Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my own opinion.

I think there's the same co-dependency dynamics going on in this mother and daughter relationship as there would be in other kinds of abusive relationships. It takes therapy for both because most times one is the enabler allowing the behavior to continue for reasons that need to be examined.

Example - a spoiled child needs someone to spoil them. They don't get
there on their own.

As I said, JMO.

It's an incredibly sad situation. It seems that Heather lacked the discipline she needed, which resulted in increasingly out of control behavior. Her mother tried to give her a luxurious life, but it seems that Heather wanted or needed something different. She must have believed that if she murdered her mother, she would get away with it, and then she would have freedom, all the money, and that she could live the reckless life she wanted. If she lives to the age of 25 or 30, she might be able to understand what she did.

FYI: I alerted on yesterday's Timeline post, asked for it to be deleted and it has been. Will post an updated timeline soon which will include all the newly released info.

:tears: I'm lost without your Timeline. :dunno:

................................:panic:.........................

Paulette : your'e GOOD as a sleuth, I've been trying to work out the year backwards from the 44 weeks old photo, lol. Thanks mucho!:loveyou: Not to mention, a great deal of patience to skim through ALL those pages of police reports! I gave up on it. Did you see HM's dob on one of those police reports?
44 weeks ago (the photo on instagram) from a friend; would make it late October I thought.......she'd turn 19 then.

The 1st I heard was of photos posted 42 weeks ago, then 44 weeks ago & finally the lawyer Elkins said she wouldn't turn 19 for several months. Several is 3 or more, so I went with Nov. 22 - now that I have James birthday it might make more sense. I took 42 times 7 divided by 30 = 9.8. I've changed it 4 times already. (you must look at Nov. 23 1995)

You know, I find it bizarre that the police came out SO many times - often to serious physical abuse, which they recorded on their reports - and that no further action was ever taken by them.

I'm wondering if this was because the family had money? I'm wondering if the police had been called out to a poor neighbourhood with the same things happening - repeatedly - would they have just walked away? Or would they have got social services involved?

Just a thought.......

Brilliant! I want so bad to see the video image if Sheila in the Libby at that time. Either it was not her, or, the medical examiner is wrong. My gosh, it's like the movie and board game "Clue"!

I actually read in one report that the argument occurred in an elevator, so who knows the accuracy of anything. The other early morning spotting I thought was covered on a floor camera.

Wonder if Sheila took a sleeping pill. Some people wander around or wake up and eat while half asleep. Also wonder if she was drugged or encouraged to drink more than usual. I was hoping she didn't suffer knowing who was attacking her.

More I think about it, I'm afraid she was aware.
She tried to defend herself.

I actually think there was more going on behind the scenes than we know about. I know many have wondered why Sheila made countless calls for assistance, but didn't follow through with getting necessary help for HM (do we know that to be, in fact, true?). Her response that she wanted it "on record" seems like a piece of advice she received from a lawyer. ("Make sure you document everything."- something I heard.) It does appear to have been a very abusive relationship, and perhaps Sheila hadn't learned how to detach with love. Who knows? In the end, she may have been simply waiting for her to turn 18 and move out. We know how that worked out.

Sheila's brother made a short statement.

Woman found dead in Bali got $840,000 in a cruise line settlement
http://www.suntimes.com/29354459-76...in-a-cruise-line-settlement.html#.U_V_dsJ0zFO

"A second executor named in James Mack’s will — von Wiese-Mack’s brother, William Wiese — would only issue a written statement that said his family is “saddened and heartbroken.”

“We would also like to thank the Indonesian police, the FBI, the U.S. State Department and all the other people who are assisting in the quest for justice for our sister, Sheila,” Wiese wrote."

BBM

000201F9.gif
Quester.

Great work on THE TIMELINE.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ter-boyfriend-charged&p=10876802#post10876802

The other thing I've noticed is that the police repeatedly recommend that Sheila contact Thrive Counseling for Heather.

I just looked them up - they are a "comprehensive mental health center".

http://www.thrivecc.org/about_us.asp

And each time the police reports state "Sheila Mack refused the service".

I actually think there was more going on behind the scenes than we know about. I know many have wondered why Sheila made countless calls for assistance, but didn't follow through with getting necessary help for HM (do we know that to be, in fact, true?). Her response that she wanted it "on record" seems like a piece of advice she received from a lawyer. ("Make sure you document everything."- something I heard.) It does appear to have been a very abusive relationship, and perhaps Sheila hadn't learned how to detach with love. Who knows? In the end, she may have been simply waiting for her to turn 18 and move out. We know how that worked out.
RBBM

To my mind, this isn't much different than intimate partner violence. Countless victims have refused to press charges or seek assistance against their abuser only for the abuse to escalate, sometimes fatally. Laws really must change. The decision making process (to pursue charges) needs to be taken away from someone whose thought processes are already altered through having experienced long-term abuse. Part of the abuse dynamic itself is that the victim questions his/her reactions, sanity, intelligence, reasoning skills, critical thinking, etc.

It took me 10 years to gather the courage to leave my abuser...but I had the choice to leave. I can't imagine the pain and confusion of your own child repeatedly mistreating and abusing you. In my opinion, Heather should have been removed from the home years ago when the court could clearly ascertain Sheila was, for whatever reason (I'm leaning towards having been the recipient of long term abuse), not pursuing treatment for herself or her daughter - assuming those allegations are true. Far too much weight is given to parental rights and far too little is still understood about how abusive relationships work by those in authority who have the potential to make a difference.

All JMO

SouthAussie, I found where I read it. This comes directly from the Bali Police spokesperson. Now I'm confused but I can pray that, if she's found guilty, she allows a good loving person to care for her child. So now I wonder, is there an actual limit or can the child grow up in prison like this spokesperson says?

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/us-suspects-in-bali-suitcase-murder-on-suicide-watch-police

I can see how what the spokesperson said would be confusing, Jersey Girl .... and I have a feeling that the spokesperson was being a bit harsh and scary.

Inside Kerobokan prison, where HM can expect to be incarcerated, the rule is this apparently ....

"The Real Truth - Exclusive Look inside Kerobokan Prison [2012]

Inmate mothers who have given birth to babies during their incarceration are allowed to keep their babies in their cells, until approximately 6 months of age. Then their families take care of them since everyone agrees prison is no place for an innocent."

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/prison-indonesia03.html

"The body of a Chicago woman murdered and found stuffed in a suitcase on the island of Bali last week has been returned to the U.S., where a second autopsy will be conducted, her brother said Wednesday.

William Wiese told the Tribune the FBI accompanied his sister’s body back from Indonesia on a flight that arrived Wednesday at Dulles International Airport in Virginia. He said an autopsy will be performed at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.

Wiese said he suspects Schaefer showed up in Bali without his sister’s prior knowledge. The brother said von Wiese-Mack was excited about the trip when they last spoke.

“I think she was hoping it would be a fresh start for her and Heather,” he said. “She was such an optimist. She was forever trying to help that girl.”

Wiese said the family is planning a September memorial service in Chicago."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-bali-suitcase-murder-20140820-story.html

BBM

I can see how what the spokesperson said would be confusing, Jersey Girl .... and I have a feeling that the spokesperson was being a bit harsh and scary.

Inside Kerobokan prison, where HM can expect to be incarcerated, the rule is this apparently ....

"The Real Truth - Exclusive Look inside Kerobokan Prison [2012]

Inmate mothers who have given birth to babies during their incarceration are allowed to keep their babies in their cells, until approximately 6 months of age. Then their families take care of them since everyone agrees prison is no place for an innocent."

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/prison-indonesia03.html

:what: The men get to play tennis daily? I looked at this site early on in this case and don't know what to believe.
The pictures actually show the prison looking somewhat pleasant and clean. It may be way too good for these two.
Sorry, but I don't want to imagine TS playing tennis! Will HM learn to sew?
Please don't tell me they have a swimming pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member