Balcony?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nom de plume,
In front of the door, but the intruder exited by that door, so how come the chair was located in front?

Did the intruder reach back and position the chair, or was JR down in the basement earlier and made a memory error?

I understand the "in front of the door" part, but INSIDE the room or OUTSIDE the room? It must have been outside because the only exit was the window and how could JR or anyone put it in front of the door on the inside and then get out without crawling through the window? If it was outside the room then that should nix that as an exit for the "intruder". I'm presuming the door opens INTO the room, not OUT of the room like the WC did.

1) The balxony door was locked from inside the home

2) When BPD opened the balcony door there were no footprints on the balcony. When the officer walked on the balcony to take pictures, his were the only footprints left there. There was no evidence of anyone being there prior to the BPD officer. As you said though, very strange on JR's part.

3) FW did open the wince cellar door and looked in to a room that was pitch black. The light switch in the wine cellar was not at a standard height, but was down very low on the wall, to the right side of the door. If I am not mistaken it was said to be at approx. knee height.

4) 11:00 seems to be a very important time in JR's mind. :waitasec:

Regarding the chair in front of the train room door:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6192587"]The Wine Cellar - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

didn't he tell someone in the family (his daughters bf?) that JB was found at 11?

His son JAR and SL, Melinda's at that time fiance.

Man, I made a lot of typos in my last post, glad you knew what I meant. :floorlaugh:

Regarding the chair in front of the train room door:
The Wine Cellar - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you cynic! I'm still a little confused though. If the door opens into the room, as one normally would and as the diagram shows in your post #129, it's easy to pull a chair up to it from inside the room then close the door. No big magic trick there. JR makes it sound like the door opens out, like the WC door, and that the "intruder" had to close the door and then reach through it to pull the chair up. I dunno. Guess it doesn't really matter either way. Just one of the details I missed along the way and never quite understood.

Something else that's always bothered me. Why did JR admit to breaking that window? Why not say the "intruder" broke it to get in? That would have served the R's purposes much better. In effect, he was ruling out the most obvious means of entry and exit. It seems at cross purposes.

T

Something else that's always bothered me. Why did JR admit to breaking that window? Why not say the "intruder" broke it to get in? That would have served the R's purposes much better. In effect, he was ruling out the most obvious means of entry and exit. It seems at cross purposes.

My guess is that he told a few people the summer before when he broke it. IMO if you do something crazy like lock yourself out and then undress to crawl down a window well to kick in a window and climb in--well that is a story that might circulate around.
I also love the fact that (in the interview) he keeps saying "he thinks" that he broke the window and crawled through. How do you forget that?

Possibly his prints were on some of the broken pieces?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back