Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped for space.

I too think the BK will be approved eventually. At least she, or her unpaid attys., have had to do more work than I think they had envisioned.

Even tho she gets BK approved, what then. Will she miraculously show her self in public or stay in hiding. How long will it be before her "novel" is ready for sale? Will she sell very many copies? I don't think so. Anyone that wants to know the gist of what she writes about will be able to learn thru the media. If there are those that want to do her harm now, I think BK approval just might add a little more fuel to their fire.

JM

BBM: I don't think they are actually having to do much work - they are just replying with one motion to the flurry everyone else is throwing back at her - and if they are BK lawyers dealing with a BK that is over 700K, this is probably a lot less than a business one. And their responses are also pretty standard stuff. IMO.

It is going to be interesting to see if they get her current computer or if that falls into some kind of amendment right.....

That expression "the law is an *advertiser censored**" keeps running through my head...

I just saw a document someone posted on facebook called 'Debtors Supplemental Memorandum concerning Motions to Lift Stay' dated 6/10/13 filed by David Schrader and Debra Ferwerda. Did anyone else see this? He is accusing Kronk And Zenaida of filing motions to gain fame, and is saying their attorney's are basically filing the motions for free advertising. He even slams the public, the press, and Nancy Grace. Everyone is being selfish and greedy, and poor casey is being made to suffer once again.

Who does this guy think he is? He sounds a lot like baez .... pointing the finger in everyone else's direction. Blaming and accusing.

Smoke was coming out of my ears when I read this! I'm curious to find out what exactly this is from our WS members who are on top of the legal stuff.

I just saw a document someone posted on facebook called 'Debtors Supplemental Memorandum concerning Motions to Lift Stay' dated 6/10/13 filed by David Schrader and Debra Ferwerda. Did anyone else see this? He is accusing Kronk And Zenaida of filing motions to gain fame, and is saying their attorney's are basically filing the motions for free advertising. He even slams the public, the press, and Nancy Grace. Everyone is being selfish and greedy, and poor casey is being made to suffer once again.

Who does this guy think he is? He sounds a lot like baez .... pointing the finger in everyone else's direction. Blaming and accusing.

Smoke was coming out of my ears when I read this! I'm curious to find out what exactly this is from our WS members who are on top of the legal stuff.

ThinkTank posted a link for it this morning.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIUXJLNWt2T0tiM1U/edit?pli=1

The first thing I noticed was the wording in the first sentence under Introduction.
The gist of the motions to lift that is stay it would be more efficient if the stay were lifted....
Shouldn't it read
The gist of the motions to lift stay is that it would be more efficient if the stay were lifted...

Yes, that's pretty much what he says alright. His point is why pursue these claims when Casey has no assets when even a judgement could be accomplished, these amounts would not fall into the non-dischargeable range, so if it's not money, which she doesn't have, it's publicity and a waste of the courts time. Apparently court "economy" and "efficiency" are part of the points when weighed and compared to the results for the plaintiffs.

ThinkTank has posted this motion - "David L. Shrader -Supplemental Memorandum concerning Motions to Lift Stay" at the top of her latest post in the "News" thread. His conclusions and these comments are under point 5.
(Edited to add I see the link has been posted in the post above mine - thank you!)

Interesting to see the "battle" laid out in very plain language. :banghead:

Guess nothing in BK is beyond being overidden. This person owed 85,000 in student loans and they are not supposed to be dischargable. "9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decision partially discharging his loans."

http://news.yahoo.com/bankruptcy-case-offers-hope-student-borrowers-152645358.html

JMO

Wowzers! The article provides some good advice for people with student loans who have no option but to default.

But this guy - failed the bar three times...the whole decision took ten years and even then he had to make a partial settlement...this was a very hard "win"...even with the assistance of one of the top BK firms working pro-bono and his own legal background....I can only assume he thought that if he did pass the bar and practice he would be able to afford an 85K student loan payout.

BBM

"Pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind as does "It takes one to know one".

JMO

CLAIM FOUR
State of Florida - Office of the State Attorney
for the 9th Judicial Circuit

425 N Orange Ave., Room 260
Orlando, FL 32801

Original Filed Date: 06/14/2013
Entered by: Auto-Claim Filer

Basis of Claim: Court ordered Costs of Prosecution
Filed by Linda Drane Burdick - Chief Assistant State Attorney

Amount Claimed: $ 50.00

Attached - ORDER GRANTING IN PART AND DENYING IN PART STATE OF FLORIDA'S AMENDED MOTION TO TAX SPECIAL COSTS OF INVESTIGATION AND PROSECUTION AND TO RESERVE JURISDICTION
signed by Judge Perry Sept 15, 2011

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIblhzSnE1Z0Q5X3M/edit?usp=sharing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deadline to file Proof of Claim is June 24, 2013
HEARING set for June 25, 2013

Creditors with dollar amounts listed:

- Adventist Florida Hospital - $ 200 [from Nov 2007 to present]

- Alliance One Collection Agency for STATE of Florida debt of $ 4,153.91
Orange County Clerk of Courts - CRIMINAL FINES - drivers lic suspended

- Ambulance added 4/4/2013 $ 921.15 FILED CLAIM

- AT&T Mobility - Collection Agency - $ 1,403.32

- Baez - $ 500,000 [though she said she really does not owe this]

- Florida Dept Law Enforcement - $ 61,505.12 [court costs - Court Ordered by Judge Perry]

- Internal Revenue Service - $ 68,540 - -$ 80,855.11 FILED CLAIM

- Metropolitan Bureau of Inv - $ 10,283.90 [judgment for Inv Fees & Costs - Court Ordered by Judge Perry]

- Orange County Florida Clerk of Court - $ 495.00 [court costs]

- Orange County Sheriff's Office - $ 145,660.21 FILED CLAIM
[judgment for Inv Fees & Costs - Court Ordered by Judge Perry]

- State of Florida - $ 50.00 FILED CLAIM
[Ofc State Atty - judgment for Inv Fees & Costs]
Court Ordered Costs of Prosecution

- Tribute MasterCard - $ 1,250

- Roy Kronk - civil suit
- Tim Miller/Texas EquuSearch - civil suit
- Zenaida Gonzalez - civil suit

Brought over from the News Thread

As posted above:

In black and white terms:

Casey Anthony's Bankruptcy Filing for Bankruptcy and Request for Discharge - as of June 15/13 - amounts to the following:

FILED CLAIMS - $227,486.47

Claimed but not yet filed -Claims - $79,291.25

The One Claim I believe can't be erased is:

Non-Dischargeable Claims - IRS-$80855.11

However, the bulk of filed claims consists of court judgements from the Sheriff's Office, The State's Attorney Offices, etc., and I have no idea yet is these are also not automatically erased in a BK discharge.

Thoughts anyone????:seeya:

As posted above:

In black and white terms:

Casey Anthony's Bankruptcy Filing for Bankruptcy and Request for Discharge - as of June 15/13 - amounts to the following:

FILED CLAIMS - $227,486.47

Claimed but not yet filed -Claims - $79,291.25

The One Claim I believe can't be erased is:

Non-Dischargeable Claims - IRS-$80855.11

However, the bulk of filed claims consists of court judgements from the Sheriff's Office, The State's Attorney Offices, etc., and I have no idea yet is these are also not automatically erased in a BK discharge.

Thoughts anyone????:seeya:

No idea what cannot be erased, but my hope is that they can't be. Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

JMO

Today is the DEADLINE for all bankruptcy Creditors to file a Proof of Claim.

Baez filed a Claim today for $ 397, 431.78 - what he claims is owed out of an original Retainer fee of $ 500,000.00

Jose Baez
c/o The Baez Law Firm
522 Simpson Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34744-4458

Payment to:
Baez Law Firm - Miami Office
2020 Ponce De Leon Blvd Suite 1101
Coral Gables, FL 33134

Amount claimed: $ 397, 431.78

Basis for Claim - "Legal services performed"
under 11 U.S.C. 507(a) ( )

Retainer Amount = $ 500,000.00
Payments made from Dec 2008 - Sept 23, 2011 = total $ 102,568.22
[$ 8,754.41 paid by Atty Macaluso]

Outstanding Balance = $ 397,431.78

Payment made on Sept 23, 2011 of $ 10,113.39 was payment made by third party of
$ 45,500.00

Amounts subtracted from $ 45,500.00:
- $ 13,650.00 paid to Taxes
- $ 10,000.00 paid to P.I. Pat McKenna
- $ 6,736.61 paid to P.I. Jeremiah Lyons
- $ 5,000.00 paid to misc expenses - computer, personal items, etc

Original Filed Date: 06/24/2013

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQUExQjlnbWh6eTA/edit?usp=sharing
AMENDED CLAIM

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIM05iSnRHUWdUaXM/edit?usp=sharing
ORIGINAL CLAIM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Indigency Affidavit
signed 3/3/2010

page 8 - Baez fee $ 89,454.83 - no other compensation in future

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-07/55220170.pdf

Baez lists this amount, $ 89,454.83 on his Proof of Claim today, as "Total Paid: (Pre-Indigent)

I wonder why a copy of the JB/OCA signed retainer was not attached to the claim to support it.

I wonder why a copy of the JB/OCA signed retainer was not attached to the claim to support it.
Thank you...couldn't contain myself and posted my feelings on the "Current News" thread. lol We're to believe this nonsense??!!

How did FCA with NO MONEY make any payments? Much less all of these payments?

Do these payments represent money Baez got from the JAC?

The $ 200,000 which ABC gave Baez for photos is not even represented in this tally of payments! Why?

How did FCA with NO MONEY pay him $ 3,000 on August 2, 2011 - "post trial"??

4/19/2012 BY TMZ STAFF
CASEY ANTHONY'S LAWYER
Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense
Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lawyer, has for the first time publicly acknowledged he was able to mount a successful defense thanks to the money he got from ABC news.

Baez, who appeared on PBS's "Frontline," explained how they got $200,000 from ABC for photos of Casey and Caylee, and that money was used "so we could mount a proper defense."
In 2010, Casey's team divulged in the trial that they spent $275,000 on the defense, and the major portion came from the ABC deal. Now Baez explains the money was critical in beating the murder rap.

PAYMENTS

12/15/2008 $ 20,000.00

1/5/2009 $ 10,000.00

1/22/2009 $ 10,000.00

3/24/2009 $ 10,000.00

4/28/2009 $ 10,000.00

5/22/2009 $ 10,000.00

9/16/2009 $ 5,000.00

12/15/2009 $ 5,000.00

3/3/2010 $ 700.42

3/3/2010 $ 8,754.41

Total Paid (Pre-Indigent) $ 89,454.83

Indigency Affidavit
signed 3/3/2010

Baez lists this amount, $ 89,454.83 on his Proof of Claim today, as "Total Paid: (Pre-Indigent)

8/2/2011 $ 3,000.00 (Post-trial)

9/23/2011 $ 10,113.39 [payment from third party for $ 45,500.00]

Roy Kronk
c/o Howard S. Marks, Esq.
Michael A. Nardella, Esq.
Burr & Forman LLP
200 S. Orange Avenue, #800
Orlando, FL 32801

No amounts claimed - Unliquidated - to be determined
Basis for Claim: Personal injury (defamation claims)

Attached
ADDENDUM TO PROOF OF CLAIM OF ROY KRONK
Kronk has not yet liquidated his personal injury tort claims in State Court, and therefore reserves the right to amend this proof of claim until such time as his claims are liquidated.
Kronk does not waiver any rights to have any issue determined by a jury.

Attached - EXHIBIT A
COMPLAINT AND DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL
Filed 6/24/2013
Action for damages in excess of $ 15,000.00
Casey Anthony, through her attorneys, who acted as her agents, published false and defamatory statements about Kronk.
...Casey Anthony authorized and permitted her attorneys, as her agents, to make false and malicious statements against Kronk, and to portray him as the murderer of her child.

WHEREFORE, Plaintiff, ROY KRONK, demands that this Court render judgment against Defendant, CASEY ANTHONY, individually, and award all damages, including interest, costs and any and such other and further relief as this Court deems just and proper under the circumstances.

...reserves the right ... to amend his Complaint and seek punitive damages upon the requisite predicate showing.

... hereby demands a trial by jury on all issues so triable...

Original Filed Date: 06/24/2013

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIazY3N28tM0NVSVU/edit?usp=sharing

Not sure where to post this question but it has relevance here, I believe. Was there ever a final statement of trial expenses provided by the JAC? What was the total amount billed to the JAC from d team?

Thanks to everyone here for the continued updates.

How did FCA with NO MONEY make any payments? Much less all of these payments?

Do these payments represent money Baez got from the JAC?

The $ 200,000 which ABC gave Baez for photos is not even represented in this tally of payments! Why?

How did FCA with NO MONEY pay him $ 3,000 on August 2, 2011 - "post trial"??

4/19/2012 BY TMZ STAFF
CASEY ANTHONY'S LAWYER
Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense
Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lawyer, has for the first time publicly acknowledged he was able to mount a successful defense thanks to the money he got from ABC news.

Baez, who appeared on PBS's "Frontline," explained how they got $200,000 from ABC for photos of Casey and Caylee, and that money was used "so we could mount a proper defense."
In 2010, Casey's team divulged in the trial that they spent $275,000 on the defense, and the major portion came from the ABC deal. Now Baez explains the money was critical in beating the murder rap.

PAYMENTS

12/15/2008 $ 20,000.00

1/5/2009 $ 10,000.00

1/22/2009 $ 10,000.00

3/24/2009 $ 10,000.00

4/28/2009 $ 10,000.00

5/22/2009 $ 10,000.00

9/16/2009 $ 5,000.00

12/15/2009 $ 5,000.00

3/3/2010 $ 700.42

3/3/2010 $ 8,754.41

Total Paid (Pre-Indigent) $ 89,454.83

Indigency Affidavit
signed 3/3/2010

8/2/2011 $ 3,000.00 (Post-trial)

9/23/2011 $ 10,113.39 [payment from third party for $ 45,500.00]

The Indigency application was filed out March 2, 2010

The filing and Attorney affidavits were dated March 3, 2010

On March 3 2010 OCA makes payment of $9454.83

So Todd Macaluso PAID Baez? Or he gave money to OCA to pay Baez?

So where is the PROOF? I see an application filled out and a letter on company letterhead..

Retainer agreement WITH date and signatures?

The invoices and receipts of money received with dates and signatures?

How does the Attorney Affidavit play into this where OCA states NO FURTHER COMPENSATION will be paid or is anticipated to be paid to Baez in the future?

So in Sept 2011 he received $45,000 from a 3rd Party and from that he took home $10,113.39 after paying taxes and other expenses

So where is the PROOF? I see an application filled out and a letter on company letterhead..

How does the Attorney Affidavit play into this where OCA states NO FURTHER COMPENSATION will be paid or is anticipated to be paid to Baez in the future?

So in Sept 2011 he received $45,000 from a 3rd Party and from that he took home $10,113.39 after paying taxes and other expenses

The Anthonys were flush with Dr Phil money then. Just saying....

What was the date of those phony videos of her strolling and shopping (Old Navy) that he sold of her after her prison release? Would he have received 45K for that?

Or has he even mentioned that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back