GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"pearlgod Tell tommy I love em
missheathermack @pearlgod im with him now he says you should hit him up let him know
pearlgod @missheathermack I don't know what number he using . He knows mine"

So TS knows about HM's internet access, they have access to eachother outside of their court hearings, and it sounds like he has a cell phone himself

Also may be worth mentioning that she had a picture posted of TS kissing Stella with the caption "babies <3 <3" but it's now been deleted

gracehatter, could you explain more?

A Guardian is a person appointed by the court (usually a Probate or Family Court when a minor) to have complete decision making authority over the minor. In Michigan for instance, a guardian has the authority to act on behalf of a minor except they cannot consent to an adoption nor an underage marriage without further court order. That encompasses where they live, medical decisions, schooling and so forth. In effect and in reality the guardian acts in the place of the parent. In fact, the legal rights of the parents are suspended for the duration of the guardianship, not terminated but a temporary suspension. A Guardian ad Litem is an attorney that serves at the behest of a party or the court and is appointed by the court on behalf of the minor to render an opinion regarding whatever issue is before the court. They have no authority beyond that role as an attorney, and their opinion is to be based on the "best interests" of the minor child, not what they might personally believe is best for the child, nor what a child might request they do, unlike a normal attorney/client relationship where the client drives and directs the attorney. Guardian ad Litems cannot be hired nor chosen by any party, only the court can do that and they will generally have a list of attorneys in the local bar that specialize in this type of law that they choose from. This does not mean they are actually doing the court's bidding, in fact they are not predisposed to agree with one side or another, nor necessarily the court, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't agree with either. Generally a report is filed by them and again uses the "best interests" standard in rendering an opinion. These are a set of 13 factors which are weighed and adopted by almost all the US states if I am not mistaken, LA as usual may differ. These are the same factors that are set out in the Uniform Child Custody act and applied in custody disputes.

A an aside, does anyone know why the "Thanks" buttons work only sporadically? Drives me batty! So thanks to the posts upthread.

I can get the 'thanks' button now, but the 'edit' button has disappeared.

"pearlgod Tell tommy I love em
missheathermack @pearlgod im with him now he says you should hit him up let him know
pearlgod @missheathermack I don't know what number he using . He knows mine"

So TS knows about HM's internet access, they have access to eachother outside of their court hearings, and it sounds like he has a cell phone himself

Also may be worth mentioning that she had a picture posted of TS kissing Stella with the caption "babies <3 <3" but it's now been deleted

I wish Sheila's family and Judge Cohen could read these Instagram exchanges. I really think it's a disgrace that these two convicted killers are allowed to communicate with the outside world from their prison cells in this way.

Police brass knew Sheila Mack feared daughter would murder her
http://www.oakpark.com/News/Article...Sheila-Mack-feared-daughter-would-murder-her/

"In a June 2 deposition for a civil suit he brought against the Oak Park police department and Sgt. Dina Vardal, Oak Park Police Officer Rasul Freelain testified under oath that he sent a memo to Anthony Ambrose, deputy chief of police, "reference the situation involving Sheila Mack and Heather Mack (and) Sheila Mack's belief that her daughter was going to murder her&#8230;"

Wow! Thank you for the post Former Oak Parker. I'm not surprised by the history, but I am surprised Sheila told the police she feared for her life. Seems Sheila was always trying to protect Heather from the authorities. Too bad HM didn't STAY missing. But I'm sure she always come back to get money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U.S. authorities better arrest HM the minute she steps a toe in the US after her Bali stay.

Police brass knew Sheila Mack feared daughter would murder her
http://www.oakpark.com/News/Article...Sheila-Mack-feared-daughter-would-murder-her/

"In a June 2 deposition for a civil suit he brought against the Oak Park police department and Sgt. Dina Vardal, Oak Park Police Officer Rasul Freelain testified under oath that he sent a memo to Anthony Ambrose, deputy chief of police, "reference the situation involving Sheila Mack and Heather Mack (and) Sheila Mack's belief that her daughter was going to murder her…"

Thank goodness the door has been opened and SVM air is circlelating around this thread again. HM & TS will charges be waiting for them in the US? That's the big question. Jmo.

ciao

Thank goodness the door has been opened and SVM air is circlelating around this thread again. HM & TS will charges be waiting for them in the US? That's the big question. Jmo.

ciao

If this case is not tried in the US, there is so much about how horrific and sadistic this crime was that HM and TS will never have to answer for. Because it was tried in Bali, there are no transcripts, records, evidence or taped interviews to expose the lies and cover up. No crime scene photos, no autopsy results or coroner's testimony. No electronic evidence that the public can actually see or witness testimony that can be heard or read. Nothing. If the FBI are not awaiting their return for the rest of SVM's justice, they will both just slip into the country unnoticed and go on with their lives.

MOO

If this case is not tried in the US, there is so much about how horrific and sadistic this crime was that HM and TS will never have to answer for. Because it was tried in Bali, there are no transcripts, records, evidence or taped interviews to expose the lies and cover up. No crime scene photos, no autopsy results or coroner's testimony. No electronic evidence that the public can actually see or witness testimony that can be heard or read. Nothing. If the FBI are not awaiting their return for the rest of SVM's justice, they will both just slip into the country unnoticed and go on with their lives.

MOO

There is a little glimmer of hope there was a second autopsy when SVM was returned to the US. I don't see why the crime scene pics and CCTV videos can't be shared with our LE. Idk I'll remain hopeful.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-bali-suitcase-murder-20140820-story.html

ciao

There are two possibilities.

HM could return and get tried in criminal court. I think it's likely her defense would try very hard to get any evidence shared by Bali police thrown out on the grounds that chain of custody wasn't preserved - I think much depends on what the FBI might have to contribute. However, there have been allegations of text messages exchanged here in the US discussing murdering SWM for $50K. That evidence, along with the indisputable evidence that HM paid for TS's ticket for what was going to be a 2-day trip to Bali, plus HM's own admission that she participated in the 'cleanup' and escape attempt afterwards - those facts might be enough to convict her. I hope.

A civil suit is another matter, and I hope WM tries that option. The burden of proof is much lower (think of the two OJ trials). If WM sued HM for wrongful death and won before she returned to the US, he could potentially sue her for everything she has. That would mean she wouldn't have thousands of dollars to pay for a defense attorney and might even have to settle for a public defender. That would be a good thing. It would also mean that if she was charged on her return, she might not have enough money to post bail. She's got a passport and has traveled internationally. I think a reasonable judge would see her as a flight risk and set a high bail.

Fingers crossed.

But would any US court have jurisdiction?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Not likely, it would have to go through US courts first I would think, then once won probably taken to Bali's Child/Family Services. Basically an order-in-hand awarding custody to go pick Stella up from Indonesia. I would imagine though by that time HM would have other arrangements made. US Courts move very slow.

A US Court would have zero jurisdiction and Indonesia would not entertain any order from the US. But the US would never issue such an order anyhow because they have to have jurisdiction to do so and neither parent nor the child lives here.

However, the US probate court can make certain orders affecting the child, such as no monies will be released for her care until and unless it can be proved she is out of prison and being properly cared for. Or, as they did, appointing a representative for her, etc.. Things like that.

I guess I am not understanding to what extent this appointed GAL has in this case other than $. When it comes time to secure the $ and secure Stella. If the US has no jurisdiction, than the appointed GAL does nothing more than to secure Stella's $?

How long does this appointed GAL stay on Stella's case? Each time there is a request for $? Until she is 18? and then further, can the GAL make recommendations on Custody? I know it is not Family Court, but this Chancery case seems to be taking on a lot more than it should be IMO.

Such a tragedy turned into a fiasco to keep appointing trustees, dropping trustees, appointing lawyers, dismissing lawyers.. When they could do what they are trained to do in Chancery, make a Slayer Statute determination. It's not like HM is going anywhere soon, and a healthy breast-fed baby does not have too many expenses.

I guess I am not understanding to what extent this appointed GAL has in this case other than $. When it comes time to secure the $ and secure Stella. If the US has no jurisdiction, than the appointed GAL does nothing more than to secure Stella's $?

How long does this appointed GAL stay on Stella's case? Each time there is a request for $? Until she is 18? and then further, can the GAL make recommendations on Custody? I know it is not Family Court, but this Chancery case seems to be taking on a lot more than it should be IMO.

Such a tragedy turned into a fiasco to keep appointing trustees, dropping trustees, appointing lawyers, dismissing lawyers.. When they could do what they are trained to do in Chancery, make a Slayer Statute determination. It's not like HM is going anywhere soon, and a healthy breast-fed baby does not have too many expenses.
Speaking from experience, a GAL can do a lot, especially speeding up a trial. If, say, a divorce lawyer requests a GAL for a brain damaged client who is unable to make decisions and is getting conflicting advice from family.
While in the example above, the client's family wanted the best result for their family member, their months of delay wasted considerable amounts of money and a full trial would have had a very bad result considering the faked signatures...
In this case, the client's family member assigned a lawyer before the client was born, and it has not been proven that this lawyer is working in the client's best interests.

Wow! So much news since I was last here. Thanks Former Oakparker, that article just saddened me even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member