Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Soul, the story you read on twitter is not true. A lot has happened lately, so read back on WS when you have time. There is a BETTER story here. (and court documents!)

I havent read through all the posts here so excuse me if someone brought this up already but I read on twitter she now wants to sell her story told in her own words. So I'm thinking if she owes above and beyond $800,000 than the deal someone offered her has to be for way more. Which would mean the creditors would be paid off and she would have disposable cash, keep the difference and move on. They talked about how much they have offered other people for book deals, as much as 15 million! I personally know it will be the same garbage shes claimed all along except in her own words, she drowned etc.... What I'm wondering is did the lawyers know that they were going to do this at the last minute or did the 'A deal I cant refuse" happen to come along now. It seems theres always a hidden agenda but I dont know enough about bankruptcy to know why they waited this long.

Unless something happened in the last day or so, it is not CA that is selling her story. The BK trustee has submitted a motion to a Judge for BK court to sell her rights to the story. The Judge will hear the motion in early April. Someone has already submitted an offer for $10,000. If the Judge approves the sale and any more people submit an offer, then CA's story will be sold to the highest bidder. CA will not receive any monies. Any money earned will be used to pay BK administrative costs and the claims that debtors can substantiate.

JMO

Does anyone envision the public being that interested in her words? I think the only way she will generate that kind of coin is if she confesses.

Balls in her court if she is hoping to have a money maker...imvho that is.

I don't see the majority of the public being interested. There are some people who pretend to support her, but I sometimes think they do that just for the sake of an argument.

I notice that Amanda Knox is back in the news. One she is writing a book and two the prosecution is appealing the dismisal of her charges.

I can see fisties being brought at at the mention of the book!

JMO

I really believe that Casey will need to confess in order to generate book sales. Although I can also see CA and GA using Dr Phil's money to buy several tens of thousands of dollars of the book and donating them to libraries across the country....or keeping them in the garage. Either/or.

Unless something happened in the last day or so, it is not CA that is selling her story. The BK trustee has submitted a motion to a Judge for BK court to sell her rights to the story. The Judge will hear the motion in early April. Someone has already submitted an offer for $10,000. If the Judge approves the sale and any more people submit an offer, then CA's story will be sold to the highest bidder. CA will not receive any monies. Any money earned will be used to pay BK administrative costs and the claims that debtors can substantiate.

JMO

Yes exactly what I'm talking about. IMO an offer could come in way over the amount of the debt. I saw a news video also about this they said she's saying she needs money.

"The trustee overseeing Casey Anthony's bankruptcy case has filed a motion to sell the rights to her story so she can pay her debts."

The first sentence says it all. See red by me. It is the Bankruptcy trustee that is asking for permission to sell her story. Unless the amount bid for the story is more than what KC owes to her creditors, then she will never see a penny for her story.

JMO

Yes exactly what I'm talking about. IMO an offer could come in way over the amount of the debt. I saw a news video also about this they said she's saying she needs money.

LOL She has always needed money! In the past she got it by stealing. SOS to CA "Get a job"! That's the way honest people get money.

JMO

I doubt there will be an offer this big. What is actually happening, noone can write it from her perspective as anyone who bids knows she does not have to cooperate. Anyone can write a story about the case, as others have done, but it will not be her version. Anyway who would know if the version she would write about would be true. She has already put forward several versions.

JMO

I really believe that Casey will need to confess in order to generate book sales. Although I can also see CA and GA using Dr Phil's money to buy several tens of thousands of dollars of the book and donating them to libraries across the country....or keeping them in the garage. Either/or.

I bet any monies (If he ever completed the transfer. I understood it was contingent upon them establishing a foundation, which they did but have now dissolved. Course they could have spent his donation before they dissolved.) from Dr. Phil is long gone. Anyway, if they did this, then it would be less money for them to renovate their house, take trips, etc.

JMO

"The trustee overseeing Casey Anthony's bankruptcy case has filed a motion to sell the rights to her story so she can pay her debts."

The first sentence says it all. See red by me. It is the Bankruptcy trustee that is asking for permission to sell her story. Unless the amount bid for the story is more than what KC owes to her creditors, then she will never see a penny for her story.

JMO

That's what I'm referring to. IMO reading just how much the publishing companies have paid for previous rights, why did the trustee wait this long.

That's what I'm referring to. IMO reading just how much the publishing companies have paid for previous rights, why did the trustee wait this long.

He couldn't do it until she filed for bankruptcy. It probably took him this long to review her filing. Did you see how many people she listed as being owed money? The trustee has also requested all those people to present proof that they are owed the money. She has said she has never received any offers/payments. If anyone has paid her anything, I'm sure they will let it be known. If it can be proved she lied about not receiving any money, then she can be charged with perjury. Course in her case, the jury would probably let her off. But the BK trustee would make her forfeit any monies that someone paid her. Also I understand that all the lawsuits that have been filed can still go forward, so there could be money to be paid to them.

JMO

There have been several entities that have posted that incorrect information. I think once it gets out there incorrectly, other just copy, maybe modify it a bit, and post. Sounds like they are lazy to me and don't check their facts. Guess they don't care as long as they generate traffic to their site.

JMO

Regardless, I sent the Detroit article to Vinnie P. via PM on fb & got this response this morning!

Vinnie Politan
YIKES!

Regardless, I sent the Detroit article to Vinnie P. via PM on fb & got this response this morning!

Vinnie Politan
YIKES!

LOL

Wonder why none of the mainstream reporters have not interviewed any of the parties connected to CA.

JMO

LOL

Wonder why none of the mainstream reporters have not interviewed any of the parties connected to CA.

JMO

Vinnie didn't know about it. I'm wondering if any MSM does. This has been hush hush. It took a wser to find the article.:floorlaugh:

Or, she can make an entirely new fiction story to sell a book, as this New York book publisher suggests.

OJ's book publisher talks about interest in a Casey book and has already talked to Casey's attorney. Don't know when these "talks" took place?

Wonder if Mr. Kampmann is going to put his money where his mouth is ... and put in a bid of $ 20,000 or more, or a bid in the MILLIONS, in order for the Trustee to pay all of her creditors and then have money left over to pocket for herself?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/trustee-wants-sell-casey-anthonys-life-story

TRUSTEE WANTS TO SELL CASEY ANTHONY'S LIFE STORY
By TAMARA LUSH
— Mar. 18, 2013

excerpt:

One New York publisher said Monday that Anthony's story has the potential to be worth seven figures.

"If she had the goods, and she was really going to spill the beans of what happened, particularly if she's not guilty, that's pretty big," said Eric Kampmann, the owner of Beaufort Books. "If she knew who the murderer was for example, that would be huge. That would be the biggest news story of the year."

Kampmann, who said he has been in contact with a member of Anthony's legal team but has no deal in place, is no stranger to controversial books. His publishing house reissued OJ Simpson's book, originally scheduled for release by ReganBooks, an imprint of HarperCollins. But "If I Did It" was dropped in response to widespread outrage. ReganBooks founder Judith Regan was later fired and her imprint disbanded.

A federal bankruptcy judge then awarded rights to the book to the family of murder victim Ronald Goldman to help satisfy a $38 million wrongful death judgment against Simpson.

Beaufort Books, based in New York, published "If I Did It" with Simpson's original manuscript intact and commentary included. The Goldman family called the book Simpson's confession — the same description Regan offered in justifying the original publication. The Beaufort edition has sold more than 100,000 copies.

Kampmann said enough time has passed since Anthony's trial that her story could be marketable.

Or, she can make an entirely new fiction story to sell a book, as this New York book publisher suggests.

OJ's book publisher talks about interest in a Casey book and has already talked to Casey's attorney. Don't know when these "talks" took place?

Wonder if Mr. Kampmann is going to put his money where his mouth is ... and put in a bid of $ 20,000 or more, or a bid in the MILLIONS, in order for the Trustee to pay all of her creditors and then have money left over to pocket for herself?

By TAMARA LUSH
— Mar. 18, 2013

excerpt:

One New York publisher said Monday that Anthony's story has the potential to be worth seven figures.

"If she had the goods, and she was really going to spill the beans of what happened, particularly if she's not guilty, that's pretty big," said Eric Kampmann, the owner of Beaufort Books. "If she knew who the murderer was for example, that would be huge. That would be the biggest news story of the year."

Kampmann, who said he has been in contact with a member of Anthony's legal team but has no deal in place, is no stranger to controversial books. His publishing house reissued OJ Simpson's book, originally scheduled for release by ReganBooks, an imprint of HarperCollins. But "If I Did It" was dropped in response to widespread outrage. ReganBooks founder Judith Regan was later fired and her imprint disbanded.

A federal bankruptcy judge then awarded rights to the book to the family of murder victim Ronald Goldman to help satisfy a $38 million wrongful death judgment against Simpson.

Beaufort Books, based in New York, published "If I Did It" with Simpson's original manuscript intact and commentary included. The Goldman family called the book Simpson's confession — the same description Regan offered in justifying the original publication. The Beaufort edition has sold more than 100,000 copies.

Kampmann said enough time has passed since Anthony's trial that her story could be marketable.

Well he appears to have made a mistake about how marketable OJ's "fictional" "If I did it" - so is he just using his PR mouthpiece for a few minutes of publicity?

Or could he be really so unaware of the backlash any story from FCA would face? I think if there isn't a media outlet willing to pay her big money in the first place for a book, story, or interview - they sure aren't going to do it now with the same backlash and the scrutiny of the federal BK court.

As I said before - "woman's got herself into between a rock and a hard place."

Maybe that's why Jose seems a little down in the dumps these days
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #58,776 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Oh hi Jose! :floorlaugh:

By TAMARA LUSH
— Mar. 18, 2013

excerpt:

Yes, I read OJ's fiction/non fiction. It disgusted me to read his coy words. And OJ's book definitely crossed my mind when thinking of CaA. She cant flat out confess-that would mean she would have to step out of her delusional world where she believes because she was acquitted, she is not guilty.

It never occurred to me that the rights to her story would cause her to be able to pay off her debts and then give her the means to live well.

Interesting.

I would think her debts could not be discharged then because she has the means to pay them.

well on second thought I am now glad she has a host of lawyers cause after they take their hunk of the loot she will have around 12 dollars to spend at Walmart LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper