GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy's lawyer was connected to Ary Soenardi during Henri Lubbe's complaint regarding the two of them requesting bribe money.

South African Stephen Henri Lubbe was this week sentenced to 15 years’ jail in Bali for drug smuggling, but said he would have received far less had he coughed up the cash.
In a disturbing and dangerously frank two-page letter obtained by News Corp, Lubbe claims “lucky foreigners” from wealthy backgrounds are exchanging as much as $US120,000 for reduced sentences.

Lubbe — who’s directed his letter to Indonesian President-elect Joko Widodo or Jokowi — claims the money in his meth case was to be split between the judge and the prosecutor.

Lubbe’s lawyer, Ary B Soenardi — the same man who represented Sydney resident Leeza Ormsby on drugs charges — and fellow lawyer Iswahyudi denied they had suggested he pay a bribe.
“It is not true. It’s a defamation. We never told him to pay anything. We are helping him during the trial sincerely,” Iswahyudi said.

Mr Soenardi also conveyed the same statement.

http://www.news.com.au/world/bali-p...indonesian-jails/story-fndir2ev-1227014030151

Where there's smoke there's usually fire. This information was available to Judge Cohen. Just saying. ;)

MOO

Not wearing her engagement "string" today then? :thinking:

Hmm ... I don't see the bright green string Tommy was wearing last week either.

qpi2z4.png

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ves-court-boyfriend-deny-murdered-mother.html

Tommy's lawyer was connected to Ary Soenardi during Henri Lubbe's complaint regarding the two of them requesting bribe money.

South African Stephen Henri Lubbe was this week sentenced to 15 years’ jail in Bali for drug smuggling, but said he would have received far less had he coughed up the cash.
In a disturbing and dangerously frank two-page letter obtained by News Corp, Lubbe claims “lucky foreigners” from wealthy backgrounds are exchanging as much as $US120,000 for reduced sentences.

Lubbe — who’s directed his letter to Indonesian President-elect Joko Widodo or Jokowi — claims the money in his meth case was to be split between the judge and the prosecutor.

Lubbe’s lawyer, Ary B Soenardi — the same man who represented Sydney resident Leeza Ormsby on drugs charges — and fellow lawyer Iswahyudi denied they had suggested he pay a bribe.
“It is not true. It’s a defamation. We never told him to pay anything. We are helping him during the trial sincerely,” Iswahyudi said.

Mr Soenardi also conveyed the same statement.

http://www.news.com.au/world/bali-p...indonesian-jails/story-fndir2ev-1227014030151

Where there's smoke there's usually fire. This information was available to Judge Cohen. Just saying. ;)

MOO

Yes, they definitely have a connection. Funny that it is in connection with bribery, isn't it. Who would have thought it? :rolleyes:

I guess Judge Cohen didn't look too far, or the lawyers did not present the right stuff. Doesn't Cohen have interns that can research this kind of important stuff? I know that here we have lawyers who work as interns for judges while building their careers.

Oh well, maybe Soenardi and Iswahyudi will say the same things when Heather asks what she paid $150,000 for.

Jailed to 15 years, S. African sends message to Jokowi

"His lawyer Ary B Soenardi and colleague Iswahyudi strongly denied Lubbe’s written claim.

“It is not true. It’s defamation. We never asked him to pay anything. We were sincerely helping him during the trial,” Iswahyudi said.

“I don’t understand why he wrote that letter and said that I told him to pay. We even paid for his food,” Soenardi said"

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...ends-message-jokowi.html#sthash.VwBmn42z.dpuf

What happened to the pink lipstick and Hello Kitty headband once she got into the courtroom? :giggle:

Yes, they definitely have a connection. Funny that it is in connection with bribery, isn't it. Who would have thought it? :rolleyes:

I guess Judge Cohen didn't look too far, or the lawyers did not present the right stuff. Doesn't Cohen have interns that can research this kind of important stuff? I know that here we have lawyers who work as interns for judges while building their careers.

Oh well, maybe Soenardi and Iswahyudi will say the same things when Heather asks what she paid $150,000 for.

"His lawyer Ary B Soenardi and colleague Iswahyudi strongly denied Lubbe’s written claim.

“It is not true. It’s defamation. We never asked him to pay anything. We were sincerely helping him during the trial,” Iswahyudi said.

“I don’t understand why he wrote that letter and said that I told him to pay. We even paid for his food,” Soenardi said"

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...ends-message-jokowi.html#sthash.VwBmn42z.dpuf

How come they claim they never asked Henri Lubbe to pay anything when according to Soenardi, his going rate for murder cases is $150,000 U.S.? And according to Henri Lubbe, he was willing to take on his drug case for $30,000 U.S.? But when asked, both lawyers suggested that they do not ask for retainer fees? ;)

Lawyers representing an American couple on trial in Indonesia have argued there is no evidence of premeditated murder in her mother's death and have sought light sentences.

Their lawyers Ary Soenardi and Iswahyudi Edy argued Tuesday that both the defendants deserve light sentences since they are still young and regret their deeds.

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/lawyers-seek-leniency-see-no-proof-us-couple-125132883.html

No :no: ..... they need to spend 20 years in prison and have a good, long think about what they have done. Then maybe they won't be tempted to do it again when the next unfortunate wealthy person enters their lives.

Sheila's friends need to get over there and sit in court, talk to a few journalists there, show their support and the need for justice for Sheila in the place where it counts. That is truly the best thing someone could do for their friend right now.

Ary Soenardi, a lawyer for Mack, said his client has apologized and still regrets what happened.

"The defendant still regrets and feels sad over the death of her late mother," Soenardi said. "As the only child, the defendant has lost the love of a mother."

He doubted how the prosecutors concluded that Mack committed a premeditated murder, since none of 22 witnesses heard in the trial knew exactly what was really done by the defendant.

Therefore, he hoped that the judge would "take into account the social and psychological conditions of the defendant in deciding the verdict and hand down as light as possible sentence."

http://www.tribtown.com/view/story/3a60de3095734dc680af9f7030be6680/AS--Indonesia-US-Woman-Dead

In Schaefer's trial, lawyer Iswahyudi Edy said the 18-year year term is too heavy as the prosecutors could not prove premeditation.

"The crime done by the defendant was actually preceded by a series of incidents including a quarrel between Mack and her mother, who threatened to kill the unborn baby," Edy said. "Mack called the defendant through a short message ... and the defendant just came to protect Mack without intention to kill the victim."

He cited confessions from both Schaefer and Mack in which they said the attitude of von Wiese-Mack could have been to blame, since she could not accept her daughter's pregnancy.

Presiding judge Made Suweda adjourned the hearing until Thursday to give prosecutors the chance to defend their charges.

http://www.tribtown.com/view/story/3a60de3095734dc680af9f7030be6680/AS--Indonesia-US-Woman-Dead

I think I need something stronger than coffee to take in those comments about the remorse that Mack is feeling -- sadness ((hmm)) may be a result of not having access to the $$ as quickly as she had hoped MOO

I think we all knew that we'd need strong stomachs to follow this phase of the trial.

HM is going to plead innocent to everything; TS is going to effectively plead self-defense.

It's kind of ironic, really. A high school drop out in a third world country managed to do what her $150K + $128K hotshot American 'legal team' couldn't do - she found a lawyer to get her off. The prosecution led the way by low-balling their charges; the judges will now fulfill their end of the bargain by pretending to be convinced by Soenardi's 'powerful' arguments.

IIRC, if HM gets off, that means the slayer rule can't be applied. We can only hope that the feds will be waiting to go after her when she returns to the US.

So the bribes worked, huh? 15 years for a ruthless murder while the Bali 9 are about to die for drug running? Despicable.

How much money from the trust did HM's attorney ultimately receive? And did he ever present an itemized bill as required?

There is more real and actual evidence to convict HM &TS to the maximum sentence than there is to reduce it.

Now they have a lawyer saying that the pair blame SvWM's attitude for the reason that they killed her.

And from the girl who says she loved her mom and misses her everyday.

:notgood:

I guess the text messages didn't make it in as evidence? Or the fact that Sheila knew about the pregnancy before going to Bali. But when the prosecution is paid off, there is no voice for the victim. What a farce. :notgood:

MOO

So the bribes worked, huh? 15 years for a ruthless murder while the Bali 9 are about to die for drug running? Despicable.

How much money from the trust did HM's attorney ultimately receive? And did he ever present an itemized bill as required?

The bribes appear to have worked better than expected but we have to wait for the final verdict to find out how well. Considering that article I posted earlier from 2014 indicated that $120,000 was a high figure for bribes, the $150,000 that AS was demanding was even higher (and he originally tried for $300,000).

At last count I believe AS had received $119,000. Not sure if the $31,000 balance has been sent yet. I think there may be another court date,regarding the trust, in the US soon? Bugbear usually is on top of those. And as for an itemized bill, I'd love to see any "invoice" Ary/Ray sent. I think if he did send billing for $150,000 a copy of it should be sent to his local tax office. ;)

MOO

At last count I believe AS had received $119,000. Not sure if the $31,000 balance has been sent yet. I think there may be another court date,regarding the trust, in the US soon?

Yes, there is a court date today from the new atty. and then one on the 10th. The figure is up to $119,000 and the interim trustee, Mackoff has 2 itemized bills I read at this point. HM's request was originally for $300,000 and Cohen denied it as too high, almost right off the bat is my understanding. So with the medical bill (altho some of that was ok'd by WW out of court) and money that was allowed for food, looks like HM has quite a ways to go in attempting to drain the 1 mil plus trust her Mom set up. Lots of that will be going to the US lawyers I guess, but you can't blame WW from trying, I'm sure I'd do the same if I were in his place. What will be the key determinative factor will be what if anything HM is convicted of as to how much of the monies she finally will end up with.

I see that 'lawyers request leniency' has hit many news publications in the US.

Now, wouldn't it be apt if the FBI saw those headlines, read those articles, and gave Judge Made Suweda a little phone call asking what happened to the text message evidence they provided? Perhaps even volunteer to present the evidence themselves?

Someone from the US needs to step in here and be heard - right now.

Lawyers representing an American couple on trial in Indonesia have argued there is no evidence of premeditated murder in her mother's death and have sought light sentences.

Their lawyers Ary Soenardi and Iswahyudi Edy argued Tuesday that both the defendants deserve light sentences since they are still young and regret their deeds.

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/lawyers-seek-leniency-see-no-proof-us-couple-125132883.html

No :no: ..... they need to spend 20 years in prison and have a good, long think about what they have done. Then maybe they won't be tempted to do it again when the next unfortunate wealthy person enters their lives.

Sheila's friends need to get over there and sit in court, talk to a few journalists there, show their support and the need for justice for Sheila in the place where it counts. That is truly the best thing someone could do for their friend right now.

From the above article:

"The defendant still regrets and feels sad over the death of her late mother," Soenardi said. "As the only child, the defendant has lost the love of a mother."

and

"The crime done by the defendant was actually preceded by a series of incidents including a quarrel between Mack and her mother, who threatened to kill the unborn baby," Edy said. "Mack called the defendant through a short message ... and the defendant just came to protect Mack without intention to kill the victim."[/I]

This just makes me want to vomit :furious:

From the above article:

and

"The crime done by the defendant was actually preceded by a series of incidents including a quarrel between Mack and her mother, who threatened to kill the unborn baby," Edy said. "Mack called the defendant through a short message ... and the defendant just came to protect Mack without intention to kill the victim."[/I]

This just makes me want to vomit :furious:

“Hey Tommy, come quick! My mother may harm me. Yes, my mother … the 62-year old woman who I have beaten, threatened, and stolen from since a young age. The one who spent all that money to bring me on this holiday, and paid for your trip and room, too.
Bring a heavy fruit bowl, property of the hotel, hide it under your shirt, as a pleasant surprise gift for her. She’ll like that.”

It's beyond incredulous. Poor Sheila. And the friends and family who actually did love her. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire