Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My mind goes a little darker in that JS said she bolted up out of bed to help with the leash because SS put the dog on the bed - JS didn't want the dog to pee on the bed.

SS has never been known to walk the dog. He's never been known to do the laundry, either, but the roommate saw him doing laundry that day.

Was the dog story a potential cover for bed linen that needed washing?

Speculating, not presenting evidence. Just pondering aloud.

jmo
I'm of the belief that the dog simply sleeps on the bed. I know a lot of people that allow that and I can see JS being one of them. Because if you think about it, it would be rather stupid of him to do something to wake JS up when her daughter is dead and either somewhere still in the house, or slumped in the car outside. I think it was simply the first thing that came to his mind when he got caught where he shouldn't be.

I'm of the belief that the dog simply sleeps on the bed. I know a lot of people that allow that and I can see JS being one of them. Because if you think about it, it would be rather stupid of him to do something to wake JS up when her daughter is dead and either somewhere still in the house, or slumped in the car outside. I think it was simply the first thing that came to his mind when he got caught where he shouldn't be.
Interesting that for a good night's sleep, you kick out the daughter and keep the piddly dog.

MOO

Doesnt it? not to mention that he put that big dog on the bed to do it, when he knows the dog might pee on the bed? I wonder if anyone asked him if he actually took that dog for a walk and then checked to see if it was captured on the ring cameras around there. why would you leash him if you weren't going for a walk.? the alarm getting shut off bugged me, but im not sure im reading the report right or if someone hit snooze , let me find it. BRB
so what does this mean? did she hit snooze? and woke up and eventually and got out of bed at 9:19am or did someone else shut her alarm off? it says its consistent with her daily activities? what daily activities? . if she had to get up to take maddi to school, that was well before 9?

Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 2.11.13 PM.png

I cant remember which one of the pdf's this is in, I just took a screenshot a while ago. I will find the page number ASAP. just dont have time right now.

Last edited:
Interesting that for a good night's sleep, you kick out the daughter and keep the piddly dog.

MOO
and he woke her up anyway!! by allegedly trying to leash the dog. Maybe that was just her story to excuse why she said " I saw maddie" in the morning so she corrected it by saying "I heard someone in the kitchen< I didnt actually see her," "I misremembered" and if someone questioned how she heard it if her alarm wasnt set to go off till 9 am , she can say, " well Stephan came in to leash the dog"
The Shell Game, I hope Netflix makes a movie and calls it that. If they do then @Megnut can take the credit.

Last edited:
I'm not buying the leash story, but maybe he did secure the dog so the dog wouldn't react to a deceased body being carried out?? Never thought of that.

Was SS ever asked about walking the dog during his interrogations?

jmo
I dont recall him being asked if he walked the dog. however, the roommate who leaves early, <modsnip> said: the dog typically sleeps on the couch....she usually sees him on the couch, but cant say for sure this morning because in her mind's eye thats where he would be, but she didnt take notice to say for sure.

she wakes up at 6:45am, does her morning routine. her son doesnt come downstairs until they are ready to leave. did she fix lunches that morning? yes. she says she fixes lunches about 7:35-40 and goes right out the door by 7:45. she says she didnt even think Madeline was home that nite and had no idea that SS was there that nite. weird?

whats interesting is this roommate was in the kitchen making lunches at 7:35-7:40 and out the door with her son by 7:45am. SS has already been to the dumpster when she left the house. seems like he was waiting to come back in after she left in her car? pretty close timeline of him not being seen at all by her or her son. she also didnt notice JS's car because typically JS parks in the handicapped spot, but a van has been parked there. she didnt remember seeing the lincoln there and never saw it before, so it wouldnt stand out as a car he was driving, only the honda would.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mind goes a little darker in that JS said she bolted up out of bed to help with the leash because SS put the dog on the bed - JS didn't want the dog to pee on the bed.

SS has never been known to walk the dog. He's never been known to do the laundry, either, but the roommate saw him doing laundry that day.

Was the dog story a potential cover for bed linen that needed washing?

Speculating, not presenting evidence. Just pondering aloud.

jmo
The way Madeline was propped up in the car is very telling. MOO

JS said the dog is not allowed on the bed because s/he urinates when on the bed. Of course, I don't know if she is lying, but it is one thing I think might be true.

jmo

I dont recall him being asked if he walked the dog. however, the roommate who leaves early, <modsnip> said: the dog typically sleeps on the couch....she usually sees him on the couch, but cant say for sure this morning because in her mind's eye thats where he would be, but she didnt take notice to say for sure.

she wakes up at 6:45am, does her morning routine. her son doesnt come downstairs until they are ready to leave. did she fix lunches that morning? yes. she says she fixes lunches about 7:35-40 and goes right out the door by 7:45. she says she didnt even think Madeline was home that nite and had no idea that SS was there that nite. weird?

whats interesting is this roommate was in the kitchen making lunches at 7:35-7:40 and out the door with her son by 7:45am. SS has already been to the dumpster when she left the house. seems like he was waiting to come back in after she left in her car? pretty close timeline of him not being seen at all by her or her son. she also didnt notice JS's car because typically JS parks in the handicapped spot, but a van has been parked there. she didnt remember seeing the lincoln there and never saw it before, so it wouldnt stand out as a car he was driving, only the honda would.
I agree. That tight timing would be hard to choreograph let alone leave to luck for the killer to remove a body under a roommate's nose. Honestly I am baffled that such a slug was able to pull it off. It took some hustle to get that done and I don't see an ounce of hustle in him.

jmo

I agree. That tight timing would be hard to choreograph let alone leave to luck for the killer to remove a body under a roommate's nose. Honestly I am baffled that such a slug was able to pull it off. It took some hustle to get that done and I don't see an ounce of hustle in him.

jmo
He could pull it off with a ride or die accomplice. MOO

JS said the dog is not allowed on the bed because s/he urinates when on the bed. Of course, I don't know if she is lying, but it is one thing I think might be true.

jmo

I think she said they don't put the leash on the dog when he's on the bed because he pees when they put the leash on him.

IIRC SS never mentioned the dog leash incident. And I agree that the whole story is suspect if for no other reason than I can't picture SS taking the initiative to do anything.

I think she said they don't put the leash on the dog when he's on the bed because he pees when they put the leash on him.

IIRC SS never mentioned the dog leash incident. And I agree that the whole story is suspect if for no other reason than I can't picture SS taking the initiative to do anything.
Aha - it's the leash that causes the puddles. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm putting way too much thought into it, but the logistics in the house from Sunday night to Monday still aren't falling into place.

We've got a potentially pee'ing dog on the bed with a leash and a man who seems out of it most of the time but woke up early to walk the dog (though he never mentions that to LE), and to take a 13yo who also has a hard time waking up to a McDonald's breakfast before school even though he already killed her, and then later does the laundry for the first time ever....while the mother of the teen did went for a blood draw and nothing else? None of it makes sense.

When did he do the wash?

jmo

Im still dialing stuff back. saying this after having seen the pics:

JS: can I make one decision now and change my mind later... if I decide not to press charges now could I change my mind and press charges later?

now, can you imagine the detectives listening to her??????? its a jaw dropper.....esp when she says:

JS: I'm I know that the sexual sexual acts happened but I'm not convinced that he didn't take her to school I'm not convinced that he's the reason she's gone cuz if this had been going on for so long..what's the motive why Monday why that day why the day after her birthday when we were supposed to spend the entire week together and have such a great time like we we had plans like we knew we were just going to be together that week we were going to have a good time so I just can't think like why

whatttttttttt? so now she is resigned to yeah, the 'sexual acts happened', instead of being OUTRAGED this is SEXUAL ABUSE! and more concerned with in her mind, its two separate issues, the 'sexual acts' and her missing. she wants proof he didnt take her to school to reconcile they are connected. and her previous reason for him coming there, to help because of her work schedule. and goodness knows she's not very mobile all day AND Madeline would be in school all day, all week. so what good time all week was she anticipating?

she is so full of Sh8%. and appears to live in an alternate reality. one where she thinks everyone else is living where a teen is ok sleeping alone in the same bed as her previous BF, and the SA, to press charges or not press charges (OMG), and now her daughter is missing and LE is confident she is deceased, and she wants the two issues to be viewed separately?????????

What exactly does she do to earn income? Anybody know if it's a remote job? Does she work from home?

When did he do the wash?
After disposing of her body IMO. That's for darn sure when I'd do it.

Pg 54 of SOURCE:

The next time she [roommate] seen Stephan was around 1330 to 1400 hours, and Stephan was washing clothes.

Although for the life of me... I can't make the roommate's timeline above work with when he was helped changing his tire.

Pg 17 of 896: CALLER ADV HE AN HIS WIFE WAS HEADED BACK HOME AROUND 1415-1515 HOURS AND ADV MALE WAS STILL AT LOCATION AND A YOUNG MALE WITH NATURAL RED HAIR WAS PARKED BEHIND HIM AND HELPING SUSP CHANGE TIRE

ugghI SS just gross/nose blind to his own stink, stubborn and trying to exert control in a place he has none, or scared of showers because - prison horror stories?
Sounds like it might not be a new thing for him not to want to shower. On the positive side... he's saving water. :)

Pg 34 of 896: Stephan stated he had not changed clothes since the previous morning and did not believe he had showered either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back