Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pre-nup ? Maybe not as Robert said she owns 25% of the plane.

Seems strange for a plane to be owned by 4 people, 3 of which are blood relatives and one is not.

How on earth would they ever work out the logistics of using the plane in a divorce if she retained a 1/4 share?
She, especially, seems like the type of person to try to tie up it's use in every holiday or birthday, every child's vacation time, and such.

I have a feeling her use of the plane to make visits to her lover in the Bahamas was inconveniencing everyone and she probably wanted this asset as much as the homes or $$$. Perhaps she though if he mysteriously died, she'd get his half share and be able to commandeer it for a majority of the time. A huge status symbol for her in The Bahamas and a huge status symbol for the boyfriend, too.

Oh, I just re-read the description of the police incident.

RS and the children and LS were to ALL fly to Abacos Islands in The Bahamas where the Shiver-family would stay at the estate there that was owned by RS's parents. I had misstakenly thought she was going alone.

However, prior to the call to LE, she told him she was going, but was not going to stay with RS and the children, but was going to stay with her BF.

No wonder RS was upset. That is so vulgar and thoughtless. What on earth was she doing to her children? Forcing them to be in the middle of this separation and divorce, flaunting her affair to humiliate her husband.

Clearly at that point they should not have both been living in the primary family house, or taking vacations "together".

Seems strange for a plane to be owned by 4 people, 3 of which are blood relatives and one is not.

How on earth would they ever work out the logistics of using the plane in a divorce if she retained a 1/4 share?
She, especially, seems like the type of person to try to tie up it's use in every holiday or birthday, every child's vacation time, and such.

I have a feeling her use of the plane to make visits to her lover in the Bahamas was inconveniencing everyone and she probably wanted this asset as much as the homes or $$$. Perhaps she though if he mysteriously died, she'd get his half share and be able to commandeer it for a majority of the time. A huge status symbol for her in The Bahamas and a huge status symbol for the boyfriend, too.
I really wonder if by the time the divorce was filed and her counter filing, if she had given real serious thought about things like this. Even if she had been awarded 1/4 of the plane in the divorce, it wouldn't do her much good. Keeping and operating a plane like that is very expensive. Hanger fees, fuel, pilots, insurance. She would never be able to afford it so she would need to sell her share or let him have it all. Either way she was going to lose that part of her lifestyle. Maybe she suddenly realized all that after the incident in the garage with the police and then realized "if he DIES, then I get it all." Up until then she had just been having fun: husband and a bf. If she wanted to be with the bf, so be it, get a divorce, but she looses the lifestyle. But she wanted to have her cake and eat it too.

RS and the children and LS were to ALL fly to Abacos Islands in The Bahamas where the Shiver-family would stay at the estate there that was owned by RS's parents. I had misstakenly thought she was going alone.

However, prior to the call to LE, she told him she was going, but was not going to stay with RS and the children, but was going to stay with her BF.

No wonder RS was upset. That is so vulgar and thoughtless. What on earth was she doing to her children? Forcing them to be in the middle of this separation and divorce, flaunting her affair to humiliate her husband.

Clearly at that point they should not have both been living in the primary family house, or taking vacations "together".

I thought I heard her say she was going to Key West with the BF but maybe I heard wrong.

If LS is successfully prosecuted for conspiracy to commit murder she's is in a world of hurt. I'd love for someone to explain the Bahamas laws regarding this.

Sometimes, people who get their cake and eat it too... find themselves choking.

jmo

My understanding is that she was going to Key West with BF and thought she could just take the private plane. When she found out he was using the plane to go to the Bahamas, she changed her plans to fly to the Bahamas with him and the children, but would then go from there to Key West (probably using the private plane). He refused to be a part of her plan and refused to allow her to fly with him and the kids. This upset her - he was definitely in the right for saying no!

I think the original plan was she was to go to Key West and meet up with her boyfriend for a
Couples weekend.

Seems at the last minute Key West was scratched and she decided to go and be with the the boyfriend for a couples weekend instead in the Bahamas.

Robert Shiver denied shoving his wife and told cops that she had previously planned to go on a trip with her boyfriend to Key West, Florida, while he was taking his sons to the Bahamas. But now his wife wanted to join them in the Bahamas where she would hang out with her boyfriend.

“And I told her I’m not supporting that,” he said.

He wanted her off the private Bahamas flight. She wanted on.

“It’s just an hour on an airplane with our kids,” Lindsay Shiver said. She maintained her husband was “just being extremely difficult.”

Yes.

IMO, Lindsay was hitching a ride to the Bahamas to pick up her boyfriend. Then, she and her boyfriend were taking the plane to Key West for their planned couples trip.

Thank you for clarifying this. This is even more crass and vulgar and clearly meant to humiliate husband RS, without consideration of the interests of the children.

Everything I've read says that Terrence Bethel is of Bahamian nationality.

So BoyFriend would need a US VISA or a US passport to enter the US at Key West, Florida.

As The Bahamas are not a territory of the US, their citizens cannot enter the US under the Visa Waiver Program and need a US VISA most likely a B1/B2 tourism VISA. That has to be obtained at a US consulate. It can be valid for some time period of up to entries of 180 days.

I'm not sure I see LS as being organized enough to have thought about this problem.

Thank you for clarifying this. This is even more crass and vulgar and clearly meant to humiliate husband RS, without consideration of the interests of the children.

Everything I've read says that Terrence Bethel is of Bahamian nationality.

So BoyFriend would need a US VISA or a US passport to enter the US at Key West, Florida.

As The Bahamas are not a territory of the US, their citizens cannot enter the US under the Visa Waiver Program and need a US VISA most likely a B1/B2 tourism VISA. That has to be obtained at a US consulate. It can be valid for some time period of up to entries of 180 days.

I'm not sure I see LS as being organized enough to have thought about this problem.
BBM I think her husband is the planner and coordinator for the family, just based on that video. The lack of care about her kids and what this is doing to them is really telling.

BBM I think her husband is the planner and coordinator for the family, just based on that video. The lack of care about her kids and what this is doing to them is really telling.

Absolutely.

I wonder if she took the kids on every trip she made to vist BoyFriend prior to RS discovering the affair or if she made trips alone.

And he may have an assistant of sorts who coordinates his work commitments. This person may also help book some of his personal trips or use of the jet. Usually, wealthy people have a "life manager" of some sort that manages the home, social schedule and travel.

And he may have an assistant of sorts who coordinates his work commitments. This person may also help book some of his personal trips or use of the jet. Usually, wealthy people have a "life manager" of some sort that manages the home, social schedule and travel.
Agree! I have wondered if the other portion of plane ownnership is with a work partner

Do "Life Managers" take out the garbage and take the car in to get the tires rotated?

-Asking for a friend-

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Who_knows_18