GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right. If he's already managed to get into hard drugs when he gets to visit HM/Stella all the time, he's never going to last when HM is freed.
Even if he does, Heather gets out earlier than him and no matter what the feds have planned for her, she is never looking back at Tommy. Right now that's all she has got. But once she ties her tennies and starts to get away from there. He is a long ago memory. He got 10 more years.

Is body in a suitcase killer Heather Mack about to give up her baby? Daughter Stella let out of Bali jail without her for first time

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...let-Bali-jail-without-time.html#ixzz3pJIMsfk9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just more baseless tabloid speculation IMO. Judging by her IG, she probably sent Stella alone to the hospital because she was too busy celebrating her birthday with her cellmates. ;)

MOO

This was online Oct. 14:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/investiga...w-Murder-May-Have-Been-Planned-332756251.html

I've had company and haven't had time to post it. It is a Chicago news station video. Regarding WW filing a petition to invoke the slayer statute. I have written some quotes here:
"Heather Mack is representing herself" -the news investigator said this
"The Judge says baby Stella must be cared for and get the attention she needs"
"WW Lawyers says they'd make exceptions for the baby" "If Mack and Shaffer back away from the trust fund, baby Stella will benefit"

They interviewed WW's lawyer, Len Lerose "Stella will be beneficiary under the trust"

News investigator then says, "the court appointed guardian has been in contact with the US consulate in Bali. They are providing free food for the baby and arranging for any medical care Stella needs".

He then says, "we will know more when court convenes on Nov. 2".

News investigator then says, "the court appointed guardian has been in contact with the US consulate in Bali. They are providing free food for the baby and arranging for any medical care Stella needs".

This makes me think maybe HM did not have a choice in taking Stella to Hospital herself, that maybe they have put very strict monetary rulings on "how" Stella will get her food and care. Not via HM hmm good, if that's the case :)

Is body in a suitcase killer Heather Mack about to give up her baby? Daughter Stella let out of Bali jail without her for first time

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...let-Bali-jail-without-time.html#ixzz3pJIMsfk9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just more baseless tabloid speculation IMO. Judging by her IG, she probably sent Stella alone to the hospital because she was too busy celebrating her birthday with her cellmates. ;)

MOO

Good! No more excuses for day shopping trips/excursions out for her.

I wonder if her hospital/shopping trips were a perk that she was paying for - and now she is saving her money for her phone.

I think money was last distributed for Stella and HM's prison needs in June. She may have gotten low on funds and tried to blackmail Cohen by threatening to withhold care from Stella. If so, the consulate/guardian have stepped in to take care of that.

At any rate, I think the last thing HM will give up is her phone. It's the only connection to the life of wealth and privilege that she thinks she's going back to.

Does she have any Instragram updates? Her lawyer is gone, and she is now apparently repping herself. Will she be entitled to a court appointed lawyer? (Great....tax dollars repping an inmate in Bali). I have a feeling on Nov 2 WW will file the paperwork to involve the slayer statue, and HM will cry, "poor me! I have been cut off from MY $ and need a free lawyer to rep me!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does she have any Instragram updates? Her lawyer is gone, and she is now apparently repping herself. Will she be entitled to a court appointed lawyer? (Great....tax dollars repping an inmate in Bali). I have a feeling on Nov 2 WW will file the paperwork to involve the slayer statue, and HM will cry, "poor me! I have been cut off from MY $ and need a free lawyer to rep me!"

Let me check.

ETA: No news on her IG. Posted 2 days ago a photo of baby Stella.

:wave: Hi Everyone! I'm following along. Thank You All for keeping me updated. Just haven't been able to post a decent sentence on here lately. My disgust of HM and the lenient sentencing she received, plus her antics, and even her smile, makes me so sick I rather not say more.

Baby Stella is cute and seems to be surviving. I guess she's bonded with her murderous mother which is actually quite sad. The sooner the better when this baby can start a new life outside of prison.

Anxious to see how it goes on Nov. 2nd and hope WW does get a legal handle on stopping HM from smiling in her fun days at "camp".

I don't believe she is eligible for a lawyer at taxpayer expense because this is a civil case, not criminal.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-bali-murder-federal-charges-met-20150923-story.html

Schaefer's U.S. lawyer, Thomas Anthony Durkin, said he spoke to his client briefly by phone Wednesday afternoon from his cell in Indonesia, but the connection was cut off. Durkin would not comment on the specific allegations in the complaint.

This caught my eye. Durkin, unlike Elkin, seemed to know from the start how limited his role could be in Bali. I seem to recall him saying that he was only advising TS and KW as a favor to the family.

I think he was in court with Bibbs. Interesting that TS apparently made two calls to the US and both were cut off - one to Bibbs, just as he was getting arrested, and one to Durkin. I thought the timing with Bibbs was curious. The FBI had tried to arrest him once, but were told he was out of town for a week. They followed up by going to another address he was associated with. They found him there and arrested him. What are the odds that TS would happen to call him right then? Keep in mind, there's a big time difference between the US and Bali. I am also curious what TS could have to talk to Durkin about.

Bibbs is eligible for a public defender if he can't afford to hire someone.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/guardian-heather-macks-baby-should-be-transferred-out-of-cell/1064544/

Some court activity. As always, it would be great to have a few more details, but there was some encouraging news.

CHICAGO (WLS) --
A guardian appointed by the court to represent the interests of Heather Mack's baby Stella says the child should be transferred out of the inmate's Indonesian cell.
The court heard an update from baby Stella's Guardian ad Litem, Peter Schmiedel, who said the 7-month-old is in good health and has received all her vaccinations. But he also said it is a critical time to transfer her to a safe place, as Stella is still living with her mother in a cell that is shared with at least four pregnant women and one other woman with a 1-year-old.

Motions for more than $200,000 in attorney fees by the attorneys who represented Heather Mack during her criminal trial were denied by a judge Monday at the same hearing.

The status of Mack's trust fund has been in flux since she was charged with her mother's murder. On Monday, a judge denied Mack's request for more trust money as the courts determine whether Mack is subject to the Illinois Slayer Statute, which says a person who intentionally causes the death of another person cannot receive property as a result of that person's death. Attorneys are waiting on written clarification of her actual criminal conviction to determine how it will be interpreted under the statute.

Mack's trust fund is currently overseen by von Wiese-Mack's brother, William von Wiese. The judge gave trust attorneys 90 days regarding the Slayer Statute Petition to obtain further documentation, including third-party subpoenas in Indonesia. The next status hearing will be held on Feb. 3, 2016.

I'm glad to hear that the judge (Cohen?) has denied HM any more money for the time being. She must be raging in her cell right now :laughing:
I guess the Judge doesn't care about HM's 'attitude and what it do'. [emoji23] [emoji23]

"Attorneys are waiting on written clarification of her actual criminal conviction to determine how it will be interpreted under the statute."

I thought the US court already had the written conviction?? We saw a pdf of it. I mean, it was finished MONTHS ago. What is the hold up?

Very glad they denied the bills from lawyers. Guess that explains why Heather is "basically representing herself".

I wonder if the guardian has been to Bali? They recommend getting Stella out of there, (duh!), but how could that physically happen? Can the US ask Bali to extradite her? HM has had all kinds of say about her daughter's care over there, as if it is a right of the mother. I wonder if it is a law there?

Feb 6 seems like a very long time from now. However, I don't see how the slayer statue would not be invoked. And I don't see any smart lawyer taking on HM's case. Guess we will keep our eyes out for Bibbs.

Weezer Fan, I think there are two issues going on.

1) Indonesian laws and US laws don't line up exactly. HM will argue that she was not convicted of being a 'slayer', she was only convicted of being an accessory after the fact. That may mean the slayer statute doesn't apply. Needless to say, there's a lot at stake for both sides. It has taken time to get the Bali court records, probably more time to get a competent legal translation - and then presumably a judge will have to decide if HM is legally a 'slayer'.

2) Someone did a very good analysis in this forum, but I don't have time to search for you. Timing is everything. It's possible that the 'slayer statute' might disqualify HM but not Stella. That really opens up a can of worms, of course, because if the inheritance skips HM and passes to Stella, well...now you have a murdering mom with a very wealthy little daughter. Obviously this would be a satisfactory outcome for HM because she'd still have access to the money, even if with some oversight.

I'm much more optimistic about the outcome now. Even if US prosecutors thought there wasn't enough evidence to re-try HM for murder when she gets back to the US, there's surely enough evidence to convict her of 'conspiracy to commit', the crime Bibbs is charged with. It does actually carry a 20-year maximum penalty.

I guess the Judge doesn't care about HM's 'attitude and what it do'. [emoji23] [emoji23]

Her attitude got her locked up for 10 years in Bali and she'll lose her daughter over it. That's "what it do"!!

"Attorneys are waiting on written clarification of her actual criminal conviction to determine how it will be interpreted under the statute."

I thought the US court already had the written conviction?? We saw a pdf of it. I mean, it was finished MONTHS ago. What is the hold up?

Very glad they denied the bills from lawyers. Guess that explains why Heather is "basically representing herself".

I wonder if the guardian has been to Bali? They recommend getting Stella out of there, (duh!), but how could that physically happen? Can the US ask Bali to extradite her? HM has had all kinds of say about her daughter's care over there, as if it is a right of the mother. I wonder if it is a law there?

Feb 6 seems like a very long time from now. However, I don't see how the slayer statue would not be invoked. And I don't see any smart lawyer taking on HM's case. Guess we will keep our eyes out for Bibbs.
Stella needs to be gotten out of prison, but what's her citizenship? Indonesian? American? Dual citizenship?? Heather should have zero say in where and when Stella goes. That's how it works in the US. She is a convicted murderer who murderer her mother, she probably wouldn't hesitate to harm her daughter if she saw fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper