Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ya know angel, 2 1/2 years ago I could have answered this succinctly but honestly, I've tried to put so much of this case out of my psyche that I can't recall all the details anymore. I will try but I'm going to defer to AZlawyer to fill you in and correct my memory because believe me, it is vague now. lol

I just recall that after Casey filed for indigency status, the JAC (some FL commission that I can't even recall what the acronym stands for now haha!) had to approve all those kind of expenses. Baez purported that his experts had agreed to work for whatever funds JAC approved which were FAR, FAR less than their usual fees. I have no idea what those experts really agreed to - only Baez knows. Anyway, I have no idea what, if anything, he paid them but yes, I would assume that the funds JAC gave him were expected to be distributed as he claimed they would be.

AZ, you still around to fill in the blanks or correct my memory? Please have at it!

I can't remember the details either, but I thought JB complained to the judge that the state was paying him "slave wages" or was he referring to the expert fees when he said that?

I don't believe you are legally allowed to pick and choose whom you include as a creditor. If I recall correctly, you must include ALL creditors. Anyone?

I just cannot believe she can skirt the IRS and I even thought court fines were upheld otherwise all criminals would choose this route to avoid their debts. Please dont tell me they are making a special exception for her , I want to take my shoe off and throw it against the wall. I think i will

OMG thank you! I never wanted to ask, but sussed it out that plain CA was Cindy and anything __CA was Casey. I also picked up pretty quickly that people write themselves <modsnip> in place of her name a lot of the time.

Chickie has no fans here.

Still waiting for Karma to take care of FCA for murdering Caylee. Come on, Karma. Do your thing, please. Don't forget Gutless George and Conniving Cindy. And, Karma, while you are at it, get the rest of them who lied to save FCA, including Jose and Cheney, both of them should have lost their licenses for their behavior in the courtroom. I guess it's too much to ask that you punish the P12who failed to find FCA guilty because they were enthralled by Jose and his dirty talk.

I was surprised to see all of the incorrect spelling and poor grammar in the filing. Sigh.
"saphire ring"
"womans clothes"
"Hopespring" and "Hopesspring" in the same document
etc.

You get what you pay for?

Thank you, ThinkTank. My heart did a happy dance when I saw Cindy Anthony listed as a creditor; lol ~ and George, too.

But *not* Lee. Says somethin, doesn't it?

ETA: Another third member of a trio left off: Frank George. JA & LDB are listed, but not FG.

I don't believe you are legally allowed to pick and choose whom you include as a creditor. If I recall correctly, you must include ALL creditors. Anyone?

Very, very true.

The quickest way to get in big trouble is to pick & choose which creditors you want to list and omit others in an attempt to show favor. Bottom line - if they are not listed, it is legally safe to assume Casey doesn't believe she owes them anything.

And, just for clarity - I don't believe any of that is true in this case. I don't buy that Pat McKenna has been babysitting her since the acquittal without expecting some compensation. Same for Dorothy Sims, Cheney Mason and the rest of them. This is where the money laundering issue comes in for me. The money trail is gonna be hard to follow but I bet dollars to donuts those folks not listed that ThinkTank referenced are gonna have funds dribbled down through and to them. I hope they all get burned badly. It is time somebody pays a price for these shenanigans. Makes me sick.

When on page 40 of BK filing it asks "15. Prior address of debtor
If the debtor has moved within three years immediately preceding the commencement of this case, list all premises which the debtor
occupied during that period and vacated prior to the commencement of this case. If a joint petition is filed, report also any separate
address of either spouse."

Casey states NONE to other addresses is the lasts 3 years. She claims no gifts! My understand standing is the BK courts don't like being lied to. There is a lot of falsehoods in this filing. AZ, do you believe the BK court will play Casey games as the other courts or will they make her responsible for her lies?

Wouldn't the money she received while in prison count as a gift? She left jail with cash from her account (I can't recall the amount.) That certainly doesn't seem to be listed.

Finally home from work...

I don't remember ever hearing that Casey even claimed the money paid to her by ABC for the photographs in 2008/2009. Did she even file taxes on that money at all?

Please correct me if I'm wrong because I just don't remember. But... if she didn't even claim that money, shouldn't she be in trouble for that alone? How would that fit into that 3-year-whatever-it-is thing?

I know the IRS gave a total amount of what Casey owes them on that money, but was it based on Casey's claiming that money? ABC's accounting? Or when Jose finally had to come clean about the money paid to Casey during her indigency hearing?

Sorry, but I am just still so confused.

Also... she was in jail. Does the IRS not get a grace period since she was in jail? You can't really attempt to get back taxes from someone in the slammer, can you?

:furious:

Very, very true.

The quickest way to get in big trouble is to pick & choose which creditors you want to list and omit others in an attempt to show favor. Bottom line - if they are not listed, it is legally safe to assume Casey doesn't believe she owes them anything.

And, just for clarity - I don't believe any of that is true in this case. I don't buy that Pat McKenna has been babysitting her since the acquittal without expecting some compensation. Same for Dorothy Sims, Cheney Mason and the rest of them. This is where the money laundering issue comes in for me. The money trail is gonna be hard to follow but I bet dollars to donuts those folks not listed that ThinkTank referenced are gonna have funds dribbled down through and to them. I hope they all get burned badly. It is time somebody pays a price for these shenanigans. Makes me sick.

she was living with him last year and visiting that church once in a while. He is still supporting her I dont know what it is a fatherly relationship or something more ..oh gosh I dont want to say, E gads LOL. He owns 2 propertys in Palm beach. Someone told me this condo deal was being paid for by the original entity who thought they had a " deal" for an interview... dont know if that is true or not. Also heard over the holidays she was staying at a condo owned by a friend of the family on Coco beach. I dont get how all these people are so quick to support her. She has a pretty good gig going I would say.

TMZ paid her for those Ohio pics where did that money go? What happened to the Dr. phil money? I heard it was divyed up between the clan

The 68k in taxes for the 200k she got for the pictures.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about those and was trigger happy on the commenting. :blushing: That's what I get for commenting before reading!

Oh, and I didn't read the document, but are the church people listed? What about Curtis Jackson (crazy inmate in Michigan who tried working numerous deals with the State for an early release for his testimony. He also had a weird fascination with Casey's Virginia)?

I just cannot believe she can skirt the IRS and I even thought court fines were upheld otherwise all criminals would choose this route to avoid their debts. Please dont tell me they are making a special exception for her , I want to take my shoe off and throw it against the wall. I think i will

Thanks dizzy for this hilarious imagery in my head that still has me laughing .. I was still full fledged fuming over the IRS revelation upthread ..

your funny quip not only made me laugh, but actually I just up and threw my little Walmart leopard print houseshoe at my wall just for the hell of it:giggle:

Oh, and I didn't read the document, but are the church people listed? What about Curtis Jackson (crazy inmate in Michigan who tried working numerous deals with the State for an early release for his testimony. He also had a weird fascination with Casey's Virginia)?

Whoa! its definitely time for me to hop off for the night..this became extremely evident due to the fact that I read the last sentence in the above post as, "He also had a weird fascination with Casey's vjj"..:eek:

Too much time over at the Jodi Arias trial and discussions!..:what:

Whoa! its definitely time for me to hop off for the night..this became extremely evident due to the fact that I read the last sentence in the above post as, "He also had a weird fascination with Casey's vjj"..:eek:

Too much time over at the Jodi Arias trial and discussions!..:what:

:waitasec: I thought that was what it was too...

I'm not sure of the exact spelling of one of the defense witnesses name, but I'm pretty sure they spelled it wrong. It is something like Richard Eikenboom, but they spelled it Eikelboom.

If I had any faith left in the system, I would be hopeful that this whole tactic would be their undoing, but seeing how things have gone up to this point, I'll expect just the opposite.

I am soooo mad at the Pinellas 12 right now! I hope they are seeing what a mockery she is making of the system thanks to the free pass they gave her.

LOL! I know. I thought he was doing pro-bono or minimum wage at best. Hummm?

Nb never put himself in pro bonk arena. It was everyone else I thought that the experts were paid by the state after indigent was declared? :what:

What I want to know is if Jose really has any intention of suing her or is this just a ploy to inflate the amount she thinks sounds better for her? I never really care to hear from Jose, but I'd like to know what he has to say about this. If he doesn't say anything... I'll know it's a lie.

Rumor has it Nb on Dr drew Monday :waitasec:

Casey is certainly giving America a tutorial in every sleazy legal tactic available in every aspect of our legal system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jab99