Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay now I am confused...I just watched the news video Jomo posted in Current News from a Detroit channel saying FCA wants to cash in on a book deal because she is broke.

According to them, she has been offered 10K "for her story" or to tell her story. Hmmm - maybe they didn't read the trustee papers that said the bidder is put this amount forward to prevent her from selling her story for any amount.

Maybe it's me - but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard. I wonder who is out there pushing this version of events....weird....

Thank you ThinkTank for your comment following this "News Release" - and yes I agree - they sure got it wrong!!

Originally Posted by Jomo
Detroit channel 4 news story(video)
Published On: Mar 20 2013 03:53:31 PM EDT
Updated On: Mar 20 2013 05:01:39 PM EDT
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...deal/-/1719418/19398208/-/n2umlu/-/index.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW did this station get it all wrong!!!
The way they promote this video clip makes it sound like Casey Anthony has accepted a new book deal - which she has not, and cannot now that the rights to her story are tied up in bankruptcy court.
They say Casey Anthony wants a book deal, and use the Trustee's Motion to sell rights to her story as the basis for their conclusion.
The Trustee selling the rights to her story is NOT for Casey Anthony to pocket money -- it is to pay her true creditors.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQVlMb3ZpTjBabWc/edit?pli=1

TRUSTEE'S MOTION SELL PROPERTY OF THE ESTATE AND APPROVE AUCTION PROCEDURES

Filed 3/15/2013

4. ... written offer from James M. Schober - $ 10,000 for the Property
... intention is to acquire the Property in order to prevent Ms Anthony or others from publishing or profiting from her story in the future, and therefore his offer is not subject to any contingency based upon the cooperation or promise of cooperation from Ms. Anthony.

Okay now I am confused...I just watched the news video Jomo posted in Current News from a Detroit channel saying FCA wants to cash in on a book deal because she is broke.

According to them, she has been offered 10K "for her story" or to tell her story. Hmmm - maybe they didn't read the trustee papers that said the bidder is put this amount forward to prevent her from selling her story for any amount.

Maybe it's me - but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard. I wonder who is out there pushing this version of events....weird....

Thank you ThinkTank for your comment following this "News Release" - and yes I agree - they sure got it wrong!!

There have been several entities that have posted that incorrect information. I think once it gets out there incorrectly, other just copy, maybe modify it a bit, and post. Sounds like they are lazy to me and don't check their facts. Guess they don't care as long as they generate traffic to their site.

JMO

Originally Posted by Jomo
Detroit channel 4 news story(video)
Published On: Mar 20 2013 03:53:31 PM EDT
Updated On: Mar 20 2013 05:01:39 PM EDT
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...deal/-/1719418/19398208/-/n2umlu/-/index.html

WOW did this station get it all wrong!!!
The way they promote this video clip makes it sound like Casey Anthony has accepted a new book deal - which she has not, and cannot now that the rights to her story are tied up in bankruptcy court.
They say Casey Anthony wants a book deal, and use the Trustee's Motion to sell rights to her story as the basis for their conclusion.
The Trustee selling the rights to her story is NOT for Casey Anthony to pocket money -- it is to pay her true creditors.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQVlMb3ZpTjBabWc/edit?pli=1

TRUSTEE'S MOTION SELL PROPERTY OF THE ESTATE AND APPROVE AUCTION PROCEDURES

Filed 3/15/2013

4. ... written offer from James M. Schober - $ 10,000 for the Property
... intention is to acquire the Property in order to prevent Ms Anthony or others from publishing or profiting from her story in the future, and therefore his offer is not subject to any contingency based upon the cooperation or promise of cooperation from Ms. Anthony.

What is wrong with these people???

Some one needs to pass this along to the BR court!

Wasn't princess lier sued by Equu search? Some debt comes from there?

This is the original bankruptcy filing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIMHZWMWI2ZkNIaGs/edit?pli=1

All of the alleged creditors are listed here, beginning page 14 through 30
Some have an amount owed, but most say amount unknown.
The civil suits against her are listed on page 36 and 37

Only Zenaida's bankruptcy attorney has participated in the bankruptcy proceedings, to date. Roy Kronk's bankruptcy attorney filed a Notice of Appearance, but did not attend the Meeting of Creditors on March 4th, and has not filed any request for anything. Tim Miller's attorney did not attend the creditor meeting and has not filed a Notice of Appearance or any other documents.

They have until May 3, 2013 to dispute having their debts discharged and until June 24, 2013 to file a proof of claim stating that she owes them an amount.

Some one needs to pass this along to the BR court!

WATKINS LAW FIRM, P.A.
ALLAN C. WATKINS
707 North Franklin St, Suite 750
Tampa, FL 33602
Email - allan@watkinslawfl.com
Attorney for Stephen L. Meininger, Trustee

Stephen L. Meininger, Trustee
707 North Franklin St, Suite 850
Tampa, FL 33602
Email - slmeininger@earthlink.com

Case 8:13-bk-00922
Debtor Casey Marie Anthony

Only Zenaida's bankruptcy attorney has participated in the bankruptcy proceedings, to date. Roy Kronk's bankruptcy attorney filed a Notice of Appearance, but did not attend the Meeting of Creditors on March 4th, and has not filed any request for anything. Tim Miller's attorney did not attend the creditor meeting and has not filed a Notice of Appearance or any other documents.

They have until May 3, 2013 to dispute having their debts discharged and until June 24, 2013 to file a proof of claim stating that she owes them an amount.

They will have time to file those notices after the Judge rules on the Trustees motion. Depending on his ruling might determine where they will proceed. At this time, she does not owe them anything because there has not been a judgement against her. If the Judge takes away her ability to sell anything and earn money, then she couldn't pay them anyway. It will be interesting to find out how many of her "supporters/hangerons" stay if she loses her rights to her story.

JMO
JMO

Just scrolled thru the above document. Got a chuckle when I saw she claims she has been unemployed for 4 years. Guess she is claiming she was employed when she was supervising the "shot girls". Wonder what she was paid for that. IIRC the only real employment she had was the few months that she worked for Kodak or their subsidiary. Also she claimed she worked at another place, GA went to check that out and she was not working there.

JMO

Originally Posted by ThinkTank

They will have time to file those notices after the Judge rules on the Trustees motion. Depending on his ruling might determine where they will proceed. At this time, she does not owe them anything because there has not been a judgement against her. If the Judge takes away her ability to sell anything and earn money, then she couldn't pay them anyway. It will be interesting to find out how many of her "supporters/hangerons" stay if she loses her rights to her story.

JMO
JMO

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/the-casey-anthony-bankruptcy-hearing-central/vstxH/
Audio of WFTV "Central Florida Spotlight" with attorneys Greene and Shuker
Hosted by Greg Warmoth

excerpt:

Warmoth - how much do you think she owes?

Shuker - well, she lists $ 890,000 but there are a whole bunch that are disputed
I would assume at the end of the day it is somewhere between 2 and 3 million

Warmoth - that she owes?!

Shuker - yes, our claim hasn't been liquidated, Kronk's claim hasn't been liquidated
a number of the claims they just listed as unknown or disputed
the known ones are around $ 900,000

Warmoth - how much do you think her story is worth?

Shuker - I have no idea. I was stunned that a couple of pictures were worth $ 200,000
so I would hope this story is worth 7 figures

JMO
JMO

I hope that Zenaida, Kronk, EquuSearch are allowed by the bankruptcy judge to proceed with their civil suits, and that they all win judgments against her.
Even if she does not have money to pay them [now] ... it will be satisfaction to have her held accountable for the wrong she did to these people.

What about future money-making "stories" and photos of pregnant Casey, and who the baby daddy is, and photos of baby, and future weddings ......

There have been several entities that have posted that incorrect information. I think once it gets out there incorrectly, other just copy, maybe modify it a bit, and post. Sounds like they are lazy to me and don't check their facts. Guess they don't care as long as they generate traffic to their site.

JMO

I'm having real trouble believing this isn't about the Defense team's social media planting untrue stories in case the motion to sell her assets is turned down.

One more way to publishers and media outlets that she's willing to bargain because she is broke. If she actually got a deal she may be able to pay off her creditors and withdraw from the BK - KNIM?

IMO -:moo:

JMO

Ah yes. It is known as Copy/Paste Journalism. :banghead:

I hope that Zenaida, Kronk, EquuSearch are allowed by the bankruptcy judge to proceed with their civil suits, and that they all win judgments against her.
Even if she does not have money to pay them [now] ... it will be satisfaction to have her held accountable for the wrong she did to these people.

What about future money-making "stories" and photos of pregnant Casey, and who the baby daddy is, and photos of baby, and future weddings ......

BBM. I kind of think Zenaida's is the weakest, but I for sure agree that the other two should go forward. They are going to win, imo.

I also shared it with Matt Morgan on his face book.

At least JB's book sales haven't increased on Amazon since the trustee filed his motion. It is now at 74,053. Some pathetic 1 or 2 sentence 5 star ratings.

JMO

I havent read through all the posts here so excuse me if someone brought this up already but I read on twitter she now wants to sell her story told in her own words. So I'm thinking if she owes above and beyond $800,000 than the deal someone offered her has to be for way more. Which would mean the creditors would be paid off and she would have disposable cash, keep the difference and move on. They talked about how much they have offered other people for book deals, as much as 15 million! I personally know it will be the same garbage shes claimed all along except in her own words, she drowned etc.... What I'm wondering is did the lawyers know that they were going to do this at the last minute or did the 'A deal I cant refuse" happen to come along now. It seems theres always a hidden agenda but I dont know enough about bankruptcy to know why they waited this long.

Does anyone envision the public being that interested in her words? I think the only way she will generate that kind of coin is if she confesses.

Balls in her court if she is hoping to have a money maker...imvho that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96