Beds & Bedrooms Revisited-Cummings MH

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would question how MC didn't notice Haleigh missing when she first got out of bed. She probably almost tripped over the bed with how close it is and she would be looking right at it when she stands up.

I would question how MC didn't notice Haleigh missing when she first got out of bed. She probably almost tripped over the bed with how close it is and she would be looking right at it when she stands up.
That too.

Since this thread is concerning beds and bedrooms, I wanted to also ask if anyone has the shot of Haleighs closet.

I recall that the closet showed there were clothes with the tags still on them. What dawned on me is that I do not remember Haleigh's little flower girl dress hanging there or the rose colored dress - up dress there either. That makes me wonder just where Haleigh's clothes really were.

Also, IIRC, Ronald was quick to point out that Haleigh's shoes were still in her room. Well, that does not mean anything to me because school children would have their school shoes, play shoes, and dress up shoes. So only one pair was there? I do not recall seeing any shoes in Haleigh's closet.

Then there is this 'thing' Teresa said should always be there for Haleigh but was missing. We have never heard what that 'thing' is.

Put altogether, I can halfway surmise that Haleigh's clothes, other shoes, and that 'thing' that should always be there for her was packed and taken with her. If someone just leaves their home going somewhere, there would be no evidence of foul play.

I can just halfway believe that Ronald sent Haleigh away and Misty knows as well as knows where Haleigh is. I would love to see the video of Haleigh's closet again.

JMO, MOO

Even Ron expressed that suspicion, to Tim Miller.

ITA She keeps saying that all she noticed was the 3... It could be that she wasn't suspicious of the light, but I got the impression she was - need to go back over old interviews. Nevertheless, she definitely said she freaked out and went right to her room to call Ron after she saw the door open... why do that if it so easily could have been him?

BBM --

Especially since it's been stated he was supposed to get off work at 12 but worked late and that MC had turned her phone off. Why would her immediate assumption be foul play when, as far as she knew, RC should've been home? And since they were fighting enough so that MC turned her phone off, if she saw the light on and it should've been RC, wouldn't she just have gone back to bed, avoiding further confrontation? Has it ever been said she even looked through the mobile home for Haleigh before "Freaking out and calling 911"?

Just a quick thought...maybe the van in question was used to dispose of a mattress? Perhaps the driver was panicked and hurrying and thats what caused the scratches?

Just a quick thought...maybe the van in question was used to dispose of a mattress? Perhaps the driver was panicked and hurrying and thats what caused the scratches?

OH! another thought...is it possible the mattress was thrown in that dumpster the dogs hit on and then later moved???

Jamie ITA! i was going to post on another thread when we were in discussion about what had been search, but i left that part out to avoid arguing.

I was even trying to see if the theory fit for RC to have disposed of HC's mattress at PDM. Was that place even searched? Sorry for the O/T.

OH! another thought...is it possible the mattress was thrown in that dumpster the dogs hit on and then later moved???

Oooh . . . I never thought of that!

I do find it very curious there was only one mattress for the two kids and that they both slept in the master. So, maybe they were used to sleeping in RC's room, but to only have one other bed . . . . I just can't see DCF being ok with that. They would certainly notice the lack of available beds.

I truely think when DCPS came to check on the family, that everyone had a bed/mattress in all 3 bedrooms.........so why was their none in Haleighs room?
To me the bed next to the master bed looked like a youth mattress....like JR's??

and the blanket on the window always bothered me, where is it?
Did LE find it? Was it gone also?

The lack of beds and blankets in this family is definitely suspicious

Since this thread is concerning beds and bedrooms, I wanted to also ask if anyone has the shot of Haleighs closet.

Snipped by me only for space.

LaLaw try this link, it was the only one I could find with a still of the closet.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...mings/?action=view&current=haleighcase005.jpg

That belongs to Amandareckonwith's photobucket. When you open the link, if you click on the picture it will enlarge for you.

Oooh . . . I never thought of that!

I do find it very curious there was only one mattress for the two kids and that they both slept in the master. So, maybe they were used to sleeping in RC's room, but to only have one other bed . . . . I just can't see DCF being ok with that. They would certainly notice the lack of available beds.

I agree Yellow, during the walk through and if I am not mistaken anytime afterwards, we were not shown Jr's room. We can't assume he did not have a bed, because we didn't even see his bedroom. KWIM?

I had read here that all of Haleigh's clothes in her closet had tags. No they don't, not that I see, to the far left there are new clothes that are hanging with tags. I don't find that unusual since she may not have worn all of her new school clothes or she may not have grown into those as of yet.

I had read here that all of Haleigh's clothes in her closet had tags. No they don't, not that I see, to the far left there are new clothes that are hanging with tags. I don't find that unusual since she may not have worn all of her new school clothes or she may not have grown into those as of yet.

ITA Kat!

I always just thought b/c she went missing in the beginning of Feb, and that is close enough to Christmas, that they may have been clothes given to her for Christmas..just throwing it out there! :crazy:

I think of this but always forget to mention it so here goes tonight. Remember when they viewed the mobile home? No bed frames, sparse linens,,, one blanket per person? And yet, Ron has several vehicles, lots of tattoos. In my opinion there should have been several extra blankets for those young children. If the youth bed was Haleigh's I can tell you she was large enough for a twin size bed. My point being that Ron had what was important to him with no real job most of the time.

Here is something that I found interesting about the walk thru, If you look at where the couch in the living room is located, and where Haleigh's small bed on the floor is located, that If and I say IF MC was having sex with someone on that couch there is no doubt that if HC was awake or if she woke up she would certainly be able to tell her Dad what was going on...I have heard people say that may be the reason that MC may have decided to get rid of HC and I can say I agree with that theory..

Also something that has always bothered me with this case, is MC stating that the kitchen light is why she decided to go out of the bedroom, well if you are living with someone that comes home from work in the middle of the night, It would not be out of the ordinary for a light to be turned on by that person....So I find it very hard to believe that the light would have been much of a problem...I just find the whole story a bunch of BS...And I still think that LE is waiting for Dec for MC to turn 18 and then they will no longer be looking at arresting someone under age..

I agree with ya. Hubby leaves for work at 6AM and the kitchen light goes on. Sometimes it wakes me up, but often it doesn't. It's a pattern, and shouldn't have panicked MC in anyway. RC was due home at that time anyway.

Also, if there was a 3rd mattress, and it "disappeared" wouldn't RC notice that straightaway? If so, and he's not giving up that evidence, he would be considered an accomplice (IMHO).

Boy, I sure would like to know...

Mel

Right. And the light from the kitchen should have illuminated the room just a tad -- especially if it woke up MC. MC would practically have to roll over HC to get up (according to the video shot). IMHO - HC never even made it to bed that night :(

Mel

I have been trying to figure out the bed situation. :waitasec:Where is the 3rd bed?
I wonder if Marie G. is mistaking the older trailer? I thought the one that Haleigh went missing from was a 3 bedroom? Regardless, she claims that Crystal lead her to believe that Haleigh 1 bed and Jr. 2 beds and Misty and Ron 3 beds each had their own beds. So, where is the 3rd bed? We saw the big bed on the floor and one small mattress in the same room. We only saw a bed with no mattress in Haleigh's room.
"SNIP"
GRIFFIS: I don`t know anything about the TV. My daughter, Crystal, has been in that house, and she said Haleigh and Junior have beds set up in one room and then there`s a big bed in the room that, I guess, Ronald and Misty would sleep in, and that`s the one that we understand that they were all three in. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/13/ijvm.01.html

Then, I go back to Ron's interview with NG back in Feb and he claims that ALL THREE WERE SLEEPING IN THE SAME BED. Same that was reported in the police report, the story changed after the fact. Oh, and Ron also said he passed his poly with flying colors, I had remembered that but some claimed he never said it. Well, he did in Feb.

(BOLD BY ME)
Haleigh`s dad, Ronald Cummings, says he was working the night shift early Tuesday morning and he came home to find his daughter missing.

CUMMINGS: Gave me a hug and a kiss told me she loved me, she`d see me when I got home. ( IF RON WORKS THE LATE NIGHT SHIFT WHY WOULD HALEIGH SEE HIM WHEN HE GOT HOME?)
CUMMINGS: Actually, it was about 3:25, 3:27. (BOTH RON AND MISTY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO KEEP THIS TIME RIGHT, WONDER WHY IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO CORRECT THE REPORTERS AND INTERVIEWERS ABOUT THE TIME HE ARRIVED?)
GRACE: OK.

CUMMINGS: And I pulled into the yard, and my girlfriend opened the front door, and I already knew something was wrong because she`s not up at this time. She told me -- I said, What are you doing up at this time? She said, Your back door`s wide open and your daughter`s gone.

GRACE: What is her description -- what scenario took place?

CUMMINGS: She got out of bed and went to use the restroom and came back to find that my daughter was not in bed with her.
GRACE: Now, have you and your girlfriend both taken a polygraph, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes, I have. Passed it with flying colors. Yes, she has. Passed hers.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html

I thought i read the other day that RC (and this could be rumor) had failed his poly...was that confirmed?

Could be. Except that toddler mattresses are usually covered with plastic so would they be able to get any viable evidence from it? And didn't TN confirm that was Haleigh's mattress on the floor? I could be wrong about that.
Interesting. I've always been curious as to why they would move to a 3-b/r MH and then have the kids sleeping in the master b/r.

TxLady your question about why they were sleeping in the same room is a viable question. If per Child Service orders, the children were to have their own room, what Ron was doing, having the children sleep in the master bedroom tells us what about him - he doesn't follow orders from authority.
I'm curious about that. Was it just something he had not gotten around to, setting up beds in the kids rooms; or he didn't want to do it, or couldn't make the kids sleep in a room of their own?
This bedroom and sleeping arrangements thread shows me more about Ron. Seems he was willing to make the motions on the surface to keep his children, but he was still going to do it his way. jmo

I thought i read the other day that RC (and this could be rumor) had failed his poly...was that confirmed?

No, it has not been confirmed but I did hear Simon on blogtalk radio say that sources told him that Ron failed. Which I would not be surprised if he did. LE has not came out and said anything about anyone's poly with the exception of the one Misty requested for Tim Miller to set up and he gave the info to LE as requested and it all got leaked. But normally LE will not say if anyone passed or failed. They will just say they are satisfied and leave it at that, but that does not mean they passed. It just means they took it from what I understand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back