GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm! HM what about those pesky text on how you two were going to kill your mother and guess what happen she died and you were in the room. They were going to take SM body to the consulate office, imo shows the stupidity and arrogance of someone who has lied & lied & lied her entire life and she will once again get away with lies.

HM needs to buy a better story. The next payment should be coming soon. Jmo

ciao

I think that is also lost in translation. She probably meant her mother was still fighting. To set up the self defence that Tommy is going to claim regarding the "choking".

MOO
“The blow was not so hard".......What????
If I recall correctly, the blows were so hard that they bashed part of Sheila's face in, obstructing her from breathing. Wondering what HM would consider to be a hard blow.
I hope TS's self-defense from choking nonsense gets laughed out of court!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-bali-suitcase-heather-mack-20150311-story.html

Meanwhile, in a Chicago courtroom Wednesday, Mack's civil attorney told a Cook County judge she may deliver her baby by C-section as early as Friday.
The baby girl, whom Mack plans to name Stella, had an anticipated due date of April 1.
"She is concerned," Geneva attorney Anthony Scifo said of Mack. "Obviously she wants to come back to the United States and she wants to raise her child."

Cook County Judge Neil Cohen on Wednesday released another nearly $44,000 from the trust to pay Mack's legal defense in Bali.

Cohen, earlier this year, set a $150,000 cap and required itemized bills before payment would be released.

So far, Mack's overseas attorney has been approved nearly $119,000.

I won't post HM's comments, but have a read (last part of citation). Don't do it if you have a weak stomach.

BTW...anyone here think that Favia will go to Bali to attend Stella's birth? Seems to me that it's the least she can do for the $126K she claims Stella owes her for her 'representation'.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-bali-suitcase-heather-mack-20150311-story.html

I won't post HM's comments, but have a read (last part of citation). Don't do it if you have a weak stomach.

BTW...anyone here think that Favia will go to Bali to attend Stella's birth? Seems to me that it's the least she can do for the $126K she claims Stella owes her for her 'representation'.

I'll do it, but be forewarned that a barf bag may be necessary.

"This constant unfounded allegations of corruption are annoying my lawyers, the judges, and the country in general," Mack said in the text message. "If indeed there is any proof of any wrongdoing, show it or shut up. Also continually insinuating that this country is unable to conduct a fair trial is equally damaging. Could you imagine what Judge Cohen would have to say if every report in the paper suggested he was corrupt and unfit to conduct a fair trial?"
She complimented her Bali attorney, Ary Soenardi, who she said "has worked tireless for me only to be accused of being unfit, unqualified to defend me in this case.

I'll do it, but be forewarned that a barf bag may be necessary.

"This constant unfounded allegations of corruption are annoying my lawyers, the judges, and the country in general," Mack said in the text message. "If indeed there is any proof of any wrongdoing, show it or shut up. Also continually insinuating that this country is unable to conduct a fair trial is equally damaging. Could you imagine what Judge Cohen would have to say if every report in the paper suggested he was corrupt and unfit to conduct a fair trial?"
She complimented her Bali attorney, Ary Soenardi, who she said "has worked tireless for me only to be accused of being unfit, unqualified to defend me in this case.

Sorry for the duplicate. It refuses to be deleted :(

Can nothing be done to shut her up? Is it ethical for the newspaper to keep accepting her texts?

And I guess they are trying to say the murder was justified because sheila supposedly said she was going to do something when there was no action taken by sheila to do this supposed thing?

And HM never tried to get her mother help or call for help in any way?

If she gets off, I hope there is some kind of international cry for justice.

Aside from all the other difficulties following this trial, I try to keep reminding myself that it's really all a sham anyway. I think it's perfectly clear to Soenardi and the prosecutor and judges that they will hear a pre-arranged set of lies. This isn't about justice or trying to get at the truth: it's about appearing to go through the motions when the outcome has already been bought and mostly paid for.

Wouldn't you think that most attorneys trying to follow this plan - TS takes the fall, HM and baby walk free - would suggest that the two keep apart, especially in front of the cameras. HM's so confident that she's going to get off that she's not worried about openly displaying affection for her mom's killer.

Is she still in 'robot' mode?

I would like to know when the talk about a C-section came up. Medically necessary? Or is HM really so ignorant that she thinks a C-section is preferable to natural childbirth?

And I guess they are trying to say the murder was justified because sheila supposedly said she was going to do something when there was no action taken by sheila to do this supposed thing?

And HM never tried to get her mother help or call for help in any way?

If she gets off, I hope there is some kind of international cry for justice.

Well if she gets off she does not have a passport so back to the US and into the arms of the FBI, one can only hope a case will be waiting. Idk the creaky wheels of justice are hard to understand sometimes when the victim becomes a side note. Jmo

ciao

The passport won't be a problem. Presumably their passports are currently in the hands of the police. When she's released, she'll either get the passport back or go to the embassy for a replacement. I think she'll have to get one for Stella anyway.

The most recent article is the first time I've seen her say (via Scifo) that she wants to return to the US with Stella. So much for loving Bali and planning to stay there. I wonder if TS realizes she's planning to book it back to the US as soon as she gets out?

We can only hope that when she gets back, she's greeted by the FBI (murder-for-hire) and SS (social security fraud for collecting survivor's benefits when she was no longer attending school). Hopefully, by then Cohen will no longer have an excuse for disregarding SWM's wishes regarding who should administer HM's trust.

Aside from all the other difficulties following this trial, I try to keep reminding myself that it's really all a sham anyway. I think it's perfectly clear to Soenardi and the prosecutor and judges that they will hear a pre-arranged set of lies. This isn't about justice or trying to get at the truth: it's about appearing to go through the motions when the outcome has already been bought and mostly paid for.

Wouldn't you think that most attorneys trying to follow this plan - TS takes the fall, HM and baby walk free - would suggest that the two keep apart, especially in front of the cameras. HM's so confident that she's going to get off that she's not worried about openly displaying affection for her mom's killer.

Is she still in 'robot' mode?

I would like to know when the talk about a C-section came up. Medically necessary? Or is HM really so ignorant that she thinks a C-section is preferable to natural childbirth?

C-sections can be invoiced for more $$$... Ka-ching, ka-ching. IMO

Somehow, I am doubtful that HM and Ary/Ray will be satisfied with just $150,000. It will be interesting to see what they do after the remaining $41,000 is paid...

Earlier this year, Cohen set a $150,000 cap and required itemized bills before payment would be released.
Cook County Judge Neil Cohen on Wednesday released another nearly $44,000 from the trust to pay Mack's legal defense in Bali
…. So far, Mack's overseas attorney has been approved nearly $119,000.

I really want to see how long Judge Cohen will keep Mackoff as trustee. I can't see any legal reason to do so after the trial is over. I can't imagine Mackoff really wants to spend the next ten years dealing with HM, but I could be wrong.

I imagine she's told TS she'll pay for appeals for him, but I don't see how she'll get the $$ out of Mackoff and she certainly won't get the $$ out of WW, if control of the trust is returned to him.

I agree, I can't see this playing out without Soenardi making another money grab.

The C-section costs way more than a natural birth, but that's legitimate. What isn't legitimate is Favia ball-parking a figure that is double or triple the usual rates, particularly when there's no medical reason to anticipate birth problems. Besides, the costs than can be hidden in a medical billing are chump change compared to the legal costs. Even Favia's grossly inflated prices are $15K for birth vs. $126K for 'representing' Stella.

I think HM is going to walk with 'time served' on the smallest charge, but wouldn't it be funny (in a very sad way) if the judges decided that was a little too obvious and slapped her with a 6-7 year sentence? HM would go ballistic and there would have to be an appeal ($$$). It's not impossible. Soenardi represented Julian Ponder, who openly bragged before his trial that he'd get off. He apparently doled out phenomenal amounts of money, but he also had a very very big mouth. In the end, he got six years and Soenardi told him not to appeal. If HM got a 6-7 year sentence, Soenardi would point out to her that 1) she likely would have gotten much more if she didn't have $$$ for Soenardi and 2) what can HM do - file a corruption complaint against Soenardi because she didn't get all the corruption she paid for?

I really want to see how long Judge Cohen will keep Mackoff as trustee. I can't see any legal reason to do so after the trial is over. I can't imagine Mackoff really wants to spend the next ten years dealing with HM, but I could be wrong.

I imagine she's told TS she'll pay for appeals for him, but I don't see how she'll get the $$ out of Mackoff and she certainly won't get the $$ out of WW, if control of the trust is returned to him.

I agree, I can't see this playing out without Soenardi making another money grab.

The C-section costs way more than a natural birth, but that's legitimate. What isn't legitimate is Favia ball-parking a figure that is double or triple the usual rates, particularly when there's no medical reason to anticipate birth problems. Besides, the costs than can be hidden in a medical billing are chump change compared to the legal costs. Even Favia's grossly inflated prices are $15K for birth vs. $126K for 'representing' Stella.

I think HM is going to walk with 'time served' on the smallest charge, but wouldn't it be funny (in a very sad way) if the judges decided that was a little too obvious and slapped her with a 6-7 year sentence? HM would go ballistic and there would have to be an appeal ($$$). It's not impossible. Soenardi represented Julian Ponder, who openly bragged before his trial that he'd get off. He apparently doled out phenomenal amounts of money, but he also had a very very big mouth. In the end, he got six years and Soenardi told him not to appeal. If HM got a 6-7 year sentence, Soenardi would point out to her that 1) she likely would have gotten much more if she didn't have $$$ for Soenardi and 2) what can HM do - file a corruption complaint against Soenardi because she didn't get all the corruption she paid for?

LOL... So absurd it is somehow laughable.

As usual, thanks for the updates and all posters insights. I get agitated, irritated, and downright angry following this and not knowing if corruption will win out over justice.

Gee Whiz, it depends on the various news articles whether SWM was killed because she complained about paying Tommy's hotel bill or that she threatened to do her fetus grandchild harm, but in either case these are LIES. Despite the confusion over it being a fruit bowl or a soup bowl handle he had hidden entering the room and used when he "didn't mean to hit her that hard", it was a WEAPON. Sheila never stood a chance.

I'm betting on those premeditation texts carrying this into a murder conviction for them both. HM says she didn't want her mother dead, but she sure talked about it beforehand. She's sounding way too confident though, and bribes and corruption may work miracles and wash her filthy, bloody hands clean. Not sure how Tommy will avoid at least fifteen years prison time.

Huh, why is there talk about her having a C-section? Pleease...not for more expenses to invoice!

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/03/12/bishop--offers-to-pay--for-bali-nine.html

Bishop says Australia will accept the costs for life imprisonment for AC and MS if they are spared. Relevance to HS/TM? See below. I hope someone points this out to Judge Cohen - does he really think an Australian Cabinet member would make an accusation like this in a life-or-death situation unless she was very very certain she knew what she was talking about? Under the circumstances - Bali's wounded pride - she has to be very sure indeed that the facts support her and the Indonesia government knows it.

Writing to her Indonesian counterpart Retno Marsudi earlier this month, Ms Bishop cites the alleged corruption of trial judges as one of the reasons why the Bali Nine pair should have their executions halted

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/03/12/bishop--offers-to-pay--for-bali-nine.html

Bishop says Australia will accept the costs for life imprisonment for AC and MS if they are spared. Relevance to HS/TM? See below. I hope someone points this out to Judge Cohen - does he really think an Australian Cabinet member would make an accusation like this in a life-or-death situation unless she was very very certain she knew what she was talking about? Under the circumstances - Bali's wounded pride - she has to be very sure indeed that the facts support her and the Indonesia government knows it.

And can I ever-so-politely also point out, that Julie Bishop is not only a cabinet member, but also our highly respected (by many of us) Foreign Minister – represents us at high-level UN meetings, was extremely instrumental in gaining access to the MH17 crash site (the Dutch even presented her with a much acclaimed, seldom given, medal for this), has set up beneficial (?) foreign exchange student programs with Indonesia to try to solidify a future stable relationship and understanding between our countries – and is often tipped to be elected as a future Prime Minister for our country, should she ever run for that position.

Story changing up a little again....

"The blow was not so hard ... and my mother was still resisting," Mack said. "I asked Tommy to stop and then I ran into the bathroom."
Mack said when she left the bathroom, she found Schaefer on the bed trying to give her artificial respiration.
"Tommy said my mother was not breathing," she said. Mack said she also tried to revive her but it didn't work.
She said they panicked and thought about either calling the police or taking the body in a suitcase to the U.S. Consulate. She did not explain why they did not do either one.
"We panicked and didn't know what to do," she said.

Mack answered "no" when the judge asked whether she wished her mother dead.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/woman-tells-indonesia-court-her-boyfriend-killed-her-mother-1.2274516

They were going to take the body to the U.S. Consulate? :floorlaugh:

And they both tried to give her "artificial respiration"? LMAO at the translation but I don't recall hearing that before. I thought HM got the blood all over her from hugging her dead mother.

I hope it's that last lie, that flies in the face of the premeditated texts between them, that seals her fate. I truly hope her $75,000 so far gets her nothing and that AS is just fleecing her.

MOO

BBM: That is all completely understandable. When you love your mother as much as Heather did, no point even thinking of urgently calling for medical help either. Nah, better to try to give her untrained artificial 'respiration' and then cart her off to the consulate. Unless the suitcase is too heavy of course, then you just dash off to the airport, end up bonking and sleeping in a motel instead, and demand to be taken to the consulate sans-mother when police catch you. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I suspect that if she had been handling this instead of Abbot from the beginning, we might not be where we are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18