Belgium - 32 Killed In Suicide Bombing At Brussels Airport, 22 March 2016 *arrests, Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I remember. More or less live-blogged that one in the wake of the terrorost attack on Charlie Hebdo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2&p=11395849&highlight=Verviers#post11395849

Nobody in the neighbourhood was surprised at all that so many jihadists were living there. Hard to forget that one.
Belgian police did a good job there. Those men were evil. Still are. Please lock them up and throw away the key.

:jail:

ZaZara,Missed having your contributions on the thread.

I didn't want to start a new thread yet but this is developing. Could just be two cars exploding but...there's multiple explosions. This is by a popular cafe. Video also.

Explosions Reported In SW Brussels

CnR4fHiXgAAVyTK.jpg

At least two explosions were reported in the Brussels district of Saint Gilles.
According to the Daily Star, the blasts were heard ‘at the corner of Rue d’Albanie and Avenue Adolphe Demeure.’

oops forgot link

http://breaking911.com/breaking-at-least-2-explosions-reported-in-brussels/

I didn't want to start a new thread yet but this is developing. Could just be two cars exploding but...there's multiple explosions. This is by a popular cafe. Video also.

Explosions Reported In SW Brussels

View attachment 98208

oops forgot link

http://breaking911.com/breaking-at-least-2-explosions-reported-in-brussels/

Just read about this all the news here is preoccupied with the new prime minister. This seems sinister it's highly unlikely two cars would spontaneously blow up at different locations. Hope nobody has been injured.

No one else is reporting that the fires are out but it's mostly Daily Mail reporting with one update from Reuters/RT saying several cars were on fire. When I watched the video it started with fires then two explosions but most likely were tires exploding too. Car fires can be huge with smoke & fire. I'll keep checking anyway. It's around 1:30 am in Brussels atm.

No one else is reporting that the fires are out but it's mostly Daily Mail reporting with one update from Reuters/RT saying several cars were on fire. When I watched the video it started with fires then two explosions but most likely were tires exploding too. Car fires can be huge with smoke & fire. I'll keep checking anyway. It's around 1:30 am in Brussels atm.

On Twitter it is being mentioned that this might be a try out for later terror attacks :(

But then, Twitter...

CnRmle7WAAAtlWs.jpg

picture via Atli Stannard @atlistannard

I saw a video that was pretty relaxed. Cars on fire, firemen near and then something goes more crack! than boom! so no cars full of explosives.

ZaZara,Missed having your contributions on the thread.

Hi Cuffem, I'm a bit tired of terrorism and all that comes with it.
What everybody knew already is now offical, dozens of terrorists travelled into Europe as refugees and there was no border control or other control at all.
"Cologne" made the news, but there are daily attacks on women, there are robberies, fights, women, LGTB's, Christians en Yezidis in asylum centres need extra protection (against so-called vulnerable refugees), the list is endless.

I regret to say it, but things will only get worse in Europe as the groups that support terrorism grow larger and bolder.

What everybody knew already is now offical, dozens of terrorists travelled into Europe as refugees and there was no border control or other control at all.
"Cologne" made the news, but there are daily attacks on women, there are robberies, fights, women, LGTB's, Christians en Yezidis in asylum centres need extra protection (against so-called vulnerable refugees), the list is endless.

I regret to say it, but things will only get worse in Europe as the groups that support terrorism grow larger and bolder.
Agreed. Its a very uneasy time we live in. Our world in 2 years has altered dramatically.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

When did I post this? On the morning of July 14, not knowing that #NiceAttack would happen within 12 hours :(

ZAVENTEM KILLERS WANTED TO ATTACK AMSTERDAM SCHIPHOL AIRPORT

AT5
http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/159594/aanslagplegers-zaventem-wilden-op-schiphol-toeslaan

Ibrahim and Khalid El Bakraoui, the brothers who committed terrorist attacks in Brussels, would initially have planned to take Schiphol Amsterdam Airport and the European Football Championships as a target. This is reported by the Belgian DH.be citing sources within the investigation into the brothers.
Because the terrorists felt that the police were on their trail, they decided that they would strike in Brussels. In the attacks at Zaventem Airport and Maelbeek Metro Station, 32 people were killed. It has been proven that one of the brothers stayed for a brief period in the Netherlands. After he was expelled from Turkey because of his radical ideas, he flew to Schiphol.

BBM

This comes two days after the head of Dutch Intelligence claims there has sofar been no major attack in the Netherlands because his excellent intelligence. (Unsure if anyone believed him.)

GROWTH OF BELGIAN ECONOMY IN 2016 DOWN BY 30% DUE TO ISIS ATTACK

[video=twitter;805178194374565888]https://twitter.com/p_vanostaeyen/status/805178194374565888[/video]

News: the 22 March attacks cost the Belgian economy a staggering 2.4 billion € Economic growth in 2016 was slowed down by 30% due to IS

BBM

Brussels Airport, tourism, trade, fairs, cinemas and festivals are among the sectors that were hit hardest.

After the attacks, Belgians stay home more often and do their shopping on line.

http://m.deredactie.be/#!/snippet/58425f0dc9976f06001cb57f

SECRET REPORT SHOWS JUST HOW BADLY BELGIUM MISHANDLED HUINT FOR ISIS OPERATIVES

WSJ
http://www.wsj.com/articles/secret-...ishandled-hunt-for-isis-operatives-1483630994

BRUSSELS—Belgian police had numerous chances to unmask the Islamic State terror cell that later carried out the Paris and Brussels attacks, according to a confidential report prepared for Belgium’s Parliament. They muffed every one.

In early 2015, Brussels police stopped a car driven by Brahim Abdeslam, later one of the Paris attackers, and arrested him for drug possession. At the time, Brahim was on a terror watch list. He carried a booklet about “parental consent for the Jihad.” Police found a USB thumb drive hidden behind his car radio.

He was let go after brief questioning. Authorities failed to analyze the thumb drive or other electronics seized after the drug stop from an apartment Brahim shared with his younger brother, also involved in the attacks, Salah Abdeslam. Another unnoticed detail: The email address the suspect supplied, s_orry @ hotmail.com, was a fake.

The incident, details of which haven’t been previously reported, is outlined in the parliamentary report prepared by Comité P, a watchdog agency of former police and judicial officials auditing the work of Belgian police in the wake of the twin attacks. The 82-page report, reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, was finalized in September and hasn’t been made public.

BBM

Overview of Missed Chances:

P1-BZ629A_ISISM_9U_20161222170909.jpg

TWO OF THE ARRESTED JIHADISTS WERE IN BRUSSELS AIRPORT DURING THE ATTACK

ElPais
http://politica.elpais.com/politica.../1493321533_603041.html?id_externo_rsoc=TW_CM

Two of the nine men arrested last Tuesday in the province of Barcelona in an operation of the Mossos d'Esquadra against jihadism - Mohamed Lamsalak and Youssef Ben Hammou - were in Brussels during the attacks of 22 of April of 2016 on the airport and the Metro of the Belgian capital. Both suspected jihadists, who entered prison on Thursday by order of the judge of the National Court Eloy Velasco, arrived in Brussels on March 16 and left the city on the 23rd of the same month, one day after the attacks, which caused dozens to die. Two of them, moreover, have admitted that they were in the airport when the bombs exploded.

BBM

Mossos d'Esquadra are the Catalán Police.

YASSINE ATAR ALSO INDICTED FOR ATTACKS IN PARIS

VRT.be
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/binnenland/1.2994865

Suspected terrorist Yassine Atar has been indicted for the attacks of Paris in November 2015. He was in prison since March last year, a few days after the attacks in our country.

Yassine is the younger brother of Oussama Atar who, according to the court. played a major role in the attacks in Brussels and Paris.
Oussama is still on the run, but his younger brother has been in in prison for a while. He was arrested as a suspect immediately after the attacks in our country because it was feared that he would carry out an attack during a peace march in Brussels.

Traces of explosives were found on his body and clothes. Also in the audio testament of Ibrahim El Bakraoui, one of the Zaventem's suicide terrorists, Yassine is mentioned. The brothers El Bakraoui and the Atar brothers are cousins.

The younger brother is now also indicted for the attacks in Paris, as leader of a terrorist organization. Shortly after the attacks he had been arrested, but he was released at that time.

But in the meanwhile more incriminating evidence has been found.
Thus, Yassine had a key of the property in the Henri Bergéstraat in Schaarbeek, where the bomb belts were made for the attacks in Paris. He apparently also activated the mobile devices from the people who coordinated the attacks in Paris from our country.

A lot of terrorist suspects from our country have been extradited to France and are in prison. The most important of them is Salah Abdeslam. Chances are that the French court will also request Yassine Atar's extradition.

BBM

A much-awaited trial involving the lone surviving suspect in the November 2015 extremist massacres in Paris will likely be postponed due to the appointment of a defense lawyer who still has to prepare.

A Belgian official close to the Paris attacks investigation said that Salah Abdeslam, currently held in France, “will not show up. There will be no transfer” to Brussels on Monday for the opening day of the court case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c636f076c76_story.html?utm_term=.b166ebfd5237

Please keep this thread here and do not move it to Trials,
because
the entire database about jihadist terrorism in Europe and the networks behind it will get lost once the thread is moved.

:please:

The main terrorism suspect behind the 2015 Paris attacks, Salah Abdeslam, will go on trial in Belgium under tight security on Monday over the shootout in Brussels that led to his capture.

The trial will open amid heavy security in the Palais de Justice, an imposing 19th-century Brussels landmark topped with a gilded cupola towering more than 100 meters.

Under arrangements for the trial, Abdeslam will be transferred to a prison in the north of France, from where he will travel to Brussels daily.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...cks-suspect-faces-trial-belgium/#.WnMZ87ynHAU

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back