GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that the new investigations into corruption'in Bali shed some light on things.
I am glad the Daly Mail UK has picked up on it with a comparison using HM & TS's cases.
Lets hope that the Appeal for a harsher sentence for HM is true.

Lets hope that the Appeal for a harsher sentence for HM is true

I forsee a problem with that. If successful, will HM try to reclaim the bribe money? :laughing:

Lets hope that the Appeal for a harsher sentence for HM is true

I forsee a problem with that. If successful, will HM try to reclaim the bribe money? :laughing:

I'd like nothing more than to see HM kicking up a ruckus about what her bribe money was supposed to pay for during any kind of appeal. :D

Hasn't it been a week since TS and HM were sentenced? It was reported they had one week to appeal. I figured TS would. Maybe with the executions in the MSN, the appeals may not make it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought their post-sentencing reactions were interesting.

HM seemed relieved it was over - I think she knew pretty much what to expect. She was asking where Soenardi was afterwards in the holding cell - I'd like to have heard that conversation!

I wonder if TS was angry because he thought HM's bribes would protect him more? Or is he angry because her sentence is so much longer than his? According to their stories (clearly not what the judges believed), TS did all the killing and HM just helped clean up and run away. If that were true, one could argue for a big difference in sentences.

Maybe it's just now sinking in to TS that 'they' aren't necessarily in this together. If HM finds it convenient to dump him and run, then there's not much he can do about it.

$150K gets two murderers light sentences, supposedly because they are young and might change. Not paying $137K in bribes led to the deaths of two people who spent a decade actually proving they had turned their lives around (something you can't fake 7x24, unlike the false demeanors HM and TM displayed in court).

A shameful week in Indonesia.

I thought their post-sentencing reactions were interesting.

HM seemed relieved it was over - I think she knew pretty much what to expect. She was asking where Soenardi was afterwards in the holding cell - I'd like to have heard that conversation!

I wonder if TS was angry because he thought HM's bribes would protect him more? Or is he angry because her sentence is so much longer than his? According to their stories (clearly not what the judges believed), TS did all the killing and HM just helped clean up and run away. If that were true, one could argue for a big difference in sentences.

Maybe it's just now sinking in to TS that 'they' aren't necessarily in this together. If HM finds it convenient to dump him and run, then there's not much he can do about it.

$150K gets two murderers light sentences, supposedly because they are young and might change. Not paying $137K in bribes led to the deaths of two people who spent a decade actually proving they had turned their lives around (something you can't fake 7x24, unlike the false demeanors HM and TM displayed in court).

A shameful week in Indonesia.
:goodpost:This should be nominated for post of the day!

Someone just posted this on Andrew and Myuran's thread.

US woman murdered her mother, stuffed the body in a suitcase and celebrated her 10-year sentence by getting DRUNK in jail. Bali Nine duo spent a decade rehabilitating on death row, but will be shot for smuggling heroin. Is this justice?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-attempting-smuggle-heroin.html#ixzz3YbIyEeyb

It would be nice if the same FBI agent who accompanied SVM's body home to the US stood waiting at the prison gate with shackles when HM & TS are released. My guess is they won't serve those full sentences.

Slap on the wrist for murder while drug runners get death. My question is have these executions slowed the drug traffic? I doubt it. Jmo

ciao

Interesting Youtube video about the corruption in the Indonesian justice system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOo-EkctSoo

Isn't the translator the same one HM & TS were given?

Yes, it is the same translator. I listen to this entire thing. It sounds like "the rot" as he puts it is much deeper than I had suspected.

Maybe one good thing out of HM buying her way to a shorter sentence is that the corruption has become even more obvious to the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like Noor Ellis has complete control of her money so it will be interesting to see what she gets. Oh and Judge Cohen, it only cost her $14,000 US to hire 5 hit men and her 2 maids to murder her husband. That should let you in on just how much $150,000 US is worth in Bali.

http://www.news.com.au/world/robert...iller-noor-ellis/story-fndir2ev-1227315944721

There are a lot of similarities between Noor Ellis and HM. It's good that a family member of the deceased is attending the trial and I will never understand why none of SVM's family attended the trial of HM and TS, and/or talked to the press.

There are a lot of similarities between Noor Ellis and HM. It's good that a family member of the deceased is attending the trial and I will never understand why none of SVM's family attended the trial of HM and TS, and/or talked to the press.

That could have made a big difference. Not to mention a subtle suggestion about their concerns to the current "President" (I use that term loosely after the Bali 9 slaughter) who ran on a platform of trying to clean up the corruption in the country and was elected by the people who obviously want this change. Even though he lied. And his own "corruption committee" appears to be corrupt. :rolleyes:

As U.S. citizens, they should have been over there demanding the U.S. consulate deal with this issue.

MOO

Interesting Youtube video about the corruption in the Indonesian justice system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOo-EkctSoo

Isn't the translator the same one HM & TS were given?

Thanks for the video link - had time to watch it - its like clockwork - a template for corruption and a mirror to the injustice that was served on Sheila von Wiese Mack.

From the video:
The Corruption and Blackmail process has been in full swing for these Murderers HM & TS.
The similarities for a case of corruption ...

The length of time before HM & TS's being taken into custody.
The amount of time the pair were held without charge.
The excuses made to extend the charge delay - such as non co-operation.
The change of Lawyer and legal representatives (Bali) for the pair.
The hiring of a US attorney to access funds from HM's US trust account.
The addition of a lawyer for the un-born baby hired by HM.
The type of charges laid after such a long length of time in custody.

The availability of a phone to HM - illegal contaband but these are allowed so as to secure funds
for the corruption.

Then the demand from HM to access her trust fund for money - initially $300K US.
The setting up an a website by her US baby lawyer fro donations.
The demands from her US attorney to a USA court for HM to access her money through the Courts.
The removal of the legal Trustee (WW) by Judge Cohen - to an appointed Trustee.
An approval of only $150K to be issued to HM for her defence - invoiced payments only.

The demands for the money to be paid via MSM from HM in prison.
The demands for payment by Bali attorney claiming suicide by HM if payment were not met (Blackmail)
The demands for payment by the Baby Lawyer citing HM's pregnancy health - food, vitamins, bedding etc.
The demand for money for HM for the health of the baby and hospital ultrasounds.
The demand for payments from Bali Lawyers citing that HM may have to give birth in her cell if they were not paid (Blackmail)
The demand for payments to US lawyers - even though they were said to be working for free.

The bank account set ups and the 3rd party accounts for payments to be deposited into.
The re-routing of that moneys to lawyers for distribution of funds for corruption.
The bogus accounts and invoices systems - worked backwards to account for the full amount on the invoice and verifying of receipts.
The payments made by Governments to pay to Bali Lawyers for legal aid and services which are actually payment for reduced sentences.
The money paid to US lawyers to redistribute.
Appointed 3rd parties and bogus accounts which act as a depository to redistribute funds.
The signing over of 500K from HM to be placed in her daughters name - set up by her US Attorney's - to get funds to the baby who is in prison in HM's care.
The visit by the Bali High Official - such as the Consul General (saying her was there on behalf of the UN) to secure HM her own private room and the signing of the document to release funds to the daughter.
The payment for the private room is 10mil Rupiah - (US$ 770.00).

Corrupt officials - Police, Defence Lawyers in Bali, Consul General, Officials in Bali, , Interpretors, Prosecution, Judges, Public Servants, Media.
This also includes any Legal representative from the US - as they are party to the system procedures and the protocol surrounding securing funds for their clients to pay the corrupt lawyers, negotiating the funds amounts, accessing the funds from accounts overseas, mediating with the US court system to release the funds. Providing statements in effect to transfer funds and set up accounts and trustees (3rd parties) to oversea the distribution of the funds.

Technology such as phones are not confiscated usually as the person in jail needs them to communicate with.
Though HM's phone was taken from her.
Phones are hacked and information and calls are being monitored by Police and higher Police authorities.
HM secured another phone immediately after her first phone was taken away.

---------------------

There should be a halt to any further transfer of funds to HM - for any person or reason.
If any of this is corruption is allowed to proceed further - those who maintain and approve it seem to be apart to it as well.

The only time I have seen HM cry or show any sadness is when she was sentenced for 10 years - after that she was off her face on booze.
Show me Justice for Sheila Von Wiese Mack...
Somebody!!

Yes...great job Figtree. I wonder if a copy is being forwarded to Judge Cohen as we speak? ;)

I am completely mystified.

I expected HM to appeal anything more than the 'assisting' charge that carried a 9-month penalty. I can't believe she's just going to accept her ten year sentence (minus any time off for 'good behavior').

I expected HM to appeal anything more than the 'assisting' charge that carried a 9-month penalty. I can't believe she's just going to accept her ten year sentence (minus any time off for 'good behavior').
Her way of "accepting" it was to get drunk, Tommy's was to throw a tantrum- so much for respectful behavior!!

I don't think she dare risk it...10 years vs an unknown chance of 10+. We'll see what the prosecuter's appeal does.

I don't think she dare risk it...10 years vs an unknown chance of 10+. We'll see what the prosecuter's appeal does.

I agree! I think the very recent executions might also have played into her decision not to appeal, if she indeed has not. Talk about an eye opening reality check that she just got off with a very light sentence for her despicable acts! JMO

I wouldn't be surprised if she's been advised by Soenardi not to appeal as it would most likely result in a stiffer sentence. That's what he told Julian Ponder, the British drugs kingpin, who was only sentenced to 6 years, while his mule, Lindsay Sandiford got the death sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper