GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't see any recent pics other than what was on her other account, I'd be cautious about believing this is her. Could be a troll faking it. What happened to the other IG account?

It's the same I account, she just changed the name. You can tell because in her convos from a couple weeks ago mentioned up thread it still shows her old name (the chitownbaby or whatever it was) when someone else mentions her, but her responses are all with the new name

It's the same I account, she just changed the name. You can tell because in her convos from a couple weeks ago mentioned up thread it still shows her old name (the chitownbaby or whatever it was) when someone else mentions her, but her responses are all with the new name

I just noticed vonmar posted a recent video of her as well so I agree that is her. SMH

I just noticed vonmar posted a recent video of her as well so I agree that is her. SMH

Good Grief I am slow! I did not watch the video til now (at work) Is that video seriously taken from inside the prison yesterday? :gaah: Nice last comment

So can we assume she's been told that for 200 grand she can be out in five years?

I'm actually surprised that she thinks she'll only get her sentence reduced by half. I thought sure they would try to say she was only guilty of the 'assisting' charge. They've got to make sure it's an Indonesian charge that won't 'translate' into a US charge that would fall under the 'slayer statute'.

Of course, she has to get the $200K from her trust before she can appeal. IIRC, the trust is back in WW's hands. I hope that means no $$ for HM's appeal. There's no threat of the death penalty, no threat to Stella.

Still no phone and IGs for TS?

Even if it is 5 years, she is underestimating/minimizing how long that is. Also, I honestly believe she is probably looking at conspiracy charges in the least when she gets back to the U.S. If anything, this 5-10 years is prep for the U.S. prison system...

I think she'll be fine. She has already been behind bars for almost ten months already! The trial is over, she's getting settled with Stella, she's able to get food from the outside, phone and internet connectivity.

She's got a much easier life there than she'll have if she ends up in a US prison.

She thinks her squad is going to still be there and the same when she gets out. Lol.

I thought sure they would try to say she was only guilty of the 'assisting' charge. They've got to make sure it's an Indonesian charge that won't 'translate' into a US charge that would fall under the 'slayer statute'.

The Bali article includes I think 3 charges which the U.S. can not seem to separate appropriately. That seems to be the complication. We see premeditated, the tweets, fb msg, instagrams. Read the relationship history. The law here in U.S. is full of loop holes, they are using every one. Sadly, hopefully this case brings to light what slayer & predeceased actually means. Whether Indonesia bribes or not.

Whatthewhaat, sorry android retaining last quotes, wanted to say u are awesome following up in IG & picking that up. Thank you for getting that up close.

Some great sleuthing going on in the thread. Kudos guys! :clap:
The video is interesting.
I think there has been some sleuthing done from all parties on both sides too.

It seems from what I'm reading that the money will go to Stella - but from Cohen's comments, I think that it might also be conditional that SM be removed from the jail.
I think HM will get a reduced sentence - but not by much - 8 years instead of 10 maybe - I'm not sure why she's looking at 5 years, or being cleared completely.
And I'm confused as to why she thinks that if she gets a favourable Appeal decision, that she could just waltz home with no consequences.
She cant stay in Bali - the Indonesian law doesn't allow convicted criminals to stay in the country.

There'll be some deals going on in the background - no doubt.

You raise an interesting point FigTree. Does TS know that HM will be deported back to the U.S. after her sentence is complete? Whatever sentence that may end up being. That no matter what she has told him, she can't stay in Indonesia once her time is up. And that she'll be taking his daughter back with her. And that he will be stuck in a Bali prison with no one coming to visit him for many years while HM is back in the U.S. partying with the "squad"?

MOO

You raise an interesting point FigTree. Does TS know that HM will be deported back to the U.S. after her sentence is complete? Whatever sentence that may end up being. That no matter what she has told him, she can't stay in Indonesia once her time is up. And that she'll be taking his daughter back with her. And that he will be stuck in a Bali prison with no one coming to visit him for many years while HM is back in the U.S. partying with the "squad"?

MOO

All excellent questions, Kamille.

The less we hear about TS, the more curious I get. HM has a cellphone and internet access. Surely if she asked Soenardi to get a phone for TS, it could be arranged and easily hidden in the billing. For that matter, HM could lend her phone to TS. As she said, if the phone gets confiscated, buy another one. It's only money, apparently no other consequences.

It's interesting that in the few IG exchanges we've seen, there's no mention of TS.

Vonmar should create a rap video about the 'dumbest hitman of all time'.

Figtree, I think there's a good chance HM will get a major sentence reduction if/when she appeals. They've got a confessed killer who got a fairly stiff sentence by Indonesian standards. His brief display of temper on camera after the sentencing isn't evidence, but it reinforces the image of him as the killer. And the payoff is potentially even larger than in the original trial.

However....will WW, the trustee, release $200K for an appeal? And how much will it cost HM in additional lawyer fees to get that $200K from the trust?

Or...tell me I'm wrong - who controls the trust $ HM wants to settle on Stella? HM shouldn't be able to use it for her own legal defense, but it's up to the trustee.

All excellent questions, Kamille.

The less we hear about TS, the more curious I get. HM has a cellphone and internet access. Surely if she asked Soenardi to get a phone for TS, it could be arranged and easily hidden in the billing. For that matter, HM could lend her phone to TS. As she said, if the phone gets confiscated, buy another one. It's only money, apparently no other consequences.

It's interesting that in the few IG exchanges we've seen, there's no mention of TS.

Vonmar should create a rap video about the 'dumbest hitman of all time'.

Figtree, I think there's a good chance HM will get a major sentence reduction if/when she appeals. They've got a confessed killer who got a fairly stiff sentence by Indonesian standards. His brief display of temper on camera after the sentencing isn't evidence, but it reinforces the image of him as the killer. And the payoff is potentially even larger than in the original trial.

However....will WW, the trustee, release $200K for an appeal? And how much will it cost HM in additional lawyer fees to get that $200K from the trust?

Or...tell me I'm wrong - who controls the trust $ HM wants to settle on Stella? HM shouldn't be able to use it for her own legal defense, but it's up to the trustee.

On her IG one of her friends asked if they were still together. I was waiting to see if she would respond but she hasn't, even though she posted a new pic of her and Stella. Must be trouble in paradise..

Sidenote: she posted a video of Stella as well... and I must say, she's freaking adorable :)

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/heather-mack-305755341.html

Judge Cohen wants everyone (attorneys) to start thinking about Stella and her future. Progress has been made in that direction.

Total estate value is $2 million.

Kia would like to get Stella but thinks HM will give her to an Indonesian.

The interim trustee has been relieved.

Soenardi will get the remainder of his $150K fee now.

My takeaway: Not a word about the $200K for HM's appeal. If the special trustee has been relieved, does that mean WW is back in charge?

So many questions. So much was unsaid in that article. Like who is the trustee now, etc.

This could get interesting.

Right now, the discussion is about settling trust funds on Stella, arranging for her welfare, and settling the current tab with Soenardi.

I do wonder why HM kept complaining that authorized money wasn't being paid, but that was Mackoff, not WW.

Cohen is worried that attorneys are taking too much of HM's money. Nothing has been said yet about the $126K owed to Favia or the $150K retainer HM promised Elkin. Elkin's still showing up in court, although I think he said he was just 'observing'.

I think HM firmly believes she will be home in the not-too-distant future. For $150K, Soenardi made sure neither she nor TS got the death penalty, and he got her a 1/3 sentence reduction, from 15 years to 10 years. For another $200K, he can either get her sentence further reduced or he can get the original charge reduced to the 'assisting' charge that carries a 10-month sentence. That would mean she'd be free to return to the US almost immediately, based on time already served. More importantly, it means she doesn't have to worry about the 'slayer statute' - unless a US court decides to retry her here for plotting her mother's death.

I think there's a good chance that will work. After all, justice will appear to be served - her allegedly 'psycho' boyfriend is taking the fall.

Meanwhile, Kia's hanging around hoping to hit the jackpot. What does TS know or think about latest developments? Does he realize that she's fixing to leave him high and dry.

Or is she going to go home, make sweet music and get rich with VonMar and then the two of them will fund TS's appeal?

If WW is the trustee, is Cohen likely to object if WW refuses to release funds for HM's appeal?

I missed the info about 200k and an appeal. Where's that coming from?

I think what gets to me, I listened to the NBC Video & know I can not count on media reports 100%, I thought they said HM already was making plans for Stella to stay with an Indonesian.

This is a bonus for HM & TS keeping the $ close. They both will get their McDonalds, cell phones, etc.
Provided the Indonesian Family shows up with the goods. Sadly probably delivered stashed on Stella during visitation. :facepalm:

Most of those goods can be brought right into the prison. Ive learned here that family and friends can bring them all sorts of food and other items.

Some great sleuthing going on in the thread. Kudos guys! :clap:
The video is interesting.
I think there has been some sleuthing done from all parties on both sides too.

It seems from what I'm reading that the money will go to Stella - but from Cohen's comments, I think that it might also be conditional that SM be removed from the jail.
I think HM will get a reduced sentence - but not by much - 8 years instead of 10 maybe - I'm not sure why she's looking at 5 years, or being cleared completely.
And I'm confused as to why she thinks that if she gets a favourable Appeal decision, that she could just waltz home with no consequences.
She cant stay in Bali - the Indonesian law doesn't allow convicted criminals to stay in the country.

There'll be some deals going on in the background - no doubt.

What comments were there? I saw almost nothing.

This is is all so upsetting. Zero justice. She has a kush life in prison, cell phones, internet access and a child that allows her to live off her poor motjer's money. It's horrible.

For those who may be interested, her posts consist of: an old pic of her and an unknown friend, a video of smiling Stella making baby noises, a pic that was taken on the same occasion as the one vonmar posted, and a pic of her and Stella lying down.h

I had a feeling it would run this route, despite the IL Slayer Statute being Predeceased & Stella being non-existent, Cohen has decided to still allow HM $ via Stella. Looks like Stella will be in prison for the full two years - So Sad. I have seen no word on appeal case in Bali yet.

Note from that NBC Link: He asked attorneys representing Mack, Stella and Mack’s uncle, William Wiese, to agree on a financial plan that provides for Stella now and in the future.
Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/heather-mack-305755341.html#ixzz3buscEMYz

Chancery:
https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com...v=&caseno=&PLtype=1&sname=mack+heather&CDate=

Next Court Date 06/12/2015

Edit: HM has not yet been found guilty towards the Slayer Statute, which still is to be determined. I am guessing the petition to move $ from HM to Stella has gone through listening to the video and re-reading the article.

I'm just not getting this AT ALL. You kill Grandma and the grandbaby gets her money? Wasn't that basically the motive for SWM's murder?

This could get interesting.

Right now, the discussion is about settling trust funds on Stella, arranging for her welfare, and settling the current tab with Soenardi.

I do wonder why HM kept complaining that authorized money wasn't being paid, but that was Mackoff, not WW.

Cohen is worried that attorneys are taking too much of HM's money. Nothing has been said yet about the $126K owed to Favia or the $150K retainer HM promised Elkin. Elkin's still showing up in court, although I think he said he was just 'observing'.

I think HM firmly believes she will be home in the not-too-distant future. For $150K, Soenardi made sure neither she nor TS got the death penalty, and he got her a 1/3 sentence reduction, from 15 years to 10 years. For another $200K, he can either get her sentence further reduced or he can get the original charge reduced to the 'assisting' charge that carries a 10-month sentence. That would mean she'd be free to return to the US almost immediately, based on time already served. More importantly, it means she doesn't have to worry about the 'slayer statute' - unless a US court decides to retry her here for plotting her mother's death.

I think there's a good chance that will work. After all, justice will appear to be served - her allegedly 'psycho' boyfriend is taking the fall.

Meanwhile, Kia's hanging around hoping to hit the jackpot. What does TS know or think about latest developments? Does he realize that she's fixing to leave him high and dry.

Or is she going to go home, make sweet music and get rich with VonMar and then the two of them will fund TS's appeal?

If WW is the trustee, is Cohen likely to object if WW refuses to release funds for HM's appeal?
She will forget Tommy the minute the gate clangs closed behind her, if she hasn't already

I've tried to comment a couple of times but lost my posts so I will keep it short with questions I have.

Why is it thought Cohen has jurisdiction over Stella? Just because he made a comment? I have not been able to listen to or play anything so I am clueless.

Someone mentioned a total value of "the estate" Is this a reference to HM's trust AND SWM's estate combined? When did these cases get joined?

I've tried to comment a couple of times but lost my posts so I will keep it short with questions I have.

Why is it thought Cohen has jurisdiction over Stella? Just because he made a comment? I have not been able to listen to or play anything so I am clueless.

Someone mentioned a total value of "the estate" Is this a reference to HM's trust AND SWM's estate combined? When did these cases get joined?

HM, working through Favia, is seeking to settle 1/3 of her trust on Stella. Since Cohen was handling the original challenges to the trust payouts (including replacing WW as trustee), he seems to be taking this on as well.

Interesting legally. Seems like a big potential loophole to setting up a trust for a child/young adult to oversee spending. The most recent court date was to discuss these issues and that's where Cohen asked the attorneys to think about Stella and her future.

Also in the article about the most recent court date was the $2 million value. Some reporting isn't that precise, so it is not clear where that figure came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton