GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The US does not have an extradition treaty with Indonesia.

It's possible to extradite a US citizen from a country without a treaty, but I suspect those efforts would come at a high cost, especially with a country like Indonesia. In this case, neither HM nor TS are high-value, ie, involved in terrorism, cybercrime, drugs on massive scale, etc. Sounds harsh, but this is 'just' a murder.

However, unless HM can access funds, Indonesia will force both her and TS to leave when their respective sentences are up. HM could try to flee to a third country.

I, too, would like to know a lot more about that little-known law. If the local authorities are talking to DOJ, that means this is a federal law, not a California state law, meaning it might be applicable to HM and TS.

I wonder if the man who murdered his bride in Australia while diving on their honeymoon was tried under that same law.

OT but just another example of corruption in Indonesia. A military C-130 transport plane crashed into a residential area in Medan which is tragic in of itself. The hinky and more tragic part of that story, however, is that there were over a hundred civilian "passengers" on the plane who perished in the crash. Passengers on a military transport plane? Paying passengers? SMH :notgood:

In other news, if you want to chat with HM she's apparently on "what's app" all the time. :rolleyes:

ABC News needs to do more catching up on their reporting, but it's good to see that Chicago Tribune finally printing an article that isn't regurgitating HM's lies and version of events but is telling a more accurate story. Example: pointing out the details of the stolen credit card info used to pay for TS's room, the fact that the murder took place mere hours after his arrival, the fact that SWM already knew that HM was pregnant.

As the details roll out, confirming what we already knew, the extent of the Balinese corruption becomes even more apparent.

The transcripts will surface eventually, not that any of us really want to read them ugh. All HM's Lawyers seem pretty quiet now, no comments as of yet. I also am glad to see the case back on track and hope it stays on track following correct statute rulings. I do not see any Civil cases yet filed, but we'll see what happens in August.

I am getting the impression NBC has a copy of the transcripts, this video from NBC5 Tammy Leitner goes into a bit more detail of TS's brutal beating of SWM, continued to beat her in the face even as she lay motionless on the bed.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...Chicago-Womans-Killing-in-Bali-311756581.html

Thanks for the update, I tell ya that final sentence in the press reader (paraphrase) blood on my shirt from giving my mother last hug. Sure OK! violent, lying, monster. Jmo.

ciao

I don't recall hearing about SWM looking for a knife to attack the baby before. I wonder if HM thought that up on her own or if Soenardi suggested it?

I'm glad to see news reports that include both HM's allegations about her mom not knowing about the pregnancy and the emails SWM sent before and during the brief time in Bali that show she already knew HM was pregnant again. I'm also glad to see more details about the credit card fraud - and SWM threatening to follow up when they returned to the states. More motive for HM and TS.

Finally, an answer about the duct tape!! It appears from the Chicago Tribune article that HM asked for duct tape from the hotel desk and the suitcase was wrapped with the sheet and secured with duct tape. It doesn't say the body was wrapped with duct tape.

Seems pretty clear from that article that HM was considered an accessory to premeditated murder. That should invoke the slayer statute shouldn't it? No wonder HM was quick to start transferring funds to Stella.

MOO

Seems pretty clear from that article that HM was considered an accessory to premeditated murder. That should invoke the slayer statute shouldn't it? No wonder HM was quick to start transferring funds to Stella.

MOO

It should, however they are ignoring predeceased, which is in the Statute.
By moving $ to Stella, they are putting it back in HM's control in a backwards manner. As well putting Stella's life in danger whenever entitlement mode kicks in years down the road IMO. It changes how I view IL slayer statute & see doors opening for others who want to collect early.

Tablet mode, sorry for structure.

It should, however they are ignoring predeceased, which is in the Statute.
By moving $ to Stella, they are putting it back in HM's control in a backwards manner. As well putting Stella's life in danger whenever entitlement mode kicks in years down the road IMO. It changes how I view IL slayer statute & see doors opening for others who want to collect early.

Tablet mode, sorry for structure.

I have wondered why everyone has been saying Stella would be the beneficiary as well. Even WW said so in an interview at the memorial for SWM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we could read the translation. All the news outlets refer to it as being released in a Cook County court, but don't link the actual transcript. Maybe in a few days??

Other commenters on the Tribune article also ask how Stella could be a beneficiary under the slayer statute.

Stella exists post-deceased, that's what I think may set a precedence for future Chancery here in IL. They need to consider that people can simply sign a disclaimer before Statute is ruled on, move $ over to a newborn to secure what was killed for. That simply changing the heir will not stop these two. Poor Stella.

Stella exists post-deceased, that's what I think may set a precedence for future Chancery here in IL. They need to consider that people can simply sign a disclaimer before Statute is ruled on, move $ over to a newborn to secure what was killed for. That simply changing the heir will not stop these two. Poor Stella.

Didn't HM's attorneys rush to get that disclaimer signed before the verdict came down? Is that the reason? Wasn't HM trying to wiggle another week out of the Bali court by claiming illness to make sure there was enough time to get that done?

Didn't HM's attorneys rush to get that disclaimer signed before the verdict came down? Is that the reason? Wasn't HM trying to wiggle another week out of the Bali court by claiming illness to make sure there was enough time to get that done?

Good memory. Yes, HM was quite upset because the prosecutor wouldn't sign off on letting her go to the hospital. Because court only met once a week, it would have bought her an entire week.

From what I gather, most of the timing relating to sentencing and transferring of funds has been calculated by both Indonesian and American Lawyers working for Mack to fulfil everyone's own personal agendas.. getting their piece of the pie and as much money as they can out of it.

Not good.

From what I gather, most of the timing relating to sentencing and transferring of funds has been calculated by both Indonesian and American Lawyers working for Mack to fulfil everyone's own personal agendas.. getting their piece of the pie and as much money as they can out of it.

Not good.
exactly my observations too.

How long will it take to invoke the slayer statute??? It seems obvious that it should be happening.

Looks like some case status hearing has been set for Aug 14 at 11am.

It also appears as though HM is doing quite fine in Kerobokan, still has access to her social media via her iPhone and is able to hang with TS at least during visiting hours. SMH

HM and TS appeals (both prosecution and defense) have been denied. Sentences stand at 10 and 18 years.

I wasn't actually aware that the appeals were going on. There's no mention of Soenardi and I don't recall HM ever getting the $$ for 'her' appeal.

She and Stella are allowed to go to the men's side of the prison every day. I don't think this is usual; IIRC, male/female prisoners usually meet in the visitors area. Stella is the excuse.

HM doesn't look quite as complacent about the verdict this time. Perhaps she thought it was already bought and paid for.

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/heather-mack-and-boyfriend-lose-appeals-against-sentence-for-killing-her-mother-in-bali-resort/story-fnh81fz8-1227459191452

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton