GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said to someone off-thread, and I will say it here, too.

I am not too concerned about Stella now. The Bali people are typically gentle and kind, very loving to their children, live a clean life. I feel that Stella will be well cared for once she is out of Kerobokan.

Even her visits to Kerobokan (for as long as they last) will be in an outside courtyard, sharing fruit and laughs, playing with other child visitors ... it won't be too bad. She won't be exposed any more to the 'inside' of the prison, where the really horrible crap happens. The visits will be better than prison visits in our Western-type prisons.

Stella's problems will surface when she has to go back to the custody of her whacky murderous mother.

Thanks for this, South Aussie. Your words make me feel like little Stella will be OK. I wonder if Stella's visits to Hotel K will include her father? It seems no one cares about his relationship with his daughter. Maybe because he is the one who was actually charged with murdering SWM? Don't know.

But this may be the last update we get of Stella. In the future while the US courts are hashing out the slayer ruling, I doubt that any updates about Stella will be given. I wish her well and will continue to pray for her safety and her right to be loved unconditionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, well, well .... it seems karma has finally arrived for Heather. Now she will be all alone in a stinking hot, humid, rowdy, crowded prison with no mother, no child, no-one to love her. For eight lonely years. May she have a wonderful, drugged up, imprisoned, online, crowded-prison life with fewer privileges .... now that Stella's stipend will (hopefully) be used only for Stella.

It seems Stella will now enjoy a good life, with a prominent political family, in a nice home, with a couple of 'siblings', plenty of food and love and sunshine and attention.

I wonder if Stella's foster family will allow Stella to accompany Heather when she is deported after her sentence? Or if they will wait until Heather is 'settled' in the US before taking Stella to her ... and that may never happen if Heather is taken into custody when she arrives on US soil and charged with conspiracy to murder.

As Kamille says, Heather is dealing with the family of a prominent Bali lawmaker now. I can't see him setting a precedent and not deporting Heather, that would lead to a downfall in future cases. And they are certainly adhering to the law of Stella leaving the prison now she is two.

This family will get very attached to Stella, and Stella to them. And Stella's father will still be in Kerobokan when Heather is scheduled for deportation. A valid reason for Stella to remain in Bali for even longer under their care?

Ms Suartama, who is married to a Balinese man and whose father is Balinese and mother Australian, has two sons of her own aged about 11 and seven.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/li...y/news-story/30b6a919feb9be9ecf5a671b1c71afca

This says "adopted". I am going to assume that this does not mean what it means in the US. I couldn't access the story. Will Stella have to be reunited with her murderous mother in10 years?

Maybe this will work out for Stella. If HM is released from Indonesia prison, but has to return to the US, face conspiracy charges, and goes to prison, Stella may not have to deal with her any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM: My thoughts exactly, Weezer.

And no-one is even going to force Stella to visit her mother in prison, if she doesn't want to. Who is going to tell the family of a prominent lawmaker that they must do that? This is a never-done-before thing. I feel that there will be lots of changes along the way, if things do not suit Stella's good and healthy upbringing from hereon in.
What is Heather going to do about it? Have a little tantrum? Go for it, Heather. No-one will care.

Ultimately, Stella could have a very good life now, and not have to deal with her crazy mother until she is an adult ... if she chooses to at that point.
And she won't have to face that cold and snowy Illinois weather .... hahaha!! It is an island paradise for Stella now. :)

Well, well, well .... it seems karma has finally arrived for Heather. Now she will be all alone in a stinking hot, humid, rowdy, crowded prison with no mother, no child, no-one to love her. For eight lonely years. May she have a wonderful, drugged up, imprisoned, online, crowded-prison life with fewer privileges .... now that Stella's stipend will (hopefully) be used only for Stella.

It seems Stella will now enjoy a good life, with a prominent political family, in a nice home, with a couple of 'siblings', plenty of food and love and sunshine and attention.

I wonder if Stella's foster family will allow Stella to accompany Heather when she is deported after her sentence? Or if they will wait until Heather is 'settled' in the US before taking Stella to her ... and that may never happen if Heather is taken into custody when she arrives on US soil and charged with conspiracy to murder.

As Kamille says, Heather is dealing with the family of a prominent Bali lawmaker now. I can't see him setting a precedent and not deporting Heather, that would lead to a downfall in future cases. And they are certainly adhering to the law of Stella leaving the prison now she is two.

This family will get very attached to Stella, and Stella to them. And Stella's father will still be in Kerobokan when Heather is scheduled for deportation. A valid reason for Stella to remain in Bali for even longer under their care?

Ms Suartama, who is married to a Balinese man and whose father is Balinese and mother Australian, has two sons of her own aged about 11 and seven.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/li...y/news-story/30b6a919feb9be9ecf5a671b1c71afca

I see it a little differently SouthAussie but I think we both agree on the fact that things are likely going to change with regards to OS, and perhaps her family's, loyalties to HM once Stella is living with them. I'd love to think that the queen of the con game has been one upped by this family. I guess time will tell on that. But I do like your description of how much better Stella's life will be once she's outside the prison.

I think it's HM's connection to this family that have made things as good as they can possibly be for her since her arrest. It was probably them that steered her to AS. I had thought it was possible that once they knew the truth about what happened from the media stories about the murder and the FBI releases of the evidence against RB, that they may try to distance themselves from her but that does not appear to be the case. I believe OS at least, has been "bankrolling" HM and making sure she has plenty of supplies and day trips outside the prison. Can't see that stopping now. In fact I see it happening more often. Above all else, OS and HM developed a close friendship. OS may be the nurturing type and I think she's been buying the carp HM has been selling all along.

No wonder TS is against this move. I guess he stopped getting help and supplies from OS as soon as things went south with HM. So he gets to rot on the much worse men's side of Kerobokan, with no outside help and do his 18 years while his cousin back in Chicago awaits his sentence. Which might also be longer than HM's. And she will continue to reap the benefits of her friendship with OS until perhaps OS wises up and reads about just what a piece of work Stella's mother is and how dangerous it would be for them to welcome HM into their family should she somehow get early parole or figure out a way to stay in Bali after her sentence is up. For now though, she's sure got them fooled. Just like she had her mother fooled. And look how that turned out. :notgood:

MOO

BBM: My thoughts exactly, Weezer.

And no-one is even going to force Stella to visit her mother in prison, if she doesn't want to. Who is going to tell the family of a prominent lawmaker that they must do that? This is a never-done-before thing. I feel that there will be lots of changes along the way, if things do not suit Stella's good and healthy upbringing from hereon in.
What is Heather going to do about it? Have a little tantrum? Go for it, Heather. No-one will care.

Ultimately, Stella could have a very good life now, and not have to deal with her crazy mother until she is an adult ... if she chooses to at that point.
And she won't have to face that cold and snowy Illinois weather .... hahaha!! It is an island paradise for Stella now. :)

Oh I hope that's how things turn out SouthAussie. I hope the family just cuts demanding HM off and realizes that Stella is much better off without her influence. But I would think there must be some legal paperwork involved in this guardianship that requires OS to hold up her end of the bargain, whatever that might be.

But just imagine Stella getting to live in Bali for the rest of her life in a loving family with her murdering mother's million dollar plus trust fund. While her murdering mother and father spend another 20+ years in a US prison for conspiracy.

Now that would be a fitting end to this mess.

MOO

Oh I hope that's how things turn out SouthAussie. I hope the family just cuts demanding HM off and realizes that Stella is much better off without her influence. But I would think there must be some legal paperwork involved in this guardianship that requires OS to hold up her end of the bargain, whatever that might be.

But just imagine Stella getting to live in Bali for the rest of her life in a loving family with her murdering mother's million dollar plus trust fund. While her murdering mother and father spend another 20+ years in a US prison for conspiracy.

Now that would be a fitting end to this mess.

MOO

Yes, I believe there would be some legal paperwork, too. Nothing that can't be amended by the Family Court though, should any part of the arrangement not be good for Stella's health and well-being. Heather and Stella are subject to the laws of Bali, at the moment.

And, who knows, it may just be that Stella has a permanent residency visa and the rest is agreed 'in good faith' .... something that Heather is not real good with.

If Stella's visits with her mum cause her angst and disruption - and let's face it, Heather is very good at causing angst and disruption - then I believe and hope that this well-to-do family with no smears against their name would come down on the side of Stella.

Stella may prove to be the little daughter that OS does not currently have. She will hold a lovely place in this family, for a long while at least.

Fingers crossed! :)

I believe OS at least, has been "bankrolling" HM and making sure she has plenty of supplies and day trips outside the prison. Can't see that stopping now. In fact I see it happening more often. Above all else, OS and HM developed a close friendship. OS may be the nurturing type and I think she's been buying the carp HM has been selling all along.

RSBM

I am hoping that the day trips were more about getting Stella out of prison for a while (on OS' part) , and perhaps getting her accustomed to being on the 'outside' and among other people ... as opposed to giving a mother-murderer some freedom for a while.

Let's hope that OS is being guided by her astute parents/family in this matter. Heather was convicted of some pretty horrible stuff, even if she didn't go down for the murder itself. They must be very aware of the conspiracy investigation into Heather, too.

But we will probably never know - at least not until 8 years have passed and we hear about Heather's deportation (or lack thereof) - as things will probably go very quiet now, with regard to Stella and her day-to-day life.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I have always been against putting Stella with KW. I've never been convinced that KW would be so anxious for custody of Stella if Stella didn't have money. When she talked about getting custody and needing to ensure top schools and therapy for Stella, that just sounded to me like she was focused on a $$$ lifestyle and not what is best for Stella. I'm also sure that KW would teach Stella to forgive TS and her uncle while putting all the blame on HM. That's no good for Stella.

I have read that Stella will visit Kerobokan monthly. Even if Oshar recognizes what kind of person HM is, she can still care about Stella. I hope she gets something legally binding so HM can't just throw a hissy-fit and yank Stella for no good reason.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I have always been against putting Stella with KW. I've never been convinced that KW would be so anxious for custody of Stella if Stella didn't have money. When she talked about getting custody and needing to ensure top schools and therapy for Stella, that just sounded to me like she was focused on a $$$ lifestyle and not what is best for Stella. I'm also sure that KW would teach Stella to forgive TS and her uncle while putting all the blame on HM. That's no good for Stella.

I have read that Stella will visit Kerobokan monthly. Even if Oshar recognizes what kind of person HM is, she can still care about Stella. I hope she gets something legally binding so HM can't just throw a hissy-fit and yank Stella for no good reason.

BBM: I think Heather will struggle to do anything at all against this powerful family.

If you research OS' father ... has been a prominent lawmaker/legislator for years and years, is a Member of Parliament, is involved also with some tourism businesses. And her mother owns a cargo shipping company, and a real estate company.

There is a lawyer in the family (who is not attached to Heather's case, or Tommy's case). Adult children are university educated.

They have $$$ and they have prominence and power.

Happy 2nd Birthday Stella -

attachment.php

Better days ahead sweetheart.

Attachments

• 2 Happy-Birthday-Wishes-For-2-Years-Baby-With-Cake.jpg
    2 Happy-Birthday-Wishes-For-2-Years-Baby-With-Cake.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 76
Main Stream Media
17th March 2017
Australian Balinese woman to care for American killer Heather Mack’s baby
Heather Mack, who committed the heinous crime with her boyfriend Tommy Schaefer, will hand over her baby daughter Stella to Australian-Balinese woman Oshar Putu Melody Suartama.
-----
She befriended Mack in 2014 when Mack and her boyfriend were *detained in Denpasar police station as suspects in the grisly murder of Mack’s wealthy mother, Sheila Von Wiese-Mack, in a five-star resort in Bali.
At the time, Mack was pregnant and Ms Suartama, who was at the police station to help foreigners with translations, saw her sleeping on the floor.
Yulius Benyamin Seran, the lawyer for Mack and Stella, told News Corp Australia Ms Suartama started bringing Mack milk and supplies.
Ms Suartama also supported Mack throughout her trial in the Denpasar District Court.
An agreement has now been made that Ms Suartama will care fulltime for Stella, who will live at her home in Bali, and that she will bring the little girl to visit her mother at Kerobokan prison at least once a week.
Ms Suartama would not comment to News Corp Australia ahead of today’s handover. This is the first time such an agreement has been made.

-----

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Stella 2.JPG
    Stella 2.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 71
  • Stella.JPG
    Stella.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 71
Are all these Australian news sites subscription only? I cannot access any of the articles recently posted here as they are all "Premium" content.

Are all these Australian news sites subscription only? I cannot access any of the articles recently posted here as they are all "Premium" content.

Try looking up HM in Google and accessing the article that way. For some reason the same thing happens to me with the links posted but not when I look up the story on Google myself. :waitasec:

This article doesn't tell us anything we don't know already

http://rollingout.com/2017/03/16/toddler-jailed-chicago-mom-must-grow-indonesian-foster-care/

Apart from this:

Schaefer has expressed profound remorse for his role in the killing and has called Heather Mack an unfit mother. He is working on a film to be produced about the murder and his life behind bars.

TS is working on a film?!

I think we heard that HM was doing the same at some point. Supposedly working with a friend of SVWM. I don't think either of them, TS in particular, would be able to profit from a film about the crime. Are they going to be you tube or snap chat films? :giggle:

I don't think they realize that there is likely only a few hundred people worldwide that even bother to follow this story. And most of them are probably only interested in what happens to Stella at this point.

MOO

BBM: I think Heather will struggle to do anything at all against this powerful family.

If you research OS' father ... has been a prominent lawmaker/legislator for years and years, is a Member of Parliament, is involved also with some tourism businesses. And her mother owns a cargo shipping company, and a real estate company.

There is a lawyer in the family (who is not attached to Heather's case, or Tommy's case). Adult children are university educated.

They have $$$ and they have prominence and power.

That's one heck of a family then, isn't it - or is it.

This situation brings out the sceptic in me somewhat.
I don't know why, but considering the background of the family, what is it about HM & TS that have attracted OS to become involved to this extent.
I'm not thinking this is exclusively a charitable endeavour maybe more so a business one.
Where does the benefit truly lie and who gains? To what extent does OS benefit from all of this, or do others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18