GUILTY Bali - Bali Nine, Australians arrested for heroin trafficking, 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are some people who are too busy to mourn; the Australians, Brazilian and Filipino teams in Nepal, desperately searching for missing Indonesia citizens, and others.

Indonesia, meanwhile is busy deliberately killing those nationals' citizens. The contrast is telling, and awful.

Yes I read that too. This article describes a trek to the place of execution. Its like they tried very hard to make the whole experience as chilling and frightening as they possibly could.

I wouldn;t walk calmly to my death. I'd try to take out someone's eye.

The deaths of course were preventable. The AFP should never have shopped them and having done so they should have done everything in their power to overturn this outcome. But they didn’t because their writ is to deal with the corrupt Indonesian police, naval and army personnel to prevent boats coming to Australia.

They are embedded; they are almost part of the system. We need to know why the AFP shopped the nine. The involvement of the AFP in these executions needs investigation.

Chan and Sukumaran are victims of an incomplete and flawed relationship that Australia maintains with Indonesia.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...igated-over-role/story-fnihsmjt-1227325907479

*I don't know what AFP stands for, but it's not Associated French Press, the news agency.

Remind me again what happened to the Bali bombers? You know, those terrorists who killed over 200 people? What? Some of them are actually walking free you say?

It's Australian Federal Police probably, thinking about it.

The Philippines department of foreign affairs has confirmed to reporters that Mary Jane Veloso was not executed along with the other prisoners tonight.

The reprieve is said to be a temporary one, however.

Earlier today, the Philippines government sent an “extremely urgent” letter to the Indonesian attorney-general asking for a “suspension of execution of the death sentence”.

This followed news that Maria Kristina Sergio, the woman who allegedly recruited Veloso as a (she says unwitting) drugs courier, apparently handed herself into police in the Philippines.

Reports tonight say Veloso’s death sentence has been postponed so that she can act as a witness in any trial of Sergio.

I hope she can do a deal - freedom in return for testifying against the people responsible. Otherwise, are they seriously saying they'll just keep her alive long enough to take more prisoners?
If so, that is cruel beyond belief.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/li...han-myuran-sukumaran-executed-indonesia-mercy

Good for Indonesia. I fully support the death penalty for drug dealers. Good call on not executing the Filipina, it does sound like she was more of a victim of her circumstances, trying to survive more than making a quick buck on other people's misery.

Good for Indonesia. I fully support the death penalty for drug dealers. Good call on not executing the Filipina, it does sound like she was more of a victim of her circumstances, trying to survive more than making a quick buck on other people's misery.

Where do you stand on those creating the demand for these drugs, ie the drug users and addicts? Those people who voluntarily took drugs knowing they were illegal? Without users, there would be no demand for drug dealers. I never understand how one group are always portrayed as victims, when in my eyes are equally responsible for the drugs trade.

I don't agree with the death penalty for drugs dealers, particularly because a lot of them are desperately poor people, who are often set up or used by others to make money. And I don't agree with the death penalty in a country where those people with money can buy their way out of it.

These 8 executions won't make a single bit of difference in the so called "drugs war", neither will they stop others from taking the risk. All it has achieved is a lot of pain to their families who were innocent in all this, and a lot of bad feeling towards Indonesia which may well suffer financially, which will hit the poorest of their people.

As for Mary Jane, it appears that she is only being kept alive temporarily in order to give evidence against the people who allegedly set her up. If she is executed after that, will you still support Indonesia and its death penalty?

Where do you stand on those creating the demand for these drugs, ie the drug users and addicts? Those people who voluntarily took drugs knowing they were illegal? Without users, there would be no demand for drug dealers. I never understand how one group are always portrayed as victims, when in my eyes are equally responsible for the drugs trade.

Those people are messed up by their choices already. I think being an addict is a punishment enough. It's not like they can stop taking drugs whenever they chose to. Dealers can stop, and they chose to harm other because they want money. Addicts are addicts.

Those people are messed up by their choices already. I think being an addict is a punishment enough. It's not like they can stop taking drugs whenever they chose to. Dealers can stop, and they chose to harm other because they want money. Addicts are addicts.

Actually they can. Or else there would never be a reformed drug addict, and there are plenty.

I am going to venture a guess that just as many people are addicted to the so-called "legal" drugs that prescribed everywhere on a regular basis. Can't convict big pharma on drug dealing charges however. Bottom line is people are self-medicating and have been doing so for a very, very long time. What happened today has nothing to do with Bali enforcing a "war on drugs". IMO it was around this newly elected government not wanting to appear ineffectual. Medium and low level drug runners are doing it for money to be sure but I don't think it is any different than the greed and absolute hypocrisy that is rampant in the Bali legal system.

:rose: Andrew Chan
:rose: Myuran Sukumuran
:rose: Rodrigo Gularte
:rose: Raheem Agbaje Salami
:rose: Silvester Obiekwe Nwolise
:rose: Martin Anderson
:rose: Zainal Abidin
:rose: Okwuduli Oyatanze.

Tonight my thoughts are with their families. I am conflicted about the death penalty for murderers and absolutely against it in any other circumstances.
Tonight isn't about those views though its about eight people who were murdered by the state of Indonesia without proper judicial review and it's not justice no no no. This is a terrible thing that happened just dreadful...

Does this mean we'll be withdrawing our ambassador from the USA too? Oh, we're not? Okie dokey then .. we are so full of BS it's embarrassing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253
Back