GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so we now know that the prosecution is not asking for the death penalty. Time to send the baby back to the U.S. No need for her to be a life or death pawn at this point (not that there ever really was a risk of death penalty). I knew they'd never have to worry about that possibility and so did they. Which is why all the manipulation is pathetic, including the emails and phone calls to Judge Cohen to get Ary his bribe money. Did he even show up in court today?

So the prosecution is only asking for 15 and 18 years? Even with the texts discussing the best way to kill the victim and make it look like an accident? SMH

Did you check out the brief snippet of the other woman in the holding cell with HM doing her bidding? I guess that's pretty much what goes on inside the prison as well.

MOO

I also see that Kia is still there and Heather is still smoking.

r9etts.jpg

20u4f11.jpg

ww1bg2.jpg

:notgood:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...akes-newborn-Bali-COURT-prove-compassion.html

From what I gathered listening to the news here, the prosecutors did not go for the death penalty because of the baby, so Stella spared their lives. The horrible thing about it all is Stella might have been better off had they been sentenced to death :( She will meet her parents & their history as a teenager, sad.

It is possible the judges can still enforce the penalty from what reads.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03...not-seeking-death-penalty-for-chicago-couple/

The panel of judges could ignore the sentencing request and decide to impose the maximum, death by a firing squad, if it convicts them.

“The defendant has committed sadistic acts to her own mother,” chief prosecutor Eddy Arta Wijaya told the court at Mack’s trial. “However, we’ve decided to be lenient because she repeatedly expressed remorse and has a newborn baby.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-heather-mack-bali-murder-20150331-story.html

Indonesian prosecutors on Tuesday sought jail sentences of 18 years for an American man and 15 years for his girlfriend if they are found guilty in the slaying of the woman's mother...

Prosecutors told the court that Tommy Schaefer and Heather Mack, who appeared in court with their 2-week-old daughter, were guilty of premeditated murder. The panel of judges could ignore the sentencing request and decide to impose the maximum, death by a firing squad, if it convicts them.

"The defendant has committed sadistic acts to her own mother," chief prosecutor Eddy Arta Wijaya told the court at Mack's trial. "However, we've decided to be lenient because she repeatedly expressed remorse and has a newborn baby."

The defendants and their lawyers will respond to the prosecution's case next week, and verdicts are expected in late April.

At Tuesday's hearing, another prosecutor, Ni Luh Oka Ariani Adikarini, said testimony and evidence showed that Schaefer deliberately planned to kill the woman.

"There is no excuse for the deeds of the defendant," Adikarini said in recommending the court sentence Schaefer to 18 years in jail.

Prosecutors did not explain why they sought less than the maximum penalty for him.

There are some pictures I did not see posted yet. The ONLY thing I'm happy about is that HM's sentence request is close to TS's. I think 15 and 18 years is too little for them.

At this point, I am hoping for a guilty verdict for both. This way, the slayer rule will be invoked and the gravy train cut off. HM (and TS) would then be just another prisoner without funds, and that would be some kind of punishment. The prosecutors and judges have already been paid, so they have nothing else to gain by letting HM off, right??? Please tell me I'm right??

And why isn't some organization trying to get that baby out of there? There was an international group, Reprieve, helping TS in the beginning to help him avoid the death penalty for crying out loud?? Amnesty International where are you??

Here is a little more barf material from the updated article ... with the usual dab of manipulation, to keep the baby in that horrible place with her.

As she waited in the holding cell, Miss Mack said she and Schaefer were married 'in spirit'.
She said: 'He has made us a ring each to wear from his side of the prison.'

She added that she intended to continue breastfeeding for two years.
'In the US breastfeeding is for nine months but Stella will be longer.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...akes-newborn-Bali-COURT-prove-compassion.html

What????? She thinks breastfeeding stops at 9 months in the U.S.? What a silly remark.

UPDATE:

A 19-year-old mother burst into tears when the prosecutor demanded she spend 15 years in a Bali prison - but spared her the death penalty.

The Prosecution at Denpasar District Court has also demanded 18 years jail for Schaefer and tears rolled down his face when he heard the news through an interpreter.

So that's it?? Excuse me while I am sick on Shelia's behalf. Please, please tell me the panel can impose any sentence within the proscribed punishment...not that I have any faith they would do so.

ETA: Saw the answer up thread, I missed it at first.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-heather-mack-bali-murder-20150331-story.html

"The defendant has committed sadistic acts to her own mother," chief prosecutor Eddy Arta Wijaya told the court at Mack's trial. "However, we've decided to be lenient because she repeatedly expressed remorse and has a newborn baby."

The defendants and their lawyers will respond to the prosecution's case next week, and verdicts are expected in late April.

At Tuesday's hearing, another prosecutor, Ni Luh Oka Ariani Adikarini, said testimony and evidence showed that Schaefer deliberately planned to kill the woman.

"There is no excuse for the deeds of the defendant," Adikarini said in recommending the court sentence Schaefer to 18 years in jail.

Prosecutors did not explain why they sought less than the maximum penalty for him.[/B]

There are some pictures I did not see posted yet. The ONLY thing I'm happy about is that HM's sentence request is close to TS's. I think 15 and 18 years is too little for them.

Von Wiese-Mack's younger sister, Debbi Curran, told the Tribune the family is "extremely disappointed" with Indonesia's criminal justice process.
The recommended sentence is a complete and total injustice for a premeditated murder charge," Curran, of St. Louis, said Tuesday. "The evidence of premeditated murder is overwhelming. Our beloved Sheila was brutally murdered. We pray for justice for her."

My heart goes out to Sheila's family...

The sentence for HM was more lenient because she has expressed remorse? For what? She hasn't even admitted to doing anything. I guess that's 150 grand worth of remorse? She wouldn't even be able to fake remorse.

They couldn't even come up with a reason why they went lenient on TS. I can.

I guess we wait until April to see how much the judges were paid.

:notgood:

MOO

Could she be requesting money for this?

She said Stella had six fingers on her left hand and would need an operation.

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/h...er-of-her-mother/story-fnh81fz8-1227286822888

And where would this happen? In Bali with their world famous surgical teams and plastic surgeons?? :facepalm:

I'm wondering if Favia is now being sent in to go after money from the estate on Stella's behalf as well. Especially if they think there's a possibility that HM might do some time. No doubt that HM is choosing to keep Stella in jail to guarantee her monthly stipend for at least two years. Then she figures she'll pass the baby on to Kia and have her keep the money flowing by having Kia get money from the estate on Stella's behalf and send some on to her and Tommy. I think she's just hedging her bets right now. I still think she believes she'll walk. And I still want to know if she will then be charged in the US?

As for the "surgery", it needs to be done in the first few years for best results. "World Class Bali plastic surgeons" :floorlaugh:

MOO

:gaah:

Could she be requesting money for this? QUOTE]

I don't see that she has filed any other motion other than the one asking to vacate order and the only order that has been a response to her has been the one denying fees. The only thing that puzzles is the "certificate filed" which I presume is Stella's birth certificate, and I want to see just how they plan on making her a party.

I am too stunned to even come up with a response to the sixth finger. Since when has anybody needed an operation to remove extra digits? Desired to have one for cosmetic reasons yes, and unless I hear that the "extra" is twice as long and is getting in the way of everything Stella has to do because she is a wunderkind or it is endangering her health I am going to side eye, stink eye and every other kind of eye for anyone and all considering this now.

ETA: We have this defect on the maternal side and two different cousins presented it. One had surgery and the other did not. In their cases they were pretty much nubby stumps. I have no idea what and how all the various mutations this could take and am not going to google either. This case has me steamed tonight because I can see just where this is all headed and if it comes to pass someone will have done that child a terrible injustice. I'm still team put-this-baby-up-for-adoption-and-wipe-the-slate-clean for her.

Honey boo boo's sister's baby has a hand with 6 fingers and the doctors said it might actually come in handy to have another finger. I would think it is strictly a cosmetic procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jab99