and he is being paid "Slave Wages", what are the chances JAC will be paying for this? Will they pay for the trip, attendance fees, lodging and etc.

When I think of JB going I picture him sneaking around incognito. :Banane18:

ATTENTION ALL MEETING REGISTRANTS
THE PRE-REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS
January 26, 2011THE DEADLINE IS FIRM.

Interesting that JB filed for his extension the day BEFORE the pre-registration deadline.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26611795/detail.html

Very interesting!
He filed a Motion asking for an extension of time on the Expert's Reports .... but he did not follow up with setting it for a Hearing so he would know if the Judge was going to grant his Motion and give him more time .... so JB did not know until the Hearing on Friday, Feb 4th, that the Judge would not grant him the extension of time that he asked for.
Did he register for this convention ASSUMING that the Judge WOULD grant him the full amount of time that he asked for in his Motion, and give him time to meet the experts at the convention?

Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL for the laughs!!! :D

Very interesting!
He filed a Motion asking for an extension of time on the Expert's Reports .... but he did not follow up with setting it for a Hearing so he would know if the Judge was going to grant his Motion and give him more time .... so JB did not know until the Hearing on Friday, Feb 4th, that the Judge would not grant him the extension of time that he asked for.
Did he register for this convention ASSUMING that the Judge WOULD grant him the full amount of time that he asked for in his Motion, and give him time to meet the experts at the convention?

I suspect that pretty much sums up his thought process on this. We were wondering why it was taking HHJP or even JA so long to respond to JB's last minute motion. It's because they are now holding him to the letter of proper procedures. he will learn to do it right and properly or it will not happen.

Did anyone else notcie that the only dates concerning any of his expert witness or evidence processing, that he actually knew, where the dates of this conference and who would be attending? I mean he was in a status meeting to discuss expert testimony and evidence. This was a calender scheduling meeting. he couldn't come up with basic things. "When did you send the DNA samples?" "When did testing begin?", "When did you last speak with the expert?" "When was Dr. Spitz hospitalized?". It boggles the mind.

Since this is a "Unique Opportunity" for JB and he is being paid "Slave Wages", what are the chances JAC will be paying for this? Will they pay for the trip, attendance fees, lodging and etc.

When I think of JB going I picture him sneaking around incognito. :Banane18:

My understanding is JAC will not. JB was retained privately before ICA went all indignet and thwarted financially. JAC will not pay travel for attorneys who were retained privately.

This is what JB meant by paying out of his own pocket. This is how he rolls. On the surface it sounds like he is saying, "We don't have the same resources as the state. We don't have the FBI, we don't have this and that. These experts are on slave wages here. I'll come out of my own pocket to pay for this! (Because that's the kind of guy I am. I care!~Oh, wait, that's George...Because I believe in the cause, the innocence of my client!)
When in actuality, he is saying, "Look, Judge, I've got this really cool idea to get with all of these experts at this really cool setting and I can write it off on my taxes as a business expense. They are going to have continental breakfasts, and I'm a continental kinda guy. All of my experts will be there, ripe for the plucking. I'm taking young master WmS with me to transcribe and fax the reports back. I'm staying in the same luxury hotel on Whackadoo Lane and get to hobknob with Dr. Lee, Reichs, etc.
Judge, it's like comiccon, without the acne!!
I've already registered and booked my room! Don't take this away from me!

DENIED!

I find many things about JB offensive. But one of the things that has me totally annoyed this week with him is his constant reminder of "slave wages". If I remember correctly did the Judge not ask him why he could not get experts in Florida? And he was adament that it would not impede his defense? But now every chance he gets he refers to slave wages. He forgets to mention that most of the ones he has chosen are the same ones that show up for every high profile

I wish just once someone would let him have it and remind him that its his decisions that are making it more difficult for him. He chose his experts.

HHJP was obviously onto JB plan to "attend" the meeting with the intent of ambushing experts that have obviously not wanted to participate or have even been approached to participate in hopes of fabricating some sort of report for his "defense". He has been reminded, no,no,no, jose......thats not how u do things....This judge does his research and can put two and two together, even if the defenses math skills arent adding up. The judge thwarted yet another one of his dastardly plans. On to the next one jose. im sure judge perry already has the research done to thwart you, yet again.
Can u get a refund?? we dont want you spending your slave wages unnecessarily...

Are these experts even speaking at the same times and dates? Does not mean they will be all there at the same time. Maybe he's treating for dinner and as tempted them with "crab puffs" on the menu. Unless he has made arrangements to get them all together I just do not see an opportunity to do so. It would be like herding cats. jmo

HHJP was obviously onto JB plan to "attend" the meeting with the intent of ambushing experts that have obviously not wanted to participate or have even been approached to participate in hopes of fabricating some sort of report for his "defense". He has been reminded, no,no,no, jose......thats not how u do things....This judge does his research and can put two and two together, even if the defenses math skills arent adding up. The judge thwarted yet another one of his dastardly plans. On to the next one jose. im sure judge perry already has the research done to thwart you, yet again.
Can u get a refund?? we dont want you spending your slave wages unnecessarily...

I was amused when JB used his favorite phrase "unique opportunity" (to be in contact with the Defense experts), like it was some mystical, secret thing .... but Ashton said - yeah, it's the AAFS conference, and I can't go because I will be in trial that week. Just like Ashton informed the Judge that the secret issue with Spitz was a medical condition ... Ashton also took away JB's "toys" and catch phrases with the "unique opportunity" being the conference.

My understanding is JAC will not. JB was retained privately before ICA went all indignet and thwarted financially. JAC will not pay travel for attorneys who were retained privately.

This is what JB meant by paying out of his own pocket. This is how he rolls. On the surface it sounds like he is saying, "We don't have the same resources as the state. We don't have the FBI, we don't have this and that. These experts are on slave wages here. I'll come out of my own pocket to pay for this! (Because that's the kind of guy I am. I care!~Oh, wait, that's George...Because I believe in the cause, the innocence of my client!)
When in actuality, he is saying, "Look, Judge, I've got this really cool idea to get with all of these experts at this really cool setting and I can write it off on my taxes as a business expense. They are going to have continental breakfasts, and I'm a continental kinda guy. All of my experts will be there, ripe for the plucking. I'm taking young master WmS with me to transcribe and fax the reports back. I'm staying in the same luxury hotel on Whackadoo Lane and get to hobknob with Dr. Lee, Reichs, etc.
Judge, it's like comiccon, without the acne!!
I've already registered and booked my room! Don't take this away from me!

DENIED!

:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:
JB packs bags and takes a stack of pocket squares.....forgets winter coat.

Anybody know exactly where this confrence is being held? I'd love to hide behind the potted plants and watch!:innocent:

I was amused when JB used his favorite phrase "unique opportunity" (to be in contact with the Defense experts), like it was some mystical, secret thing .... but Ashton said - yeah, it's the AAFS conference, and I can't go because I will be in trial that week. Just like Ashton informed the Judge that the secret issue with Spitz was a medical condition ... Ashton also took away JB's "toys" and catch phrases with the "unique opportunity" being the conference.

BBM

I find it amusing that the defense considers it a 'unique opportunity' to be in contact with their own expert witnesses. You would expect that contact with their own witnesses would be a given, not a unique situation. Well, unless they are avoiding him like the plague and he has to stalk them to another state. :crazy:

My bet is JB did not pay to attend but rather he will be going up the day before, sit in the hotel lobby and approach them as they register at the hotel. Then he had planned on standing around in the lobby just outside of where the conference is being held.

My question is this: This conference was planned a while ago, probably when JB still had somewhat of a Lawyer reputation. (stated loosely) I wonder if one of the cases Lee and other's will be discussing is the CA case? JB had LEE at one point, could he have requested the CA case be discussed to help JB, before the final approval of the conference agenda was set?

I suspect that pretty much sums up his thought process on this. We were wondering why it was taking HHJP or even JA so long to respond to JB's last minute motion. It's because they are now holding him to the letter of proper procedures. he will learn to do it right and properly or it will not happen.

Did anyone else notcie that the only dates concerning any of his expert witness or evidence processing, that he actually knew, where the dates of this conference and who would be attending? I mean he was in a status meeting to discuss expert testimony and evidence. This was a calender scheduling meeting. he couldn't come up with basic things. "When did you send the DNA samples?" "When did testing begin?", "When did you last speak with the expert?" "When was Dr. Spitz hospitalized?". It boggles the mind.
I wish you could have been in the courtroom when that happened. A lot of suppressed disgust and giggles. HHJP just stared and waited.

This thread has been more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Love it.

My question is... considering what JB said in court about how the experts won't return his calls, etc., how likely would it be that the experts would welcome speaking to JB now, now that he's badmouthed them like a kid tattling on the playground?

This thread has been more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Love it.

My question is... considering what JB said in court about how the experts won't return his calls, etc., how likely would it be that the experts would welcome speaking to JB now, now that he's badmouthed them like a kid tattling on the playground?

I have wondered this, too, Gnatcatcher! According to JB, these experts have not written reports, have not returned phone calls, and have not adhered to court appointed deadlines in a capital murder case involving a 2 year old toddler who was not reported missing for 31 days and who's remains were not found for almost 6 months. Seems to me JB is saying that these experts are not very professional. Or they simply do not go along with his line of thinking and JB doesn't want anyone to know. Hmmm! Seems like they would be pizzed either way, but that's jmo. :innocent:

I have wondered this, too, Gnatcatcher! According to JB, these experts have not written reports, have not returned phone calls, and have not adhered to court appointed deadlines in a capital murder case involving a 2 year old toddler who was not reported missing for 31 days and who's remains were not found for almost 6 months. Seems to me JB is saying that these experts are not very professional. Or they simply do not go along with his line of thinking and JB doesn't want anyone to know. Hmmm! Seems like they would be pizzed either way, but that's jmo. :innocent:

Someone posted earlier and for the life of me I can not remember who it was and if it was in this thread or another that it is not the experts job to keep track of court dates and deadlines. I am willing to bet that unless someone has contacted them in the last week or so (someone other than JB since they dont seem to be answering when they see it's his number) and told them that 'they' missed a court deadline, they have no idea what is going on.

This falls directly on JB! He is the one responsible for getting the reports. If he, at some point in the past, said don't send me anything in writing unless I ask for it, that is what they did.

I would prefer to think that they are aware of his less than stellar performance as KC's attorney and have decided they do not want to be a part of this train wreck, they all have reputations to consider. But that is not likely. It is HIS job to produce, by the deadline, the reports that HHJP ordered him to produce. His was the Epic Failure!

So lets see: one is on vacation, one is ill, one will not answer his phone, one is just plain MIA, the DNA lab (although they have been paid) has not gotten back to him yet knowing there was a deadline, anyone else? Hummmm, sounds like much ado about nothing. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back