GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How I abhor hearing the Indonesian government is going to go through with executing these drug smugglers while at the same time giving leniency to murderers.

RSBM

I dunno .... I guess if you are going to commit the state sanctioned murder of a minister, a teaching artist, a young mother, and a group of other non-murdering prisoners, it is easy to give a mother-murderer a short 10-year sentence. :mad:

I was going to say the same thing because I picked up this from the NBC article:

While they both faced the death penalty, the three-judge Indonesian panel was lenient because Mack is a new mother and Schaefer was well-mannered.
Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/bali-suitcase-murder-300881041.html#ixzz3Y8EZNP1M

Well mannered? Not according to his behaviour after the sentencing and I immediately saw a comparison with Boston Marathon Bomber after that CCTV footage emerged of him "flipping the bird" in his cell. It's a pity that the video of TS doing the same thing has only appeared in the Daily Mail, which is a U.K. newspaper. It should be published more widely and particularly in the U.S. media.

The only criticism I have of the Chicagonow article is that the author puts all the blame on TS, whereas HM was (more than likely) the instigator and put him up to it.

Tommy is well-mannered? What a joke! Even the most ill-tempered murderer could manage to be "well-mannered" while he is on trial for his life. Hmmm how telling that his well-manneredness flew out the window after the verdict was read and he attacked a camerman. Lucky for that cameraman Tommy didn't have a fruit basket within his reach.

And I agree, TS wouldn't have committed the murder if it weren't for daughter dearest!

Tommy is well-mannered? What a joke! Even the most ill-tempered murderer could manage to be "well-mannered" while he is on trial for his life. Hmmm how telling that his well-manneredness flew out the window after the verdict was read and he attacked a camerman. Lucky for that cameraman Tommy didn't have a fruit basket within his reach.

And I agree, TS wouldn't have committed the murder if it weren't for daughter dearest!
Did you see that "fruit basket"? I would call it curved metal bar!! I don't even recall any dents. There likely were, but that thing was solid!

A lawyer in Indonesia is speaking out about bribery between lawyers and judges (in Andrew and Myuran’s case). I hope that Judge Cohen is reading MSM. :gaah:

The former lawyer of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran has outlined explosive allegations of corruption by the judges that sentenced the Bali nine duo to death, saying they asked for more than $137,000 to give them a prison term of less than 20 years.

The judges, it is alleged, then asked for an even greater sum for a lighter sentence, money Rifan did not have.

"We met many times with the judges," he said. "We were talking about how long the penalty would be. Even though this is prohibited between lawyers and a judge, this is the reality. It's normal."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/6...allegations-They-wanted-137-000-and-then-more

A lawyer in Indonesia is speaking out about bribery between lawyers and judges (in Andrew and Myuran’s case). I hope that Judge Cohen is reading MSM. :gaah:

The former lawyer of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran has outlined explosive allegations of corruption by the judges that sentenced the Bali nine duo to death, saying they asked for more than $137,000 to give them a prison term of less than 20 years.

The judges, it is alleged, then asked for an even greater sum for a lighter sentence, money Rifan did not have.

"We met many times with the judges," he said. "We were talking about how long the penalty would be. Even though this is prohibited between lawyers and a judge, this is the reality. It's normal."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/6...allegations-They-wanted-137-000-and-then-more

Wow...there it is in black and white. And right from the horse's (lawyer's) mouth.

Cohen should be ashamed of himself. Even without this the world already knew.

MOO

My Bold
I hope actually that Favia and Elkin are reading it.
They are the US lawyers representing Mack.
Their roles put them in the same position as MS and MC's representatives.
The amounts requested for payment of services are considerable and questionable.

The recent request to sign over funds from the Trust to Stella could be considered another ploy to make payments in lieu of sentencing inadvertently for any outstanding debts to lawyers, prosecution and Judges.
The corruption in the system of payment for a lighter sentence is no longer an accusation, but a fact.

I would like to see THAT investigated.

Aside from HM being charged with the pre-meditated planning and murder of her mother ('Mother' being the operative word) - on another level, what she has done is kill the 'Trustee' of a fund to gain access to the money of the Trust Fund.
What happened as a consequence of the murder is that the beneficiary (HM) was able to access the fund to lead a failed legal challenge, which she now stands convicted of premeditated murder.
What is abhorrent is that the Law allowed her access to the funds she killed for.

I cannot see how HM can sign money over to Stella which HM has forfeited the right to, by murdering the Trustee of the account to gain access to the funds, and then spent on (and Im assuming TS's also) failed legal defence, and maintenance bills.
Is there not a financial law that could freeze that fund - and now HM is convicted, get HM to pay back the money from the Trust that has been spent?

From what I gather, 1) a Murder conviction (beneficiary) should not allow access to a fund which has a restriction that the beneficiary of the fund cannot access the fund until 30 years of age - and, that
2) no other beneficiary is entitled to make a claim on the fund unless stated - and had nothing to do with the murder.

I don't doubt that anyone who had been nominated trustee of that fund, and had declined HM access to the money, would have placed them in a precarious and dangerous situation.
HM just thought her mother was an easy target, and one she would get away with murdering.

Currently the exchange rate is for what HM is signing over to her child is approximately:

500,000.00 USD = 6,468,439,894.23 IDR

Considering the interest rate also available on such an amount if invested is extensive - it is viable that a person could live more than comfortably on the Interest $ generated.

Did you see that "fruit basket"? I would call it curved metal bar!! I don't even recall any dents. There likely were, but that thing was solid!

Yes I did, I agree it certainly wasn't what I would imagine a typical fruit basket handle to look like. When I think fruit basket I imagine something like a homey wicker basket, not brass knuckles on steroids!

But hey, if I am ever to be brutally murdered I would certainly appreciate a murderer with nice manners. And hope that my murderer gets a lighter sentence because he was polite! *Sarcasm*

All a bit quiet since the sentences.
HM should be in withdrawal by now with no media coverage.

Whats next - where do we follow the baby money saga?

And here I was thinking Mama June had been superseded.

She can generate media coverage whenever she wants with a phone call. I guess nothing has pissed her off yet. She's still getting her money and her fawning sycophants are still doting on her.

I guess we now follow the money case and wait for some emergency to fall on baby Stella that gets HM out of the prison for a day trip to the hospital. Don't think there are many reporters hanging around Kerobokan anymore to catch it all on film though. I think the only newsworthy person still being shuttled in and out would be Noor Ellis. I want to see what she ends up with for a sentence.

MOO

She can generate media coverage whenever she wants with a phone call. I guess nothing has pissed her off yet. She's still getting her money and her fawning sycophants are still doting on her.

I guess we now follow the money case and wait for some emergency to fall on baby Stella that gets HM out of the prison for a day trip to the hospital. Don't think there are many reporters hanging around Kerobokan anymore to catch it all on film though. I think the only newsworthy person still being shuttled in and out would be Noor Ellis. I want to see what she ends up with for a sentence.

MOO

I am hoping that the new investigations into corruption'in Bali shed some light on things.
I am glad the Daly Mail UK has picked up on it with a comparison using HM & TS's cases.
Lets hope that the Appeal for a harsher sentence for HM is true.

Someone just posted this on Andrew and Myuran's thread.

US woman murdered her mother, stuffed the body in a suitcase and celebrated her 10-year sentence by getting DRUNK in jail. Bali Nine duo spent a decade rehabilitating on death row, but will be shot for smuggling heroin. Is this justice?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-attempting-smuggle-heroin.html#ixzz3YbIyEeyb

I can't even bear to go into their thread today but I have been reading along up until last night. My heart is so heavy right now. It's close to midnight in Indonesia. The whole world is watching this unfold with a sense of hopelessness and sorrow. But most of all anger and outrage because there's not a damn thing we can do about it. :mad: :cry:

R.I.P. Andrew and Myuran :rose:

:cry:

BBC World interrupted their report on Nepal to say they past. Glad that Mary survived.

Came here and found out about the very sad news. I, too, am grieving the loss of Chan and Sukumaran and sending prayers to their family and friends. (Heather and Tommy getting off with light sentences has been noticed. That's something, I guess.)

Bali 9: Mary Jane Veloso spared from execution as Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran killed by firing squad
http://www.smh.com.au/world/bali-9-...n-killed-by-firing-squad-20150428-1mvjjp.html

'Bali 9' inmate spends last hours painting
http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2015/04/27/dnt-indonesia-bali-nine-paint.seven-network

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oner-killed-duo-transferred-Death-Island.html

Came here and found out about the very sad news. I, too, am grieving the loss of Chan and Sukumaran and sending prayers to their family and friends.

RSBM

They were very brave. All 8 refused blindfolds, they looked straight ahead at their executioners and sang song after song together.

RIP Andrew and Myuran. We will never forget you, or the grave injustice done to you - our two rehabilitated Aussie brothers.

:rose: :rose:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bali-ex...dfolds-as-they-were-shot-20150429-1mvm99.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper