Belgium - 32 Killed In Suicide Bombing At Brussels Airport, 22 March 2016 *arrests, Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ABDESLAM REFUSES TO SPEAK

BBC.com
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42940636

The sole surviving suspect from the 2015 Paris terror attacks is refusing to speak any further in a Belgian court, where he is on trial over the gunfight that led to his arrest.

Salah Abdeslam has said he will not respond to questions from the judge.

"My silence does not make me a criminal, it's my defence," he said.

Abdeslam, 28, claimed that Muslims were "judged mercilessly", and said he was placing his trust in Allah and the Prophet Muhammad.

"I am not afraid of you, I am not afraid of your allies," he added, without making clear who he meant.

He urged the prosecution to base its case on "forensic and tangible evidence", and not to "swagger about to satisfy public opinion".

Abdeslam has refused to speak to investigators since his March 2016 arrest.

BBM

:jail: :jail: :jail:

Last edited:

From link, rbbm.​

“I can never forgive the defendants because what they did, changed my life forever. I have four children and back then, my youngest was just three years old and I just forgot how to be a mom because of the post-traumatic shock I was suffering from,” Ingels told Al Jazeera.

“Even today, I take antidepressants and sleeping pills because I still have a lot of nightmares about that day. I hope this trial will allow me to move forward and perhaps close that page,” she added.

Meanwhile, Reynaert, a victim who escaped the Maelbeek station attack, highlighted that victims need more support from the government.

“So far, it’s been a joke because victims have just been forgotten. All the money is being used for the trial of the accused. They will be punished, but they will still get better treatment in prison, get food, will be entitled to rehabilitation training. Meanwhile, we have to continue struggling,” he said.''

BRUSSELS -- Seven years after the deadliest peacetime attack on Belgian soil, the trial of 10 men accused over the suicide bombings at Brussels airport and a subway station took a major step toward its conclusion on Thursday.

More than half a year after the trial started, the court held its last audience and the jury will begin the drawn-out process of deciding on the fate of those charged. The 12 jurors will have to answer almost 300 questions about the suspects, which means reaching a verdict can take several weeks.

A Belgian court has handed out sentences of up to life in jail to eight men for the 2016 jihadist bombing attacks in Brussels, bringing to an end the country’s largest-ever criminal trial.
The suicide bombings on 22 March 2016 at Brussels’ main airport and on the metro systemkilled 32 people and were claimed by the Islamic State group.

French citizen Salah Abdeslam and Belgian-Moroccan Mohamed Abrini – already sentenced to life in prison by France for a 2015 massacre in Paris – were the highest-profile of six culprits found guilty of murder in July.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125
Back