GUILTY Bali - Sheila von Wiese Mack, 62, found dead in suitcase, 12 Aug 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all these Australian news sites subscription only? I cannot access any of the articles recently posted here as they are all "Premium" content.

We take a sentence from the article and google search the sentence, then open that link, and we can usually access the article that way.
Which is why we have learned to post a sentence or two, or the headline, from the article. :)

That's one heck of a family then, isn't it - or is it.

This situation brings out the sceptic in me somewhat.
I don't know why, but considering the background of the family, what is it about HM & TS that have attracted OS to become involved to this extent.
I'm not thinking this is exclusively a charitable endeavour maybe more so a business one.
Where does the benefit truly lie and who gains? To what extent does OS benefit from all of this, or do others.

I dunno, FigTree. Oshar is a regular at the prison, to help with translation for English-speaking persons. I think that is why she is often at their trials and court appearances, too. She is half Aussie, and many/most of the English-speaking people she encounters in the prison and at court would be Australian, as we well know. :(

I can't really see any great business advantage for the family to be involved with Stella/Heather. The family are smart enough to know that large sums of money cannot come their way, and I don't believe they need the money. They are well established, wealthy people. Not middle or lower class people looking for a buck. They must know that Heather and Tommy murdered for money, and with a lawyer in the family they will be able to see the murkiness of the $$$$ situation.

The money is not in Heather's control, and may never be in her control. And they would be aware of the dribbles of $$ that 'Stella' receives, hence the ongoing supply of charitable goods.

I hope, and think that it is very possible, that Oshar's continued involvement is due to empathy for Stella. I believe that someone (she?) was trying to get Heather to allow Stella to leave at a much younger age? IIRC prior media reports suggested that, somewhere along the way.

The best way to help a child is to keep a close eye on them and befriend the mother. No point in making enemies with the person that controls the child. Any social worker will tell us that.

We see such bad people here on WS, but they only comprise a small percentage of the world's population, There are many, many more good people. I hope we can recognise the good ones when they come along. And I hope that Oshar and her family are in that group. I have looked and looked on the internet, and I cannot find a smear or hint of anything bad against them.
For example, Oshar's father is very concerned about dangerous breaches of hotel zoning and the too-close building/encroachment of hotels to roadsides and beaches. Concerned for the population and their safety. He is trying to get someone to enforce the safety laws in that regard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-killer-Heather-Mack-Bali-jail-daughter.html

Wishing little Estelle all the best. Good sleeps, bedtime stories, trips to the park and the beach, and lots of quiet time.

Gorgeous little girl. :) Looks like she has had the surgery on that extra digit on her hand, too.

But Tommy sounds as if he is starting to lose it.

Stella's father Tommy had a brief meeting with his daughter Friday morning in the prison office. 'He hadn't seen her for about two months and has been behaving very strangely lately,' one inmate said.

'He was put in solitary confinement for three weeks after attacking another prisoner with an iron bar recently and has been telling everyone he is a prophet from God.'

After being released from solitary confinement, Schaefer was moved to a block occupied mostly by Muslim prisoners, the inmate said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-killer-Heather-Mack-Bali-jail-daughter.html

Try looking up HM in Google and accessing the article that way. For some reason the same thing happens to me with the links posted but not when I look up the story on Google myself. :waitasec:

Thanks Kamille, I managed to access one of the Australian articles that way :tyou:.

You have a good heart SA - a kind a nice reply to my post, with perspective and optimism. Needed that today :).
Many thanks.

Gorgeous little girl. :) Looks like she has had the surgery on that extra digit on her hand, too.

But Tommy sounds as if he is starting to lose it.

More from that article:
Schaefer mother Kia Walker failed in an application to a Chicago court to be Stella's legal guardian and raise her granddaughter in the US.
And as the girl was taken through the prison to her new guardian, Schaefer made it clear he was furious at the outcome.
'This is wrong! Stella doesn't belong here in Bali - she should be with my mother in America,' he shouted. 'I'm American, Heather is American and Stella is American. Why is she being allowed to stay in Bali?'
-----
In the article at then was this interesting quote:
Mack has told fellow inmates her biggest fear is that Stella – who has no passport – will be deported to America and lost to her forever while she serves out her sentence.

This Daily Mail article has pictures. Sorry, I'm no good at getting the photos here. Also, there is a video at the end of Stella's party, HM crying, and Stella's departure from the prison. Followed by an interview with a spokesperson.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...e-killer-Heather-Mack-Bali-jail-daughter.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

There is also a video at the article

Attachments

• Stella 3.JPG
    Stella 3.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 59
This is the only article where I've read anything about TS. It does sound like he is loosing it.

I read the comments on this article. No one feels one ounce of empathy for HM.

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...ver-guardian-bali-prison-suitcase-murder/amp/

They had a birthday party for Stella before she left with OS. I find it interesting that TS is never named. Wonder if he got to see Stella before she left.

According to the Daily Mail article, Tommy got to see Stella briefly in the prison office on Friday morning, having not seen her for two months.

Stella's father Tommy had a brief meeting with his daughter Friday morning in the prison office. 'He hadn't seen her for about two months and has been behaving very strangely lately,' one inmate said.

'He was put in solitary confinement for three weeks after attacking another prisoner with an iron bar recently and has been telling everyone he is a prophet from God.'

After being released from solitary confinement, Schaefer was moved to a block occupied mostly by Muslim prisoners, the inmate said.

Schaefer mother Kia Walker failed in an application to a Chicago court to be Stella's legal guardian and raise her granddaughter in the US.

And as the girl was taken through the prison to her new guardian, Schaefer made it clear he was furious at the outcome.

'This is wrong! Stella doesn't belong here in Bali - she should be with my mother in America,' he shouted. 'I'm American, Heather is American and Stella is American. Why is she being allowed to stay in Bali?'

More from that article:
-----
In the article at then was this interesting quote:
Mack has told fellow inmates her biggest fear is that Stella – who has no passport – will be deported to America and lost to her forever while she serves out her sentence.

Strange. Other articles said the birth had been registered with the US Consulate and that Stella had a passport.

Links regarding Stella leaving the prison -

EXCLUSIVE: 'It's tearing me apart': Body-in-a-suitcase killer Heather Mack's heartbreak as she gives up two year old daughter Stella
to a foster mother and languishes alone in Bali jail

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Mack-Bali-jail-daughter.html#ixzz4baluK7rp

Heather Mack has handed over her two-year-old Stella to Oshar Putu Melody Suartama as per prison rules
Cindy Wockner and Komang Erviani in Bali, News Corp Australia Network
March 17, 2017 4:30pm
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/30f148398dd5b1737767d6c19240bfc2

abc7chicago
HEATHER MACK, CONVICTED IN BALI 'SUITCASE MURDER,' GIVES UP CUSTODY OF BABY
http://abc7chicago.com/news/heather-mack-gives-up-custody-of-baby-stella/1805367/
Prison chief Tony Nainggolan said the girl's development will be supervised by government social workers.
-----
"We will allow the girl to meet her mother any time," Nainggolan said.
-----

Here are my observations from the news coverage of Stella's custody arrangement.

There were very vague documents signed in the prison office. The attorney in Bali who came out in the news as HM's attorney when the tapes were released, actually signed the documents as OS's attorney. Not sure who signed as an advocate on behalf of Heather. I noticed she printed her name rather than signed it. I guess she thinks that won't be legally binding? Always trying to be tricky that HM. OS and her attorney were heading for the immigration office after Stella left the prison with them. For what reason would that be?

HM's current date of release is Nov 18, 2023. HM's arrest was on August 12, 2014. The documents state her "punishment" is 10 years. So she's managed to shave about 10 months off her sentence so far. And that's with supposedly not getting rewarded last year for uploading photos and videos from the prison. Since she's only been there for two years and is known to be a "difficult" prisoner that's quite an accomplishment. And since she's no longer uploading publicly to the internet she should be out in no time.

TS was not listed on the documents and had no say obviously.

I didn't notice any "hysterical" crying on behalf of HM. Only saw her wipe a tear or two.

MOO

This may be an unpopular opinion but this is sad. I've sleuthed a lot on TS and while I abhor what he did and why he did it, I just don't put him in the same category as HM.

Of the two, I figured he was the one who could be rehabilitated. I don't know what will happen to him now. And I do put a lot of the blame for what happened to him squarely on HM's shoulders. Psychopathic manipulators are very convincing. And never really pay the price for their actions while their victims do.

MOO

Main Stream Media

17th March 2017

Pothead tied to socialite murder just can’t stop smoking weed

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/pothead-tied-to-socialite-murder-just-cant-stop-smoking-weed/

A man who is awaiting sentencing for taking part in the 2014 Bali murder of a Chicago-area socialite has been ordered to turn himself in on Monday —
after a judge lost patience with his alleged drug use.

“It sounds like an addiction,” U.S. District Court Judge Rebecca Pallmeyer told Robert Bibbs, saying of her patience: “I’m afraid I’ve run out.”
-----
On Friday, Assistant U.S. Attorney Bolling Haxall asked Pallmeyer to lock up Bibbs, noting, “He apparently has not had a negative (drug) test since last July.”
-----
“I have not even been close to marijuana,” Bibbs said, telling the judge it can take several weeks for all traces of the drug to exit the body. “I have legit quit.”
Pallmeyer was unmoved.

:liar:

One of them, speaking through a translator said: 'She's a little girl with 148 mothers.

'Stella has been the heart and soul of the women's block since her birth and she's grown into a very self-confident and sociable girl.

'Stella chatters away to everyone and goes from room to room playing with different groups of women and eating two or three dinners a night sometimes. She's everyone's little friend.

'She can be a real little devil sometimes, tipping food up on the floor to see people's reaction and throwing glasses of water in the face of women when they're fast asleep.

'But we all love her dearly and will miss her so, so much. It's going to be a lot quieter and greyer without her toddling around causing mischief.'

Another inmate said: 'A lot of girls of her age just get plonked in front of a TV set by their mothers. There are no TVs in prison and that can only be good for Stella.'

The way they describe Stella sounds a bit like the way HM was described as a young child. Sure hope OS is able to "tame" her a little. I have a feeling she's going to be a handful. She's been raised in almost a "feral" environment so far.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member