GUILTY Bali - Bali Nine, Australians arrested for heroin trafficking, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not quite sure - but I think the families had to fight their way through all that media scrum, and then were not allowed to see their loved ones?

Surely not though?

That's saying a lot for a Texan :wink:

Ha! Thanks for the laugh, margarita. And you are correct, it goes against everything I grew up believing in. I never in a million years thought I would have a change of heart about the death penalty. But it's just harrowing to think that innocent people have been put to death because of faulty DNA evidence, from the FBI at that. (Sorry to get O/T here, everyone).

Emirates, I have recently read Hotel Kerobokan. It is a page-turner and quite illuminating to say the least.

I know Snoods, truly mind blowing. A "True Story" (pretty sure that is the name) about Schapelle Corby written by the same author is a doozer as well. She was a cash cow for all at Kerobokan, the guards would take money from the tourists for an introduction. They wanted her to stay as long as possible.

We are lighting two candles tonight, and our house will remain quiet as our thoughts flow to Andrew and Myuran … to wish them godspeed, and strength amongst all this adversity.

They have done all they can to reform and pay penance for their mistakes. They have spent the last 10 years doing only good for their fellow man.

A quieter place is waiting for them – where they can paint and pray and feel calm and beauty.

Their spirits will live on. They will never be forgotten.

2ly4ght.png

http://www.news.com.au/world/bali-n...alt-another-blow/story-fndir2ev-1227190042710

Beautiful words SA.

MANILA, Philippines - A non-government organization advocating children's rights in Southeast Asia joined the call to save Filipino Mary Jane Veloso who is now facing execution for illegal drugs in Indonesia.

The Association for the Rights of Children in Southeast Asia (ARCSEA) expressed its support for Veloso and her family as the Filipino awaits for Indonesian authorities to impose the death penalty by firing squad this afternoon.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2...-rights-group-join-call-save-mary-jane-veloso

Attachments

• Mary-Jane-Veloso-Indonesia-Death-row.jpg
    Mary-Jane-Veloso-Indonesia-Death-row.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 52
Been keeping half an eye on this case and it's now making headline news over here. I feel sickened really, I mean, we all know the DP is a possibility in Indo, but it sounds like many other people have been let off for (in my opinion) far worse crimes. Stinks of hypocrisy.

Special thoughts to all your Aussies who've had this case in your hearts for so long. We can only hope for some kind of miracle....

Maybe our different time zones are confusing me. I don't know.

I feel very sorry for the families with all this chaos. :(

Can't be right executing someone whose nationality is unknown so their country hasn't had a chance to make submissions, surely?

Agence France-Presse (@AFP) tweeted at 10:29am - 28 Apr 15:

#INFOGRAPHIC Indonesia gears up for executions, including 2 of the "Bali Nine," Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan @AFP pic.twitter.com/WUQqtE2Q2L (https://twitter.com/AFP/status/592968825093632000?s=17)

Attachments

• CDql88iW8AExxFp.jpg
    CDql88iW8AExxFp.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 49
Zwiebel, nothing surprises me in all of this. Andrew and Myuran still have another appeal date on May 12. So how can they execute them after midnight tonight? Makes no sense.

Vigils are being held around the country tonight ... Martin Place in Sydney, in Brisbane, outside the Indonesian embassy in Canberra.....
Hundreds of people have gathered, along with Human Rights representatives, to hold vigil throughout the night.

The Guardian has rolling coverage, and has now published statements from Andrew and Myuran's families. It sounds as if they have left Nusakambangan, for the final time. :(

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...han-myuran-sukumaran-executed-indonesia-mercy

Indonesia's judicial commission has maintained it has completed its investigation into bribery allegations involving the judges who sentenced Bali nine pair Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran to death, despite conducting no interviews with witnesses.
That means they have just started the investigation," he said. "They still need to question all these key people. Both Rifan and of course Sukumaran and Andrew Chan."

(Sukumaran & Chan won't be there)!!

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bali-ni...d-by-judicial-commission-20150428-1mv3sq.html

"Joko Widodo tonight you will kill two good men, my friends. I want you to know that you may take their freedom and their lives, you may rob their fellow inmates of the support and love that both men have offered for so long, you can turn off Myu’s imagination but you will never kill the memory of them. I have promised Myu and Andrew, their parents and their siblings, that I will fight against the death penalty for the rest of my life.

I can also assure you that Myu and Andrew will care for the other inmates you will execute tonight. The six men and one young woman from the Philippines, Ghana, Brazil and Nigeria will have two constant, calming and compassionate voices beside them right until the last second. Myuran will continue to translate your executioner’s words into English for Mary Jane Veloso and Andrew will calm and console. I know that before the sound of your guns the island will hear the comforting whisper of Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan."

- Ben Quilty

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...han-myuran-sukumaran-executed-indonesia-mercy

Julie Bishop, our Foreign Minister, on The Project right now .... tears in her eyes.

- She has not been given any official notification from the Indonesian govt when they are going to carry out the executions.
- She has heard through the media that the families have left the prison.
- She fears the worst for Andrew and Myuran.
- She has spoken with their families, they are distraught.
- 10 years ago their sons made terrible mistakes. I believe they have paid for their mistakes, and they should be given a second chance.
- We have done everything we can. If Indonesia refuses to listen to our pleas, our representations, then it is not due to our lack of trying.
- It is a ghastly process that the families are being subjected to.
- Short of an intervention now by the Indonesian president, and he has the power to do that, I fear the worst.
- Imagine if it was your son, brother, loved one, that had gone off the rails 10 years ago, but has gone to prison and has rehabilitated themselves and other prisoners.

- Ch 10

Devoted ... Andrew Chan with Febyanti Herewila, who he married on the eve of his execution

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 46

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members