Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The texts must have been pretty specific and somewhat urgent. I don't see Bahamian police arresting a wealthy American woman without pretty good evidence.
Do you think bail was high or low? All 3 are out now so they are not too worried about them doing anything now. Conspiracy likely easier to prove than the actual possibility they could/would actually pull it off. Just seems weird all the way around IMO.

Do you think bail was high or low? All 3 are out now so they are not too worried about them doing anything now. Conspiracy likely easier to prove than the actual possibility they could/would actually pull it off. Just seems weird all the way around IMO.
I have no idea on the bail amount, I have no reference point on what bail is in the Bahamas. They have ankle monitors and I assume no passports. Sure they could cut a monitor off and hop on a boat to anywhere in the Caribbean, but I doubt she does that. The target is alerted to the alleged hit, so there is likely no immediate danger. Again, I dont know what conspiracy laws look like in Bahamas. But I am sure they still have to show an actual plot and intent. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see this pled down to something else less serious. She could say she was just upset, didn't mean it, they could say the same, just playing along with her, etc.

Last edited:
I have no idea on the bail amount, I have no reference point on what bail is in the Bahamas. They have ankle monitors and I assume no passports. Sure they could a monitor off and hop on a boat to anywhere in the Caribbean, but I doubt she does that. The target is alerted to the alleged hit, so there is likely no immediate danger. Again, I dont know what conspiracy laws look like in Bahamas. But I am sure they still have to show an actual plot and intent. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see this pled down to something else less serious. She could say she was just upset, didn't mean it, they could say the same, just playing along with her, etc.
BBM. I think you are right and that is what will happen. The damage she has done is to herself and her relationship with her children is incredibly sad.

JMO

Violating or damaging the ankle monitor is the fastest way to violate the bail conditions and return you to jail. It would certainly also taint the defense of the perp(s).

She would certainly be caught if she was trying to sneak back into the US.

BBM. I think you are right and that is what will happen. The damage she has done is to herself and her relationship with her children is incredibly sad.

JMO
Exactly. I guess it really depends on what the Bahamian police learned. If there is good evidence I could see the Bahamas pushing this prosecution forward and throwing the book at them. They certainly do not want their nation known as a place where this type of lawlessness happens. If the evidence isn't that good, then they may plea it down. I don't know how that works there. I have been to the Bahamas many times, but have zero experience with the criminal justice system there.

What are Mr. Shivers thoughts? Will he feel safe visiting the Bahamas after this? Lindsay, after she serves whatever sentence she gets, could very well be banned from entry to the Bahamas. And if I were her bf and his buddy, I'd steer clear of the US for a while. So, if she wants to continue that romance, they will have to take that somewhere else.

Last edited:
Exactly. I guess it really depends on what the Bahamian police learned. If there is good evidence I could see the Bahamas pushing this prosecution forward and throwing the book at them. They certainly do not want their nation knows as a place where this type of lawlessness happens. If the evidence isn't that good, then they may plea it down. I don't know how that works there. I have been to the Bahamas many times, but have zero experience with the criminal justice system there.

What are Mr. Shivers thoughts? Will he feel safe visiting the Bahamas after this? Lindsay, after she serves whatever sentence she gets, could very well be banned from entry to the Bahamas. And if I were her bf and his buddy, I'd steer clear of the US for a while. So, if she wants to continue that romance, they will have to take that somewhere else.

The BoyFriend and his buddy are Bahamian nationals.

They would need a US VISA to enter the US. Their arrest in The Bahamas will completely negate them ever entering the US unless they were completely exonerated. If they even have Bahamian passports to start with.

The BoyFriend and his buddy are Bahamian nationals.

They would need a US VISA to enter the US. Their arrest in The Bahamas will completely negate them ever entering the US unless they were completely exonerated. If they even have Bahamian passports to start with.
I wonder where that leaves RS. Doesn't his family have a home on the island? The boyfriend and his friend live there. Can RS and his children ever really feel safe there anymore?

I wonder where that leaves RS. Doesn't his family have a home on the island? The boyfriend and his friend live there. Can RS and his children ever really feel safe there anymore?
That is a good question. The Bahamas is a very safe country, but I wouldn't blame him if he does't feel safe there now. If I were him, I would stay away from the Bahamas at least until after the divorce is finalized and the criminal charges against LS are dealt with.

I read somewhere ? … that the home in the Bahamas is on the market. I just can’t recall where I read it. If I can find it I’ll post it.

Homicide rate in the Bahamas is just over 29 (rate per 100,000 deaths). The U.S. has a rate of 6.8 (which is higher than it was 5 years ago and of course 3X higher than, say, UK - which has a rate of only 1 death per 100,000 being a murder - one of the world's lowest rates). Japan has 0.2 (yep, that's point-2) making it the least murderous of the highly populated nations (naturally, the Vatican/Holy See often has a 0 as an annual rate, but it's rather a different situation).

Of 205 nations with reported data, Bahamas has the 11th highest homicide rate. The region defined as "Caribbean/Central America) has 8 out of the top 10 slots of this list, with murder rates as high as 52.1 (Jamaica, which often leads the list, but has had a bump-up over the last 5 years as well).

Mexico has a rate of 28.2 (I believe that's down slightly over the past couple of years, it has had higher rates in the past - especially in the 20th century). So basically, Bahamas and Mexico are about equal - with about 4-5X higher rates than the US and 30X that of UK.

For our friends down under, you can be proud of Australia's 0.7 rate of intentional homicide.

Watched the vid ...

Let me see if I have this right - RS took the kids to see HER parents, was on the way home, and LS thought RS was going to leave the kids with his parents instead of taking them home. Unless they had some legal visitation arrangement on 4/30, who cares ? Do they not get to see both sets of GPs ?

LS seemed calm with the officers, but if the threatening texts are true, she's got some serious issues. LS also mentions that RS's parents and sister all have mental issues. RS's mother mentions that LS took off for the Bahamas the previous weekend and might be on drugs. Wow. The plot may thicken as we learn more.

Poor kids and I wonder if LS's parents are concerned with her mental health.

Watched the vid ...

Let me see if I have this right - RS took the kids to see HER parents, was on the way home, and LS thought RS was going to leave the kids with his parents instead of taking them home. Unless they had some legal visitation arrangement on 4/30, who cares ? Do they not get to see both sets of GPs ?

LS seemed calm with the officers, but if the threatening texts are true, she's got some serious issues. LS also mentions that RS's parents and sister all have mental issues. RS's mother mentions that LS took off for the Bahamas the previous weekend and might be on drugs. Wow. The plot may thicken as we learn more.

Poor kids and I wonder if LS's parents are concerned with her mental health.
Its my understanding they are concerned for LS mental health. The officer talked to her mother on the phone, and he said she confirmed that LS sent a threatening text concerning RS and his parents. He advised them to turn it in to city police because they live in the city. I wonder if they did that and if any actions were taken.

I’m seriously wondering if LS is undiagnosed bipolar or something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back